PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Oliver Show Re: Auburn's Next Coach

TrapGame
11-01-2022, 01:48 PM
On Chuck Oliver around the noon hour he had Jay Ferguson from the Auburn Observer. They talked Cohen and NIL for a while. Then Chuck asked what were the rumblings he's hearing about the next coach. Jay said it's Lane Kiffin by a mile. He said that Auburn will put on a full court press for Kiffin and make him say no several times before moving on to the #2 guy.

Hambone
11-01-2022, 01:51 PM
If Auburn gets him, look at them having to pay at least $11 million a year.

Price of doing business but good lord.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2022, 01:52 PM
Auburn people are almost insane as om folks. They'll be willing to pay or do whatever it takes to get who they want.

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 01:53 PM
Absolutely. Probably named the coach after the bowl game. People saying Kiffin is going to wait to take over for Saban at Alabama are wrong. he’s going to take over at Auburn and try to pass Alabama once Saban retires, which could easily happen. Auburn has all the resources to win big in this nil era.

Ole miss is an intermediate job, not in the same league.

PikeDawg15
11-01-2022, 01:55 PM
Absolutely. Probably named the coach after the bowl game. People saying Kiffin is going to wait to take over for Saban at Alabama are wrong. he’s going to take over at Auburn and try to pass Alabama once Saban retires, which could easily happen. Auburn has all the resources to win big in this nil era.

Saban will pick his replacement at Alabama

No way in hell its Kiffin

The next Alabama football coach is Dabo Swinney.

It just is, Its a great hire

Commercecomet24
11-01-2022, 01:56 PM

Honestly I don't know why anyone would want to be the next guy to follow saban at alabama. You'll always be living in his shadow and unless you repeat what he's done, you won't last long. First time you lose 2 games in a season you'll be in a world of hurt.

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 01:57 PM
Saban is 71 and looking a little crusty. He won’t coach too much longer.

TheLostDawg
11-01-2022, 02:01 PM
Saban is 71 and looking a little crusty. He won’t coach too much longer.

Yeah with nil, he isn't getting all the top5* anymore. Unless there is a cap, he's days are a lot more limited. They'll always be at the top as Alabama invests so much and has top systems in place but the year after year titles are done.

TrapGame
11-01-2022, 02:03 PM
I would love to spend Thanksgiving week with the OM message boards in meltdown b/c the hot rumor is Kiffin is headed to The Plains.

Coursesuper
11-01-2022, 02:09 PM
I'm going to try to corner the market on Pine Box's next week. Looks like there might be a run on them soon.

dawgday166
11-01-2022, 02:12 PM
I'm betting Kiffin goes to AU. He don't care about having a rivalry with Leach or MSU. I'm betting he would much prefer a head-to-head rivalry against Lil Nicky.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-01-2022, 02:31 PM
If Auburn gets him, look at them having to pay at least $11 million a year.

Price of doing business but good lord.

I'm not advocating paying Kiffin, or anybody else, $11 million. I think they are all overpaid, especially with guaranteed contracts that still pay you after you are fired for doing a sh*tty job (but that's a discussion for another thread). However, who would you rather have as your coach?

1) the wrong coach for $4 million annually
2) the right coach for $11 million annually

If you can get the right guy, it's almost always worth the money (ticket sales, wins, exposure, etc.)

PGHBulldogBG
11-01-2022, 02:34 PM
I think coach Prime at Auburn would be extremely entertaining. Especially with the supporting cast he may surround himself with. I would prefer Lane to Nebraska and Prime to Auburn.

Lord McBuckethead
11-01-2022, 02:37 PM
I think contracts should be honored. If you sign a guy to a 120 million dollar contract for 10 years.... and you choose to go another route, well pay them the remainder. I have no idea why it is so difficult.

Lord McBuckethead
11-01-2022, 02:38 PM
I think coach Prime at Auburn would be extremely entertaining. Especially with the supporting cast he may surround himself with. I would prefer Lane to Nebraska and Prime to Auburn.

