PDA

View Full Version : College FB Playoff rankings

RocketDawg
11-01-2022, 06:31 PM
Kinda surprised that Tennessee came in at #1.

msstate7
11-01-2022, 06:32 PM
It'll be short lived... Georgia gonna roll em

RocketDawg
11-01-2022, 06:37 PM

Is this the first time ever that Alabama's not been in the top 4? No idea - but it seems that way.

PikeDawg15
11-01-2022, 06:43 PM
The committee giving Alabama #10 LSU this week on the road and #10 ole miss on the road next week

Gonna be #1 before no time

EdwardDrayton
11-01-2022, 06:45 PM

Agree. AND committee should have made TN earn it this weekend before putting them #1. Almost seems the committee’s foremost mission is to incite rather than reflect.

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 06:46 PM
Here’s the rub, are they going to let the sec have three teams ? Because tenn, Georgia, Ohio state and Alabama are the four best teams in my opinion. Clemson isn’t much better than a weak Syracuse team and Michigan is pretty good but not as good as the top four.

The drop off from the top 4-5 teams is off a cliff. Those 7-15 teams are not in the same class.

yjnkdawg
11-01-2022, 08:14 PM
TN beating Bama must be really big in the committee's thinking. Only way to explain them being No.1 . I don't see TN being there after this weekend. IMO

mparkerfd20
11-01-2022, 08:17 PM
Mark my words TN will beat UGA pretty easily. You heard it here first.

Coach34
11-01-2022, 09:18 PM
Kinda surprised that Tennessee came in at #1.

Why? They have the best resume so far. The committee has done a great job of rewarding teams for their wins- aka us as #1 in 2014.

Tenn/Jawja gonna be a war Saturday. Tenn is too good on O for Jawja to "roll". Take Tenn plus the 8. I'll be putting some on the ML also

bulldawg28
11-01-2022, 09:36 PM

Wrong, Georgia is in trouble. They play the same defense as Alabama. They're about to get torched.

PikeDawg15
11-01-2022, 09:38 PM
Tennessee will win the national title this year.

Mark it down

That is unless hendon hooker gets hurt.

Tennessee beats Georgia by 10

Stetson ain?t keeping up and they don?t have last years defense and they just lost their best starter for the season

PikeDawg15
11-01-2022, 09:39 PM
Here’s the rub, are they going to let the sec have three teams ? Because tenn, Georgia, Ohio state and Alabama are the four best teams in my opinion. Clemson isn’t much better than a weak Syracuse team and Michigan is pretty good but not as good as the top four.

The drop off from the top 4-5 teams is off a cliff. Those 7-15 teams are not in the same class.

Michigan is better than Ohio State

Only problem is that the game is at ohio state this year.

On a neutral site I would take Michigan

TUSK
11-01-2022, 09:40 PM
https://www.meme-arsenal.com/memes/c90c33102deb0c16ed410fc92a994e91.jpg

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 09:44 PM
Michigan is better than Ohio State

Only problem is that the game is at ohio state this year.

On a neutral site I would take Michigan

I don’t think so. I actually like harbaugh and Michigan better but I think Ohio,state is just too much for them. Common opponent Iowa. I think buckeyes roll them. I’d rather see Michigan win.

I also think like in years past, Ohio state can hang with the sec teams better. I don’t think Clemson could beat us at home. In fact, looking at how unimpressive 7-15 teams are, I don’t see any I think would beat us at home. Not to say we are that great but there’s just a huge drop off after the top five.

Homedawg
11-01-2022, 09:45 PM

Again, you said before you thought Ut would win by 17. I'll take uga getting ten. How much?

PikeDawg15
11-01-2022, 09:48 PM
I don’t think so. I actually like harbaugh and Michigan better but I think Ohio,state is just too much for them. Common opponent Iowa. I think buckeyes roll them. I’d rather see Michigan win.

I also think like in years past, Ohio state can hang with the sec teams better. I don’t think Clemson could beat us at home. In fact, looking at how unimpressive 7-15 teams are, I don’t see any I think would beat us at home. Not to say we are that great but there’s just a huge drop off after the top five.

Clemson is bad this year. The entire ACC is bad this year.

As you know I don?t think we are any good but having watched Clemson this season

If you have Clemson our schedule they are a 7-5 team most likely like us.

Dabo is getting left behind due to the transfer portal. He needs a quarterback because he doesn?t have one. Trevor lawrence and Deshaun watson aren?t there anymore

Homedawg
11-01-2022, 09:48 PM
Tennessee will win the national title this year.

Mark it down

That is unless hendon hooker gets hurt.

Tennessee beats Georgia by 10

Stetson ain?t keeping up and they don?t have last years defense and they just lost their best starter for the season
Ut vs the field??? They have uga bama and two playoff games left. I'll take the field they could not make the playoff depending on how things shake out. Lose to uga. Uga loses to bama. Uga in over UT due to head to head.

