PDA

View Full Version : Baseball recruiting class of 24

Homedawg
11-02-2022, 07:59 AM
One service came out w their top 50 for the class of 24. We have 5 of the top 50
4- morlando
18-Nari
32-Frankel
37- Cason
43-Allen
K Griffin is #1. We are in top 5.
While I know we won't get all 5. Might lose all 5, but we are recruiting elite guys. And plenty more ranked in the top 250. Remember these rankings change, and this is just HS players, not where they would go in the draft. As I said in and earlier thread, can't keep 'em if you don't sign em.

Commercecomet24
11-02-2022, 08:44 AM
Great post! I really love how the staff is recruiting and going after these elite guys.

StarkVegasSteve
11-02-2022, 08:51 AM
This type of class is why NIL is so vital. If you could keep 2-3 of those 5 then you can start stacking ELITE talent on campus in ways we never were able to do previously.

ZedFedder
11-02-2022, 10:04 AM
Not to mention we have two of the top ten in 2025, including the #1 overall prospect.

biscuit
11-02-2022, 10:48 AM
When will the roster for this season be posted? The Hailstate website still has last years posted.

SilentSteel16
11-02-2022, 11:07 AM
Griffen is ‘25. He is a sophomore this year

HoopsDawg
11-02-2022, 11:20 AM
Griffen is ?25. He is a sophomore this year

No he's not. He's a 24. He's a junior at Prep.

SilentSteel16
11-02-2022, 11:36 AM
Griffen is taking extra classes and is trying to reclassify as a junior but he is still technically a sophomore. I am sure he will have the summer to fully classify as a junior but he is a sophomore right now.

SilentSteel16
11-02-2022, 11:37 AM
He will not be at State regardless of 24 or 25.

Cooterpoot
11-02-2022, 11:39 AM
Griffen is taking extra classes and is trying to reclassify as a junior but he is still technically a sophomore. I am sure he will have the summer to fully classify as a junior but he is a sophomore right now.

He's already re-classified by all the services. And you're right, he won't be at State or anywhere else other than MLB.

HoopsDawg
11-02-2022, 11:45 AM

At least 1 out of your 3 posts in this thread is accurate

SilentSteel16
11-02-2022, 12:03 PM
You are correct o mighty one. Everything you say is gospel. Do you even write in red ink?

Homedawg
11-02-2022, 01:09 PM

Ok. Well he won't be at prep in 25 either. So there's that.

Homedawg
11-02-2022, 01:10 PM
When will the roster for this season be posted? The Hailstate website still has last years posted.

I don't think it will be posted until the spring bc we have to get rid of some to get to the correct roster number.

Pancho
11-02-2022, 02:46 PM
I hear McClain Ray will leave and go to ICC in Fulton. Is this acurate?

AlSwearengen
11-02-2022, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the info Homedawg. Do you have any insight on philosophy as far as so many out of state players? I notice in the ‘23 class, it looks about 50/50. Maybe we are committing as many of the elite players from around the country that we can and then working on the instate players that we think fit? I’m not complaining in any way. I have wanted to recruit nationally for years and it has finally started to happen.

Homedawg
11-02-2022, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the info Homedawg. Do you have any insight on philosophy as far as so many out of state players? I notice in the ‘23 class, it looks about 50/50. Maybe we are committing as many of the elite players from around the country that we can and then working on the instate players that we think fit? I’m not complaining in any way. I have wanted to recruit nationally for years and it has finally started to happen.

We aren't dodging in state. Look at the 25 class, we already have 3 committed.... just depends on the strength of the class really. But going out of state and even out of region is easier now too w our past 5 year run, last year not withstanding.

Homedawg
11-02-2022, 04:33 PM
I hear McClain Ray will leave and go to ICC in Fulton. Is this acurate?

Haven't heard that, but it wouldn't shock me.

HoopsDawg
11-02-2022, 08:31 PM
We aren't dodging in state. Look at the 25 class, we already have 3 committed.... just depends on the strength of the class really. But going out of state and even out of region is easier now too w our past 5 year run, last year not withstanding.