No way Lane would go to Nebraska. That is a step down from Ole Miss or any other team in the SEC outside of Vandy or Missouri.

bulldawg28
11-01-2022, 02:38 PM

Prime may end up at Ole Miss if Kiffin leaves.

parabrave
11-01-2022, 02:53 PM
Honestly I don't know why anyone would want to be the next guy to follow saban at alabama. You'll always be living in his shadow and unless you repeat what he's done, you won't last long. First time you lose 2 games in a season you'll be in a world of hurt.

Just ask Ray Perkins.

Pinto
11-01-2022, 03:35 PM
I remember dodging whiskey bottles one thanksgiving while chanting auburn in vaught stadium.

msu15
11-01-2022, 03:46 PM

Dabo won't be the next coach at Alabama unless he changes his philosophy about recruiting and the transfer portal.

LC Dawg
11-01-2022, 04:00 PM
You know Jimmy Sexton is working this already. How high does everyone think Ole Miss will go to keep Lane?

TrapGame
11-01-2022, 04:11 PM
You know Jimmy Sexton is working this already. How high does everyone think Ole Miss will go to keep Lane?

Auburn can get him more talent. That's going to be the selling point. Lane has publicly bitched about OM dragging their feet on NIL.

If Auburn can guarantee him a talent pipeline flush with NIL money and a nice raise for himself he's gone gone.

PikeDawg15
11-01-2022, 04:13 PM
Auburn can get him more talent. That's going to be the selling point. Lane has publicly bitched about OM dragging their feet on NIL.

If Auburn can guarantee him a talent pipeline flush with NIL money and a nice raise for himself he's gone gone.

Well OM is shitting their pants right now

They recently launched their NIL site which is Grove Collective and since the Auburn news came out, they have had over 1 thousand people sign up and the website crashed under the pressure.

Leroy Jenkins
11-01-2022, 04:32 PM
Kiffen to AU, then Deion to OM. I'd call it a push.

lastmajordog
11-01-2022, 04:47 PM
I’ve read on here comments about how crazy AU fans are, but think about losing to om 3 or 4 times in a row......Craycray might raise it’s ugly head very quickly in Starkville (not vegas). As to how far will om go to keep Lane......

Tater
11-01-2022, 04:51 PM
All smoke points towards Grimes (Baylor OC) as Auburn's next coach. At least what I'm hearing from Texsa circles

DownwardDawg
11-01-2022, 04:56 PM
Kiffen to AU, then Deion to OM. I'd call it a push.

I don't see any SEC school hiring Prime. Let's see how he does when his team doesn't have way more talent than the other teams he's coaching against. Not a shot at him, always been a big fan. But he hasn't proven anything yet.

Leroy Jenkins
11-01-2022, 05:40 PM
I don't see any SEC school hiring Prime. Let's see how he does when his team doesn't have way more talent than the other teams he's coaching against. Not a shot at him, always been a big fan. But he hasn't proven anything yet.

He doesn't have to be a good coach. He just needs enough money to hire good assistants and recruit. The media love him and he can work the room and be the CEO type. Ed Orgeron.

Homedawg
11-01-2022, 05:41 PM
All smoke points towards Grimes (Baylor OC) as Auburn's next coach. At least what I'm hearing from Texsa circles

He might end up being the coach. But not before they go down swinging at much bigger names.

viverlibre
11-01-2022, 05:42 PM

This would be great. The people who would invade Oxford on game day would be epic. People twerking all over Oxford, the Square, Grove, campus and stadium would be great. Many grayhairs will have a stroke.

Personally I think Prime holds out for a bigger job (FSU type job).

Prime has a ton of business dealings and I wonder how much time he stays in Jxn and how involved he is in the game plan?

Hambone
Ole Miss will have Lane making over 10 Million per season after this year

Santiago

I cannot see Prime walking the Grove with the band playing Dixie with Love.
They do not match.

Santiago
11-01-2022, 05:44 PM

agree, and many people are missing that Prime hired this season an OC recommended by Leach. A Wazzou young guy with Air Raid experience.

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 05:45 PM
Auburn boosters are making this hire not Cohen, no way they settle for Grimes.

I’d be really surprised if Kiffin isn’t coaching at Auburn next year.

