PDA

View Full Version : Leach now has 10 SEC wins

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 01:46 AM
And on every single one of them, the same bitch squad of haters and losers gets on the boards and downplays it. It started with KJ's magical afternoon in Baton Rouge ("we just won because they only played man!") and it will continue for his entire tenure. No other fanbase in America runs down its own team like ours does.

Cooterpoot
11-06-2022, 01:53 AM
3 SEC wins a year is good? Damn dog, you desperate.

Todd4State
11-06-2022, 01:55 AM
Our fans suck. They really do. Unless you are Dan Mullen you don't get a pass. And then Dan was always trying to leave.

"Adjust to your personnel" is key for run the ball.

Anything in context is an excuse and it's always the coaches fault.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 01:57 AM
A lot of our fans wanted to fire Dan Mullen, especially in 2013. Same ones undoubtedly who now pretend like they liked him all along.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 01:58 AM

Mullen won 33 in 9 years. I'm pretty confident Leach will beat that by 2028. And remember I like Mullen and wasn't one of those idiots who constantly bashed him.

Todd4State
11-06-2022, 02:00 AM

Dan averaged what? 4?

Coach34
11-06-2022, 02:01 AM
10-14 in the SEC with Georgia coming up.

Todd4State
11-06-2022, 02:02 AM
A lot of our fans wanted to fire Dan Mullen, especially in 2013. Same ones undoubtedly who now pretend like they liked him all along.
The same Dan Mullen that went 6-6 during the regular season in year three? You don't say!

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 02:18 AM
Dan averaged what? 4?

Cooterpoot
11-06-2022, 02:18 AM
Dan averaged what? 4?

What the hell that got to do with anything? I thought we were trying to improve from Dan. Remember when this Air Raid was how to better compete with AL? AL is worse than almost any point in the last 10+ years and we score 1 TD in 3 years? You guys comfortable with Hoping we winning 6 or 7 every year hold this program back.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 02:19 AM
10-14 in the SEC with Georgia coming up.

Yep. We should all hope he gets #11 next week, but if we do, the same bitter bitches will tell us why we actually don't have anything to celebrate.

Cooterpoot
11-06-2022, 02:20 AM
The same Dan Mullen that went 6-6 during the regular season in year three? You don't say!

He also won 9 year two.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 02:20 AM
What the hell that got to do with anything? I thought we were trying to improve from Dan. Remember when this Air Raid was how to better compete with AL? AL is worse than almost any point in the last 10+ years and we score 1 TD in 3 years? You guys comfortable with Hoping we winning 6 or 7 every year hold this program back.

No one ever said that the Air Raid would "compete with Alabama." No SEC team has been able to do that regularly, and it's revisionist history to act like anyone said that Leach would be the one coach who would.

Cooterpoot
11-06-2022, 02:22 AM
No one ever said that the Air Raid would "compete with Alabama." No SEC team has been able to do that regularly, and it's revisionist history to act like anyone said that Leach would be the one coach who would.

You're dead ass wrong. The same crew thinking this is good football said we tried running it and couldn't beat Bama. Said this was our best shot to compete. It's been worse.

dawgday166
11-06-2022, 02:29 AM
He also won 9 year two.

He was 8-4 in regular season, 4-4 in SEC.

Now I will add that it's getting very freaking old to watch our O jump out on some team then Will start looking like a deer in the headlights after scoring 2 or 3 quick TD to begin game. He's not a Fr anymore.

Cooterpoot
11-06-2022, 02:33 AM
He was 8-4 in regular season, 4-4 in SEC.

Now I will add that it's getting very freaking old to watch our O jump out on some team then Will start looking like a deer in the headlights after scoring 2 or 3 quick TD to begin game. He's not a Fr anymore.

Leach won't win 9 in a year. He has no answers when teams adjust. We still can't block teams that bring 4. We eat up the drop 8 now, but when it's not there or Will gets fooled by looks, this offense is dead.

ImissCityBagel
11-06-2022, 02:35 AM

I remember this after the LSU loss. To be fair we played horribly.

dawgday166
11-06-2022, 02:36 AM
Leach won't win 9 in a year. He has no answers when teams adjust. We still can't block teams that bring 4. We eat up the drop 8 now, but when it's not there or Will gets fooled by looks, this offense is dead.

