PDA

View Full Version : How can any of you think Leach is the answer at this point?

CadaverDawg
11-05-2022, 11:43 PM
We are not getting better, guys. We're getting worse

He got out coached by Cadillac Williams tonight for goodness sake.

Our kickers still suck. Our punters still suck. Our QB is worse now than he was earlier this season. We can't run the ball. Our recruiting sucks too by the way. The future is dimmer than the present

Does it bother anybody that even if Auburn hired Kiffin (which they wont), Ole Miss could easily make a hire that would keep them light years better than us with Leach? It's because they are committed to football. We are not. We are content with 6 wins and a shit bowl.

It's time for Keenum to decide if he's willing to do what it takes to win in the sport that matters, or not. There's a reason we hired the guy nobody else would hire in this league. We don't take football seriously. Are you guys cool with donating money to a program that doesn't care? I'm not.

DEDawg
11-05-2022, 11:48 PM
Only glimmer is hopefully the new AD sees this and makes some changes around here

BeardoMSU
11-05-2022, 11:48 PM
bc they freebase cocaine**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeE9_WLOFvI&t=1s&ab_channel=comedyisfunnyvideo

TrapGame
11-05-2022, 11:51 PM
Only glimmer is hopefully the new AD sees this and makes some changes around here

This is why I think Leach will be "encouraged" to retire after the Egg.

msstate7
11-05-2022, 11:55 PM
bc they freebase cocaine**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeE9_WLOFvI&t=1s&ab_channel=comedyisfunnyvideo

I have to watch that video every time it pops up. I love it.

EdwardDrayton
11-05-2022, 11:57 PM
This game was it for me in terms of confidence in this coach, offense and QB. We will not consistently win. The only question is do we let it play out this year and next with 6-7 wins a year. Or do we go ahead and start revamping with the new AD.

I vote for the revamp. Just can?t watch this any more. There?s no real hope for the future with what we have. Let?s take our lumps the next couple of years and build something truly competitive. What we have now is most assuredly not it.

TrapGame
11-06-2022, 12:00 AM
This game was it for me in terms of confidence in this coach, offense and QB. We will not consistently win. The only question is do we let play it out this year and next with 6-7 wins a year. Or do we go ahead and start revamping with the new AD.

I vote for the revamp. Just can’t watch this any more. There’s no real hope for the future in that. Let’s take our lumps the next couple of years and build something truly competitive. What we have now is most assuredly not it.

This is the way I see it as well. Leach lost me tonight.

HoopsDawg
11-06-2022, 12:08 AM
I would gauge interest of maybe 5 guys that are possible but are also kind of long shots like Deion, Whittingham, Rhule, Freeze and whoever. If they all shoot us down, I would still like to see this offense with a mobile QB. There are yards there for a guy like Jayden Daniels

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 12:16 AM
Stayed the whole game. Very ugly. No SEC DC fears this "offense". At worse, they make halftime adjustments and we have nothing to adjust from that little piece of paper. WR's then disappear again for most of 2nd half, (see LSU, KY, and bama always). UMass punter was terrible. Will, no pocket presence on fumbles. You have to be able to run some to win in the SEC. Game, even though a win, is a prime example of why it's hard for State fans to buy in. Cadillac and his "staff" had 3 days to prepare for this game, Leach and staff had 2 weeks. Let that sink in.

ScoobaDawg
11-06-2022, 12:19 AM
We need someone with a spread offense. Proven g5 coach that isn't harsin and has sec ties.
Or f*ck it. Who is the newest Saban retread as an oc and former HC...

bobtail bob
11-06-2022, 12:21 AM
I tuned out after the Kentucky game. This shit offense never caries or adapts. They trot the same garbage out every game. Why even watch film ?

HoopsDawg
11-06-2022, 12:22 AM
We need someone with a spread offense. Proven g5 coach that isn't harsin and has sec ties.

Dual threat QB, run some tempo, and go recruit.