TrapGame
11-01-2022, 05:53 PM
An AU insider guest on Finebaum said it's Kiffin or Freeze. One of them will be the next head coach at Auburn.

BeardoMSU
11-01-2022, 05:57 PM
They do not match.

Indeed.

Tripp McNeely
11-01-2022, 06:03 PM
They do not match.

Exactly...ZERO chance Prime takes that job!

BeardoMSU
11-01-2022, 06:05 PM
Exactly...ZERO chance Prime takes that job!

It would be especially odd to go to OM, of all places, after preaching the importance of HBCUs....talk about a Judas move that would be.

TALL DAWG
11-01-2022, 06:08 PM
If anyone thinks UM will ever hire a black head football coach, u need a mental evaluation.

DownwardDawg
11-01-2022, 06:12 PM
If anyone thinks UM will ever hire a black head football coach, u need a mental evaluation.

This

DownwardDawg
11-01-2022, 06:14 PM
An AU insider guest on Finebaum said it's Kiffin or Freeze. One of them will be the next head coach at Auburn.

I've been saying for a year Freeze will be their next coach. No insider information. Just a perfect fit. Kiffin would fit pretty good there too.

PGHBulldogBG
11-01-2022, 06:34 PM
I've been saying for a year Freeze will be their next coach. No insider information. Just a perfect fit. Kiffin would fit pretty good there too.

I still think it will be Freeze as well, but Kiffin and Prime are probably my #2 and #3. They are looking for a splash hire and only those 3 will do it in the eyes of Auburn.

Liverpooldawg
11-01-2022, 06:38 PM
No way Lane would go to Nebraska. That is a step down from Ole Miss or any other team in the SEC outside of Vandy or Missouri.

People were saying the same kind of thing about Tennessee a couple of years ago. Nebraska has everything it needs to become a top power again. They just need a coach.

MaroonFlounder
11-01-2022, 07:31 PM

I think they claimed they tried to get Tony Dungy before Ed O years ago, but that was just for optics

viverlibre
11-01-2022, 07:39 PM

I think there is something in Freezus' background check, that is not public knowledge, that gives ADs (and the SEC office) pause. I mean Saban couldn't get him hired at Bama.

Plus Freezus has a great job, it's a lot easier to keep skeletons hidden at a private university, and from what it appears, top leadership is all in on him.

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 07:40 PM
People were saying the same kind of thing about Tennessee a couple of years ago. Nebraska has everything it needs to become a top power again. They just need a coach.

I agree, was talking to a Nebraska fan today. They have nil money and tradition. I think they should go with a solich type guy, a really good Mac coach or like the guy k state hired. Fan base needs to shut up and be patient.

schddog72
11-01-2022, 07:40 PM

This will never happen, and anyone who says it will is neither familiar with Clemson nor its resources. Clemson has as much $$$ as Bama and Dabo can be as financially comfortable there as he ever could in Tuscalooser with less than 10% of the job stress. I could throw up 100 + reasons why Dabo would be insane to take the Bama job (if offered); he's all in on Clemson and Clemson is all in on him.

BeardoMSU
11-01-2022, 07:43 PM
This will never happen, and anyone who says it will is neither familiar with Clemson nor its resources. Clemson has as much $$$ as Bama and Dabo can be as financially comfortable there as he ever could in Tuscalooser with less than 10% of the job stress. I could throw up 100 + reasons why Dabo would be insane to take the Bama job (if offered); he's all in on Clemson and Clemson is all in on him.

No...

Commercecomet24
11-01-2022, 07:44 PM

I dint believe he's leaving Clemson either

yjnkdawg
11-01-2022, 07:44 PM
Kiffin doesn't like small towns , but if Auburn can show the NIL money potential he wants to see then that could be a deal. If Kiffin take the Auburn job, he probably will take a few or more players with him . Judkins' home is a little over 40 miles from Auburn. Anybody thinks that if Kiffin takes the Auburn job and OM can hire Prime, I have some prime ocean front property for sale in Colorado. I would guess Freeze is #2 but Kiffin is the #1 choice.

