PDA

View Full Version : I hope to see our receivers get more physical and use their hands more

yjnkdawg
11-05-2022, 01:02 PM
When you play the better SEC defensive secondaries , they are going to play tight coverage, and hold and push off some, and if they don't get flagged for it then they will do it on basically every play. Our receivers need to get physical and use their hands to try to compensate and compete with those types of players. So far when we have faced defenses like that our receivers seemed to have gotten tentative, lost, or seemed shell shocked and let the DB's dictate what happens and then our passing game suffers big time, or in some instances is almost non-existent. Our receivers need to look at every ball thrown their way as being their ball and it's my ball and you aren't going to get it mentality, and that shouldn't matter whether you are playing Bama, LSU, or whomever.

TrapGame
11-05-2022, 01:54 PM
Which is really disappointing because Leach made it a point during Fall camp to have defenders hold and interfere with the receivers to get them to fight for the ball.

yjnkdawg
11-05-2022, 02:02 PM
Which is really disappointing because Leach made it a point during Fall camp to have defenders hold and interfere with the receivers to get them to fight for the ball.

I know and he was really upset about it after the Bama game. He's been preaching it but you have to accept the preaching for the light to go on..

Goldendawg
11-05-2022, 02:03 PM
When you play the better SEC defensive secondaries , they are going to play tight coverage, and hold and push off some, and if they don't get flagged for it then they will do it on basically every play. Our receivers need to get physical and use their hands to try to compensate and compete with those types of players. So far when we have faced defenses like that our receivers seemed to have gotten tentative, lost, or seemed shell shocked and let the DB's dictate what happens and then our passing game suffers big time, or in some instances is almost non-existent. Our receivers need to look at every ball thrown their way as being their ball and it's my ball and you aren't going to get it mentality, and that shouldn't matter whether you are playing Bama, LSU, or whomever.

Thus, all 3 of our losses to date. If our WR's disappear again today, we lose.

yjnkdawg
11-05-2022, 02:17 PM

Yep, 3 away night games = 3 losses. Not easy places to play especially at night but still. Hopefully our receivers have listened to CML's preaching to them on this.

sorrydog
11-05-2022, 02:45 PM
I've been hoping this all year.
Might as well just buy a lottery ticket

Goldendawg
11-05-2022, 02:46 PM
Yep, 3 away night games = 3 losses. Not easy places to play especially at night but still. Hopefully our receivers have listened to CML's preaching to them on this.

Not just losing on the road, but how bad we looked is unacceptable. Disappear in 2nd half against LSU and KY & another annual no-show against bama. Kentucky and their Coach and QB are very overrated to boot. Other teams win road games on occasion. Look at FL and KY with help today. Saying it is too hard to win on the road is just a lame excuse for often not being ready for us.

Offshore Dawg
11-05-2022, 03:00 PM

That really sucks in the Air raid offense for the receivers to disappear.