PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi State will beat Georgia. Here's why

Tater
11-05-2022, 11:24 PM
1. I'll preface this with I won't remember a thing in the AM and probably ignore this board till Tuesday. I don't care. We won so **** you I won't do what you tell me.

2. We're undefeated at home.

3. Everytime a defense has "solved us" we eventually figure it out. It took a solid 12 drives of sheer stupidity but Will finally learned how to beat the defense that has stalled us the last 3 games. Kinda hilarious we won on a rushing TD tonight.

4. Georgia has gone a long long loooooooong time without pulling a Georgia. It's time for them to Georgia.

5. I'm actually getting to make it down to the game and we all know in college football all that matters is whether the main character is there to affect it. And Im the main character to me. (Just like you're the main character to you. Don't read into it.)

6. The SEC refs have decided to be comedians instead of screwing us for the betterment of the conference. That shit was comical tonight from Lee.

7. Our fanbase didn't quit and the team didn't quit. Every opportunity to quit. I definitely yelled a lot at Will. Hell I think I heard Bucky yell to bench him at one point. But we stayed the course and still won. If it ain't perfect at least it's kinda fun.

8. I'm running out of steam but we just won a rain game lmao. Someone use a heater to generate more steam.

9. Georgia doesn't have the offense to keep up with a team that is rolling on all cylinders.

10. We're gonna roll on all cylinders cause it's gonna be funny. Sports always trends towards the absurd. Hell we more like to win by double digits than not.

11. Because I want it.

12. No one who barks at other people all day deserves extended happiness.

Homedawg
11-05-2022, 11:29 PM
It

Skydawg1
11-05-2022, 11:30 PM
Georgia is going to smash into Will Rogers' grill in 1.5 seconds, so many snaps, it will not even be funny. I do not like this matchup.

TrapGame
11-05-2022, 11:30 PM
I love ya Tater but you're drunk.

BeardoMSU
11-05-2022, 11:31 PM
Na, dude...
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9f/38/ec/9f38eca46108f84efe9f7a8f5401f539.gif

msstate7
11-05-2022, 11:33 PM
Let's just hope they don't kill will, so we can dream about winning the egg

TaleofTwoDogs
11-06-2022, 12:24 AM
Mississippi State will beat Georgia...

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA.............................

PMDawg
11-06-2022, 12:25 AM
49-3 Georgia

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 12:32 AM
1. I'll preface this with I won't remember a thing in the AM and probably ignore this board till Tuesday. I don't care. We won so **** you I won't do what you tell me.

3. Everytime a defense has "solved us" we eventually figure it out. It took a solid 12 drives of sheer stupidity but Will finally learned how to beat the defense that has stalled us the last 3 games. Kinda hilarious we won on a rushing TD tonight.

4. Georgia has gone a long long loooooooong time without pulling a Georgia. It's time for them to Georgia.

5. I'm actually getting to make it down to the game and we all know in college football all that matters is whether the main character is there to affect it. And Im the main character to me. (Just like you're the main character to you. Don't read into it.)

6. The SEC refs have decided to be comedians instead of screwing us for the betterment of the conference. That shit was comical tonight from Lee.

7. Our fanbase didn't quit and the team didn't quit. Every opportunity to quit. I definitely yelled a lot at Will. Hell I think I heard Bucky yell to bench him at one point. But we stayed the course and still won. If it ain't perfect at least it's kinda fun.

8. I'm running out of steam but we just won a rain game lmao. Someone use a heater to generate more steam.

9. Georgia doesn't have the offense to keep up with a team that is rolling on all cylinders.

10. We're gonna roll on all cylinders cause it's gonna be funny. Sports always trends towards the absurd. Hell we more like to win by double digits than not.

11. Because I want it.

#9. Our O seldom runs on all cylinders for 4 quarters in the same game.

State82
11-06-2022, 01:05 AM
49-3 Georgia
No way we score 3 on those guys. Now, 3 drives into UGA territory? Ehhh, maybe. Possibly.

Tater
11-06-2022, 07:21 AM
I love ya Tater but you're drunk.

lol this shit is comedic. bullet point number 1 was right.

DownwardDawg
11-06-2022, 07:30 AM
We may not score a point unless it's a kickoff return. It's going to be ugly.

R2Dawg
11-06-2022, 08:19 AM

11. Because I want it.

3. We haven't figured anything out. Bama and Aub went into a prevent D on last drive allowing us to move the ball. UK and LSU didn't. We ai't figured nothing out. UGA will skull drag us unless the Covid team shows up that played in Athens a few years ago.

Dawgface
11-06-2022, 09:06 AM
49-3 Georgia

That may be conservative.

HancockCountyDog
11-06-2022, 09:11 AM
It?s definitely a trap game.