So is that on Leach or Will? Like you said Will gets fooled by looks, and that shouldn't be happening as much as it does. I swear when we get a decent lead or play Bama our offense doesn't even think about football between offensive series.

Ultimately Leach is in charge tho and has to answer for it.

ETA: And Dan only won 9 regular season games one time.

Cooterpoot
11-06-2022, 02:40 AM
So is that on Leach or Will? Like you said Will gets fooled by looks, and that shouldn't be happening as much as it does. I swear when we get a decent lead or play Bama our offense doesn't even think about football between offensive series.

As Leach himself said, "You're either coaching it or you're allowing it".

Cooterpoot
11-06-2022, 02:42 AM

Had he stayed for 2018, he probably wins 10. But comparing records is meaningless. Moorhead put up better seasons than Leach and he was trash.

dawgday166
11-06-2022, 02:45 AM
As Leach himself said, "You're either coaching it or you're allowing it".

I'm not arguing that.

I don't know when Leach folded all those chairs up but sometime after that our offense seemed to wake up. They all need a square kick in the ass. We get lead and next thing you know Will is looking at Leach for 20 secs before looking at the plays on his wrist, then frantically trying to get play snapped before the play clock expires. No freakin excuse for that crap. I guess in between offensive series he's busy resting instead of analyzing or thinking about how to attack the damned defense they've adjusted to.

ETA: After all he setting all kinds of passing records so he's a stud ... right? Tired of hearing that shit too. He's the leader of the offense so he needs to lead.

Cooterpoot
11-06-2022, 02:56 AM
I never saw our offense wake up. Defense carried us like it has a lot. The offense has been bad this year. Leach needs to fire some coaches and he needs an OC. But we know that won't happen. If he goes 7-5 this year, he should be forced to make staff changes. Problem is, he'd be content to say no and take the buyout because dumbass Cohen extended him last year.

dawgday166
11-06-2022, 02:59 AM
I never saw our offense wake up. Defense carried us like it has a lot. The offense has been bad this year. Leach needs to fire some coaches and he needs an OC. But we know that won't happen. If he goes 7-5 this year, he should be forced to make staff changes. Problem is, he'd be content to say know and take the buyout because dumbass Cohen extended him last year.

We went right down the field that culminated with the long pass/catch/run to RaRa for TD. Did somewhat for FG too. We hadn't done crap for almost 3 quarters after the first 17 offensive pts. If those don't happen we don't win the game. D played their ass off for most part too.

Todd4State
11-06-2022, 03:47 AM
You're dead ass wrong. The same crew thinking this is good football said we tried running it and couldn't beat Bama. Said this was our best shot to compete. It's been worse.

Worse? We outgained Alabama in Tuscaloosa and scored our first touchdown against them since 2014.

Todd4State
11-06-2022, 03:51 AM

What the hell it has to do with it is a complete double standard because Dan was allowed to build his program. We're already at 6-7 wins a year. The only way to get beyond that is to allow a coach to build- not fire him after three years because it wasn't an instant turnaround.

But people like me "hold this program back"? No it's the dumbasses that think a mobile QB fixes everything or that we should just completely do the opposite of what we're doing and then when we hire a coach that does the complete opposite wonder why that coach struggles here only to get mad when that coach loses to Kentucky to fire him and change everything again...

Todd4State
11-06-2022, 03:56 AM
I never saw our offense wake up. Defense carried us like it has a lot. The offense has been bad this year. Leach needs to fire some coaches and he needs an OC. But we know that won't happen. If he goes 7-5 this year, he should be forced to make staff changes. Problem is, he'd be content to say no and take the buyout because dumbass Cohen extended him last year.

The defense carried us at times and they let us down at times- specifically after we got us 30-25 they let Auburn basically just run down our throats when we had to have known what five plays they were running. They also had a bad run fit on a huge TD for Auburn and they couldn't contain their QB running.

They also came up big several times including in overtime. They were lights out in the first half. They had a ton of sacks tonight.

But they were every bit as up and down as the rest of the team.

bulldawg28
11-06-2022, 07:04 AM
Leach sucks. Only a Homer thinks differently.

