PDA

View Full Version : Judging by the rest of the SEC scores...

CadaverDawg
04-20-2013, 08:35 PM
It is looking like the final hosts spots are going to come down to us, South Carolina, and Ole Miss, to go along with Vandy and LSU.

Ole Miss would be done, but their schedule is easy going forward.

We needed South Carolina to lose at least 1 to Kentucky, and today was a golden chance, but they won both. Still a chance for UK to steal one tomorrow, but it looks like a big sweep for USC. Fortunately for us, USC has LSU on the road, and Vandy at home, over the next two weekends. We need them to lose both of those series.

We badly need to win at least 1 at Vandy...2 would be incredible. And we may have to win the series at Ole Miss if we want to stay ahead of them in the standings.

It is looking more and more likely that those final two series will decide the host spots. We may have to win 4 of our last 6 SEC games.

Thoughts?

msstate7
04-20-2013, 08:44 PM
These next two series are gonna be tough. We'll be facing two of the best pitchers in the sec the next two Fridays. If we lose both, that'll put a lot of pressure on graveman and lindgren. We need to step up and win one of those Friday nights...

engie
04-20-2013, 09:11 PM
I think we're sitting great right now...

One thing I've learned is that it's hard to predict SEC baseball. Too many teams that are too close in terms of talent that crazy stuff can(and will) happen...

Boyd had a flaw in his RPI Needs Formula and took it down. It's a shame, because I was looking forward to running through exactly what other teams have to do in order to get their RPI to where it needs to be.

One thing I'm sure of -- we need Arky to finish in the top 50 -- and we need Central Arky to hold on inside the top 50. Quite possible that we finish as one of 2-3 teams in the country with no losses against teams outside the top 50...

Spider-Man
04-20-2013, 09:45 PM
These next two series are gonna be tough. We'll be facing two of the best pitchers in the sec the next two Fridays. If we lose both, that'll put a lot of pressure on graveman and lindgren. We need to step up and win one of those Friday nights...

We'll beat Wahl.

msstate7
04-20-2013, 09:54 PM
We'll beat Wahl.

I hope so. Didnt Georgia beat beede today?