PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Pic by Gregg Ellis

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Hate to play Egg Bowl detective, but Gregg Ellis just tweeted out a picture of practice that, aside from the gold helmets, I found quite interesting.

Williams is in Green shirt

I could be seeing this wrong. Do any of you guys see anything or have any observations?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BaCUkXaCEAAiq5O.jpg:large

bully99
11-26-2013, 07:43 PM
Abraham Zapruder wants the video.

Crystal Balls
11-26-2013, 07:45 PM
Did Micheal J Fox take that pic?

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Did Micheal J Fox take that pic?

Good point

Dawg61
11-26-2013, 07:49 PM
We have two #14s on the roster. DW and Zach Jackson a LB. my guess is that's Jackson and the green shirt is the QB. You're seeing this picture from the FS viewpoint. #63 is Dillon Day. The way he's standing over the ball you can tell he's the center. Looks like Williams wearing the green.

Goat Holder
11-26-2013, 07:52 PM
The number 14 in white is Zach Jackson. Damian Williams is the 14 in green, you know, on the OFFENSIVE side of the ball. See Dillon Day, #63? He's facing toward us. Offense is maroon, defense is white. The guy behind the guy in the maroon jacket is likely a DL.

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2013, 08:08 PM
We have two #14s on the roster. DW and Zach Jackson a LB. my guess is that's Jackson and the green shirt is the QB. You're seeing this picture from the FS viewpoint. #63 is Dillon Day. The way he's standing over the ball you can tell he's the center. Looks like Williams wearing the green.

Yup, this is right. I was seeing it wrong. As suspected then, it looks like Williams is the guy for Thursday night.

Can you imagine the shit storm that would've broken loose, had Ellis taken this picture and it was Dak instead of Williams at QB in the picture?

mathistondawg
11-26-2013, 08:22 PM
have they been tweeting pictures of practice alll season? I have followed gregg all year and this is a first. I am starting to wonder

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2013, 08:27 PM
have they been tweeting pictures of practice alll season? I have followed gregg all year and this is a first. I am starting to wonder

No they have not, but this would be way to elaborate of a scheme for our AD department to pull off. If it is found that they indeed cooked up this entire scheme, then I will question why many things happened, since I will now know our athletic department and football staff were smart enough to avoid.

preachermatt83
11-26-2013, 08:27 PM

ask yourself a question... Why would ellis post a blurry practice picture with DW taking snaps.. Yal all call me crazy and I may look stupid thurs night but Im telling ya something is up!!! #DAKSBACK

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2013, 08:29 PM
ask yourself a question... Why would ellis post a blurry practice picture with DW taking snaps.. Yal all call me crazy and I may look stupid thurs night but Im telling ya something is up!!! #DAKSBACK

You really think our football staff and athletic department are smart enough and creative enough to scheme this whole thing up?

preachermatt83
11-26-2013, 08:30 PM
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/17/174577/2385039-hurr_durr_derp_face_something_is_afoot1.jpg

CadaverDawg
11-26-2013, 08:42 PM
You really think our football staff and athletic department are smart enough and creative enough to scheme this whole thing up?

If so...extend his contract

preachermatt83
11-26-2013, 08:44 PM

well remember what dan has said atleast 10 times in the last few days... "This Week is Different"

preachermatt83
11-26-2013, 08:44 PM

seriously why would ellis post this blurry pic?

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2013, 08:45 PM
If so...extend his contract

Not sure about that Cadaver. Because if our staff has conjured this whole scheme up, it will be very apparent that they spent more time this year thinking about how to confuse Ole Miss than they did thinking about how to effectively use our personnel

preachermatt83
11-26-2013, 08:46 PM

go look thru his pics and see 1) How many in practice pics he has posted two days before the game and 2) how many blurry pics he has posted...

preachermatt83
11-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Not sure about that Cadaver. Because if our staff has conjured this whole scheme up, it will be very apparent that they spent more time this year thinking about how to confuse Ole Miss than they did thinking about how to effectively use our personnel

any recruits keeping up with it would love it though.. so would many fans.

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2013, 08:47 PM

IDK, but taking blurry pics and shaky videos with outdated camera equipment seems to happen pretty often in our athletic department.

