PDA

View Full Version : Donate to the BI

KOdawg1
11-01-2022, 09:43 AM
https://bulldoginitiative.com/

You can donate as little or as much as you want to. But we have to improve. Let's show John Cohen that we can have a successful athletic department without his smug ass.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2022, 09:46 AM
Yeah everyone needs to get on board. Don't have to be a millionaire to help. Every little bit helps a bunch!

StarkVegasSteve
11-01-2022, 09:51 AM
So to start the year I said that in our weekly prediction thread that if you picked the exact score I would make a $50 donation to the Bulldog Initiative in your name. However, we need money now so starting this week the closest score will have a $25 donation to the Initiative for the win. $50 still applies if you get it correct. I encourage everyone to donate and I know $25 or $50 is not much but it is something.

Randolph Dupree
11-01-2022, 09:59 AM
So, look at it like this: there are, reportedly, 157,000 living MSU alums in the world. If we each give an average of $100/yr to BI that's pretty damn strong. I know everyone's not going to give but some will give heavily to help average that out and average joe fan needs to give what he/she can to fill in the gaps. It's not that unattainable.

Btw, Byrne was a master at this type of thing. Started hitting up students right out of school for the BDC. Always said, "...just give what you can...". He was right and it was brilliant and many of those folks that were giving $100 back then kept on giving and as life got better they gave more...if Cohen did anything like this I missed it.

msudawglb
11-01-2022, 10:50 AM
I just joined as of 10 minutes ago. HailState!

gtowndawg
11-01-2022, 10:51 AM
I joined for a monthly donation a couple of months ago. It's not huge, but I'm curious to see how it works. I've not heard anything since joining (I know they are new though, so that's fine).

Commercecomet24
11-01-2022, 11:43 AM
So, look at it like this: there are, reportedly, 157,000 living MSU alums in the world. If we each give an average of $100/yr to BI that's pretty damn strong. I know everyone's not going to give but some will give heavily to help average that out and average joe fan needs to give what he/she can to fill in the gaps. It's not that unattainable.

Btw, Byrne was a master at this type of thing. Started hitting up students right out of school for the BDC. Always said, "...just give what you can...". He was right and it was brilliant and many of those folks that were giving $100 back then kept on giving and as life got better they gave more...if Cohen did anything like this I missed it.

This is the key. Don't pressure people to give a gazillion, just start with "give what you can". You do that and people will sign on and it just becomes one of those things you pay every month/year it becomes habitual and as you said when things get better people normally up their donation. The key is getting them started to begin with so it becomes a habit. Give what you can!

parabrave
11-01-2022, 11:45 AM
Is the BI tax deductible and How many players do we have in the NFL?

PikeDawg15
11-01-2022, 01:50 PM
Just doing some simple math here

Our stadium currently holds 60k, use to be 64k

so if all of those 60k people are MSU fans, lets just pretend

they make 10 dollar donations every month of the year

10 x 12 = $120 per year per person

$120 x 60,000 = 7.2 million dollars per year in NIL donations

if you then factor in we have a lot more than 60k fans ..

lets go to the twitter followers of Miss State football

Mississippi State football on Twitter has 290k Followers

$120 x 290k = 34.8 million dollars a year if those people donated 10 dollars per month to NIL

Get an Athletic director that will fully support doing this and promote this HEAVILY

Dont forget that we have some donors that would donate WAY more than that if they see a positive return to their investment

Hail State

parabrave
11-01-2022, 02:41 PM
Clemson has had IPTAY for decades. It's I pay thirty a year. Everybody in the upstate and Northeast GA regardless of if they went there or not is a member. Hell when I lived there I was a member of that and the BDC at the same time. For that 30 you get a IPTAY sticker to put on your car and it markets itself. They make a ton of money off that. And there are alot of MSU fans who for some reason or not did not attend MSU or college at all who would support 30 a year. I bet TUSK would/

Commercecomet24
11-01-2022, 03:10 PM
Clemson has had IPTAY for decades. It's I pay thirty a year. Everybody in the upstate and Northeast GA regardless of if they went there or not is a member. Hell when I lived there I was a member of that and the BDC at the same time. For that 30 you get a IPTAY sticker to put on your car and it markets itself. They make a ton of money off that. And there are alot of MSU fans who for some reason or not did not attend MSU or college at all who would support 30 a year. I bet TUSK would/

Great idea.

