PDA

View Full Version : OOB: Ross Dellenger Mea Culpa

TrapGame
11-02-2022, 09:48 AM
Anybody catch the Dellenger interview on OOB this morning? It seems Ross had to revise his article after Charlie Winfield emailed him some figures regarding our NIL money. So, he took Cohen's statement at face value and did not do his journalistic due diligence to fact check that comment. He also took it on face value that Auburn has a $12 million NIL war chest. They don't. It turns out about half of that $12mil is pledged money not actual cash on hand.

yjnkdawg
11-02-2022, 09:55 AM
I think Sports journalists are pretty much a thing of the past now. I think sports reporters would be a more accurate term.

phatdog
11-02-2022, 10:01 AM
So how much do we have?

msudawglb
11-02-2022, 10:03 AM
$12.31

(twelve dollars and 31 cents)

BrunswickDawg
11-02-2022, 10:04 AM
Anybody catch the Dellenger interview on OOB this morning? It seems Ross had to revise his article after Charlie Winfield emailed him some figures regarding our NIL money. So, he took Cohen's statement at face value and did not do his journalistic due diligence to fact check that comment. He also took it on face value that Auburn has a $12 million NIL war chest. They don't. It turns out about half of that $12mil is pledged money not actual cash on hand.

Sounds like Ross let his relationship as an MSU alum get in the way of doing his job. Why would an "MSU guy" like Cohen, who he's known for years, mislead another "MSU guy"?? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you!!****

TrapGame
11-02-2022, 10:07 AM
So how much do we have?

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000505659360-7lpl8z-t500x500.jpg

Commercecomet24
11-02-2022, 10:09 AM
We have work to do on our nil program and can do better. That being said, I know several of our football players and their nil deals and it's not to shabby. 2 of them we actually outbid other sec programs to get them. We may not be bama level nil, lol, but lets just say these kids can afford the newest iphone and such!

Santiago
11-02-2022, 10:49 AM
Our Bulldog Initiative membership is trending toward 700 today. I think it was something around 300 this past Monday morning.
Incredible and we can hit 1,000 this week before that Auburn kickoff if we keep getting the word out.

TNDawg35
11-02-2022, 12:08 PM
Our Bulldog Initiative membership is trending toward 700 today. I think it was something around 300 this past Monday morning.
Incredible and we can hit 1,000 this week before that Auburn kickoff if we keep getting the word out.

If I win the TN power all which sets at like 1B, I’ll make sure we have more than anyone in the SEC.

Then I’m going to Bulldog Burger Co. you know where the cool kids meet, that’s MEAT…***

SilentSteel16
11-02-2022, 12:15 PM
https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000505659360-7lpl8z-t500x500.jpg

That is awesome !!

Maroonthirteen
11-02-2022, 01:07 PM
I caught it. Bo didn't press him on anything. Bo just keeps repeating the same one or two liners that he does every show. Blah blah, Kiffen pushes nil. Leach doesn't. Blah blah blah money ball. Sports business. "I didn't even go to the game....at the bar drinking...". Anyways...

I'd like to know how much Bo gives. Is he doing his part? No idea.

Maroonthirteen
11-02-2022, 01:24 PM
One more thing, I find it interesting that Bo and others msu media types are so apologetic for Cohen and have pretty much given Cohen a pass on NIL.

WhiskeyPirate
11-02-2022, 01:32 PM
Here’s the narrative, Cohen gets a pass(he failed to do his job duties), It’s all Leach’s fault(head coaches don’t coordinate nil fund raising)

Loads and loads of horse shit by the usual suspects

Santiago
11-02-2022, 01:33 PM
Those ole miss radio sponsors have Bo on a tight leash. He really will not venture into the reports that Lane is the primary target for Auburn. If he mentions it he then goes through the list of other candidates.

WhiskeyPirate
11-02-2022, 01:46 PM
Those ole miss radio sponsors have Bo on a tight leash. He really will not venture into the reports that Lane is the primary target for Auburn. If he mentions it he then goes through the list of other candidates.

So what is rosebud and little robbies angle ? They are hell bent on covering for a guy that now works for Auburn. I can only surmise the Auburn ADs former underlings that still work at State are their only access and give them lunch buffets for pressers.

Well, pretty short sighted because the new AD is probably going to clean house, they are burning bridges by trashing the program and the current coach. The clown car is about to be hauled to the scrap yard. Idiots.

Not to mention they have lost all credibility to a large portion of the fan base who is paying attention.

TrapGame
11-02-2022, 01:51 PM
One more thing, I find it interesting that Bo and others msu media types are so apologetic for Cohen and have pretty much given Cohen a pass on NIL.

The "It's not his fault." bullshit is bordering the absurd. Cohen wasn't NIL friendly at State but somehow has morphed into an NIL loving guru in less than 24 hours as Auburn's new AD.

