PDA

View Full Version : NIL - Approach State fans with the Cohen quote about not being able to raise $1M

cheewgumm
11-01-2022, 03:56 PM
That will fire up the base and make them act.

The iron is hot right now.

Catfish
11-01-2022, 04:01 PM
That will fire up the base and make them act.

The iron is hot right now.

??????

PikeDawg15
11-01-2022, 04:11 PM
??????

Its in another thread, Cohen told Auburn and the Auburn media reported that he left Mississippi State for Auburn because State could not get good NIL donations and are under 1 million dollars in NIL whereas auburn has over 13 million in NIL

Catfish
11-01-2022, 04:13 PM
Its in another thread, Cohen told Auburn and the Auburn media reported that he left Mississippi State for Auburn because State could not get good NIL donations and are under 1 million dollars in NIL whereas auburn has over 13 million in NIL

Thanks

Commercecomet24
11-01-2022, 04:30 PM
Sounds to me like that's the ADs fault. You're basically selling State athletics and whoever's not selling it is at fault(Cohen). I been in sales and marketing for 30 years and one of the first lessons I learned from a veteran salesman was this: "if you're not producing you can blame the customers, the market, whatever you want but the only one who ain't eating is you!". In other words it's your responsibility to put money in the til. That was cohens job

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-01-2022, 04:34 PM
If it wasn't for this website I wouldn't even know about MSU's NIL. I can assume others are in the same boat. So yeah, Cohen was not doing his job at all.

BulldogBear
11-01-2022, 07:09 PM
If it wasn't for this website I wouldn't even know about MSU's NIL. I can assume others are in the same boat. So yeah, Cohen was not doing his job at all.

This. Plus one.

grinnindawg
11-01-2022, 07:16 PM
Noticed my wife(an accountant) watching the Bulldog Initiative commercial at the last game. I asked if she knew what that was for. She did not.

Our marketing of the NIL has not been very impressive.

Jack Lambert
11-01-2022, 07:16 PM
Sounds to me like that's the ADs fault. You're basically selling State athletics and whoever's not selling it is at fault(Cohen). I been in sales and marketing for 30 years and one of the first lessons I learned from a veteran salesman was this: "if you're not producing you can blame the customers, the market, whatever you want but the only one who ain't eating is you!". In other words it's your responsibility to put money in the til. That was cohens job

Two years from now when Auburn's is less than 13 million they will understand.

Catfish
11-01-2022, 07:23 PM
Noticed my wife(an accountant) watching the Bulldog Initiative commercial at the last game. I asked if she knew what that was for. She did not.

Our marketing of the NIL has not been very impressive.

The best idea I've heard so far was by, Anonymous.. He said we need an app. What a simple but effective way for people to contribute. This needs to be looked at.

Westdawg
11-01-2022, 08:02 PM

This?.times 1,000,000 !!! The #1 reason is the near absolute lack of promoting and marketing it. I?ve been sitting at a HS soccer match tonight and everybody has talked about how bad it was approached from leadership?.basically, ?we?ve hired a firm/company to handle the NIL money and we?ve done our part so give money or else it?s your fault?. Not one guy tonight was upset about his departure. Most have become annoyed at the lack or deteriorating amenities at games (food/drink costs, terrible service, terrible game day approach on campus for almost events, lack of planning/organizing/promoting athletic events or fundraising). Several of them are decent givers?.not millions, but enough to know if they didn?t?not one phone call or email or nothing when they didn?t renew tix for most of them, and the ones that did, it was basically an ?oh well, you are gonna wish you had? convo from the athletic dept caller

yjnkdawg
11-01-2022, 08:34 PM

BIngo! So if Kiffin takes the Auburn job, he ain't gonna be happy with the way Cohen doesn't like to get involved in NIL and marketing and promoting it . I think Cohen thought (or thinks) that was (is) somebody else's responsibility.

Catfish
11-01-2022, 08:46 PM
BIngo! So if Kiffin takes the Auburn job, he ain't gonna be happy with the way Cohen doesn't like to get involved in NIL and marketing and promoting it . I think Cohen thought (or thinks) that was (is) somebody else's responsibility.

It probably is at Auburn.

MaroonFlounder
11-01-2022, 09:02 PM
Two years from now when Auburn's is less than 13 million they will understand.

Less than 13 million, but still several million ahead of ours, unfortunately

BeardoMSU
11-01-2022, 09:06 PM

This^

Thick
11-01-2022, 09:55 PM
AU has 13m in their NIL and that?s with a bad football program. Add Kiffin and a much better product/wins/losses at Jordan-Hare, Cohen be damned! That NIL is going grow, and he can?t prevent it. He?s easily replaceable vs another buyout.

Goldendawg
11-01-2022, 10:20 PM

Can AU use any of this $13 mil to apply toward the $21 mil they owe their last two fired coaches?

yjnkdawg
11-02-2022, 12:06 AM
Can AU use any of this $13 mil to apply toward the $21 mil they owe their last two fired coaches?

JMO but I don't see how they legally could. When money was donated and designated to be used for the NIL Program, I think if they used it for any other purpose that would be illegal and looking at prosecution and/or potential lawsuits. If I donated money to the NIL Program and found out it was being used for purposes other than for NIL, I would be very upset. I think the Big Money Boosters have to bite the bullet on paying the fired coaches.