PikeDawg15
11-01-2022, 03:12 PM

State has the majority of the fans in Mississippi from what I can tell.

Im the only person in my family to have gone to Mississippi State but they are all fans too , only 5% of alabama fans went to Alabama, same with georgia and LSU

Many USM alum are State, OM, or LSU fans

PikeDawg15
11-01-2022, 03:14 PM

$120 x 290k = 34.8 million dollars a year if those people donated 10 dollars per month to NIL

Get an Athletic director that will fully support doing this and promote this HEAVILY

Dont forget that we have some donors that would donate WAY more than that if they see a positive return to their investment

Hail State

Also like others have said , do something special for the people who donate

Pick a couple random people per home football game to get their seats upgraded and to get on the field with VIP access or something

anything to further incentivize donation

MaroonFlounder
11-01-2022, 03:14 PM
If MSU somehow gets John Currie as Athletic Director, I will double my BDC donation and triple my BI/NIL donation.

Make it happen, Keenum!

Gutter Cobreh
11-01-2022, 03:37 PM

Hand up, I thought it was for more than $30 a year, but you're right... you're also correct in that those stickers are on every car. I think you get looked down on if you're on campus and don't have one on the back glass... I'd pay $30 a year for something similar for MSU and not think twice about it.

Lord McBuckethead
11-01-2022, 03:46 PM
Also like others have said , do something special for the people who donate

Pick a couple random people per home football game to get their seats upgraded and to get on the field with VIP access or something

anything to further incentivize donation

Bingo. I would give 300 a month if they would let me buy courtside basketball season tickets.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-01-2022, 04:23 PM
Bingo. I would give 300 a month if they would let me buy courtside basketball season tickets.

Doing tiers similar to what Patreon does for podcasting would be cool. I would love if at a certain level I could get access to high quality replays of classic MSU games or something. They have to have those right? Right now you are just stuck watching garbage on YouTube.

parabrave
11-01-2022, 05:21 PM
Hand up, I thought it was for more than $30 a year, but you're right... you're also correct in that those stickers are on every car. I think you get looked down on if you're on campus and don't have one on the back glass... I'd pay $30 a year for something similar for MSU and not think twice about it.

I lived in Anderson which had more UGA Grads than Clemson grads and every car up there had IPTAY. There were alot of MSU grads up there also.

gtowndawg
11-01-2022, 05:28 PM

So crazy it might just work!

Santiago
11-01-2022, 05:40 PM
Bulldog Initiative is racking up members today. Now over 500 .
I think Charlie said over 115 have joined as of this afternoon, but then there was a surge of more people joining later this afternoon.

KOdawg1
11-01-2022, 05:42 PM
Bulldog Initiative is racking up members today. Now over 500 .
I think Charlie said over 115 have joined as of this afternoon, but then there was a surge of more people joining later this afternoon.

It's awesome that people are finally getting excited about this.

However, OM's collective has over 1500 members so we have some catching up to do.

But it's better late than never.

CaptainObvious
11-01-2022, 07:19 PM
This might not be legal in the NCAA eyes, but if we averaged 50,000 per game entering the gates, and 44,000 were State fans and a table was set up outside each gate for NIL donations of $5 to enter, that would raise $1,540,000 over 7 home games.

OR? we could add a $5 charge for every game day parking pass, earmarked for NIL funding.

OR?. We could get the university to allow booze and beer trailers stationed around the Tailgating areas managed by the BC and charge a fee for every beer or drink sold.

OR?.. charge a 2 mil tax on every restaurant, bar, and hotel from September to May, giving them a tax vacation in June, July and August.

OR?. We can just get every alumnus and graduate to pay $50 a year for having the privilege of attending MSU!😎

parabrave
11-01-2022, 07:29 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but was NIL set up for companies to pay these kids for their name images and LIKEWISE. Pretty soon either the NCAA or the Feds will shut down the paying of athletes, esp when the women start asking where is ours.