Commercecomet24
11-02-2022, 01:53 PM
The "It's not his fault." bullshit is bordering the absurd. Cohen wasn't NIL friendly at State but somehow has morphed into an NIL loving guru in less than 24 hours as Auburn's new AD.

He was the one responsible for the whole athetlic program. NIL is hugely important now and if he didn't see that and didn't empasize or realize its importance, then he failed. He's the one in charge, so yes, it's his fault.

TrapGame
11-02-2022, 01:53 PM

Bo gets blasted on Twitter and text by the Powder Blue Mafia if he starts talking about Kiffin being AU's primary target for HC. He jokes about it then stops talking about it. Slick by half, Jack.

TrapGame
11-02-2022, 02:01 PM
He was the one responsible for the whole athetlic program. NIL is hugely important now and if he didn't see that and didn't empasize or realize its importance, then he failed. He's the one in charge, so yes, it's his fault.

There are reliable posters on this board that have stated Cohen couldn't pick out the five top boosters in a room of ten people. He'd never met them face to face.

If that's true then that's totally unacceptable for an AD.

BrunswickDawg
11-02-2022, 02:52 PM
There are reliable posters on this board that have stated Cohen couldn't pick out the five top boosters in a room of ten people. He'd never met them face to face.

Just for comparison as to how it should run -
I've got a close friend who is a big UGA Bulldog Club donor. His annual donation is high enough he has box seats for football. He's also Magill Society donor for UGA - that's $25k and up just for athletic facilities.
The AD, Associate AD's, and a handful of the football ast. coaches, and heads of their NIL are all on a first name basis with him and his wife - and I'm sure they aren't even considered "big" donors.

I spent part of my career working in the non-profit world and you learn REAL quickly that when donors are your lifeblood you had to always be selling. It could be low key - but you never knew who you were talking to, and you never knew what might catch their interest and lead to a donation. And when you KNEW you were in the room with the money, you had to be on your A game. Some people aren't built for it, and some are incredible at it. I never liked it, or truly got comfortable with it - but I was good at it and got a whole lot of projects funded by being knowledgeable, polite, and engaging.

RezDog7
11-02-2022, 03:04 PM

The morning show on 105.9 in Jackson has turned into the Clarion Ledger of talk radio. Claiming to be a big MSU supporter but shits on MSU every chance he gets while propping up OM. Do yourself a favor and never listen to that garbage or sleep on a ****ing purple mattress. Icomfort is way better anyway.

TrapGame
11-02-2022, 03:18 PM
The morning show on 105.9 in Jackson has turned into the Clarion Ledger of talk radio. Claiming to be a big MSU supporter but shits on MSU every chance he gets while propping up OM. Do yourself a favor and never listen to that garbage or sleep on a ****ing purple mattress. Icomfort is way better anyway.

Bo sold his soul for the Y'all Lifestyle. I listen just to catch what the narrative is supposed to be for the week.

RezDog7
11-02-2022, 03:31 PM
Bo sold his soul for the Y'all Lifestyle. I listen just to catch what the narrative is supposed to be for the week.

I used to listen but hate starting my morning off in a bad mood. That guy is such a prick and his little minion is even worse. Much rather listen to dead air.

DawgFan85
11-02-2022, 05:32 PM
I stopped listening to that prick a while back. He and his sidekick talking about stuff not even related to sports is tiring. Bo trying to make you think he eats steak, smokes a fat cigar and drinks bourbon each night living the Ya'll lifestyle makes me want to vomit on my purple mattress. And that commercial for Miskelly Furniture, damn he's got a face definitely made for radio!

Rawdawg
11-02-2022, 06:36 PM

This is not true at all.

Pancho
11-03-2022, 07:31 AM
Then why was Cohen so ready to split? Whom did he piss off that badly and why?

WhiskeyPirate
11-03-2022, 12:59 PM
Then why was Cohen so ready to split? Whom did he piss off that badly and why?

Uh, it?s kind of like if you have a big project at work but you are really texting and playing Xbox all day for months then the boss comes in and says , let?s see the results. Cohen was probably about to get booted to the curb and he got a lifeline as a figurehead.

Our recruiting is pretty good considering Leach and staff have had zero support from the AD and nil. If we somehow get some nil money, gee whiz now all of a sudden our recruiters suddenly got good.

What?s hilarious and pathetic is the BS being peddled by rosebud and his lapdog ?staff?.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-03-2022, 03:58 PM
Has Bo had Todd Mardis in studio again lately so that Bo could act rich and talk about how to manage his wealth? Todd is the guy Bo idolizes even though Todd almost killed his wife recently in a savage beating (broken ankle, broken checkbone, lacerated kidney, etc.)

Santiago
11-03-2022, 05:29 PM
Someone help me understand Bo has continued all week to say the majority of MSU fans were happy with Cohen.
He keeps saying it to insist it is maybe 30% that did not like Cohen but overall he was popular.