If Forbes is healthy and can play on McConkey, maybe they get sloppy.

If the UGA that showed up at Mizzou, shows up here, we have a legit shot.

Catfish
11-06-2022, 09:16 AM

We need Forbes back.

Gypsy_RoadDawg
11-06-2022, 09:19 AM
3. We haven't figured anything out. Bama and Aub went into a prevent D on last drive allowing us to move the ball. UK and LSU didn't. We ai't figured nothing out. UGA will skull drag us unless the Covid team shows up that played in Athens a few years ago.

That COVID team put out one of the best efforts in MSU football history in my opinion.

msugolf
11-06-2022, 09:20 AM

Mizzou has a top 15 ranked defense in the nation and they have speed. We don't have the athletes even if UGA plays their C game. And I doubt they'll be sleepwalking coming in here since they will have just taken over the #1 spot in CFP rankings. I'd look for Bowers to have a field day on that seam route. Auburn had guys running wide open deep last night, just like in Arkansas game, but the qb just couldn't see them cause he wanted to run as soon as he got it. Bennett won't miss those guys.

msudawg1200
11-06-2022, 10:26 AM
That COVID team put out one of the best efforts in MSU football history in my opinion.

That's my favorite loss in State history. It was hard to be pissed after that one.

StarkVegasSteve
11-06-2022, 10:31 AM
Whatever you drank tonight to give you that type of confidence please let us all know. I need this type of blind confidence before I head into every game.

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 10:40 AM
We need Forbes back.

Forbes play offense now?

Offshore Dawg
11-06-2022, 10:53 AM
Tater, dude you are either drunk or full of shit. Anyway it's the thought that counts !!

Catfish
11-06-2022, 11:00 AM
Forbes play offense now?

Really??

Tater
11-06-2022, 11:12 AM
Tater, dude you are either drunk or full of shit. Anyway it's the thought that counts !!

Read the first bullet point. I feel like people are blowing past that

Tater
11-06-2022, 11:16 AM
Whatever you drank tonight to give you that type of confidence please let us all know. I need this type of blind confidence before I head into every game.

Natural Light Blueberry Lemonade. And a lot of it. It's the red white and blueberry edition of their naturdays.

I swear by anything lemonade WITH alcohol in it. I don't know why, but lemonade on its on is bad to me. Lemonade with alcohol... it's like the pH balances perfectly.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 11:19 AM
If we do beat Georgia, the same loser fans who bitch about every win will make up some reason why it's not actually anything to be proud of. Some excuse or exception and it's still #FireLeach in their eyes.

msstate7
11-06-2022, 11:21 AM
If we do beat Georgia, the same loser fans who bitch about every win will make up some reason why it's not actually anything to be proud of. Some excuse or exception and it's still #FireLeach in their eyes.

No one will badmouth a Georgia win

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 11:24 AM
No one will badmouth a Georgia win

Just like no one would badmouth the last time Leach beat a defending national champion (that time on the road with an all new team and COVID preventing much prep) ?

PMDawg
11-06-2022, 11:24 AM
No way we score 3 on those guys. Now, 3 drives into UGA territory? Ehhh, maybe. Possibly.

Garbage points on their 3rd string.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 11:26 AM
That's my favorite loss in State history. It was hard to be pissed after that one.

Good thing Georgia didn't fire Kirby Smart because they won a closer game than they should have, right?

msstate7
11-06-2022, 11:44 AM
Just like no one would badmouth the last time Leach beat a defending national champion (that time on the road with an all new team and COVID preventing much prep) ?

No one badmouthed that win at the time. We were all on cloud 9

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 12:24 PM
No one badmouthed that win at the time. We were all on cloud 9

That's not true. People were downplaying it that afternoon and in the days that followed.

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 12:30 PM
Really??

Still angry at "offense" last night. Spur of moment post. We do need Forbes back asap. Heck he is an offensive type scoring weapon with his ball hawking, pick six abilities. Unfortunately, talk at game last night was he might not be back until OM, if that. Said it was good they caught his injury when they did. Hoping for the best, Hail State!

MaroonFlounder
11-06-2022, 01:49 PM
Here's why we won't

Left Tackle. We don't have one.

Did you see both Nick J. and Doller Bill get abused last night?

Georgia is even better edge rushing

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 03:24 PM
Here's why we won't

They will "Tee Off" from first D play, as their DB/s get physical with our WR's, who will again disappear. It won't matter if WR's have folding chairs on the sideline or not. Better get someone else in that "stacked" QB room ready as Will may get crushed. Hope I am wrong and eat crow for this post.

PikeDawg15
11-06-2022, 03:26 PM
Beat Ole Miss

That is the season and the future of the program will be decided on thanksgiving night.

lastmajordog
11-06-2022, 04:13 PM

John Bond took a team against a great Georgia team and played the H### out of them in a loss. All guts....