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2013, 08:49 PM
go look thru his pics and see 1) How many in practice pics he has posted two days before the game and 2) how many blurry pics he has posted...

I really really want to believe you preacher, but it just seems unlikely considering our history of not doing anything like this.

C222
11-26-2013, 08:54 PM
They take pics of practice a lot

Dawg61
11-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Dak is not playing guys. Not sure why you want to mind**** yourself into thinking he is. I'm excited to see what Williams can do as long as Mullen doesn't handicap him by taking away the north/south passing game.

slickdawg
11-26-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm pretty sure Sasquatch is in that photo.

dudehead
11-26-2013, 09:30 PM
Williams is the only QB playing in the EB.

Todd4State
11-26-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm pretty sure Sasquatch is in that photo.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw it.

Belegal
11-26-2013, 09:57 PM
If Mullen wanted to throw OM off and dak is not playing then say we hope he will to make them waste time preparing. I think he plays since we said he isn't- I feel Russell's out but who knows - find out turkey day! Go Dawgs!!!

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2013, 10:01 PM
I don't think Dak is playing, but I find it funny when people come on here and say. "Dak isn't playing" and thus acting like they have this elite inside knowledge that we all know they don't have.

So really they are just guessing like the rest of us and don't know for sure.

preachermatt83
11-26-2013, 10:03 PM
I don't think Dak is playing, but I find it funny when people come on here and say. "Dak isn't playing" and thus acting like they have this elite inside knowledge that we all know they don't have.

BOOM!!!

preachermatt83
11-26-2013, 10:04 PM
If Mullen wanted to throw OM off and dak is not playing then say we hope he will to make them waste time preparing. I think he plays since we said he isn't- I feel Russell's out but who knows - find out turkey day! Go Dawgs!!!

Agreed.

DawgsBite34
11-26-2013, 11:39 PM

GOLD

Todd4State
11-26-2013, 11:47 PM
Well here's the thing. We have two injured QB's. If you have an injured QB or any other player, it makes much more sense to rest them in practice than it does to play them.

So, I don't think there is very much to be gleaned from any practice reports.

It also makes sense to play Damien a lot in practice in the event that he does have to play since the odds of him having to play are increased regardless because even if Tyler and/or Dak play, there is no way they are at full strength.

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2013, 11:50 PM
Tonight, I've heard that Tyler is "likely" to play. Not sure how, but that's the word.

preachermatt83
11-27-2013, 12:02 AM
Tonight, I've heard that Tyler is "likely" to play. Not sure how, but that's the word.

see how conflicting reports keep coming from every direction? at this point I think no one outside of the offensive staff and the 3 qbs know whats going to happen.

DawgsBite34
11-27-2013, 12:02 AM

Not trying to be one of ''those guys'' but I've heard from a former teammate/friend of mine, D-lineman, that Dak is playing. Nobody take my word for it, just telling what I've heard. I feel good with any of the 3 though.

preachermatt83
11-27-2013, 12:04 AM
I feel good with 2 of the 3. I think we are better with Damien than with Russell.

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2013, 12:06 AM
I feel good with 2 of the 3. I think we are better with Damien than with Russell.

I think Damien can certainly help, but Tyler has so much experience and I know we can win this game with him. Tyler played pretty well last week at Arkansas.

I agree, I feel good if we have 2 or the 3, and really good if one of those 2 is Dak

Dawg61
11-27-2013, 12:08 AM

I don't. Not even close

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2013, 12:09 AM
I don't. Not even close

I agree.

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2013, 12:12 AM
Not trying to be one of ''those guys'' but I've heard from a former teammate/friend of mine, D-lineman, that Dak is playing. Nobody take my word for it, just telling what I've heard. I feel good with any of the 3 though.

You said the same thing the other night, so I'm am inclined to believe that your friend actually told you that. Hopefully your friend is feeding you info that's true.

I know it's cold in Starkville, but I do find it interesting that the team has been practicing inside all week. Perhaps hiding something they don't want curious eyes to see?

CadaverDawg
11-27-2013, 12:12 AM
Pretty funny that regardless of who plays, Freeze and Company are having to prepare for 3 QB's in a 3 day practice week. That is a positive in and of itself. Even if Damien is all we have healthy...they haven't been able to spend their practice time focusing on Damien alone. That is a win.

