PDA

View Full Version : Boneyard

HaggardDawg
10-31-2022, 01:02 PM
Hasn?t been released today but who would like to bet Steve claims he had knowledge for the past couple weeks that Cohen to Auburn was a possibility?

TNDawg35
10-31-2022, 01:14 PM
This post is brought to you by Bulldog Burger company. Where cool people go to meat.

Also this wk on top 10 list, why State fans suck and should listen to everything I say cause I’m morally better than you…***

Santiago
10-31-2022, 01:16 PM
Hasn?t been released today but who would like to bet Steve claims he had knowledge for the past couple weeks that Cohen to Auburn was a possibility?

Heck on Saturday he was already posting on 247 how someone in the AD department last week reached out to him to ask what all he knew about John and Auburn.....since he and John were close personal friends.
He went on to add that he donated a TV and VCR to John when he coached baseball at a small college.
So he has made sure everyone knows he is the center of all this with John.

Hambone
10-31-2022, 01:17 PM
You forgot the stark Vegas link where you can purchase all of your rose bowl propaganda

parabrave
10-31-2022, 01:37 PM
This post is brought to you by Bulldog Burger company. Where cool people go to meat.

Also this wk on top 10 list, why State fans suck and should listen to everything I say cause I’m morally better than you…***

Of course. 15 mins of football, 30 mins of bulldog burger and 50 mins of crappy music/

PikeDawg15
10-31-2022, 01:43 PM
The best thing Steve Robertson has done was get Hugh Freeze fired.

Everything else sucks.

Cooterpoot
10-31-2022, 01:52 PM
He's been toting water for Cohen already. Cohen was basically told his tenure was coming to an end (ultimatum issued). The complaints from some powerful people didn't fall on deaf ears. He had connections with a coaches at AU and AU was desperate to make a hire so they could fire Harsin. Their president was taking some heat and needed his shield.

WhiskeyPirate
10-31-2022, 01:56 PM

Rosebud actually tried to lay the blame off on Leach for the lack of NIL while covering for Cohen, which is about as dumb as you can get since NIl
Is all booster money and that?s the AD and admins job not the coaches.

I don?t trust anything the staff over there says on any of this. They always have a spin and a narrative on everything, and it?s usually bull.

Depending on the next AD they will change their tune with the wind.

25 regular posters and 378 sock puppets

Leroy Jenkins
10-31-2022, 02:12 PM

Probably something like' "I have been hearing behind the scenes for some time that something was in the works"..."MY sources at Auburn say, blah, blah, something, something"

Santiago
10-31-2022, 02:29 PM
He will probably try to write a book about it. You can catch him at Campus Bookmart for book signings ***

Cooterpoot
10-31-2022, 02:59 PM
Funny how many State folks are basically laughing at Cohen and saying good riddance. People should've listened to Rob Polk.

dawgman15
10-31-2022, 03:06 PM
Good riddance is right. Ive been wanting MSU to get rid of him now Auburn has made it easier. Who will be our next hire has me worried don't need to mess it up

msu15
10-31-2022, 03:38 PM
Rosebud actually tried to lay the blame off on Leach for the lack of NIL while covering for Cohen, which is about as dumb as you can get since NIl
Is all booster money and that?s the AD and admins job not the coaches.

I don?t trust anything the staff over there says on any of this. They always have a spin and a narrative on everything, and it?s usually bull.

Depending on the next AD they will change their tune with the wind.

25 regular posters and 378 sock puppets
Wow, you actually said something intelligent. I'm impressed!

HancockCountyDog
10-31-2022, 03:45 PM
All i want to know is whether Rock Vegas was as big a disaster as I was told it was.

I've been told it was embarrassing and whoever hosted it lost their ass.

HaggardDawg
10-31-2022, 04:13 PM
I?ll save everyone the listen. Basically a John Cohen love fest and how they?re so close and he personally called John at the request of MSU official (I call bullsh!t). He was contacted last Wednesday by Auburn.

NCDawg
10-31-2022, 04:41 PM
Good riddance is right. Ive been wanting MSU to get rid of him now Auburn has made it easier. Who will be our next hire has me worried don't need to mess it up

I always thought Cohen didn't have the personality to be an AD. Guess a lot of people felt otherwise.

EdwardDrayton
10-31-2022, 05:41 PM
He will probably try to write a book about it. You can catch him at Campus Bookmart for book signings ***

Well played Santiago. Well played.

WhiskeyPirate
10-31-2022, 06:18 PM
Unbelievable amount of spin and moralizing by these pseudo reporters.