BeardoMSU
11-01-2022, 07:45 PM

He might not leave Clemson, but none of the rest is true.

calidawg
11-01-2022, 07:45 PM
I've been saying for a year Freeze will be their next coach. No insider information. Just a perfect fit.

I've been saying it too but Cohen being AD changes things. He won't let it happen

yjnkdawg
11-01-2022, 07:49 PM

Anybody following Saban will have a rough road probably. As they will be compared to him. I don't see Dabo leaving Clemson either.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2022, 07:51 PM

Ah, Clemson has enough resources to pay Dabo whatever he wants and the stress level is much less at Clemson than bama. He only has to face maybe 2 tough teams a year shorter path to playoffs, Clemson fans aren't near as rabid as bama fans so yeah most of what he said is true.

yjnkdawg
11-01-2022, 07:53 PM
I've been saying it too but Cohen being AD changes things. He won't let it happen

Cohen won't be making that HC decision. Welcome to the Auburn Football program. Just like the AD doesn't at OM.

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 07:53 PM
Kiffin doesn't like small towns , but if Auburn can show the NIL money potential he wants to see then that could be a deal. If Kiffin take the Auburn job, he probably will take a few or more players with him . Judkins' home is a little over 40 miles from Auburn. Anybody thinks that if Kiffin takes the Auburn job and OM can hire Prime, I have some prime ocean front property for sale in Colorado. I would guess Freeze is #2 but Kiffin is the #1 choice.

Spot on

The nil money/resources auburn has is in a different class from ole miss

I heard a dunce say on his YouTube live talkin dawgs say ole miss is just as easy a place to get in the playoffs as auburn and the two programs were equal, and no advantage to going to auburn for kiffin.......lol.

Frighteningly stupid analysis

yjnkdawg
11-01-2022, 08:04 PM
Spot on

I heard a dunce say on his YouTube live talkin dawgs say ole miss is just as easy a place to get in the playoffs as auburn and the two programs were equal, and no advantage to going to auburn for kiffin.......lol.

I think the reason so far OM has been so successful (well for one thing their schedule), is because Kiffin hit a gold mine in the portal and he is a great innovative play caller. Judkins was a 3* coming out of high school but has basically turned into a high 4* so far.

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 08:13 PM
I think the reason so far OM has been so successful (well for one thing their schedule), is because Kiffin hit a gold mine in the portal and he is a great innovative play caller. Judkins was a 3* coming out of high school but has basically turned into a high 4* so far.

Yea he’s hit on some guys, nice to have a Corrall around but yea, if we had their exact same schedule we’d be 8-1

Next year they get a much harder schedule and we get a string of hostess cupcakes. LSU ripped them apart much easier than they did us.

msstate7
11-01-2022, 08:19 PM
Dabo won't be right after saban. He'll follow whoever the poor chap is that follows saban and gets fired in 2 years

yjnkdawg
11-01-2022, 08:22 PM
Yea he’s hit on some guys, nice to have a Corrall around but yea, if we had their exact same schedule we’d be 8-1

Next year they get a much harder schedule and we get a string of hostess cupcakes. LSU ripped them apart much easier than they did us.

I hope Bama is just as courteous to OM at Vaught-Hemingway as LSU was to OM at Tiger Stadium. :). The thing that worries me is that OM is a lot better team at home then on the road, but I still think Bama will win unless they just give the game away.

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 08:28 PM
I think Alabama will drop down some after Saban, I wouldn’t be surprised if auburn with Kiffin and big money Texas fills the void.

SailingDawg
11-01-2022, 08:38 PM
It would be absolutely hilarious if Kiffin left in the middle of the season.

PikeDawg15
11-01-2022, 08:38 PM
Auburn boosters are making this hire not Cohen, no way they settle for Grimes.

I?d be really surprised if Kiffin isn?t coaching at Auburn next year.

Me and whiskey actually agreeing on something

Feels good

You are 100% correct

They got rid of the former AD because Greene went and hired Harsin when the Boosters told him they wanted Hugh Freeze but he didn?t want to hire freeze.

