PDA

View Full Version : Official Gameday Forecast

starkvegasdawg
11-04-2022, 08:55 AM
Not the best of forecasts, but could definitely be worse. Much worse.

Rain looks to move into the state during the overnight hours tonight and be approaching the Starkville area by 6:00am. I think the heaviest will push through the area by around 9:00am with the lighter, but steady, rain pretty much gone by 1:00. A few light patches of showers / drizzle may move back into the area by kickoff, but look for these to be very light and spotty in nature. Total rainfall totals look to be around an 1" with some areas seeing 2" or so where the heaviest bands move across.

Winds will be very gusty through 11:00am and could approach 30mph during the peak of the event, but once the line passes through look for them to calm down considerably to around 10-15mph during the game so hopefully FG and XP won't be affected too badly.

Temperatures look to be in the upper 60's during tailgating and falling to the low 60's by kickoff and staying there through the game.

So all in all not a bad forecast at least for the game as it should be played in dry, calm weather with the field given a few hours to drain. The early tailgaters will have to contend with heavy rain and their paper plates and napkins getting blown to hell and back so make sure your tents are staked down securely.

CaptainObvious
11-04-2022, 10:04 AM
I would say any help we can get from the swirling winds up to 25 mph could actually HELP our Place Kicking!😳😳

starkvegasdawg
11-05-2022, 06:27 AM
Thinking is unchanged for the most part from yesterday. Rain started here about five minutes ago so I was 19 minutes off on precip onset. I said it should be moved out by 1:00 and I may now push that closer to 2:00.

Storms have weakened considerably from last night in TX and OK. Still a small chance of a very isolated strong to severe storm, but all in all not expecting any more severe weather.