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 12:29 AM

I can see why no true, higher ranked WR would want to play in this offense. Haven't looked but what was our ypc. Tulu was seldom even in the receiver rotation. Will hit 11 different receivers. Even counting all the dump downs to RB's that is too many to get a rhythm going as a receiver if you ask me.

lastmajordog
11-06-2022, 12:44 AM
del

PikeDawg15
11-06-2022, 12:52 AM
We have a G5 offense because maybe just maybe , taking guys whose next best offer is southern miss or Arkansas state is NOT a good idea

ScoobaDawg
11-06-2022, 12:57 AM

We have a commit from a "dual threat" guy.. The fsu former commit.
I don't want to calculate what his Jr year would be so he could get his first snap.. Since evidently we can't develop all the other qbs we have signed.. To learn this complicated playbook or develop them...
And of course. Leach won't play a underclassmen for more than a handful of handoffs...

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 01:02 AM
We have a G5 offense because maybe just maybe , taking guys whose next best offer is southern miss or Arkansas state is NOT a good idea

We offered an OT committed to USM this week from Tuscaloosa.

parabrave
11-06-2022, 01:53 AM

Todd Monken.

vindastra
11-06-2022, 09:17 AM
Todd Monken.

Does anyone know why this guy is never mentioned or considered?

TrapGame
11-06-2022, 09:20 AM
Does anyone know why this guy is never mentioned or considered?

I think he hates recruiting.

MetEdDawg
11-06-2022, 09:25 AM

Chip Kelly. Doesn't have the SEC ties but he's proving he can do it at UCLA and he's got a lot of what we want. Similar offense, coached in big time games.

I would kick the tires on that and see what happens.

msstate7
11-06-2022, 09:28 AM
Chip Kelly. Doesn't have the SEC ties but he's proving he can do it at UCLA and he's got a lot of what we want. Similar offense, coached in big time games.

Maybe auburn could pull him, maybe. We don't have a shot imo

ETA... didn't he choose ucla over Florida?

Leeshouldveflanked
11-06-2022, 10:11 AM
I think he hates recruiting.
^^^^^This^^^^^

Mjoelner34
11-06-2022, 10:13 AM

You'd fire him straight out of the gate. 3-9, 4-8, 3-4 in his first 3 years.

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 10:24 AM

Unless UCLA ran him off, no way he leaves them for us at this point in his career.

Dawgology
11-06-2022, 10:32 AM
We need to go throw ass loads of money at Hugh Freeze and bring in Mark Hudspeth as OC and Ed Orgeron as DC. We can call it the MSU coaching rehab tour. We would win a NC in year 2.

Santiago
11-06-2022, 10:47 AM
Stayed the whole game. Very ugly. No SEC DC fears this "offense". At worse, they make halftime adjustments and we have nothing to adjust from that little piece of paper. WR's then disappear again for most of 2nd half, (see LSU, KY, and bama always). UMass punter was terrible. Will, no pocket presence on fumbles. You have to be able to run some to win in the SEC. Game, even though a win, is a prime example of why it's hard for State fans to buy in. Cadillac and his "staff" had 3 days to prepare for this game, Leach and staff had 2 weeks. Let that sink in.

I had the flu and could not make it but for you guys there - did we have WR's open during that stretch that was ugly? It seemed at times we checked down really fast.
Also, on some of the runs, if Rogers just fakes the hand off he had green grass around the ends because they were crashing down.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 10:48 AM

Are you fuсking serious win that? Can you imagine the meltdown if Mike Leach had 3 losing records his first 3 seasons here?

MetEdDawg
11-06-2022, 11:14 AM
Are you fuсking serious win that? Can you imagine the meltdown if Mike Leach had 3 losing records his first 3 seasons here?

UCLA was a complete and total rebuild. We aren't anything close to that even though our fan bases favorite pastime is finding ways to crap on every conference win we ever have after we've won.

With what we have on roster, we aren't winning 3 and 4 games a year. We have the best group of QBs we've ever had, talent at the skill positions. Anyone that thinks Chip would come in and win 3 or 4 has a severely warped view of our program.

