PDA

View Full Version : SVD and weather guys

BuckyIsAB****
11-01-2022, 06:34 PM
Weather for Saturday in Stark? Thanks for all yall do

starkvegasdawg
11-01-2022, 06:59 PM
Still a little early to mail down specifics, but rain looks to be in the area starting midday give or take and lasting into at least the start of the game. Right now only have two halfway decent models going out that far. Once we get to within 60 hours the NAM3K will come into play and within 48 the HRRR comes online and that is about all I look at then. I'll check the others just to see if there's a consensus or if it's an outlier, but I still weight the HRRR the most. For me, it's verified way more often than it's busted.

BuckyIsAB****
11-02-2022, 07:26 AM
Still a little early to mail down specifics, but rain looks to be in the area starting midday give or take and lasting into at least the start of the game. Right now only have two halfway decent models going out that far. Once we get to within 60 hours the NAM3K will come into play and within 48 the HRRR comes online and that is about all I look at then. I'll check the others just to see if there's a consensus or if it's an outlier, but I still weight the HRRR the most. For me, it's verified way more often than it's busted.

Thanks man

Harrydawg
11-02-2022, 02:11 PM
Thanks for posting

starkvegasdawg
11-02-2022, 06:27 PM
While still a little early I will say it looks like things are trending towards a very wet tailgate with things hopefully moving out by kick. Official forecast is for up to 2" of rain Saturday.

Harrydawg
11-02-2022, 09:28 PM
Vickers at Southern Traditions has already sent a heads up. Not looking good

Commercecomet24
11-02-2022, 09:31 PM
While still a little early I will say it looks like things are trending towards a very wet tailgate with things hopefully moving out by kick. Official forecast is for up to 2" of rain Saturday.

What's severe weather look like for the gameday and for us folks here in south Mississippi? Thanks again!

starkvegasdawg
11-02-2022, 09:53 PM
What's severe weather look like for the gameday and for us folks here in south Mississippi? Thanks again!

As of now the severe threat is looking minimal statewide. Maybe an isolated strong to severe storm in western parts of the state, but this storm looks like it'll shoot it's wad, severe wise, Friday over east TX/OK and west AR. The main low will start to track off to the NE and when it does that it'll take all of the forcing and best dynamics with it.

parabrave
11-02-2022, 09:55 PM

CC your area and along 84 looks to be in for a soaking.

Commercecomet24
11-02-2022, 10:24 PM
Thanks SVD and para! Always appreciates your info! Invaluable!

LC Dawg
11-02-2022, 10:28 PM
I'm really looking forward to tailgating and the game this weekend.
If any of you weather guys can do anything to push this weather out until next week I'm willing to divert some of my NIL money to you.

starkvegasdawg
11-02-2022, 10:40 PM
I'm really looking forward to tailgating and the game this weekend.
If any of you weather guys can do anything to push this weather out until next week I'm willing to divert some of my NIL money to you.

If I could I would...believe me. I'm hoping to at least have a dry most of the game.

starkvegasdawg
11-02-2022, 11:03 PM
The evening model runs are starting to coke in. The gfs shows the overwhelming bulk of the rain falling between 10:00am and 1:00pm with only light drizzle afterwards. The euro has been trending similarly but maybe going to about 4:00pm. However, the NAM is trending much slower and not really moving the rain in until around 4:00, but this seems to be an outlier. Indications are starting to appear to this system moving in and out faster than initially thought. Very good news if true. By tomorrow afternoon the HRRR will be within range and can get a much better idea of timing.

Dawg_Lover
11-03-2022, 07:57 PM
Hey SVD. Given parts of Tx & La are expecting severe weather tonight and tomorrow, wondering what your take is on the weekend weather for MS?
Thanks!

starkvegasdawg
11-03-2022, 08:47 PM
Hey SVD. Given parts of Tx & La are expecting severe weather tonight and tomorrow, wondering what your take is on the weekend weather for MS?
Thanks!

Right now the severe threat is extremely low for the vast majority of the state Saturday. The only exception is the far western delta region where a few isolated strong to severe storms may develop. Right now it is looking like most of the rain should be out of the state by noon give or take so a dry second half of tailgating and game.

Commercecomet24
11-03-2022, 09:01 PM
Right now the severe threat is extremely low for the vast majority of the state Saturday. The only exception is the far western delta region where a few isolated strong to severe storms may develop. Right now it is looking like most of the rain should be out of the state by noon give or take so a dry second half of tailgating and game.

That's good news! Thanks!

Dawg_Lover
11-03-2022, 09:03 PM
Thanks so much 😃

Maroonthirteen
11-03-2022, 09:06 PM
Man, someone needs to get the word out on the weather. That the game will be dry. There are a bunch of tickets up for sale now.