Homedawg
11-01-2022, 09:49 PM
Clemson is bad this year. The entire ACC is bad this year.

As you know I don?t think we are any good but having watched Clemson this season

If you have Clemson our schedule they are a 7-5 team most likely like us.

Dabo is getting left behind due to the transfer portal. He needs a quarterback because he doesn?t have one. Trevor lawrence and Deshaun watson aren?t there anymore

Clemson isn't good. True

dawgday166
11-01-2022, 09:51 PM

They shouldn't. Ga D way better than TNs, Os are close, and it's at Ga. However, I agree with you ... I'm a thinking they want Bama/TN rematch in SEC Title game.

Need some new SEC blood in there. Bama/GA getting old. Plus, then Bama can boat race TN in rematch on way to CFP Title game.

dawgday166
11-01-2022, 09:53 PM
Wrong, Georgia is in trouble. They play the same defense as Alabama. They're about to get torched.

Same D but better coach and personnel.

msstate7
11-01-2022, 09:57 PM
Tenn does have a great offense, #1 in country. You know who else has a great offense? Georgia, #2 in country.

Defensive rankings nationally...
Georgia 4th
Tenn 83rd

Georgia is at home.

Georgia by 2 tds

dawgday166
11-01-2022, 10:00 PM

I pondered this 2 weeks ago. I'm reluctant to gamble on the 3 team scenario unless as a way to justify expansion. I figure new blood needed in CFP so Bama and TN are SEC reps. My bet is they meet 3 times this year.

dawgday166
11-01-2022, 10:00 PM
Tenn does have a great offense, #1 in country. You know who else has a great offense? Georgia, #2 in country.

Georgia 4th
Tenn 83rd

Georgia is at home.

Georgia by 2 tds

Yep.

ETA: That's the power of the "objective" CFP Selection Committee.

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 10:04 PM
I pondered this 2 weeks ago. I'm reluctant to gamble on the 3 team scenario unless as a way to justify expansion. I figure new blood needed in CFP so Bama and TN are SEC reps. My bet is they meet 3 times this year.

If they somehow put Clemson in, that would just further my dislike for the system. Clemson will be lucky to get by Notre Dame and South Carolina. They do need to expand the playoffs.

dawgday166
11-01-2022, 10:11 PM
If they somehow put Clemson in, that would just further my dislike for the system. Clemson will be lucky to get by Notre Dame and South Carolina. They do need to expand the playoffs.

Regardless of what happens this weekend, Ga should be in playoffs. Not betting on them right now tho. I honestly think GA & TN should be in CFP ... but Bama will win SEC Title game.

Lord McBuckethead
11-02-2022, 12:00 AM
If only games were played on paper. Tenn has looked better all season. The eye test says Tenn by 10.

bulldawg28
11-02-2022, 06:08 AM
Same D but better coach and personnel.

I disagree. Saban is better and his defense had more returning starters and backups.

msstate7
11-02-2022, 06:42 AM
I disagree. Saban is better and his defense had more returning starters and backups.

2018 is the last time Alabama's defense finished better than Georgia

sleepy dawg
11-02-2022, 08:23 AM
Agree. AND committee should have made TN earn it this weekend before putting them #1. Almost seems the committee?s foremost mission is to incite rather than reflect.

Tennessee absolutely deserves #1 because they have earned it. If Georgia is number 1, they need to earn by beating Tennessee. Tennessee already beat Bama, not to mention whipped LSUs ass in Baton Rouge.

It seems you're reflecting on previous years instead of this year.

WhiskeyPirate
11-02-2022, 08:39 AM
I think Tennessee is getting set up for a fall here. Georgia will cover, agree.

dawgday166
11-02-2022, 09:16 AM

Defensively ... Saban hasn't had a defense like under Kirby since a couple of years after Kirby left. But Ga has.

lastmajordog
11-02-2022, 04:59 PM
del

DownwardDawg
11-02-2022, 05:39 PM
Tennessee absolutely deserves #1 because they have earned it. If Georgia is number 1, they need to earn by beating Tennessee. Tennessee already beat Bama, not to mention whipped LSUs ass in Baton Rouge.

It seems you're reflecting on previous years instead of this year.

I agree with this post. Tennessee beat Bama and destroyed LSU in Baton Rouge. Georgia almost lost to Missouri for Gods sake. They looked extremely average in a couple other games also. Tennessee has looked like the number 1 team by far.

Now with all that said, when Georgia is playing like they played against Florida, they are plum scary. They got some big dudes that will put a hurt on you. If I was forced to bet on this game, I would have to put my money on Georgia. But if Georgia doesn't play their best, they may get beat soundly. Tennessee can score early and often.

Again, looking at the resumes for this year, I think Tennessee is the obvious #1 at this point. Very well may change after Saturday.