We could pay Chip Kelly 6-7 million dollars a year. Might not happen, but to me if you don't want to go down that road, that's ridiculous. Because Chip would be a good coach. Doesn't mean we get him, but why the hell would you not think about it? I don't really see negatives there.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 11:17 AM
Oh don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to have Kelly if we suddenly had a vacancy. I'm just saying that in Year 3, most of this board would be demanding his firing after he locked up another 7-5 year and I'd be the voice in the wilderness pointing out how "He's winning at the same level that Mullen and Leach did!"

parabrave
11-06-2022, 11:19 AM
Chip Kelly ain't coming nowhere near the SEC. He is happy and content at UCLA where he doesn't have to worry about being buttslammed every weekend.

Santiago
11-06-2022, 11:21 AM

Our kickers still suck. Our punters still suck. Our QB is worse now than he was earlier this season. We can't run the ball. Our recruiting sucks too by the way. The future is dimmer than the present

Does it bother anybody that even if Auburn hired Kiffin (which they wont), Ole Miss could easily make a hire that would keep them light years better than us with Leach? It's because they are committed to football. We are not. We are content with 6 wins and a shit bowl.

It's time for Keenum to decide if he's willing to do what it takes to win in the sport that matters, or not. There's a reason we hired the guy nobody else would hire in this league. We don't take football seriously. Are you guys cool with donating money to a program that doesn't care? I'm not.

Lane is a great coach. Anyone Ole Miss hires next is going to be a step down. TSUN fans will then be comparing their next coach to Lane and on it goes.
On Leach- I want to see how the season ends. It seems every freaking season, our fans want the coach fired before a season can be finished.
I am a big Leach supporter and last night was upset, but I want to see how this season ends, and what does Leach does in the Portal.
Also, I want to see this eggbowl before saying any more. I really don't care to start predicting any win or loss in an eggbowl.
Under Mullen we took teams to Oxford and should have beaten them and didn't. I want to see us kick their tail this year more than any year.

Santiago
11-06-2022, 11:24 AM

This is where we start looking ridiculous. Chip Kelly is not leaving LA for Starkville. Sorry to jump on your comment, but I mean this more toward all our other fans that want to jump on Leach, and assume we will land a big name.

Santiago
11-06-2022, 11:32 AM
Let's also keep in mind, while we are all bitching today, that we play in an extremely tough division where recruiting is incredibly competitive.
So before we run off a coach and think we will somehow hire the next savior that wins us 1 more game a year than the current coach, please step back for a minute.
I know improvements are needed, but good grief let's first see if we can get solutions.

sandjunky
11-06-2022, 11:38 AM
Let's also keep in mind, while we are all bitching today, that we play in an extremely tough division where recruiting is incredibly competitive.
So before we run off a coach and think we will somehow hire the next savior that wins us 1 more game a year than the current coach, please step back for a minute.
I know improvements are needed, but good grief let's first see if we can get solutions.

Who gives a flip we play in a tough flipping division?

Yes we won last night - but the effort and execution disappear for long stretches of nearly every game
- I want to see the kind of effort Auburn displayed for 60 minutes
- I want to see emotion and give a flip by our coaches

Santiago
11-06-2022, 11:39 AM
Who gives a flip we play in a tough flipping division?

Yes we won last night - but the effort and execution disappear for long stretches of nearly every game
- I want to see the kind of effort Auburn displayed for 60 minutes
- I want to see emotion and give a flip by our coaches

I will tell you who gives a flip about the schedule and recruiting - the coaches you try to hire next, who will want the job as a stepping stone. My post was all about the griping through each season to fire a coach, as if we can easily hire a savant.

MetEdDawg
11-06-2022, 11:40 AM
This is where we start looking ridiculous. Chip Kelly is not leaving LA for Starkville. Sorry to jump on your comment, but I mean this more toward all our other fans that want to jump on Leach, and assume we will land a big name.