Really Clark?
11-06-2022, 08:44 AM
Any comparisons between Mullen's first few seasons vs Leach has to have context though when comparing records. SEC West from 2009-2013 was historically the most difficult division. 2010 we finished 5th with 9 wins and 15th in the country because 4 other teams in our division were incredible (historically the most difficult season in on division of college football). From 2010-2013 you had at least 3 10 win teams in our division every year. Compared to the teams we are facing today in the West, it's just not the same quality as during those years.

MaroonFlounder
11-06-2022, 08:47 AM

Leach made staff changes after last year.

And you extend your coach for recruiting, to try to ensure prospects that the coach will still be around.

Cowbell
11-06-2022, 08:52 AM
The only reason leach has many of the wins he does, is because the middle to bottom of the league is atrocious. That includes us. It's why we get boat raced by teams in bowl games lately (unless we are playing Tulsa). Anybody defending leach at this point doesn't really understand the game. We have the talent to be better than what we are currently just on scheme alone.

Cowbell
11-06-2022, 08:53 AM
Leach made staff changes after last year.

And you extend your coach for recruiting, to try to ensure prospects that the coach will still be around.

That's working out well for us

basedog
11-06-2022, 08:57 AM
I don't get why any coach is compared to "years past". I also don't agree fans suck when 57K showed up last night. Maybe the ones complaining about the fans should adjust and say, "message board fans suck"! Or "armchair coaches" suck?

I don't consider myself a bad Msu fan, I'm not a fan of the air raid but I'm a huge Msu fan. In saying this, Leach is old, his offense is soft, he has no fire and want adjust or doesn't know how to adjust, something isn't right. Up 24-6 to a very bad Auburn team and we fell asleep at the wheel! Surely you guys can see this. Maybe I should read Genes page and get on board*

Dawgface
11-06-2022, 09:01 AM
Leach sucks. Only a Homer thinks differently.

I've become so apathetic about our program I only watched ot last night. I've decided I'm only watching meaningful games so I watched LSU/AL. Sad I know.

HancockCountyDog
11-06-2022, 09:01 AM
I think it?s perfectly rational to complain after last nights game.

If you can?t understand people being frustrated about our performance last night, it shows a different type of agenda.

Hambone
11-06-2022, 09:03 AM
He also won 9 year two.

I would have LOVED to see what Dan Mullen would have done with an all SEC schedule year 2.

bulldawg28
11-06-2022, 09:08 AM
I've become so apathetic about our program I only watched ot last night. I've decided I'm only watching meaningful games so I watched LSU/AL. Sad I know.

You didn't miss anything.

Lord McBuckethead
11-06-2022, 10:11 AM
Hugh Freeze?s offense did.

Lord McBuckethead
11-06-2022, 10:12 AM
Exactly. It is like our team is getting worse and worse game by game.

Dawgology
11-06-2022, 10:14 AM
This thread reeks of the poor OL? Mississippi State mentality that needs to be flushed from this fanbase and boosters.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 10:31 AM
Here's the bottom line: some people think you are "supposed" to win by running the ball between the tackles, and don't like it when we win any other way.

CoachT14
11-06-2022, 10:33 AM
What the hell it has to do with it is a complete double standard because Dan was allowed to build his program. We're already at 6-7 wins a year. The only way to get beyond that is to allow a coach to build- not fire him after three years because it wasn't an instant turnaround.

But people like me "hold this program back"? No it's the dumbasses that think a mobile QB fixes everything or that we should just completely do the opposite of what we're doing and then when we hire a coach that does the complete opposite wonder why that coach struggles here only to get mad when that coach loses to Kentucky to fire him and change everything again...

Dan was “allowed” to build his program because he built a ton of good will by being extremely competitive with a Tyson Lee lead team in year 1 and winning 9 games and beating Michigan in year 2. Mullen built this program. Leach is the beneficiary of that program and has done nothing to elevate it.

CoachT14
11-06-2022, 10:35 AM
Here's the bottom line: some people think you are "supposed" to win by running the ball between the tackles, and don't like it when we win any other way.

We lost to LSU and Kentucky because we refused to run the ball. So those “supposed” people were right.

I don’t want us to be a run first team. Just run the damn ball 35% of the time and I’m good. When we do that, our offense is lights out.

