PDA

View Full Version : As much as a lot of that sucked....

BulldogBear
11-05-2022, 10:47 PM
...I'm happy to see us win a 4 turnover gut check ending game like that!

Joebob
11-05-2022, 10:51 PM
...I'm happy to see us win a 4 turnover gut check ending game like that!

Me too.

Maverick91
11-05-2022, 10:52 PM
Facts! These are games that set character for a team. But will has got to grow up

TNDawg35
11-05-2022, 10:53 PM
Zach Arnette said hold my beer Will. Defense kept us in it even tho they literally stayed on the field the whole 2nd half, ST actually got us to OT, and the O finally stopped sucking the last couple drives.

ZedFedder
11-05-2022, 10:54 PM
8-4 is still a possibility for this team. 7-5 is the floor. I’m not upset.

EdwardDrayton
11-05-2022, 10:54 PM
No joy in that win. At all. Embarrassing.

EdwardDrayton
11-05-2022, 10:56 PM

We’ll beat ETSU. No way we win the other two.

msstate7
11-05-2022, 10:58 PM

The floor and the ceiling are the same... perhaps a hurricane hit the house

memsu06
11-05-2022, 10:59 PM
This team still has some growing up to do, but games like this are what they need to learn to fight. That's what's been missing from MSU teams since forever.

Did you see Leach take all the receiver's chairs down? He wants better from his receivers too. They need to fight and catch balls.

Will needs to calm down, but I liked that run up the middle to setup the final field goal. Just need a few more of those in a game to keep the defense questioning themselves.

MetEdDawg
11-05-2022, 11:01 PM
Play this game 2 weeks ago and we blow them out.

Coaching change this week with an Auburn legend at the helm? Screamed Auburn voodoo, even in Starkville. This was a heart game for them. Total manhood gut check after all that. It's tough to play against that crap.

Auburn gets a lot of credit. They played hard and Cadillac had a ton of energy. That made a difference. But we beat the hell out of a Harsin team a couple weeks ago and I firmly believe that.

memsu06
11-05-2022, 11:04 PM

Coaching change this week with an Auburn legend at the helm? Screamed Auburn voodoo, even in Starkville. This was a heart game for them. Total manhood gut check after all that. It's tough to play against that crap.

Auburn gets a lot of credit. They played hard and Cadillac had a ton of energy. That made a difference. But we beat the hell out of a Harsin team a couple weeks ago and I firmly believe that.

Auburn has shown several moments this season that they can be good. Like LSU this year. Starting off they sucked, but had moments where they were unstoppable. Now look at where they are.

TNDawg35
11-05-2022, 11:10 PM

Did you know Cadillac Williams is their intern coach?*** I didn’t know until ESPN showed him the 69th time…

Dawgology
11-05-2022, 11:19 PM
With a halfway mobile QB that didn?t consistently choke we would be 7-2 at worst right now and maybe 8-1. We HAVE to find a QB.

BeardoMSU
11-05-2022, 11:22 PM
With a halfway mobile QB that didn?t consistently choke we would be 7-2 at worst right now and maybe 8-1. We HAVE to find a QB.

Its mind boggling. Teams are using QB mobility as a MAJOR factor in their offense at LITERALLY EVERY LEVEL, but not here....because, Mike is the smartest, I guess.

Homedawg
11-05-2022, 11:26 PM

I stopped reading after the first sentence we played tonight. Excuses suck. We weren't good. We won. I'm happy w that. But otherwise ...

WhiskeyPirate
11-05-2022, 11:27 PM

Agree with you. leach has to cut bait. He’s got two q bs on the bench who are much better.

TrapGame
11-05-2022, 11:29 PM
Its mind boggling. Teams are using QB mobility as a MAJOR factor in their offense at LITERALLY EVERY LEVEL, but not here....because, Mike is the smartest, I guess.

Exactly.

Every air raid has ground support. And this is what needs to be blatantly told to Leach. Two outstanding RBs w/ a good dual threat QB makes this offense difficult to stop.

starkvegasdawg
11-05-2022, 11:30 PM
Was a video on twitter of Leacj right after he had a "discussion" with the receivers going over to their chairs and folding them all up and throwing them in the ground with two poor assistants picking them up and stacking them somewhere.

dawgday166
11-05-2022, 11:32 PM
Was a video on twitter of Leacj right after he had a "discussion" with the receivers going over to their chairs and folding them all up and throwing them in the ground with two poor assistants picking them up and stacking them somewhere.

That happen tonight? Or sometime in Leach's pre-MSU tenure?

starkvegasdawg
11-05-2022, 11:35 PM

Tonight.

BeardoMSU
11-05-2022, 11:37 PM

Yep. I posted the twitter link in the game thread.

IMissJack
11-05-2022, 11:40 PM
We are not consistent enough to beat good teams. Just not.

EdwardDrayton
11-05-2022, 11:42 PM
We are not consistent enough to beat good teams. Just not.

