PDA

View Full Version : That fumble in the LSU/Alabama game?

Schultzy
11-06-2022, 08:02 AM
Bama fumbles, LSU clearly recovers it, but bama retains possession why? I know bama touched the ball while their leg was out of bounds but that should not kill the play.

The ref tried explaining it to Kelly after the replay - do any of yall understand that ruling?

TUSK
11-06-2022, 08:10 AM
Bama fumbles, LSU clearly recovers it, but bama retains possession why? I know bama touched the ball while their leg was out of bounds but that should not kill the play.

The ref tried explaining it to Kelly after the replay - do any of yall understand that ruling?

If a player (that is out of bounds) touches the ball, the ball is "by default" out of bounds and the play is dead....

Schultzy
11-06-2022, 08:15 AM
If a player (that is out of bounds) touches the ball, the ball is "by default" out of bounds and the play is dead....

Ok - thats the only thing that makes sense… I think that rule needs to be looked at & considered for change.

TUSK
11-06-2022, 08:26 AM
Ok - thats the only thing that makes sense… I think that rule needs to be looked at & considered for change.

It's an interesting rule, for sure... It's been that way for long as I can remember...