Saltydog
11-06-2022, 10:36 AM
The defense carried us at times and they let us down at times- specifically after we got us 30-25 they let Auburn basically just run down our throats when we had to have known what five plays they were running. They also had a bad run fit on a huge TD for Auburn and they couldn't contain their QB running.

They also came up big several times including in overtime. They were lights out in the first half. They had a ton of sacks tonight.

But they were every bit as up and down as the rest of the team.

To the defense of the "D" but our offense kept them on the field the whole second half and they were gassed......

Dawgology
11-06-2022, 10:36 AM
We lost to LSU and Kentucky because we refused to run the ball. So those “supposed” people were right.

I don’t want us to be a run first team. Just run the damn ball 35% of the time and I’m good. When we do that, our offense is lights out.

This. It?s football not rocket science.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 10:37 AM

I think we can run anywhere between 0 and 100% as long as we are winning more than we lose. I place no arbitrary demands

CoachT14
11-06-2022, 10:39 AM
I think we can run anywhere between 0 and 100% as long as we are winning more than we lose. I place no arbitrary demands

Good. We know you’re okay with mediocrity as long as we are in a bowl game.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 10:45 AM
Good. We know you’re okay with mediocrity as long as we are in a bowl game.

Did you want Dan Mullen fired ever? I sure as hell didn't.

Offshore Dawg
11-06-2022, 10:50 AM
Some of you are over looking a historical fact. State doesn't have the same level of players the big boys do. Example isn't our total NIL less than what Bama's QB is getting. Correct me if I am wrong on that.

QuadrupleOption
11-06-2022, 11:41 AM
Our fans suck. They really do. Unless you are Dan Mullen you don't get a pass. And then Dan was always trying to leave.

"Adjust to your personnel" is key for run the ball.

Anything in context is an excuse and it's always the coaches fault.

The same crew bitched about Mullen the entire time he was here too:
"Can't beat anyone not named Ole Miss" - 2009-2013
"Can't recruit" - entire tenure

Trust me, it doesn't matter who we get. When we don't win every game by 30 points they'll bitch about the next guy too.

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 12:03 PM
The only reason leach has many of the wins he does, is because the middle to bottom of the league is atrocious. That includes us. It's why we get boat raced by teams in bowl games lately (unless we are playing Tulsa). Anybody defending leach at this point doesn't really understand the game. We have the talent to be better than what we are currently just on scheme alone.

Talent is a big issue. How many of our players start for another West team?

CoachT14
11-06-2022, 12:06 PM

Trust me, it doesn't matter who we get. When we don't win every game by 30 points they'll bitch about the next guy too.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/Jq89FlQtYO0N4M27Gy/giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bdiri40jrppn4zlmi2tfmu49cjtmo 9zthcle2bksw&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Charlie_Sheen420
11-06-2022, 12:28 PM
Dan was “allowed” to build his program because he built a ton of good will by being extremely competitive with a Tyson Lee lead team in year 1 and winning 9 games and beating Michigan in year 2. Mullen built this program. Leach is the beneficiary of that program and has done nothing to elevate it.
Leach didn?t inherit Mullen?s program, he inherited the charred remains after Moorehead crashed the damn car and burned everything down, you remember it was basically inmates running an asylum for 2 years right? Leach had to clean that up and purge the problems?hence we have what we have, that was always going to effect us for a few years. I?m frustrated as hell with how things are but it?s much better than it could be, let the season play out and see where the chips fall. Leach can surprise and shock in both good and bad ways?maybe last night was a ?leach? game we somehow won?we are still due for the upset win that he tends to have?

MetEdDawg
11-06-2022, 12:39 PM
For those that think we should be more competitive with the top teams in our conference, please do the following:

Name some things that we do that compare well to the top teams in the conference.

Salaries, revenue, recruiting, things like that.

I have always been on the we overachieve currently with our resources. And I will always believe that. People come on here and say "We should be better"! But then they say well we suck and are inconsistent so I'm not coming. We are one of 3 or 4 teams in the conference not selling out home games when we are sitting at 6-3.

It took our AD leaving to get people to rally around NIL even though the website had been around for well over a month and was pinned at the top of this board. A bunch of folks bitch about not being better while we sit here and don't fill our stadium, don't donate more than $10-$15 a month to NIL, shit on every win we have; try to fire every head coach almost every year,

This fan base would make any sane person go crazy. We claim we want to be better while not doing things that make us better. Shut up and maybe try to enjoy this.