Chip Kelly is scheduled to make 4.8 million next year.

Telling me we can't come with an offer of 7 million and at least make him think about it?

Not saying he would, but I've got to think that would at least be a reasonable course of action for us to take.

Like o said, not saying he would come. But are we seriously not going to look at starting there?

Santiago
11-06-2022, 11:41 AM
Chip Kelly is scheduled to make 4.8 million next year.

Telling me we can't come with an offer of 7 million and at least make him think about it?

Not saying he would, but I've got to think that would at least be a reasonable course of action for us to take.

Like o said, not saying he would come. But are we seriously not going to look at starting there?

Yes, that is exactly what I am telling you.
But you and some others may have a point that for us to upgrade to a coach like that, we will have to pay out some ridiculous money. But even then, we only offer 4 year contracts in MS, and Starkville is not for every coach and their wives. Maybe that is just where things are.

Another perspective - Leach's buyout this season is about $16.8 million. Don't confuse our budget with the Auburn's, Aggies, etc. We cannot even pay that buyout, so everyone just give it up this season about firing a coach, or poney up the money yourselves.
And if we are not wanting to buyout $16.8, not including assistants, then do you think we would then run out and pay a coach and assistants over $8 million?

So these threads right now, this season are going nowhere in firing our current coach.

QuadrupleOption
11-06-2022, 11:45 AM

JFC he didn't get "outcoached". Our OL allowed too many hits to the QB and can't run block against good DL. Our punter lost his damn mind.

If anything, he got outrecruited, and that isn't anything new.

NCDawg
11-06-2022, 11:47 AM
We need to go throw ass loads of money at Hugh Freeze and bring in Mark Hudspeth as OC and Ed Orgeron as DC. We can call it the MSU coaching rehab tour. We would win a NC in year 2.

I second this motion. Anybody watch Freeze' Liberty team beat Arkansas yesterday. I know a lot of State people don't like him, but he is a great coach and I have no doubt he could win here.

msstate7
11-06-2022, 11:48 AM
JFC he didn't get "outcoached". Our OL allowed too many hits to the QB and can't run block against good DL. Our punter lost his damn mind.

If anything, he got outrecruited, and that isn't anything new.

Using your reasoning no loss is ever on the coach.

sandjunky
11-06-2022, 11:51 AM

I no longer believe he is the answer, and I wanted him when we hired Mullen and Morehead

This program needs: energy & passion with a blue collar in your face attitude that refuses to be out worked or out hustled and let?s the world know you better bring your lunchbox because we fighting for 60

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 12:26 PM
"I don't see any emotion from the coach on the sideline" was something we heard a lot about Mullen in the 2011-13 years.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-06-2022, 12:38 PM
I no longer believe he is the answer, and I wanted him when we hired Mullen and Morehead

This program needs: energy & passion with a blue collar in your face attitude that refuses to be out worked or out hustled and let?s the world know you better bring your lunchbox because we fighting for 60
Arnett deserves an interview whenever our job opens, that is without question. He has that attitude you described, we all saw it last night, problem is he is a defensive guy, success tends to follow offensive minded coaches, but if he could get a great offensive staff, I think he?d do well

vindastra
11-06-2022, 12:50 PM
Arnett deserves an interview whenever our job opens, that is without question. He has that attitude you described, we all saw it last night, problem is he is a defensive guy, success tends to follow offensive minded coaches, but if he could get a great offensive staff, I think he?d do well

Our last two "offensive" savants are technically frauds.

We might as well have a defensive coach and a great OC.

Maverick91
11-06-2022, 01:01 PM

Saban and Kirby ?

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-06-2022, 01:02 PM
All this talk misses the point: You can't win a 100m dash if the opponents start 80m closer to the finish line. That's college. We are POOR, and poor 17 year old recruits want cash. 50 year old coaches want cash. We can't get or keep either.