RocketDawg
11-01-2022, 07:35 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but was NIL set up for companies to pay these kids for their name images and LIKEWISE. Pretty soon either the NCAA or the Feds will shut down the paying of athletes, esp when the women start asking where is ours.

Could be, but I thought it was "name, image, and likeness". If that's correct, I think "likeness" includes photos, drawings, etc.

EdwardDrayton
11-01-2022, 07:47 PM

It’s more than a little interesting that the fans are contributing to the collective, the collective then negotiates deals with businesses to use the athlete’s NIL to promote their business and the collective funds the payment to the athlete. The business realizes the top line benefit/growth without an impact to their COS. Guess our BBA/MBA programs are going to revisit the revenue/cost matching concept on the P&L. Wish I could get funding like that for my company.

EdwardDrayton
11-01-2022, 07:53 PM
Wonder if we the fans will get an annual Funds Uses Statement to see who our contributions are paid to. Would like to see who exactly we have retained or brought in and what did it cost. Let’s be clear; we’re paying players to play for us.

parabrave
11-01-2022, 07:59 PM
It’s more than a little interesting that the fans are contributing to the collective, the collective then negotiates deals with businesses to use the athlete’s NIL to promote their business and the collective funds the payment to the athlete. The business realizes the top line benefit/growth without an impact to their COS. Guess our BBA/MBA programs are going to revisit the revenue/cost matching concept on the P&L. Wish I could get funding that like for my company.

So the way they used to do it in the 70's and early 80;s before SMU screwed it up.

KOdawg1
11-01-2022, 08:04 PM
Wonder if we the fans will get an annual Funds Uses Statement to see who our contributions are paid to. Would like to see who exactly we have retained or brought in and what did it cost. Let’s be clear; we’re paying players to play for us.

I can say with confidence that Tyrus Wheat would be playing for someone else in the SEC this year if it wasn't for NIL

EdwardDrayton
11-01-2022, 08:05 PM
So the way they used to do it in the 70's and early 80;s before SMU screwed it up.

A couple of differences. SMU just handed the sack to the player. Repeatedly. After being told not to and agreeing not to. Repeatedly. They did not bother to try and disguise it as a business benefit; it was just a slush fund.

But yeah it’s the same; we’re just pretending it’s not now.

EdwardDrayton
11-01-2022, 08:08 PM
I can say with confidence that Tyrus Wheat would be playing for someone else in the SEC this year if it wasn't for NIL

I have little doubt KO. How much did it cost us? Let’s just be transparent about what’s going on here. I as a contributor want to see the ROI. What exactly are we getting for our contributions.

parabrave
11-01-2022, 08:19 PM
A couple of differences. SMU just handed the sack to the player. Repeatedly. After being told not to and agreeing not to. Repeatedly. They did not bother to try and disguise it as a business benefit; it was just a slush fund.

But yeah it’s the same; we’re just pretending it’s not now.

Or just give them the no show Jobs. A former LSU RB had a great job back in the early 80s, make sure the sprinklers were turned on in Tiger Stadium.

EdwardDrayton
11-01-2022, 08:24 PM
Or just give them the no show Jobs. A former LSU RB had a great job back in the early 80s, make sure the sprinklers were turned on in Tiger Stadium.

Hey, more than a few businesses have manicured lawns and irrigation systems. Just need a small sign ‘this beautiful landscape courtesy of Tyrus Wheat’. ****

MaroonBelle
11-01-2022, 09:08 PM
I have little doubt KO. How much did it cost us? Let?s just be transparent about what?s going on here. I as a contributor want to see the ROI. What exactly are we getting for our contributions.

It seems like a very bad idea to me to have what athletes get paid out there. Then u invite jealousy and oneupmanship. Maybe u pay 50k to one kid but another would willingly take 35k. Then he finds out the other kid got 50k because the BI put that info out for people who want to know what their roi is. So now this kid who would have taken 35 wants 55. I have been giving for several months. The BI puts a notice out on their Twitter feed when they make a contract with a player so I can see who is getting paid. That is enough for me and the amount i give i don't really think I am need to know. I don't want to know how it works, just let me see the results. I am sure that those who give large amounts are informed and have a say who it goes to.

