PDA

View Full Version : Will You Consider 7-5 With a 3rd Straight Loss to OM a Successful Year?

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 10:32 AM
Me, no, especially if we continue to play like we have for two quarters a game in losses to LSU/KY, the win against AU, no show against bama, GA (?), and a possible non-competitive loss to OM. 8-4 changes a lot for me.

msstate7
11-06-2022, 10:48 AM
I won't consider a success, but probably not a failure either. Pretty much acceptable outcome.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 10:52 AM
It's a push, but it will suck to lose for them a 3rd time.

Most of the same fans who predicted 6-6 are bitching because we're at least 7-5 instead. They're just mad because a coach they have always personally disliked proved them wrong again.

parabrave
11-06-2022, 10:53 AM
Nope.

BuckyIsAB****
11-06-2022, 10:57 AM
Losing to OM this year is not acceptable

Leeshouldveflanked
11-06-2022, 10:59 AM
No.. you cant lose to Ole Miss 3 years in a row. If Basketball was swept by Ole Miss 3 years in a row and finished .500 you would be looking for a new coach. If Baseball lost 3 consecutive season series to Ole Miss and finished .500 you would be looking for a new coach.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 11:00 AM
No.. you cant lose to Ole Miss 3 years in a row. If Basketball was swept by Ole Miss 3 years in a row and finished .500 you would be looking for a new coach. If Baseball lost 3 consecutive season series to Ole Miss and finished .500 you would be looking for a new coach.

All of those things are false, at least not necessarily. It depends on how good Ole Miss was at the time.

Saltydog
11-06-2022, 11:01 AM
Hell no......Not with 16 starters retuning......

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 11:02 AM
Losing to OM this year is not acceptable

It will be sad, but demanding a road team over a team that is still in the playoff mix in November is silly.

CaptainObvious
11-06-2022, 11:10 AM
I don?t know what we can do about it right now, but for me, two straight poor football hiring decisions based directly on the recruiting footprint available to MSU got us in this position. Hopefully the causation of those decisions has LEFT THE BUILDING!

But we are where we are. Leach, short of retiring, gets another year to look dumbfounded on the sidelines as he watches his recruits try to do something they apparently weren?t built for: play to the top of their game against SEC competition.

So, there has to be a concerned group of Well to do State fans who must meet with Keenum during the off-season if not before, and explain that the new AD needs to be ready to move at the first sign of calamity football in the fall of 2023. We got 1 more year of Rogers as a starter in a league he is not built to succeed in at the highest level. Unfortunately, because of poor evaluation, there is no one on the roster even close to his talent level at QB.

We are going to lose these so called high caliber QBs after this year, so Leach or whoever will have to find a QB who meets multiple faceted qualities.

BuckyIsAB****
11-06-2022, 11:12 AM
It will be sad, but demanding a road team over a team that is still in the playoff mix in November is silly.

They are very similar to Auburn