Cue the "poor ol mississippi State" crowd. I don't care of you want to mock it, Its the TRUTH, and the truth hurts. We will NEVER be able to compete with the elites except for the rare once a decade stars align 2014... which we had 3 losses in, BTW. Even our golden standard of "we can compete!" Would still be Bamas or Ohio States worst season in a decade and a half.

Leach cant recruit? Name me who could here when the competition is offering $100k to a kid and we can't muster $20k?

Leach is a flawed coach? Who isn't? Even Saban missed on his OC and DCs and is paying the price now.

Leach hasn't elevated the program? It's embarrassing how short your memories are- JoMo left a mess and were only now getting back to having all our scholarships used. He's absolutely elevated us from what he took over.

Leach has won big at 2 shitty schools with shitty recruiting. Name me ANY coach we could hire that's done that? Name me ANY coach with a resume as good as Leaches? Name me ANY coach we could have hired post Moorhead who'd have done better to this point? Name me ANY coach we could hire now who would do better than Leach going forward?

You can't. All you can do is point out his flaws, which fair enough I guess. But you can't think 1 step ahead. We are in a pay to win game and we are poor.

CadaverDawg
11-06-2022, 01:04 PM
I don't care if it's a household name. Just give me someone with some creativity and a passion to play hard, recruit hard, and make adjustments. And someone that will put asses in the seats and drive NIL donations. I don't care if it starts out as a stepping stone. This boring bullshit with no adjustments and no creativity is slowly killing our program. It doesn't generate excitement, donations, recruiting, nothing.

Coach34
11-06-2022, 01:14 PM
I second this motion. Anybody watch Freeze' Liberty team beat Arkansas yesterday. I know a lot of State people don't like him, but he is a great coach and I have no doubt he could win here.

Freezus is a good football coach. He's proven that.

Buttttttt...nobody has ever called me virtuous and I have had my share of fun with strippers in and out of the club....and even I cant look the other way as to what Freezus was doing at Mississippi in recruiting. Good grief- he could have been hired as the road manager for Motley Crue with what he was doing all the while Bible thumping.

Just cant make that hire. Auburn is that school. Not us

CadaverDawg
11-06-2022, 01:17 PM
All this talk misses the point: You can't win a 100m dash if the opponents start 80m closer to the finish line. That's college. We are POOR, and poor 17 year old recruits want cash. 50 year old coaches want cash. We can't get or keep either.

Cue the "poor ol mississippi State" crowd. I don't care of you want to mock it, Its the TRUTH, and the truth hurts. We will NEVER be able to compete with the elites except for the rare once a decade stars align 2014... which we had 3 losses in, BTW. Even our golden standard of "we can compete!" Would still be Bamas or Ohio States worst season in a decade and a half.

Leach cant recruit? Name me who could here when the competition is offering $100k to a kid and we can't muster $20k?

Leach is a flawed coach? Who isn't? Even Saban missed on his OC and DCs and is paying the price now.

Leach hasn't elevated the program? It's embarrassing how short your memories are- JoMo left a mess and were only now getting back to having all our scholarships used. He's absolutely elevated us from what he took over.

Leach has won big at 2 shitty schools with shitty recruiting. Name me ANY coach we could hire that's done that? Name me ANY coach with a resume as good as Leaches? Name me ANY coach we could have hired post Moorhead who'd have done better to this point? Name me ANY coach we could hire now who would do better than Leach going forward?

You can't. All you can do is point out his flaws, which fair enough I guess. But you can't think 1 step ahead. We are in a pay to win game and we are poor.

Poor ole Mississippi State is accepting mediocrity because "we're poor ole Mississippi State"....so you, my friend, are poor ole Mississippi State. Loser mentality

MetEdDawg
11-06-2022, 01:34 PM
Poor ole Mississippi State is accepting mediocrity because "we're poor ole Mississippi State"....so you, my friend, are poor ole Mississippi State. Loser mentality

But....we are poor.

We are the poorest school in the conference every single year. So either money doesn't matter or it does, and if it does, we can't just say oh screw money we should be more successful than we are!