Actually there are 4 in-state commitments in '25 class

The 24 class is absolutely stacked

Todd4State
11-02-2022, 10:58 PM
Ok. Well he won't be at prep in 25 either. So there's that.

This cracked me up.

Todd4State
11-02-2022, 11:00 PM

Our philosophy is to take the best in state players and then build around them with out of state players to fill in gaps.

Todd4State
11-02-2022, 11:03 PM
One service came out w their top 50 for the class of 24. We have 5 of the top 50
4- morlando
18-Nari
32-Frankel
37- Cason
43-Allen
K Griffin is #1. We are in top 5.
While I know we won't get all 5. Might lose all 5, but we are recruiting elite guys. And plenty more ranked in the top 250. Remember these rankings change, and this is just HS players, not where they would go in the draft. As I said in and earlier thread, can't keep 'em if you don't sign em.

My only thing is one is a pitcher- and really a dual position guy in Frankel.

You are correct though- and I think with NIL, probable scholarship changes that will benefit SEC baseball, and etc we should be in very good shape for the future.

I do wonder if Morlando will be a catcher or a corner INF/OF guy though?

Homedawg
11-03-2022, 08:05 AM
My only thing is one is a pitcher- and really a dual position guy in Frankel.

You are correct though- and I think with NIL, probable scholarship changes that will benefit SEC baseball, and etc we should be in very good shape for the future.

I do wonder if Morlando will be a catcher or a corner INF/OF guy though?

Everything I've heard he's a corner outfielder.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-03-2022, 11:29 AM
We have a local 6 ft 7 9th grader that is already throwing 87 that Ole Miss is probably going to get. He pitched a few weeks ago in a Florida Showcase for Ole Miss, MSU and others. He just switched to EBC so MSU has a chance.

Pancho
11-03-2022, 12:05 PM
Best athlete there since John Stroud back in the 70's. Why the switch to EBC? no more PBR for him?

Leeshouldveflanked
11-16-2022, 04:54 PM
Best athlete there since John Stroud back in the 70's. Why the switch to EBC? no more PBR for him?
EBC has the SEC connections. Quick update- he has an offer as a two way player from MSU. Ole Miss is interested but hasn?t offered yet. Has also received interest from Texas, Arkansas and Alabama. He will be a Class of 26.

Pancho
11-16-2022, 05:32 PM
His family will fall out if he is offered anything by ole miss and doesn't take it. They are all rebel/bear/sharks. Are these offers baseball only?

Leeshouldveflanked
11-16-2022, 06:08 PM
His family will fall out if he is offered anything by ole miss and doesn't take it. They are all rebel/bear/sharks. Are these offers baseball only?

They were very very impressed by the staff and facilities at MSU. You are correct that he comes from an Ole Miss family and only 20 mins from Oxford, but sometimes kids want to get away from home to go to college. But he is only a ninth grader. A 6 foot 7 ninth grader tho.

Pancho
11-16-2022, 06:22 PM
I went to college with his dad. Does he have any basketball interest yet?

HoopsDawg
11-16-2022, 06:36 PM
They were very very impressed by the staff and facilities at MSU. You are correct that he comes from an Ole Miss family and only 20 mins from Oxford, but sometimes kids want to get away from home to go to college. But he is only a ninth grader. A 6 foot 7 ninth grader tho.

Right now MSU's facilities are better. But I think Ole Miss is building a new baseball training facility past RF. Ole Miss is a little more diligent in their early offers than MSU and a lot of other schools.

Pancho
11-16-2022, 06:52 PM
Due to Bianco's florida connection?

Leeshouldveflanked
11-16-2022, 08:23 PM
I went to college with his dad. Does he have any basketball interest yet?
Not any 4 year basketball interest that I know of. He hasnt really done any of the AAU basketball stuff just baseball. What really got him all of the SEC attention was pitching in a Perfect Game exposure in Florida last month.
He pitched 5 innings with 14 Strikeouts hitting 87 on the gun. Plus EBC has really been getting the word out compared to his previous organization.
One thing to keep in mind about Bianco, he may not be too far from retiring in a few years.