PDA

View Full Version : White Script State Helmets Saturday

BrunswickDawg
11-03-2022, 07:06 PM
https://twitter.com/hailstate/status/1588320317776207872?s=46&t=8l_EhX5jj63BT_geLKV1sQ

White helmets at home? Fire Cohen!?!! Oh, wait.....

Hambone
11-03-2022, 07:14 PM
I mean, Saturday is the white out game, so white helmets make sense.

BulldogBear
11-03-2022, 08:04 PM
I mean, Saturday is the white out game, so white helmets make sense.

Yes.

But I'll still never really like white helmets against a white helmeted opponent.

Similarly, why do a white out against an opponent that wears all white from head to toe?

I really wonder what the thinking is sometimes.

Dawgology
11-03-2022, 08:17 PM
Yes.

But I'll still never really like white helmets against a white helmeted opponent.

Similarly, why do a white out against an opponent that wears all white from head to toe?

I think we have planners in place that actually don?t watch a whole lot of football.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-03-2022, 08:31 PM
Yes.

Especially since we are the team that will be passing the ball more?.

PikeDawg15
11-03-2022, 08:33 PM
Yes.

Auburn is wearing their Navy blue Home Jerseys saturday.

msu15
11-03-2022, 08:44 PM
Especially since we are the team that will be passing the ball more?.

The white helmets didn't seem to hurt when we scored six straight touchdowns on them at their place last year.

Maroonthirteen
11-03-2022, 08:53 PM
Yes.

I never thought of that until Jackie mentioned wearing contrasting helmets in his coaching days. I thought it was an excuse to grease the skids for the white helmets in.... 2001 I think. I thought it was a great idea vs aTm in the snow bowl.

Also I'm not sure if Bear Bryant came up with it first in the 50s or 60s but Ray Perkins had Alabama wear white helmets vs State in 83 and 84.

Anyways.... a little history there. CLEFtate!

schddog72
11-03-2022, 09:15 PM
Yes.

THIS!! And if we lose this game Saturday, the curse of the white helmets will have struck again!! Geez, there must be some sno-cone masochists in the football building!! So, now it's going to be painful enough just to have eyes on the game, if we lose it will be a double nightmare!!

parabrave
11-03-2022, 09:27 PM
I think we have planners in place that actually don?t watch a whole lot of football.

I'm getting Confused I thought we were using this to differentiate between us and the Northern MSU. They have been using the script for a few years now.

parabrave
11-03-2022, 09:28 PM
I never thought of that until Jackie mentioned wearing contrasting helmets in his coaching days. I thought it was an excuse to grease the skids for the white helmets in.... 2001 I think. I thought it was a great idea vs aTm in the snow bowl.

Also I'm not sure if Bear Bryant came up with it first in the 50s or 60s but Ray Perkins had Alabama wear white helmets vs State in 83 and 84.

Anyways.... a little history there. CLEFtate!

Bear had white helmets a few times.

Goldendawg
11-03-2022, 09:37 PM
THIS!! And if we lose this game Saturday, the curse of the white helmets will have struck again!! Geez, there must be some sno-cone masochists in the football building!! So, now it's going to be painful enough just to have eyes on the game, if we lose it will be a double nightmare!!

I assume this whiteout was already planned and in place by the former Cohen administration. Now an unwelcome going away present. I hate white helmets, period! Why in the world would you, a passing offense, wear the same color headgear as your opponent especially in your home game? Does AU even have any dark colored helmets? I hope the new AD gets rid of white helmets except if needed for road games,

parabrave
11-03-2022, 09:38 PM
I assume this whiteout was already planned and in place by the former Cohen administration. Now an unwelcome going away present. I hate white helmets, period! Why in the world would you, a passing offense, wear the same color headgear as your opponent especially in your home game? Does AU even have any dark colored helmets?

Does aubbie and Bama ever change their unis??

Matt3467
11-03-2022, 09:43 PM
If helmet color helps our passing then I'm all for full hazard orange helmets.