Plus this is year 2 for Leach since most of us agreed year 1 under Covid with all the ridiculousness wasn't actually a real year. So look at this through Year 2 glasses and not year 3 glasses. Lot of folks have moved that goalpost and forgot all about what happened to this program roughly 2 years ago.

Maverick91
11-06-2022, 12:51 PM

I don’t want us to be a run first team. Just run the damn ball 35% of the time and I’m good. When we do that, our offense is lights out.u

We lost those games because Rogers had his head up his arse and the receivers didnt want to play. It has nothing to do with running the ball.

Ezsoil
11-06-2022, 12:54 PM
Any comparisons between Mullen's first few seasons vs Leach has to have context though when comparing records. SEC West from 2009-2013 was historically the most difficult division. 2010 we finished 5th with 9 wins and 15th in the country because 4 other teams in our division were incredible (historically the most difficult season in on division of college football). From 2010-2013 you had at least 3 10 win teams in our division every year. Compared to the teams we are facing today in the West, it's just not the same quality as during those years.

Conversely, you can't compare how absolutely abysmal the SEC east was during that time ..Mullen's success was predicated on winning non conference games against much weaker competition...(he wasn't required to schedule a power 5 non conference team like Leach does) and going 14-4 against the east during his tenure. So before you go singing Mullen's praises ....yeah the SEC west was great during his tenure...but how many of those great teams did he beat? During Mullen's tenure...he only won 3 games against teams that finished the season ranked....Leach did that last year alone

Turfdawg67
11-06-2022, 01:11 PM

Here was the best one from the Mullen haters, most of whom love him now. "He wins 4 cream puff out of conference games, Vandy, Kentucky and occasionally Ole Miss. Loses to anyone with a pulse."

Lord McBuckethead
11-06-2022, 02:37 PM
Leach and Will. No need to separate blame here. Leach needs to coach better to get Will prepared. Will needs to get the lead out of his ass and help his OLine out here and there.

Also, it is becoming crystal flippin clear Will does not have what is required to win big in this or any system in the SEC. That is on Leach to get someone in there that can stretch the field a bit. 30 yard prayers down the sideline to RARA isn?t going to cut it. Not when all other teams we play have guys that can throw it 60. Imagine the amount of area teams would have to cover if our QB could uncork one 60 yards.

Really Clark?
11-06-2022, 03:29 PM
Conversely, you can't compare how absolutely abysmal the SEC east was during that time ..Mullen's success was predicated on winning non conference games against much weaker competition...(he wasn't required to schedule a power 5 non conference team like Leach does) and going 14-4 against the east during his tenure. So before you go singing Mullen's praises ....yeah the SEC west was great during his tenure...but how many of those great teams did he beat? During Mullen's tenure...he only won 3 games against teams that finished the season ranked....Leach did that last year alone

2009 we played ranked #13 Georgia Tech and East winner #3 Florida and a 7-6 Kentucky

2010 we played and beat Georgia, Florida and Kentucky in the East.

2011 we played #19 Georgia (10 win team) and #9 South Carolina (11 win team)

It wasn't like we only had the cream puffs of the East those years either. 2009 we the most difficult schedule in the country. Again, especially 2010-3011, that was historically difficult in college football for 1 division.

PikeDawg15
11-06-2022, 03:43 PM
What I am about to say , is the truth. This truth will hurt, some of you will not agree but many of you honestly will agree with this statement

The reason we are mad is not because we lost to kentucky

The reason we are mad is not because we lost to LSU

The reason we are mad is not because we lost to Alabama

The reason we are mad is not because we almost lost to a Auburn team that had about10+ coaches fired less than 7 days ago

The reason 99.9% of us are mad is because Miss State is 6-3 and Ole Miss is 8-1

We have lost back to back egg bowls and there is a 75% chance it becomes 3 in a row on thanksgiving

Ole Miss is the media darling and the come to the sip shit is annoying and we are also getting are ass handed to us in recruiting and on the field.

They had to completely rebuild their team from the ground up after losing the most starters in the SEC last year and they are 8-1 and there is a shot they will have a back to back 10 win season while we have back to back liberty bowl losses

I gurantee that half of us would not be as mad if ole miss was struggling to make a bowl game this year.