MaroonFlounder
11-01-2022, 09:13 PM

Money well spent. He was one of the few that Bama had trouble blocking last week.
I hope he gets multiple sacks vs AUB

Coach34
11-01-2022, 10:31 PM
Until we get businesses pumping money into NIL- we gonna struggle. We got to get Big Business in it

parabrave
11-01-2022, 10:40 PM
Until we get businesses pumping money into NIL- we gonna struggle. We got to get Big Business in it

Would summer internships count. This way the businesses could write off the inkind donations.

Goldendawg
11-01-2022, 10:44 PM

Hail State

A lot of those 60K fans are children, students, limited # of opposing fans, players' parents, etc.

CharlieWinfield
11-01-2022, 10:56 PM
Thanks to everyone who has helped with the groundswell of support throughout the day. We needed this to gain momentum, and it really took off today.

I know there are lots of questions people have, and I am happy to try to take them on where I can. To answer one question, though, it will not be part of our plan to issue public disclosures on what athletes are making. I am not aware of any collective anywhere doing this, and, I think, for good reason. It is not useful to share that information with opponents, and it is not useful inside the locker room to create strife, competition, and back-biting over who is making what. Also, it exposes players to significant criticism where people can say ?we? are paying somebody a certain amount and thereby justify unending hell for them. I know that some will not agree and will demand to know. In those cases, we may not be the best fit for them, but they can certainly do their own deals with players directly, and I will even help get them the forms to do it. Anyway, just wanted to say a real thank you to everyone who has helped today. It?s been amazing.

Maroonthirteen
11-02-2022, 05:27 AM
Thank you Charlie.

Homedawg
11-02-2022, 07:38 AM

No. They won't.

BeardoMSU
11-02-2022, 08:21 AM
Or just give them the no show Jobs.

https://y.yarn.co/2264de18-906f-4b15-878c-7dfc7c2ac221_text.gif

gtowndawg
11-02-2022, 08:54 AM
Thanks to everyone who has helped with the groundswell of support throughout the day. We needed this to gain momentum, and it really took off today.

I know there are lots of questions people have, and I am happy to try to take them on where I can. To answer one question, though, it will not be part of our plan to issue public disclosures on what athletes are making. I am not aware of any collective anywhere doing this, and, I think, for good reason. It is not useful to share that information with opponents, and it is not useful inside the locker room to create strife, competition, and back-biting over who is making what. Also, it exposes players to significant criticism where people can say ?we? are paying somebody a certain amount and thereby justify unending hell for them. I know that some will not agree and will demand to know. In those cases, we may not be the best fit for them, but they can certainly do their own deals with players directly, and I will even help get them the forms to do it. Anyway, just wanted to say a real thank you to everyone who has helped today. It?s been amazing.

Thanks for putting in the effort Charlie.

EdwardDrayton
11-02-2022, 09:26 AM

As a second career custom home builder, I laughed way too hard at this!!!

parabrave
11-02-2022, 11:05 AM

Dam son I'm honored. But this was going on at alot of colleges 30-40 years go.

Commercecomet24
11-02-2022, 11:15 AM

Thank you!

BeardoMSU
11-02-2022, 12:06 PM
As a second career custom home builder, I laughed way too hard at this!!!

Dam son I'm honored. But this was going on at alot of colleges 30-40 years go.

Haha.

Well, I see "no show jobs" and my brain immediately goes to The Sopranos. Can't help it :).

parabrave
11-02-2022, 01:29 PM
Haha.

Well, I see "no show jobs" and my brain immediately goes to The Sopranos. Can't help it :).

Well does our Kicking positions count as no shows?

BeardoMSU
11-02-2022, 01:32 PM
Well does our Kicking positions count as no shows?

There's a character named Big Pu$$y, fwiw.***

PikeDawg15
11-02-2022, 04:46 PM
So now that I joined the BI

I?m basically one of the team owners so I can complain about anything I want

No one says otherwise

parabrave
11-02-2022, 04:54 PM

No one says otherwise

See you at the shareholders meeting:

https://youtu.be/WniYyIXInik

msu15
11-02-2022, 04:57 PM
Haha.