So they canned him

That?s why they have Cohen, Mr. smartest man in the room is about to be paid some serious money to do some paperwork and answer phone calls and deliver donuts to Mr. Rane

Their boosters are not settling for a Offensive Coordinator at a lesser school than Auburn.

They going for a huge splash to compete immediately with saban and Kirby

That is Lane Kiffin or Hugh Freeze , it is one of those 2 guys

Auburn boosters would never ever hire Deion and I don?t think Deion wants to get involved with that crap either , because they aren?t going to go out of their way to pay him stupid money.

Expect a 8 year 80 million dollar deal for Lane Kiffin to be offered and ole miss attempt to match up but auburn would just re raise them.

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 08:48 PM
Me and whiskey actually agreeing on something

Feels good

You are 100% correct

They got rid of the former AD because Greene went and hired Harsin when the Boosters told him they wanted Hugh Freeze but he didn?t want to hire freeze.

So they canned him

That?s why they have Cohen, Mr. smartest man in the room is about to be paid some serious money to do some paperwork and answer phone calls and deliver donuts to Mr. Rane

Their boosters are not settling for a Offensive Coordinator at a lesser school than Auburn.

They going for a huge splash to compete immediately with saban and Kirby

That is Lane Kiffin or Hugh Freeze , it is one of those 2 guys

Auburn boosters would never ever hire Deion and I don?t think Deion wants to get involved with that crap either , because they aren?t going to go out of their way to pay him stupid money.

Expect a 8 year 80 million dollar deal for Lane Kiffin to be offered and ole miss attempt to match up but auburn would just re raise them.

Spot on

Kiffin has several reason for going, saban steps down soon, auburn has the resources and nil money to fill the void. Ole miss schedule next year is much harder and he will lose some shine if he stays. This is the right timing for him. And that’s on top of the huge money and buyout he’s going to get.

Deion is not going to be seriously considered and I don’t think freeze is either. And you are also right about Cohen, he’s going to be a figurehead with no say.

Ole miss will screw up their next hire too.

viverlibre
11-01-2022, 08:53 PM
I'd take Kiffen over Freeze.

Catfish
11-01-2022, 08:56 PM
I'd take Kiffen over Freeze.

Agreed. I could be wrong but Auburn is the kind of place where Freeze might find himself in trouble. Too many Liberties there.

DownwardDawg
11-01-2022, 08:59 PM
I think there is something in Freezus' background check, that is not public knowledge, that gives ADs (and the SEC office) pause. I mean Saban couldn't get him hired at Bama.

Plus Freezus has a great job, it's a lot easier to keep skeletons hidden at a private university, and from what it appears, top leadership is all in on him.

Yeah. That's the rumor going around, but there's so much money being thrown around these days. Folks want to win at all costs. Someone will say screw it and hire freeze anyway. Auburn fits that bill.

viverlibre
11-01-2022, 09:00 PM
Spot on

He's an idiot. Can't remember the game, but the offense had the ball with the clock stopped with 6 seconds left. Dunce was advocating getting off two plays in the 6 seconds (running a play, then kicking an FG, rather than kicking the FG at 6 seconds left). Pretty sure I've heard Romo say 7 seconds is the minimum to run two plays and that's in the NFL.

Coach34
11-01-2022, 09:08 PM
1. Kiffin is probably Auburn's top target but he may turn them down. That place is psycho and he knows it. Auburn is the crazy girl thats great in bed but you just know a month from now you could end up on an episode of Cops because of her. He keeps winning 8-9-10 at Mississippi and he will get a better job. But he obviously could jump at it because they will do what he wants to win a title. Plus he would be close to the A-T-L

2. I dont think an SEC school is going to hire PrimeTime. I may be wrong but I'm skeptical

3. Saban is not going to step away for 3-4 more years at least. He cant. His body wont let him. He needs it.

4. I dont think Freeze gets an SEC job either. Sankey told Bama "no phuckin way" when they tried to bring him on. Hiring prostitutes for recruits crosses a line for some people.

