PDA

View Full Version : It's a win win situation, from a financial perspective, for Kiffin if he goes to

yjnkdawg
11-01-2022, 11:51 PM
Auburn or stays at OM, because Sexton is going make sure Kiffin gets a big pay day, from this, with a new contract from either school . Kiffin is probably Sexton's client with the most clout or value currently to improve both of their financial situations very substantially. So wherever Kiffin winds up, that school and it's Boosters are going to have to pay him a lot of money.

PikeDawg15
11-02-2022, 06:33 AM
10 million per year bare minimum

I think it?s going to be above that because Nebraska , auburn , ole miss , and there?s a small chance of Texas A&M getting in on the bidding war

DownwardDawg
11-02-2022, 06:42 AM
He's staying at ole miss or going to Nebraska. He owes all this success to Saban. He's not going to auburn unless Saban gives him and sexton his blessing.

PikeDawg15
11-02-2022, 06:49 AM
He's staying at ole miss or going to Nebraska. He owes all this success to Saban. He's not going to auburn unless Saban gives him and sexton his blessing.

Lane isn?t going to turn down 120 million from the school of the deaf and blind

He?s leaving ole miss for a couple reasons

The most important is money , Lane has openly stated he doesn?t like Mississippi Law that only gives 4 year contracts to state employees , so if ole miss offered Lane a 10 million dollar contract , it could only total to be 40 million guranteed and at Nebraska and auburn , he could get it up to 100 million

Also Auburn is a place you can win a national title with and they are about to reveal their new 100 million dollar new football facility they just built.

DownwardDawg
11-02-2022, 07:08 AM
Lane isn?t going to turn down 120 million from the school of the deaf and blind

He?s leaving ole miss for a couple reasons

The most important is money , Lane has openly stated he doesn?t like Mississippi Law that only gives 4 year contracts to state employees , so if ole miss offered Lane a 10 million dollar contract , it could only total to be 40 million guranteed and at Nebraska and auburn , he could get it up to 100 million

Also Auburn is a place you can win a national title with and they are about to reveal their new 100 million dollar new football facility they just built.

Nebraska is about to make him say no.
ETA.... I'm sure auburn will put on the full press if they can't get Freeze.

Hambone
11-02-2022, 07:10 AM
Joey Freshwater has no use for all of that corn.

Honestly I think he’s staying put. Little Joey Freshwater is about to be born if he hasn’t already been born.

thf24
11-02-2022, 08:07 AM

Eh, even if there wasn't evidence to the contrary, Kiffin doesn't strike me as the sentimental type that would extend any love to a former employer. If anything I think he'd be hesitant to have to go play Saban under high expectations every year.

PGHBulldogBG
11-02-2022, 08:12 AM
I can’t believe we haven’t heard Mullen to Auburn. A lot of WVU fans up my way say there is some talks he might go to WVU if Brown gets canned. I really thought Brown was going to do a great job at WVU. I was way off on that one.

PikeDawg15
11-02-2022, 08:42 AM
I can’t believe we haven’t heard Mullen to Auburn. A lot of WVU fans up my way say there is some talks he might go to WVU if Brown gets canned. I really thought Brown was going to do a great job at WVU. I was way off on that one.

Mullen will fail anywhere that actually has expectations

8 wins and beat your rival more than they beat you

The Mullen way, and I?ll take it for 7 million per year.

DownwardDawg
11-02-2022, 08:56 AM

You nailed that one.

Homedawg
11-02-2022, 09:02 AM

A- he's not going to Nebraska.
B- it won't take saban's blessing to go to auburn. That's comical

CaptainObvious
11-02-2022, 09:04 AM
Nebraska is about to make him say no.
ETA.... I'm sure auburn will put on the full press if they can't get Freeze.

Where has Kiffin coached so far? Tennessee, Southern Cal, Florida Atlantic, Ole Miss. All warm weather schools. Nebraska? Not so much.

yjnkdawg
11-02-2022, 09:48 AM
There are several things that Kiffin is not happy with at OM, and the only thing that Auburn can't provide is the big city life (which OM can't either). I can't see where Nebraska would even be in the conversation, or on his and/or Sexton's radar. What would be the benefit and what would he have to gain by going to Nebraska?

Commercecomet24
11-02-2022, 09:59 AM
Where has Kiffin coached so far? Tennessee, Southern Cal, Florida Atlantic, Ole Miss. All warm weather schools. Nebraska? Not so much.

Yeah, he's not going to get far from his big, freaking mansion in south florida. If anything he wants to get closer. He's a warm weather coach, heck I would be too! I hate the cold!

msu15
11-02-2022, 04:54 PM
There are several things that Kiffin is not happy with at OM, and the only thing that Auburn can't provide is the big city life (which OM can't either). I can't see where Nebraska would even be in the conversation, or on his and/or Sexton's radar. What would be the benefit and what would he have to gain by going to Nebraska?

It's purely because that's where he was born. I agree with you though.

lastmajordog
11-02-2022, 08:28 PM
i just don’t see him leaving the warmth of oxford unending cougars.....being serious

PikeDawg15
11-02-2022, 08:40 PM
i just don’t see him leaving the warmth of oxford unending cougars.....being serious

He can hire Clesi Crochet back to auburn

PikeDawg15
11-02-2022, 08:42 PM
I?ve seen some Media talking heads saying that Mark Stoops is looking to get out of Kentucky

LC Dawg
11-02-2022, 10:02 PM
It's all about the money. An Ole Miss "friend" approached me today and asked me why Cohen went to Auburn. I said because of money. He said it seemed a lateral move. I responded that it wasn't lateral in money. He smirked a little so I informed him that Lane Kiffin may stay at Ole Miss but it will be because of money. Lane Kiffin did not move from Boca ****ing Raton to Oxford, MS for anything but money. If he could make $7.5M at Florida Atlantic he would be there.
Nick Saban has a clause in his contract that stipulates he makes the most money. In the end it's all about the money!

Todd4State
11-02-2022, 10:53 PM
I?ve seen some Media talking heads saying that Mark Stoops is looking to get out of Kentucky

Why?

Todd4State
11-02-2022, 10:54 PM

I heard Saban and Kiffin don't exactly have a lot of love lost for each other.

bulldawg28
11-03-2022, 01:37 AM
Kiffin endorsed Deion for the Auburn job. I've never seen a coach do that before then turn around and go to that school. I think he's happy at Ole Miss.

thf24
11-03-2022, 08:43 AM

Bit of a tangent here, but Mullen benefited tremendously from playing some absolutely abysmal OM teams. He was 2-4 against them when they finished 6-6 or better. His outlook on coaching somewhere where the rival is consistently decent is not so bright.

Johnson85
11-03-2022, 09:20 AM

I think Nebraska would definitely be on the radar. If they offer him $10M a year with an 8 year guarantee, they are going to listen and they are going to tell Ole Miss and any other interested parties what the deal is and where they need to be.

Now, would Kiffin actually go to Nebraska? I would think not unless it really was a godfather offer. I'm just not sure Nebraska is willing to step out there with a Jimbo type offer (which is what I think it would take), especially seeing how that's working for A&M.