Best show ever. The last season wasn't excellent, but man what a cast and story.

EdwardDrayton
11-02-2022, 05:48 PM

No one says otherwise

I did as well. Don’t like the business model AT ALL but I respect what Charlie is trying to do and unfortunately it seems necessary to keep us relevant. Now to start pondering how to fix this mess.

FISHDAWG
11-02-2022, 06:08 PM
I did as well. Don?t like the business model AT ALL but I respect what Charlie is trying to do and unfortunately it seems necessary to keep us relevant. Now to start pondering how to fix this mess.

And it feels good to do it... now instead of feeling powerless and complaining we have an option to help make a difference

EdwardDrayton
11-02-2022, 06:20 PM
And it feels good to do it... now instead of feeling powerless and complaining we have an option to help make a difference

Well I’m certainly pleased that it did all that for you. :)

EdwardDrayton
11-02-2022, 06:39 PM
Haha.

Vincent Pastore is a gem.

BeardoMSU
11-02-2022, 06:55 PM
Vincent Pastore is a gem.

Also in Goodfellas....

Know which scene?

EdwardDrayton
11-02-2022, 07:05 PM
Also in Goodfellas....

Know which scene?

Seriously?!!? No I do not remember. Was it a cameo?

Saltydog
11-02-2022, 08:22 PM
Completely agree with this. Maybe someone should get Joe Max Higgins at GTR development link involved. He's one of the best economic developers in the country and is a big MSU fan. He just brought in another 1,000 plus jobs ($2.5 billion investment) at an avg salary of $93k to the Lowndes county mega site. It's the largest single business investment in the states history. If you don't know who he is go look up the piece 60 Minutes did on him a few years ago.

BeardoMSU
11-02-2022, 08:54 PM
Seriously?!!? No I do not remember. Was it a cameo?

Yep. He's in the background of this scene handing the fur coats...

https://y.yarn.co/d719404a-17c5-40af-b633-b78beb9e57b4_text.gif
https://static.independent.co.uk/2020/09/14/13/6%20vincent%20pastore.jpg?quality=75&width=640&auto=webp

msu15
11-02-2022, 09:46 PM

https://static.independent.co.uk/2020/09/14/13/6%20vincent%20pastore.jpg?quality=75&width=640&auto=webp
Threw my damn back out again!

parabrave
11-02-2022, 09:54 PM

Going fishing with the Boss hon.

BeardoMSU
11-02-2022, 10:53 PM
Going fishing with the Boss hon.

"Not in the face ok, Ton....let me keep my eyes?"

parabrave
11-03-2022, 11:24 AM
"Not in the face ok, Ton....let me keep my eyes?"

Paulie almost met the same fate. Rule 1 never go fishing with Tony/ Or a drive through the country with Sal.

Pancho
11-03-2022, 11:58 AM
what was Cohen doing or not doing that prevented this type participation in the BI?

dogshiek
11-03-2022, 07:45 PM
My buddy and I signed up today. Thank you Mr. Cohen for lighting a fire under my ass.

PikeDawg15
11-03-2022, 07:56 PM
what was Cohen doing or not doing that prevented this type participation in the BI?

Promoting, advertising the BI. Not consistently talking to boosters about BI.

Goldendawg
11-03-2022, 09:31 PM

I vote we have a triple header night someday to welcome Croom, JoMo, and Cohen back to campus.****** NOT!

sleepy dawg
11-04-2022, 08:42 AM
I'm a monthly contributor now... who's next?

Todd4State
11-04-2022, 08:50 AM

Trying.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-04-2022, 10:37 AM
Trying.

Over 1100 people now. If you have any friends that have not joined yet let them know about it. Let's get to 2000 before the end of the season.

Commercecomet24
11-04-2022, 10:57 AM
Over 1100 people now. If you have any friends that have not joined yet let them know about it. Let's get to 2000 before the end of the season.

Started the week at 300! Incredible! Let's keep it going! I'm promoting this with all my family!