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 09:19 PM
He's an idiot. Can't remember the game, but the offense had the ball with the clock stopped with 6 seconds left. Dunce was advocating getting off two plays in the 6 seconds (running a play, then kicking an FG, rather than kicking the FG at 6 seconds left). Pretty sure I've heard Romo say 7 seconds is the minimum to run two plays and that's in the NFL.

He really is dumb. I was thinking he was more of a snake, but the guy just doesn’t know what he’s talking about. I listened more to hear him talking about revenue and where MSU ranks, he had no idea. It’s not that hard to look that stuff up. He’s supposed to be an expert.

I guess this is just podunk Starkville stuff, but holy shit these guys are bad. You get a lot more knowledge and expertise reading this board and it’s free. Lol

somebodyshotmypaw
11-01-2022, 09:25 PM
I think contracts should be honored. If you sign a guy to a 120 million dollar contract for 10 years.... and you choose to go another route, well pay them the remainder. I have no idea why it is so difficult.

Obviously the contracts are honored. Most have language that only guarantees a percentage or has offset language.

The problem is when a guy just doesn?t perform. I can?t imagine being so bad at my job that my company would pay me for not working. I dance to a different beat than most on this board when it comes to stuff like this. I was offered an employment contract at my job. They wanted to be sure I didn?t leave. I told them I didn?t like contracts because they needed to keep the ability to fire me if I?m not getting it done. I want to be judged every day.

You sign a guy to a 5 year contract and after 3 years he gets lazy. I want to cut my losses. I don?t want to pay a lazy person for 2 more years.

TheLostDawg
11-01-2022, 09:37 PM
Kiffen to Auburn then coach prime to ole miss would be the best thing that could happen to us. The media would eat it up, prime would bring in top recruits and staff they'd be good one year then players and coaches alike leave the following year then they've had no stability at coaching and have to rebuild much like we've had to do. If that happens or they make a bad hire, we better build on it this time like they've done us. Look at the difference it makes when you have one university ahead of the other, sugar bowl appearance. Cohen make one disaster hire with Moorhead instead of doing like ole miss did and promote within. If we had knox who knows what we could have done that next year then we could have been ahead of the curve hiring the next coach the following year. Instead Cohen makes a bad hire and then fired that coach only to hire someone with a whole new system that required a whole new set of players and for everyone to learn his system as it's been shown over and over, it takes years before it takes off. In the mean time ole miss was gaining and had gained momentum.
Rant over. Glad Cohen is gone.

PikeDawg15
11-01-2022, 09:45 PM
Kiffen to Auburn then coach prime to ole miss would be the best thing that could happen to us. The media would eat it up, prime would bring in top recruits and staff they'd be good one year then players and coaches alike leave the following year then they've had no stability at coaching and have to rebuild much like we've had to do. If that happens or they make a bad hire, we better build on it this time like they've done us. Look at the difference it makes when you have one university ahead of the other, sugar bowl appearance. Cohen make one disaster hire with Moorhead instead of doing like ole miss did and promote within. If we had knox who knows what we could have done that next year then we could have been ahead of the curve hiring the next coach the following year. Instead Cohen makes a bad hire and then fired that coach only to hire someone with a whole new system that required a whole new set of players and for everyone to learn his system as it's been shown over and over, it takes years before it takes off. In the mean time ole miss was gaining and had gained momentum.
Rant over. Glad Cohen is gone.

This brings up an interesting question , If Lane does leave ole miss , who would they go after?

Catfish
11-01-2022, 09:54 PM
This brings up an interesting question , If Lane does leave ole miss , who would they go after?

Freeze, but I still don't think the SEC lets him in. So, maybe the OC from Tennessee.

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 10:06 PM
Freeze, but I still don't think the SEC lets him in. So, maybe the OC from Tennessee.

They will screw it up. Whoever they bring in is going to lose 4-5 games next year and their fans won’t realize the difference in the schedule.

Goldendawg
11-01-2022, 10:26 PM
They do not match.

Grove is still full of Col Reb logos unless it has changed.

TUSK
11-01-2022, 10:34 PM
No...

ahem....

that's TMd, ya know....?

