PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Carousel 2022

PikeDawg15
11-03-2022, 02:22 PM
Got a feeling this off season will be interesting once again.

Jobs that could come open that arent already

Texas A&M
Notre Dame
Oklahoma

Then Others could follow

Santiago
11-03-2022, 02:24 PM

Texas A&M
Notre Dame
Oklahoma

Then Others could follow

ND will give the new coach plenty of slack. They are stacking up a good recruiting class, so that will give him at least 3 years. They have Lloyd Carr's grandson committed as QB and he may reclassify to get in earlier.

msstate7
11-03-2022, 02:26 PM
I don't think any of them will be open this year. I think all 3 could be next season

Coach34
11-03-2022, 02:28 PM

Texas A&M
Notre Dame
Oklahoma

Then Others could follow

None of those will be open

Commercecomet24
11-03-2022, 02:31 PM
Texas AM is the only one with even a possibility of being open.

Johnson85
11-03-2022, 02:32 PM
None of those will be open

I don't think Oklahoma or ND have a realistic chance of being open, but if A&M finishes 5-7, I think they may bite the bullet. Hard to fathom paying Jimbo that much not to coach, but I don't see them admitting it's too much money to fire him, and I don't know what story they will tell themselves to justify keeping him. While recruiting rankings have been going up, they were already a top 10 recruiter and would have missed a bowl with what should be top 10 talent.

parabrave
11-03-2022, 02:32 PM
None of these will be open.

parabrave
11-03-2022, 02:34 PM
I don't think Oklahoma or ND have a realistic chance of being open, but if A&M finishes 5-7, I think they may bite the bullet. Hard to fathom paying Jimbo that much not to coach, but I don't see them admitting it's too much money to fire him, and I don't know what story they will tell themselves to justify keeping him. While recruiting rankings have been going up, they were already a top 10 recruiter and would have missed a bowl with what should be top 10 talent.

They will be telling Jimbo to get new coordinators and/or game day managers.

TrapGame
11-03-2022, 02:43 PM
Jimbo gets one more year. He's been told to get a play caller. If A&M stumbles around again next year he's 100% gone.

basedog
11-03-2022, 02:49 PM
I think Ole Dixie might be on the top of this list. Don't be surprised, at least I want, way too much money passed around with a better guarantee than what any school in the State of Mississippi can give with a 4-year contract only.

Leroy Jenkins
11-03-2022, 03:15 PM

Texas A&M
Notre Dame
Oklahoma

Then Others could follow

Every one of these guys are safe this year unless someone finds a trunk full of dead hookers. Too soon to fire OU and ND, and Jumbo is fireable but his contract is too big for now.

Johnson85
11-03-2022, 03:23 PM
Jimbo gets one more year. He's been told to get a play caller. If A&M stumbles around again next year he's 100% gone.

Thta makes sense. Would much rather try that before biting the bullet on $80M or whatever it is now.

Goldendawg
11-03-2022, 03:31 PM

Texas A&M
Notre Dame
Oklahoma

Then Others could follow

The OK fan I spoke to blamed much of their problems on Riley taking many good players to USCw. Think Venables gets a year or two, especially with move to SEC coming. JMO.

PGHBulldogBG
11-03-2022, 03:31 PM
I don’t think we will see many power 5 jobs open this year. Jimbo is the only one on the hot seat in the SEC. Outside the SEC I could see West Virginia or Cal opening up depending on how they finish the season. I don’t really know what other team could lose their coach unless Ferentz or Fitzgerald retire.

TrapGame
11-03-2022, 03:33 PM
Thta makes sense. Would much rather try that before biting the bullet on $80M or whatever it is now.

BTW, I heard this particular take on SEC Radio from a Aggie writer. They are looking at the talent Jimbo has and they are giving him the "young" year excuse. But he's got to get a reliable play caller in for next year.

PGHBulldogBG
11-03-2022, 05:12 PM
Jimbo will get 1 more year but he will need to win 9 games next year otherwise I do not see them keeping him.

Todd4State
11-03-2022, 05:36 PM
It's plausible that Ole Miss, Auburn, Texas A&M, and Kentucky have new coaches next year.

Santiago
11-03-2022, 06:35 PM
It's plausible that Ole Miss, Auburn, Texas A&M, and Kentucky have new coaches next year.

Stoops - to Nebraska or elsewhere?

Todd4State
11-03-2022, 06:39 PM
Stoops - to Nebraska or elsewhere?

I just saw something that said he wanted to leave Kentucky on Twitter

WhiskeyPirate
11-03-2022, 06:44 PM
Auburn and ole miss will be open for sure

Nebraska

Jimbo gets another year unless they drug test him, then they can get out of the buyout