Name me poor schools that are consistently competitive. Don't name me rich schools that underperform. Name me poor schools that consistently overachieve. Because we are the poorest school in the conference.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 01:40 PM

Is averaging 7.1-4.9 in regular seasons, winning 46% of SEC games, getting bowls every year, etc., actually "mediocre" though? That's harsh.

CadaverDawg
11-06-2022, 01:43 PM
But....we are poor.

We are the poorest school in the conference every single year. So either money doesn't matter or it does, and if it does, we can't just say oh screw money we should be more successful than we are!

Name me poor schools that are consistently competitive. Don't name me rich schools that underperform. Name me poor schools that consistently overachieve. Because we are the poorest school in the conference.

That's why you have to have energy and excitement! Boredom doesn't drive money! 6-6/7-5 doesn't either.

CadaverDawg
11-06-2022, 01:44 PM
Is averaging 7.1-4.9 in regular seasons, winning 46% of SEC games, getting bowls every year, etc., actually "mediocre" though? That's harsh.

It's literally 1 game above .500

So yeah, mediocre. Especially when 4 of our 7 wins are usually cupcake teams that nobody even shows up to watch us beat.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 01:46 PM
It's literally 1 game above .500

So yeah, mediocre. Especially when 4 of our 7 wins are usually cupcake teams that nobody even shows up to watch us beat.

If your standard for mediocre is Dan Mullen, you're probably going to be unsatisfied with any coach we ever hire. Clawson, Kelly, etc., have similar records and likely would here.

NCDawg
11-06-2022, 01:56 PM
Freezus is a good football coach. He's proven that.

Buttttttt...nobody has ever called me virtuous and I have had my share of fun with strippers in and out of the club....and even I cant look the other way as to what Freezus was doing at Mississippi in recruiting. Good grief- he could have been hired as the road manager for Motley Crue with what he was doing all the while Bible thumping.

Just cant make that hire. Auburn is that school. Not us

I'm sure Freeze will admit that he made lots of mistakes in his personal life. Lots of us have. There is such a thing as forgiveness if you are truly sorry for your sins. Liberty gave him a second chance and he seems to be doing pretty well there. Lots of State fans feel like you, however. Auburn will probably hire him, win championships, and we will continue on our path of mediocrity.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 01:58 PM
I'm sure Freeze will admit that he made lots of mistakes in his personal life. Lots of us have. There is such a thing as forgiveness if you are truly sorry for your sins. Liberty gave him a second chance and he seems to be doing pretty well there. Lots of State fans feel like you, however. Auburn will probably hire him, win championships, and we will continue on our path of mediocrity.

Do you really think Cuck Fetish U gives a damn about Freeze and hookers?

MetEdDawg
11-06-2022, 02:01 PM
That's why you have to have energy and excitement! Boredom doesn't drive money! 6-6/7-5 doesn't either.

So explain how we do that. We've ALWAYS been that and unlike many want to believe, we still are that.

So how do you bring energy and excitement to the poorest team in the conference and compete and win games against teams that literally do everything better than you?

We have beaten every team we've played at home this year and according to the fan base, we suck. Beat Auburn, Texas A&M, and Arkansas at home. We suck. We had like 2-3 exciting seasons under Dan Mullen and in 2 of those years we had a QB that's starting in the NFL. Got very lucky.

Who would you replace Leach with that you could guarantee me would bring us more than 7 wins a year?

Cooterpoot
11-06-2022, 02:22 PM
But....we are poor.

Not nearly to the extent you think. And part of the reason Cohen is gone is due some money influence because Cohen was holding us back. All these schools claiming to have all that money for NIL are full of shit minus a handful.

CaptainObvious
11-06-2022, 02:24 PM
So explain how we do that. We've ALWAYS been that and unlike many want to believe, we still are that.

So how do you bring energy and excitement to the poorest team in the conference and compete and win games against teams that literally do everything better than you?

We have beaten every team we've played at home this year and according to the fan base, we suck. Beat Auburn, Texas A&M, and Arkansas at home. We suck. We had like 2-3 exciting seasons under Dan Mullen and in 2 of those years we had a QB that's starting in the NFL. Got very lucky.