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 04:30 PM
John Bond took a team against a great Georgia team and played the H### out of them in a loss. All guts....

He also helped us beat LSU all 4 of his years at QB, started as a Freshman. The wishbone was very exciting at that time and we were loaded most of his years to run it.

DownwardDawg
11-06-2022, 04:39 PM
If we win 2 more games before bowl game, then I'll be ok with giving Leach another year. But I don't see it happening. And it doesn't matter what I think. The new AD is gonna give him next year regardless.

Dawgology
11-06-2022, 06:46 PM
We wont win with Rogers. He will be shitting bricks by the second offensive series. He?s an antigunslinger.

Cooterpoot
11-06-2022, 06:55 PM
We'll roll over and take it up the butt just like we did with AL. GA is a lot better than AL. Doubt we score. Got to hope we keep healthy for OM.

schddog72
11-06-2022, 08:56 PM
Or worse . . .

Tater
11-08-2022, 01:28 PM
It's tuesday and the alcohol has subsided.

Fun post.

Let's look at some stats.

Mississippi State has scored 49, 45, 42, 40, and 39 in its home games this year. Pattern is trending down but based on it, looks like we score 39 against Georgia and 40 against ETSU.

If the defense can hold Georgia to 38 or less then we win. Georgia hasn't been that explosive so I really like our chances.

I will be reviewing no other stats and taking no further questions. Final score prediction State 39 - Georgia 24.

Maverick91
11-08-2022, 01:43 PM
I don’t see Georgias offense being this thing that is far superior than bama and we have them at home. If our offense had half a pulse in Bama we would have held them to around 20. If our offense can generate points I give State a fighters chance.

I trust our D to do their job I dont trust Will.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-08-2022, 01:49 PM
To have a shot at winning this game our QB MUST have the IT factor. Rogers does not.

Jarius
11-08-2022, 01:50 PM
Here's why we won't

Georgia’s Weakness all year until the Tennessee game was getting to the quarterback. They have a tendency to play down to their competition and they almost lost to a really bad Missouri team, along with a really bad g5 team. They will not be up to play us so it will probably be closer than it should be.

msstate7
11-08-2022, 01:50 PM
Tenn and Oregon are the 1-2 total offenses and 2-3 scoring offenses in the country. Between them, they 602 yards (301 avg) and 17 pts. We're 61st in total offense and 40th in scoring offense

TrapGame
11-08-2022, 01:55 PM
We might come out and have a Mizzou moment against Georgia but it will be just a brief moment. Kirby will get them focused and they will crush our souls.

Jarius
11-08-2022, 01:57 PM
Tenn and Oregon are the 1-2 total offenses and 2-3 scoring offenses in the country. Between them, they 602 yards (301 avg) and 17 pts. We're 61st in total offense and 40th in scoring offense

If Georgia is fully engaged it will be worse than that for us, but they gave up 22 to Kent State and Missouri along with 20 to Florida. We fall into that category on their give a shit meter.

StarkVegasSteve
11-08-2022, 05:45 PM
Natural Light Blueberry Lemonade. And a lot of it. It's the red white and blueberry edition of their naturdays.

I swear by anything lemonade WITH alcohol in it. I don't know why, but lemonade on its on is bad to me. Lemonade with alcohol... it's like the pH balances perfectly.

Sounds like Lemonade and Titos will be the drink of choice this weekend then

DownwardDawg
11-08-2022, 06:09 PM
It's tuesday and the alcohol has subsided.

Fun post.

Let's look at some stats.

Mississippi State has scored 49, 45, 42, 40, and 39 in its home games this year. Pattern is trending down but based on it, looks like we score 39 against Georgia and 40 against ETSU.

If the defense can hold Georgia to 38 or less then we win. Georgia hasn't been that explosive so I really like our chances.

I will be reviewing no other stats and taking no further questions. Final score prediction State 39 - Georgia 24.

LMAO!!!! I love your enthusiasm, but we may score 3 or 9. We damn sure ain't scoring 39.

Goldendawg
11-08-2022, 11:54 PM

Are those offensive ratings based on playing only 2 quarters per game?*****

The Federalist Engineer
11-09-2022, 12:36 AM
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/rIwAAOSwmmxW6NVa/s-l500.jpg

Tater
11-09-2022, 08:10 AM
Sounds like Lemonade and Titos will be the drink of choice this weekend then

I've got another Red White and Blueberry 30-Rack on Deck.

Though the Vodka version of the Natty stuff is good too. They have regular lemonade / black cherry lemonade / strawberry lemonade flavors. Solid mixing vodka and cheap. Worth the taste if you've never tried them.

Now I feel like a Natty Light Ad