Goldendawg
11-03-2022, 09:45 PM

No and that's why they don't recruit well.** Kids like the weird uni's as often as you can think of a new occasion to let adidas design another ugly set!**** Who cares about tradition and people knowing who you are when they turn on the tv?

parabrave
11-03-2022, 09:46 PM
No and that's why they don't recruit well.** Kids like the weird uni's as often as you can think of a new occasion to let adiddas design another ugly set!**** Who cares about tradition and people knowing who you are when they turn on the tv?

Dam right****

Goldendawg
11-03-2022, 09:50 PM

Helmet color not the issue for WR's. Need to rent a medieval rack and stretch their short, dinosaur arms, hopefully by tomorrow.*** Hail State!

Maroonthirteen
11-03-2022, 09:50 PM

Obviously Alabama hasn't. Now that you mention it, I can't remember Auburn having any alternate either. Auburn chances up the face mask color, but that's it.

However Alabamas script A would look way better than those stencil numbers.

BulldogBear
11-03-2022, 10:06 PM
Obviously Alabama hasn't. Now that you mention it, I can't remember Auburn having any alternate either. Auburn chances up the face mask color, but that's it.

However Alabamas script A would look way better than those stencil numbers.

Auburn wore orange jerseys against us in 1979 I think. Maybe 1977? I've seen a picture. You can google.it.

Maverick91
11-03-2022, 10:31 PM

Rep

BulldogBear
11-03-2022, 11:12 PM

Skydawg1
11-03-2022, 11:13 PM
We're going to lose.

parabrave
11-04-2022, 12:53 AM

Speaking of great unis!!!

Lord McBuckethead
11-04-2022, 01:27 AM
It is almost if each of our WRs actively try not to be the best in the league. Seriously, slow routes, drops, and almost never break a tackle.

Can we not tell our fastest wide receiver to just go deep sometimes?

Maroonthirteen
11-04-2022, 05:34 AM
Auburn wore orange jerseys against us in 1979 I think. Maybe 1977? I've seen a picture. You can google.it.

You're right. Interesting story on those orange jerseys.

https://youtu.be/yOxn9QCQZ-0

Then Pat Dye came along and said burn them. Auburn hasn't worn alternate jerseys since.

Maroonthirteen
11-04-2022, 05:42 AM
I think our WR are doing the best they can athletically. We have played enough games to know, we don't have the speed to outrun and jump SEC DBs but we do vs non-sec opponents.

As has been said by Coach Norm, the opponent knows what's coming with this offense. We aren't doing anything to confuse secondaries or isolate our best athletes 1v1. It's just same ole routes and same ole reads result in same ole passes.

With that said, I watched a good bit of the OM v Auburn game. Auburns secondary is horrible. They busted more than a few assignments v OM. I hope they are as confused this Saturday.

BrunswickDawg
11-04-2022, 07:25 AM

After further review, Auburn player is ejected for Targeting - crown of the helmet to the QB head. 15 yard penalty and automatic 1st down. Now someone get Haddix back in gear so we can win this game.

FISHDAWG
11-04-2022, 08:16 AM
OK ... call me a little superstitious but isn't that what we wore against Kentucky ? .... I have certain MSU shirts that I refuse to wear on game day just because of us playing terrible when i would wear them ... and yes I tried it more than just a game or two. Finally gave up and accepted the unintended Voo-Doo I was throwing against the team and never wore them again .... now, back to these white scripted helmets .............

BulldogBear
11-04-2022, 09:09 AM
Speaking of great unis!!!

Yes, great unis....and a run game! Michael Haddix!

Jack Lambert
11-04-2022, 09:19 AM
Is next week military appreciation week?

Dawgology
11-04-2022, 08:54 PM

If we lose the game Saturday, regardless of what anyone on here things, I can guarantee you that Leachs job will be in jeopardy. Period. I guarantee it.

Goldendawg
11-04-2022, 10:26 PM
It is almost if each of our WRs actively try not to be the best in the league. Seriously, slow routes, drops, and almost never break a tackle.

Can we not tell our fastest wide receiver to just go deep sometimes?

When I read here that we had the best WR room we had in years, it never dawned on me it was being compared to a very low bar. We still need help and still not drawing enough solid 4 stars. Look at the 23 commit list to date. As for solidly ranked QB room, we will soon see, "No play. No stay", in today's portal world. BTW: I still hate white helmets especially if the other team is wearing them. Makes no sense when trying to find receivers down field.