At the end of the , this is the most toxic rivalry in all of sports and it is not even close. We despise them AND ( yes you rebel landshark blackbears creeping) you despise us too.

I know what will happen if we lose on Thanksgiving again this year.

Do I think that is the best decision to do ? I honestly dont know but I know what will happen.

And thats all i gotta say about that

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 03:51 PM
The reason 99.9% of us are mad is because Miss State is 6-3 and Ole Miss is 8-1

I think there's a lot of truth in this, and I just don't get it. Like, I don't want Ole Miss to be good, I want them to suck, but it's not really going to make a difference in my life if they are good.

People sometimes post about how Ole Miss fans are going to give them hell about football and how hard that is, and I'm like, "A - grow thicker skin. And B - are you still in high school or something?" I know some Ole Miss fans, but no one is going to talk trash to me about the Egg Bowl, and I'm not going to talk trash if we win. And I've had a stranger come up to me unprompted to talk football like twice in my whole adult life, even when I wear MSU shirts out in public a lot.

PikeDawg15
11-06-2022, 03:55 PM
I think there's a lot of truth in this, and I just don't get it. Like, I don't want Ole Miss to be good, I want them to suck, but it's not really going to make a difference in my life if they are good.

People sometimes post about how Ole Miss fans are going to give them hell about football and how hard that is, and I'm like, "A - grow thicker skin. And B - are you still in high school or something?" I know some Ole Miss fans, but no one is going to talk trash to me about the Egg Bowl, and I'm not going to talk trash if we win. And I've had a stranger come up to me unprompted to talk football like twice in my whole adult life, even when I wear MSU shirts out in public a lot.

I had a cookout yesterday with OM fans there, Yes those people are unbearable.

Talking about going to the effing playoff, destroying state etc etc

Im 28 so it gets a little wild in this age group .

DownwardDawg
11-06-2022, 03:56 PM

This. This is that mentality that holds us back. I thought this offense gives us a chance? It doesn't. Its terrible. Most of us wanted the Mullen years to be a stepping stone in the right direction.

PikeDawg15
11-06-2022, 03:57 PM

But another thing true is , both programs cant be great at the same time, one of them has to suck.

Putting 2 sec schools in the poorest state in America with A small size of USM and Jackson state alum not helping either out and the sizeable LSU and Alabama fanbases in our state makes it even worse

LSU on the other hand gets to dominate a state that is richer than Mississippi all by themselves.

DownwardDawg
11-06-2022, 03:58 PM
I had a cookout yesterday with OM fans there, Yes those people are unbearable.

Talking about going to the effing playoff, destroying state etc etc

Im 28 so it gets a little wild in this age group .

I'm 55. The ole miss fans I know, they all know better. They know they aren't making playoffs or winning the SEC. And they know they "should" win the egg this year but nothing would surprise them.

PikeDawg15
11-06-2022, 04:01 PM
I'm 55. The ole miss fans I know, they all know better. They know they aren't making playoffs or winning the SEC. And they know they "should" win the egg this year but nothing would surprise them.

My buddies drunk OM fan neighbor got in my face yesterday when Auburn scored that touchdown late

I also returned the favor at the end of the game

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 04:03 PM
My buddies drunk OM fan neighbor got in my face yesterday when Auburn scored that touchdown late

I also returned the favor at the end of the game

Maybe I'm just a weird antisocial kind of guy (my real life personality doesn't really match my message board persona at all), but I just can't imagine that ever happening to me at age 35 in either direction. Like I went to the LSU game with a friend who cheers for them, but neither of us talked any smack before, during, or after the game, and he knew to just let me scowl and stew at the end.

However, if your experience is more typical, maybe that explains why I just don't put the same emphasis on the Egg Bowl as a lot of our posters do. I want to win it, probably the most of any game, but it's only a little more than "just another game" if we lose to me.

PikeDawg15
11-06-2022, 04:07 PM
Maybe I'm just a weird antisocial kind of guy (my real life personality doesn't really match my message board persona at all), but I just can't imagine that ever happening to me at age 35 in either direction. Like I went to the LSU game with a friend who cheers for them, but neither of us talked any smack before, during, or after the game, and he knew to just let me scowl and stew at the end.

