PDA

View Full Version : Reasons why Chris Jones > Kimdeechee

blacklistedbully
11-26-2013, 09:53 PM
As if you're selling it to a national audience, or NFL teams prior to draft.

Go.

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2013, 09:54 PM
Because he is bigger, just as fast, body isn't done growing yet, and possess leadership qualities.

Kimdeechee's body is maxed out (He isn't getting any better except with experience and know how, and he had higher level coaching in high school and is thus less raw)

Character concerns

angusyoung
11-26-2013, 09:56 PM
Spend less money on spelling his name on his jersey

preachermatt83
11-26-2013, 10:11 PM
Jones doesn't post pictures of him in the bathroom holding his Johnson with another guy right beside him.

Crystal Balls
11-26-2013, 10:33 PM
Jones doesn't post pictures of him in the bathroom holding his Johnson with another guy right beside him.

We have a winner!!

Coach 57
11-26-2013, 11:08 PM
Allow me to put my 2cents in. I feel I know this position pretty well & can be a pretty good analyzer of both kids in their careers so far.

Robert- He is pure power! He has a great bull rush technique that he uses ALOT! The crazy thing is he has a counter step he uses to set you up if you an opposing OL. You can tell he has had good coaching. That counter step he uses to offset the wide base of the G/C to get underneath him JUST enough to flank the hip (where the OLs power is). Very good technique though. He has great feet & the biggest difference between elite DL and average SEC DLmen is the proper use of his hands. Robert uses his VERY well! He does have a few things that would bother me if I were a next level scout. 1.) laziness. His conditioning isn't very good. But for most true freshman it is the same thing ESPECIALLY at this position. But what bothers me is what he does when he gets winded. If your a next level scout you can get over some laziness & sloppy technique after fatigue sets in. But he has done some stupid things while being tired. One of which is losing his cool ala Suh style. Even so that Freeze can't control him. This is going to hurt him on the next level where EVERYBODY is good. Is he coachable? I also think he is a headcase. Red flags fly in this one & they aren't the kind he wants.

Chris- look I have seen this kid do some amazing things. I saw him try his best to beat Louisville by HIMSELF in the playoffs last year. I remember leaving the game thinking "this kid is pretty dang good!" Then I watched him in the preseason. And he gained 20-30lbs. And I said WOW! This is NOT even the same kid! Chris is still VERY raw! His feet aren't as good as Robert's. But he has speed Nkemdiche doesn't have either. But them when you get to power Robert again has a slight advantage over him. But it comes down to technique as it pertains to "tools in the box". Chris being a little talker has not only a fantastic bull rush (no counter step yet), but has a great swim move & he also uses his hands better than Nkemdiche . Figure in the fact that I have personally heard him tell Nick James to shut up & calm down and get back in the drill plus saw him tell Autry Vs Kentucky "this ends RIGHT NOW!" He displays leadership any body would want in their team. This kid is next level good! I mean by the time he is a Jr he will have blown all Fletcher's stats. This kid is gonna be one if the greatest DL in the history of our program.

messageboardsuperhero
11-26-2013, 11:17 PM
Good info 57.

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2013, 11:39 PM
Allow me to put my 2cents in. I feel I know this position pretty well & can be a pretty good analyzer of both kids in their careers so far.

Robert- He is pure power! He has a great bull rush technique that he uses ALOT! The crazy thing is he has a counter step he uses to set you up if you an opposing OL. You can tell he has had good coaching. That counter step he uses to offset the wide base of the G/C to get underneath him JUST enough to flank the hip (where the OLs power is). Very good technique though. He has great feet & the biggest difference between elite DL and average SEC DLmen is the proper use of his hands. Robert uses his VERY well! He does have a few things that would bother me if I were a next level scout. 1.) laziness. His conditioning isn't very good. But for most true freshman it is the same thing ESPECIALLY at this position. But what bothers me is what he does when he gets winded. If your a next level scout you can get over some laziness & sloppy technique after fatigue sets in. But he has done some stupid things while being tired. One of which is losing his cool ala Suh style. Even so that Freeze can't control him. This is going to hurt him on the next level where EVERYBODY is good. Is he coachable? I also think he is a headcase. Red flags fly in this one & they aren't the kind he wants.

Chris- look I have seen this kid do some amazing things. I saw him try his best to beat Louisville by HIMSELF in the playoffs last year. I remember leaving the game thinking "this kid is pretty dang good!" Then I watched him in the preseason. And he gained 20-30lbs. And I said WOW! This is NOT even the same kid! Chris is still VERY raw! His feet aren't as good as Robert's. But he has speed Nkemdiche doesn't have either. But them when you get to power Robert again has a slight advantage over him. But it comes down to technique as it pertains to "tools in the box". Chris being a little talker has not only a fantastic bull rush (no counter step yet), but has a great swim move & he also uses his hands better than Nkemdiche . Figure in the fact that I have personally heard him tell Nick James to shut up & calm down and get back in the drill plus saw him tell Autry Vs Kentucky "this ends RIGHT NOW!" He displays leadership any body would want in their team. This kid is next level good! I mean by the time he is a Jr he will have blown all Fletcher's stats. This kid is gonna be one if the greatest DL in the history of our program.