TUSK
11-01-2022, 10:36 PM
1. Kiffin is probably Auburn's top target but he may turn them down. That place is psycho and he knows it. Auburn is the crazy girl thats great in bed but you just know a month from now you could end up on an episode of Cops because of her. He keeps winning 8-9-10 at Mississippi and he will get a better job. But he obviously could jump at it because they will do what he wants to win a title. Plus he would be close to the A-T-L

2. I dont think an SEC school is going to hire PrimeTime. I may be wrong but I'm skeptical

3. Saban is not going to step away for 3-4 more years at least. He cant. His body wont let him. He needs it.

4. I dont think Freeze gets an SEC job either. Sankey told Bama "no phuckin way" when they tried to bring him on. Hiring prostitutes for recruits crosses a line for some people.

yup on all dat.

PikeDawg15
11-02-2022, 06:54 AM

From what I have been told consistently , Freeze is blackballed from the SEC . Also, Ole Miss would 100% still try to and Steve Robertson would once again be back on the hunt.

Originally , the plan was for Jeff Lebby to be the head coach in waiting under Lane Kiffin .

viverlibre
11-02-2022, 07:03 AM
From what I have been told consistently , Freeze is blackballed from the SEC . Also, Ole Miss would 100% still try to and Steve Robertson would once again be back on the hunt.

Originally , the plan was for Jeff Lebby to be the head coach in waiting under Lane Kiffin .

I agree there is something in his background check that is a red flag for everyone (possibly something on top of what we know and assume), but the barn may be one school who says efff it to the SEC and hires him anyway.

yjnkdawg
11-02-2022, 10:05 AM

I don't think the SEC Office could prevent an SEC school from hiring Freeze but they could make it very difficult on the school if they didn't want Freeze back in the SEC. They were straight forward with Saban when he was looking at hiring Freeze. It would not be in Bama's best interest with the SEC Office if you hire Freeze. So Saban backed off. You don't want to to upset or make the SEC Office mad, if you are a member school.

yjnkdawg
11-02-2022, 10:08 AM
I agree there is something in his background check that is a red flag for everyone (possibly something on top of what we know and assume), but the barn may be one school who says efff it to the SEC and hires him anyway.

Freeze embarrassed the SEC Office big time and on a national stage. I can't see where they would welcome him back in the SEC with open arms anytime soon.

yjnkdawg
11-02-2022, 10:31 AM
It would be absolutely hilarious if Kiffin left in the middle of the season.

It would be, but Kiffin isn't going to leave OM, if he even does leave OM, till after the Bowl games with the season he is currently having there now. I can't believe another school could request or mandate he do so to be their HC prior to the end of OM's season. But one did for an AD . So who knows.

Leroy Jenkins
11-02-2022, 10:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlDXMAM-crU

3:00 minute mark. SEC tells Nick no on Freeze, "due to circumstances he created for himself".

schddog72
11-02-2022, 07:23 PM

And you know this how??

BeardoMSU
11-02-2022, 07:26 PM
And you know this how??

Satanic witchcraft***

Pancho
11-03-2022, 07:25 AM
Since Kiffin and prime time aren't leaving, who is the main target for Auburn?

Jarius
11-03-2022, 08:21 AM

Kiffin ain't leaving? If Auburn offers Lane Kiffin he's going to Auburn.

TrapGame
11-03-2022, 08:51 AM
Kiffin ain't leaving? If Auburn offers Lane Kiffin he's going to Auburn.

In a freakin' heartbeat.

Lane wanted the job in 2020 but Auburn's AD, who was fired btw, wanted Harsin.

WhiskeyPirate
11-03-2022, 08:57 AM
Prime time is 55 and has 3 years swac experience as a coach, he’s not going to the sec as a head coach. I know he’s in some commercials but that would be a ridiculous hire.

yjnkdawg
11-03-2022, 11:59 AM

Did Kiffin say he loves OM and he is not leaving? I don't think he has, and Prime Time isn't even in the conversation for the Auburn position.

Pancho
11-03-2022, 12:07 PM
Kiffin has the hots for a lady in oxford so I guess she'll have to move to the plains also. If not Lane then who are the best 2 names?