Homedawg
11-02-2022, 06:06 PM
I agree with this post. Tennessee beat Bama and destroyed LSU in Baton Rouge. Georgia almost lost to Missouri for Gods sake. They looked extremely average in a couple other games also. Tennessee has looked like the number 1 team by far.

Now with all that said, when Georgia is playing like they played against Florida, they are plum scary. They got some big dudes that will put a hurt on you. If I was forced to bet on this game, I would have to put my money on Georgia. But if Georgia doesn't play their best, they may get beat soundly. Tennessee can score early and often.

Again, looking at the resumes for this year, I think Tennessee is the obvious #1 at this point. Very well may change after Saturday.

Ageee, at this point t ut has best resume.

dawgday166
11-02-2022, 07:01 PM

Agree that TN has better resume. But it seems like I heard somewhere that ... LSU sucked ****

DownwardDawg
11-02-2022, 07:08 PM
Agree that TN has better resume. But it seems like I heard somewhere that ... LSU sucked ****

Lol. Yep!!

lastmajordog
11-02-2022, 07:34 PM
so......Good Lord forbid......Lane beats Satan.......

msstate7
11-05-2022, 05:32 PM
Why? They have the best resume so far. The committee has done a great job of rewarding teams for their wins- aka us as #1 in 2014.

Tenn/Jawja gonna be a war Saturday. Tenn is too good on O for Jawja to "roll". Take Tenn plus the 8. I'll be putting some on the ML also

Is this "rolling them" or not?

dawgday166
11-05-2022, 05:34 PM

Need 2 Sunday Morning QBs tomorrow. One for us, one for TN. Time to fire Heupel. ***

EdwardDrayton
11-05-2022, 05:39 PM

Have to give you credit 7. You?ve showed great restraint not bumping this one before now. I?ve been waiting for it. LOL!!

msstate7
11-05-2022, 05:41 PM
Have to give you credit 7. You’ve showed great restraint not bumping this one before now. LOL!!

I thought it was obvious as hell who was gonna win. I can't believe so many here actually thought Tenn had a chance

DownwardDawg
11-05-2022, 05:42 PM
I still say TN should have been number 1 last week based on resume. Just like I say now that UGA should be number 1 next week. Both were pretty much no brainers. People try to overthink this stuff.

msstate7
11-05-2022, 05:44 PM
I still say TN should have been number 1 last week based on resume. Just like I say now that UGA should be number 1 next week. Both were pretty much no brainers. People try to overthink this stuff.

I had no prob with Tenn being #1. I knew it was a joke, but the resume was better.

DownwardDawg
11-05-2022, 05:45 PM
I thought it was obvious as hell who was gonna win. I can't believe so many here actually thought Tenn had a chance

Hooker completely missed 3 TD passes that he normally never misses. He left 21 points out there today. UGA would have still won the game but it would have been about like most of the entire country expected.

DownwardDawg
11-05-2022, 05:45 PM
I had no prob with Tenn being #1. I knew it was a joke, but the resume was better.

I agree 100%. I expected it to flip this week.

EdwardDrayton
11-05-2022, 05:46 PM

With all due respect Down, you can still say it, buuuuut …….

msstate7
11-05-2022, 05:48 PM
Hooker completely missed 3 TD passes that he normally never misses. He left 21 points out there today. UGA would have still won the game but it would have been about like most of the entire country expected.

They've sacked him what 7 times? Intercepted one of those deep shots. Tenn has 265 yards. Qbs Miss when they getting their head knocked off

EdwardDrayton
11-05-2022, 05:50 PM
They've sacked him what 7 times? Intercepted one of those deep shots. Tenn has 265 yards. Qbs Miss when they getting their head knocked off

Let’s factor in the Georgia defensive penalties and their fumble. This game has been a skull drag.

dawgday166
11-05-2022, 05:50 PM

I hope Leach don't let Will watch this game film ****

msstate7
11-05-2022, 05:52 PM

Might be a good game to let Sawyer play. Keep will healthy for OM

Kinda playing, kinda not

dawgday166
11-05-2022, 05:55 PM
Might be a good game to let Sawyer play. Keep will healthy for OM

Kinda playing, kinda not

I hear ya. Hooker been pounded on today.

msstate7
11-05-2022, 05:57 PM
Tenn gonna get a back door cover and ruin me haha

EdwardDrayton
11-05-2022, 05:58 PM

That game should carry an R rating for excessive carnage.

msstate7
11-05-2022, 06:00 PM

Georgia 4th
Tenn 83rd

Georgia is at home.

Georgia by 2 tds

^^^

EdwardDrayton
11-05-2022, 06:04 PM
^^^

Well, the first sentence is shaky but you finished strong! LOL!!

WhiskeyPirate
11-05-2022, 06:13 PM
When you look at an mobility, Stetson Bennett is really all you need for our offense. He’s no Michael Vick, but he’s light years ahead of what we have. to a lesser degree, you could say the same about arm strength.