DawgsBite34
11-27-2013, 12:22 AM
You said the same thing the other night, so I'm am inclined to believe that your friend actually told you that. Hopefully your friend is feeding you info that's true.

I know it's cold in Starkville, but I do find it interesting that the team has been practicing inside all week. Perhaps hiding something they don't want curious eyes to see?

There is no way Mullen would bring the team inside to practice just because its a little cold, its gonna be cold Thursday night. That is a very good point shotgun

sandjunky
11-27-2013, 09:17 AM

There is no way Mullen would bring the team inside to practice just because its a little cold, its gonna be cold Thursday night. That is a very good point shotgun

So Mullen doesn't follow the Belichick way for preparing for the elements?

C222
11-27-2013, 09:21 AM
We are not better with Damien. Please just stop with that. it's not even close.

Johnson85
11-27-2013, 09:35 AM
We are not better with Damien. Please just stop with that. it's not even close.

Not even a question. Although I think Damien has looked great for a true freshman against Alabama (where his receivers let him down) and against Arkansas (although I don't remember him doing much spectacular before the OT run), if I had to pick one qb to play the whole game (assuming everybody is healthy), he's third on the list. If Tyler can play, it should help us a lot to be able to throw Damien in for a change of pace, but our chances of winning take a big hit with Tyler out, especially if Dan doesnt' handicap Tyler by pairing him with Perkins at the wrong times.

Jack Lambert
11-27-2013, 09:35 AM

Sometimes when trying to fool a lot of people stupidity goes a long way.

Johnson85
11-27-2013, 09:42 AM
Pretty funny that regardless of who plays, Freeze and Company are having to prepare for 3 QB's in a 3 day practice week. That is a positive in and of itself. Even if Damien is all we have healthy...they haven't been able to spend their practice time focusing on Damien alone. That is a win.

With the amount of game film they have on Williams, is there really any difference between preparing for him and Prescott? I'd probably challenge Williams a little more to beat us passing, and maybe focus more on making him throw over the OL and DL in hopes that his lack of height is a disadvantage, but knowing they have to prepare for Williams, it doesn't seem like there is much more work required to be ready for Dak. As far as UM knows, Williams will be a poor man's Dak running the same offensive plays.

archdog
11-27-2013, 09:44 AM
if freeze does read this board? Somewhere he is printing this out and looking at it surrounded by his coaching staff wondering why the photographer took this image while jogging.

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2013, 10:11 AM
This thread has almost as many views as a Barrett Sallee article. Hope that puts you in your place Barrett

hells bells
11-27-2013, 10:31 AM
This thread has almost as many views as a Barrett Sallee article. Hope that puts you in your place Barrett

I heard that Brackey went back in the records and learned that John Bond and Sleepy each have one half of eligibility left. Bond plays the first half and Sleepy is the closer. My source, a foreign exchange grad student in the computer lab. Shabobara knows all.

smootness
11-27-2013, 10:44 AM

Question, what would be the purpose of making the picture blurry if Damian Williams is lined up at center? If you're trying to throw them off and then secretly play Dak, wouldn't you make the picture clear so that everyone can see that Damian Williams is practicing as the QB?

And that does look like Williams, based on size.

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2013, 11:36 AM
Question, what would be the purpose of making the picture blurry if Damian Williams is lined up at center? If you're trying to throw them off and then secretly play Dak, wouldn't you make the picture clear so that everyone can see that Damian Williams is practicing as the QB?

And that does look like Williams, based on size.

Taking blurry pictures and shaky videos are a tradition at Mississippi State. I seriously doubt this was some conjured up scheme

woozman
11-27-2013, 11:47 AM

This - plus there is not much film on Williams.

HunterDawg
11-27-2013, 12:09 PM
Tyler is fine. We faked the injury. Told him to go out there and get himself sacked and then lay there while they worked on his throwing shoulder. Then he held it in one position on the sidelines for the rest of the game. Pretty tricky.

Sure, it hurt our chances of winning in Little Rock, making us go with Damien in overtime and all, but it worked out OK and now we will really surprise them.

Dak is fine, too. We just faked his injury earlier in the season to give it more credibility. So what if we had lost the Ark game. Just think how surprised they will be and how fired up our fans will be.