And not just game to game but also quarter to quarter.

starkvegasdawg
11-05-2022, 11:45 PM
Post game presser quote on the chairs:

?We were a lot more interested in sitting in that chair than being on the football field ? We had everything but playing cards over there,? he said.

EdwardDrayton
11-05-2022, 11:49 PM
Yep. I posted the twitter link in the game thread.

He must have set Will’s chair on fire. ****

BeardoMSU
11-05-2022, 11:50 PM

?We were a lot more interested in sitting in that chair than being on the football field ? We had everything but playing cards over there,? he said.

This is some middle school football shit....

War Machine Dawg
11-05-2022, 11:50 PM
Exactly.

Every air raid has ground support. And this is what needs to be blatantly told to Leach. Two outstanding RBs w/ a good dual threat QB makes this offense difficult to stop.

It's almost like our roster and recruiting footprint is tailor made for a team to run a spread option offense. But that's just crazy talk.

dawgday166
11-05-2022, 11:51 PM

Similar to what I posted earlier. Will and the offense don't even think about football between each offensive series and it shows. And I'm sick of it too. Will ain't no damn true freshman anymore. And he's the leader of this offense ... he should be yanking their ass himself to figure out how to attack the defensive adjustments.

msudawglb
11-05-2022, 11:55 PM
Unfortunately, Ole Miss is going to beat us badly. 7-5 with another Egg bowl loss. I don?t want this to happen but I?m also intelligent enough to acknowledge lopsided matchups.

lastmajordog
11-06-2022, 12:02 AM
del

TrapGame
11-06-2022, 12:06 AM
It's almost like our roster and recruiting footprint is tailor made for a team to run a spread option offense. But that's just crazy talk.

Leach talks about taking what the defense gives you. Well, Leach needs to take what the recruiting around here gives him. Adapt, adjust or die. He's too damn slow and pigheaded.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-06-2022, 12:07 AM
Our fanbase bitches more than any mediocre fanbase on Earth. Not sure if you noticed while you dozed off in your lazy boy but we won. Was it all pretty- No, but no win in the SEC outside of Vandy is easy.

There were 35k there at the end of the game, and like another poster said, we pulled out a huge gut check win. Pumped for the number one team in the country coming to DWS next weekend.

Todd4State
11-06-2022, 01:32 AM
Did you know Cadillac Williams is their intern coach?*** I didn’t know until ESPN showed him the 69th time…

Nice!

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 01:33 AM

Well, our receivers certainly couldn't pick them back up with their short dinosaur arms.******

Todd4State
11-06-2022, 01:38 AM
Exactly.

We need to get Dillion Johnson back 100%. Our struggles began when he got hurt.

Todd4State
11-06-2022, 01:46 AM

Jerry Rice was the greatest wide receiver of all time. Where was he from? And then Freddie Milons and AJ Brown from Starkville. And there is a 2025 kid who is a 5 star from Choctaw County.

If that's not our footprint I don't know what is.

Also we have three four star QB's on the roster or committed and more four stars than ever at WR- Harmon, Dortch, Justin Robinson, Xavion, and Tulu.

So that's not the issue.

msu15
11-06-2022, 03:18 AM

He said even more, and in a vulgar way, during his radio interview with Neil Price. Straight up said, "We had multiple guys that were getting their ass kicked."

msstatelp1
11-06-2022, 07:14 AM
Being happy with "gut check wins" like this is the reason we're no better than we are. "At least we didn't lose" isn't a strategy for success.

R2Dawg
11-06-2022, 08:28 AM
Exactly.

If you change everything in "this" offense then it isn't "this" offense anymore. A mobile QB, spread, or run the ball, use a TE or throw downfield O is not what Leach runs. I agree, we need those things to get a D off balance and give us an advantage but that ain't air raid.

Some of yall keep saying change all this and say it is still air raid. The rest of us are calling for tweaks too and if we don't call it air raid some get mad.

R2Dawg
11-06-2022, 08:31 AM

An embarrassing take for a HC making millions a year.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-06-2022, 08:39 AM
Cohen signed Leach to a new contract in the off-season. Thanks Cohen!

viverlibre
11-06-2022, 10:39 AM
Cohenz playin? the long game

Offshore Dawg
11-06-2022, 10:55 AM
No joy in that win. At all. Embarrassing.

Much better than losing.

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 12:14 PM
Jerry Rice was the greatest wide receiver of all time. Where was he from? And then Freddie Milons and AJ Brown from Starkville. And there is a 2025 kid who is a 5 star from Choctaw County.

If that's not our footprint I don't know what is.

Also we have three four star QB's on the roster or committed and more four stars than ever at WR- Harmon, Dortch, Justin Robinson, Xavion, and Tulu.

So that's not the issue.

Harmon, Dortch, Xavion seldom or don't see the field. Young, but can't immediately learn that backyard, 1 page O perhaps. Robinson playing some. Tulu needs to be heavily in WR rotation and is not for some reason.