Who would you replace Leach with that you could guarantee me would bring us more than 7 wins a year?

With a coach who doesn?t have to use a magnifying glass to see that his QB is struggling and may need to give up a couple of series, to stand on the sideline and get a different view of what the deride is doing whip his backup engineers those series to see if he can light a spark.

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 02:35 PM
Our offense is boring and disappears most games for at least 2 quarters or so. Makes its hard for people to buy in, when they are not being entertained for much of the game. This also leads to empty seats in today's sports world. Going to games in the $EC is not cheap.

MetEdDawg
11-06-2022, 02:39 PM
With a coach who doesn?t have to use a magnifying glass to see that his QB is struggling and may need to give up a couple of series, to stand on the sideline and get a different view of what the deride is doing whip his backup engineers those series to see if he can light a spark.

So name me that coach. Go find me the coach that's going to bench his year 3 QB that started the game 17-0 and is going to bench him to make him figure out things.

Find me a coach that will coach at MSU that will do that. Actually, find me ANY coach that you've seen in college football that benched a 2+ year starter because of a bad 2 quarters of football.

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 02:41 PM
Third quarter last night, we had no first downs, 40 yards on 20 plays. We usually have two bad quarters in all our losses, except bama (all bad quarters for years), BTW.

dstatechamps
11-06-2022, 02:45 PM
I find it fascinating that people get worked up enough about a football team to spend that much time to bitch about it. I've got actual important things to deal with. Lawd......

CadaverDawg
11-06-2022, 03:06 PM
I find it fascinating that people get worked up enough about a football team to spend that much time to bitch about it. I've got actual important things to deal with. Lawd......

Clearly not. You're here reading it.

CadaverDawg
11-06-2022, 03:13 PM

So the same guy telling us we should offer Chip Kelly 7 mil per year is telling me we can't get anybody with more energy and creativity than Mike Ummmmm Leach?

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 03:22 PM
So the same guy telling us we should offer Chip Kelly 7 mil per year is telling me we can't get anybody with more energy and creativity than Mike Ummmmm Leach?

I don't really care how "creative" a coach is, but I bet Chip Kelly would continue the Mullen/Leach standard of averaging around 7-5 here. Absolutely he should get a call the next time we have a vacancy.

CadaverDawg
11-06-2022, 03:26 PM
I don't really care how "creative" a coach is, but I bet Chip Kelly would continue the Mullen/Leach standard of averaging around 7-5 here. Absolutely he should get a call the next time we have a vacancy.

That's fine. He'd be better than Leach. You're proving my point that we can do better. Kelly is a better coach than Leach. And he runs a more balanced attack that would do better in the SEC. 5 plays and no run game will never work in this league. Ever. If we had any semblance of a run game, we win last night 45-13.

So even if we somehow got Kelly (which we couldn't), and he had the same records as Mullen and Leach....at least we'd be doing the 2 things I'm asking for....showing we are committed to trying to win Big, and using a unique yet balanced style of offense that Cater’s more to the talent in our state.

And I'm not saying I want Kelly. I'd prefer a younger guy with more recruiting appeal

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 03:29 PM
That's fine. He'd be better than Leach. You're proving my point that we can do better. Kelly is a better coach than Leach. And he runs a more balanced attack that would do better in the SEC. 5 plays and no run game will never work in this league. Ever. If we had any semblance of a run game, we win last night 45-13.

So even if we somehow got Kelly (which we couldn't), and he had the same records as Mullen and Leach....at least we'd be doing the 2 things I'm asking for....showing we are committed to trying to win Big, and using a unique yet balanced style of offense that Cater’s more to the talent in our state.

I just don't really have any reason to think that Kelly would be BETTER than the elevated standard Mullen and Leach have established for us. Equal, probably he would.