However, if your experience is more typical, maybe that explains why I just don't put the same emphasis on the Egg Bowl as a lot of our posters do. I want to win it, probably the most of any game, but it's only a little more than "just another game" if we lose to me.

It hurts to lose that more than it feels good to win it.

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 04:15 PM
I'm 67 and my two best friends from boyhood are OM and we still live in the same town except when I moved away for work for 10 years. They hate State and know I feel the same about OM, (and I even have a second degree from there- confession made!). We talk sports and about both teams. They acknowledge their easy, early schedule and have been waiting for their bubble to burst beginning with the LSU game. Don't how they feel with the bama game yet with bama having issues. I don't care as much as I did in years past on how they do, just want us to be better. I think much of our fans' disgust is on how poorly we looked against LSU, KY, and now even AU in the second half, although a win. Most State fans I know have given up on a competitive game with bama.

Lord McBuckethead
11-06-2022, 07:24 PM
And yet Ole Miss did it in 1 year. That is the difference. Lane Kiffen did it and is set to win 10 games two years in a row, playing almost the same schedule as US with an entirely new team via the transfer portal.

Apparently Leach just can?t coach.

BrunswickDawg
11-06-2022, 07:40 PM
And yet Ole Miss did it in 1 year. That is the difference. Lane Kiffen did it and is set to win 10 games two years in a row, playing almost the same schedule as US with an entirely new team via the transfer portal.

Apparently Leach just can?t coach.

I think OM with Matt Luke was like MSU with Croom - they had talent on the roster with a coach who had no clue how to use it. That can make a turn around much easier. Kiffin is benefitting from having NFL guys already on the roster just like Mullen benefited in 2010.

That being said - we know Cohen was holding us back on NIL. Did he have the same opinion on the portal as he did on NIL? At a bare minimum, our lack of NIL has kept us from getting players we need from the portal.

PikeDawg15
11-06-2022, 07:58 PM
I think OM with Matt Luke was like MSU with Croom - they had talent on the roster with a coach who had no clue how to use it. That can make a turn around much easier. Kiffin is benefitting from having NFL guys already on the roster just like Mullen benefited in 2010.

That being said - we know Cohen was holding us back on NIL. Did he have the same opinion on the portal as he did on NIL? At a bare minimum, our lack of NIL has kept us from getting players we need from the portal.

There is some truth into this but to counter

Ole Miss lost the most Starters in the entire sec coming into this year

Thats why last year even after the egg bowl I was sure that We would be better than them because they simply lost both running backs, matt corral, multiple receivers, sam williams, 2 coordinators, a couple defensive backs.

They replaced all of that and seem to be better than we are, that is an amazing job by Lane Kiffin and not good for us

The main thing that is killing me outside of the actual games is the recruiting, Leach is getting whipped in in state recruiting where we use to do better than them in the state in that department.

We have 1 of the top 5 players in Mississippi Committed, 3 of the top 5 are committed to OM and another is a 50/50 game between us and OM

You can not win at Mississippi State without doing great in that department.

Todd4State
11-06-2022, 08:19 PM
This. This is that mentality that holds us back. I thought this offense gives us a chance? It doesn't. Its terrible. Most of us wanted the Mullen years to be a stepping stone in the right direction.

Well statistically it's been better than most of Dan's offenses and it's comparable to when Dak was here as far as PPG. So if Leach's offense is "terrible" you tell me what that made Dan's?

Todd4State
11-06-2022, 08:21 PM
There is some truth into this but to counter

Ole Miss lost the most Starters in the entire sec coming into this year

Thats why last year even after the egg bowl I was sure that We would be better than them because they simply lost both running backs, matt corral, multiple receivers, sam williams, 2 coordinators, a couple defensive backs.

They replaced all of that and seem to be better than we are, that is an amazing job by Lane Kiffin and not good for us

The main thing that is killing me outside of the actual games is the recruiting, Leach is getting whipped in in state recruiting where we use to do better than them in the state in that department.

We have 1 of the top 5 players in Mississippi Committed, 3 of the top 5 are committed to OM and another is a 50/50 game between us and OM

You can not win at Mississippi State without doing great in that department.

It helps having an easy schedule and Vanderbilt instead of Georgia.

We'll see what happens as far as "Mississippi recruiting" goes.