Goodness, I'm glad you came back. Please provide this kind of analysis as much as possible

preachermatt83
11-26-2013, 11:40 PM

even though you dedicated a whole thread to trying to get rid of me, I must say this is a very informative post.. Enjoyed reading it. Believe it or not, Im glad to have ya back. You bring a lot to the board.

Drugdog
11-26-2013, 11:57 PM
57 that is outstanding information. I realized how little I know about Football.

War Machine Dawg
11-27-2013, 12:06 AM

Hell yeah, now THIS is what I'm talkin' 'bout. Damn glad to have you back, 57!

dickiedawg
11-27-2013, 07:39 AM
We have a wiener!!

Ftfy. Couldn't help myself.

Political Hack
11-27-2013, 07:56 AM
RK has a DE's frame, a LB's height, and has to play DT. He's hit his ceiling. his stats should improve considering he'll become more experienced but he won't develop much more physically or from a fundamentals standpoint. he's probably the most polished DL I've seen come out in several years.

Jones is Clowney... without the attitude issues. He's a DT or a 3-4 DE that can play sideline to sideline. He can play anywhere from the zero to the nine in the SEC and can play a majority of those holes in the NFL.

plus all that cool stuff 57 said!

State82
11-27-2013, 08:38 AM
Coach57, THIS is the reason you need to hang around here. Excellent stuff my man. You can bring a viewpoint angle we really need.

smootness
11-27-2013, 08:56 AM

And 57 answers the OP completely and shuts the thread down.

Haha, good work, my man.

Coach 57
11-27-2013, 09:00 AM
Thanks guys.

EngineerDawg
11-27-2013, 09:10 AM
even though you dedicated a whole thread to trying to get rid of me, I must say this is a very informative post.. Enjoyed reading it. Believe it or not, Im glad to have ya back. You bring a lot to the board.

I second that preacher matt!

Bo Darville
11-27-2013, 09:30 AM
RK was a better player than Chris as a high schooler. He was further along, played better competition, and was more polished. Chris was more raw but has a higher ceiling than RK. We are seeing that growth and development from Chris. Both will be excellent college players and excellent pros.

When Ole Miss got RK they got the bigger national name. They also got a guy who was more game-ready on signing day. Chris wasn't as big of a name, but made huge strides between November 2012 and August 2013. He faced increased competition in the MS/AL All-star game and in the national All-star game. He made great gains in strength, size, and physical maturity. RK was the better player in 2011 and 2012. Jones with the slight edge in 2013. I expect Jones to widen the gap in the future. He has a legit chance to be a top 15 pick. Heck, Fletcher Cox was drafted high and Chris is further ahead and has greater abililty than Cox. I could see Jones as a top 10 in the 2016 NFL draft, and RK going in the first 2 rounds.

Both are physical freaks. Jones moreso than RK. Lebron James, Clowney, etc. are guys that make you wonder how men of that size can be so quick and athletic. Jones is like that. He could make an unreal NFL player. The most talent I've ever seen at MSU.

smootness
11-27-2013, 10:13 AM
I agree with you on the legit top 10-15 pick chance, except I would go further. I think he has a chance to be a top 3-5 pick. He is probably the best true freshman in the country right now, regardless of position.

Political Hack
11-27-2013, 10:21 AM
I agree with you on the legit top 10-15 pick chance, except I would go further. I think he has a chance to be a top 3-5 pick. He is probably the best true freshman in the country right now, regardless of position.

Jack out at UCLA might take that claim, but jones is certainly in that discussion. and if he's the best freshman out there, there's no reason he can't be a top 5 pick in 3-4 years.

Barking 13
11-27-2013, 10:26 AM
CHARACTER!!! good to see you back 57!!!

smootness
11-27-2013, 10:30 AM
Jack out at UCLA might take that claim, but jones is certainly in that discussion. and if he's the best freshman out there, there's no reason he can't be a top 5 pick in 3-4 years.

Jack is obviously very good, but I don't think he was better as a LB than Chris Jones is on the DL, and I think he's being overrated because of one game as a RB. He had a huge game against Arizona, then got all the goal-line carries against Washington the next week.

He's a good RB, but I have to see more from him there before I consider him a stud.

blacklistedbully
11-27-2013, 01:32 PM
And 57 answers the OP completely and shuts the thread down.

Haha, good work, my man.

Except that I'd like Coach's opinion on which of the two deserves "First Team Freshman All-American".

I, too want to thank coach. I never expected to get that thorough a review. Awesome!

Recognizing that CJ probably has the brighter future and a higher ceiling, based on this year, which would you choose for the AA honor?

Bo Darville
11-27-2013, 03:18 PM

He can be a top 5 pick. However, when you get that high in the draft, need comes into play. For instance if Jacksonville has the number 1 pick, they might go QB. If Atlanta has the number 1 pick, they won't go QB. Therefore some guys rise or fall based on team needs, not their ability. That is why I said top 10 or 15.

Bubb Rubb
11-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Jones is better than Kimdeechee because he's a dawg. No other explanation required.