CadaverDawg
11-06-2022, 03:42 PM
I just don't really have any reason to think that Kelly would be BETTER than the elevated standard Mullen and Leach have established for us. Equal, probably he would.

Well by balance and creativity alone he would give us a better shot than one dimensional Leach, so bring it on

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 03:47 PM
Well by balance and creativity alone he would give us a better shot than one dimensional Leach, so bring it on

Maybe? Chip Kelly's first 5 years at UCLA are probably slightly better than Leach's first 5 at Washington State (I guess we should wait and see how this year ends for the Bruins), but WSU has far lower resources, and it's impossible to overstate how unimaginably bad WSU was before Leach took over. Given that, I think it's a win for Leach's resume if we compare their most recent Pac-12 tenures.

Put another way, I think Leach would have won a little more than Kelly had he been hired at UCLA in 2018, and I don't think Kelly would have done as well as Leach at WSU. I can't really prove that, it's just how I'm reading the numbers.

EdwardDrayton
11-06-2022, 03:56 PM
So name me that coach. Go find me the coach that's going to bench his year 3 QB that started the game 17-0 and is going to bench him to make him figure out things.

Find me a coach that will coach at MSU that will do that. Actually, find me ANY coach that you've seen in college football that benched a 2+ year starter because of a bad 2 quarters of football.

A coach who wants to make it to Year 4.

soonerdawg
11-06-2022, 04:10 PM

Let me throw some information at you and anyone reading.

We are either the poorest or second poorest program in the SEC depending on who cuts an extra check at vanderbilt and one of the poorest in the Power 5. https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-richest-poorest-football-programs-2019/

Couple that with being in a state that has garnered a reputation, rightly or wrongly, of being undesirable mixed with a plain and boring town equals a bad formula for attracting recruits and coaches. Oxford saves themselves by being one of the more picturesque towns in the conference.

There's not a lot going in our favor, and the most important factor of money being a scarce resource hurts us a ton. We will not be first, second, third or fourth in line for that up and coming coordinator or coach or star player.

Despite this, we're able to consistently beat the higher revenue programs including our one and a half rivals and even upset the big schools like LSU on occasion. Anyone who can do better than that with the resources and factors working against us should be hailed as nothing short of a messiah.

CadaverDawg
11-06-2022, 04:24 PM
Let me throw some information at you and anyone reading.

We are either the poorest or second poorest program in the SEC depending on who cuts an extra check at vanderbilt and one of the poorest in the Power 5. https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-richest-poorest-football-programs-2019/

Couple that with being in a state that has garnered a reputation, rightly or wrongly, of being undesirable mixed with a plain and boring town equals a bad formula for attracting recruits and coaches. Oxford saves themselves by being one of the more picturesque towns in the conference.

There's not a lot going in our favor, and the most important factor of money being a scarce resource hurts us a ton. We will not be first, second, third or fourth in line for that up and coming coordinator or coach or star player.

Despite this, we're able to consistently beat the higher revenue programs including our one and a half rivals and even upset the big schools like LSU on occasion. Anyone who can do better than that with the resources and factors working against us should be hailed as nothing short of a messiah.

Well then that settles it, let's just accept the fact that we will never be better. We're just poor State, we should accept mediocrity. How dare I and others think we should expect more than to have a balanced offense that contains more than 5 plays, and to put away a floundering coachless team at home after getting up by 21. We need to just accept being the little fella we are, while a team an hour and half away from us in the same State continues to go to NY Day bowls and flourish in the top 10.

GTFOH with the chicken little BS. We are in the SEC. Do we make as much as the rest of our conference? No. That just means we have to be smarter, more creative, and use ours wisely. Doesn't mean we have to throw our hands up and say "we have the last ranked budget but aren't finishing last...we should be happy and extend contracts"

I forgot I'm dealing with a bunch of fans that are cool with Poor fan support, losing to Ole Miss every year, playing with no energy, not adjusting, not recruiting, not improving our weaknesses from the year before, and going to a poorly attended, poorly viewed, worthless bowl game every year. I'm sure Vandy is jealous.