My respect for media in general and sports “reporters” can’t get any lower. A few free lunches and these lapdogs will twist things any way they are told to.

Coach34
10-31-2022, 06:56 PM
All i want to know is whether Rock Vegas was as big a disaster as I was told it was.

I've been told it was embarrassing and whoever hosted it lost their ass.

Rock Vegas did pretty well from what I understand and will become an annual event

Reunion Dog
10-31-2022, 11:50 PM
Rosebowl is a damn joke. And when we have recruits in he is always at the facility looking like his has been hitchhiking on the interstate for a damn month. He either needs to clean his act up and look like a normal press guy who or quit giving him credentials. He is one of the first things parents see when they are with their kid. His is a joke?. And don?t give a shit if he wrote a book about freeze or not.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-01-2022, 05:39 AM
I always thought Cohen didn't have the personality to be an AD. Guess a lot of people felt otherwise.
Just a very small group felt otherwise.

Maroonthirteen
11-01-2022, 05:54 AM
Rosebowl is a damn joke. And when we have recruits in he is always at the facility looking like his has been hitchhiking on the interstate for a damn month. He either needs to clean his act up and look like a normal press guy who or quit giving him credentials. He is one of the first things parents see when they are with their kid. His is a joke?. And don?t give a shit if he wrote a book about freeze or not.

Boom! I am glad someone else sees this.

Go get into "journalism" with the music industry or get a hair cut and some clothes.

No offense Steve. Nothing personal, just looking out for the business.

DownwardDawg
11-01-2022, 09:17 AM
They just put out a YouTube video. They've know this for almost a week!!! Lol

BeardoMSU
11-01-2022, 09:36 AM
Boom! I am glad someone else sees this.

Go get into "journalism" with the music industry or get a hair cut and some clothes.

No offense Steve. Nothing personal, just looking out for the business.

I know you didn't mean it like this, but it was the first thing that popped in my mind, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeajoCUvOiY&ab_channel=Reactions

Pretty much agree with you and others, tho.

I have zero clue why he gets the access he does. Ok, great...he's the one obsessive that pilfered through Hugh's phone records that got him fired....good for you I guess. But do we really need all the damn books and "Starkvillain" shirts? Talk about narcissistic...

TrapGame
11-01-2022, 09:44 AM
Rosie doesn't mention the other two "top candidates" with Cohen b/c he says it "doesn't matter".

Yeah, it matters.

When Hartwell at Utah State is one of them but you wind up with John Cohen instead, yeah, it matters.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2022, 09:47 AM
I know you didn't mean it like this, but it was the first thing that popped in my mind, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeajoCUvOiY&ab_channel=Reactions

Pretty much agree with you and others, tho.

I have zero clue why he gets the access he does. Ok, great...he's the one obsessive that pilfered through Hugh's phone records that got him fired....good for you I guess. But do we really need all the damn books and "Starkvillain" shirts? Talk about narcissistic...

Pretty much spot on.

Vandownbytheriver
11-01-2022, 09:53 AM
Pretty much spot on.

There's no one that writes for that site that I particularly like. The recruiting writers are all a weird, creepy group of people who obsess over teenage boys. You have to be a different cat to do that kind of work.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2022, 11:46 AM
There's no one that writes for that site that I particularly like. The recruiting writers are all a weird, creepy group of people who obsess over teenage boys. You have to be a different cat to do that kind of work.

Yeah it is on odd group for sure but it's not just our writers, it's pretty much a description of every schools recruiting writers. Seems to be the nature of the beast. I couldn't do it for sure.

parabrave
11-01-2022, 11:54 AM
Yeah it is on odd group for sure but it's not just our writers, it's pretty much a description of every schools recruiting writers. Seems to be the nature of the beast. I couldn't do it for sure.

Well at least he isn't following kids into the bathroom.

Leroy Jenkins
11-01-2022, 11:54 AM

Jock Sniffers.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2022, 11:57 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to parabrave again.

parabrave
11-01-2022, 12:35 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to parabrave again.

Airborne!! For those who don't know this refers to a former OM supporter Yahoo name starts with a Y and ends with a Y.

Leroy Jenkins
11-01-2022, 12:53 PM

...and judging dance moves

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 01:15 PM

You are being kind, but really it’s not that way at most schools.

I’ve lived in several different areas of the country including near different college campuses and followed several programs.

Most local media guys that run a forum covering a college program are neutral to positive about the program, usually try be professional and mature in the sense that they want to keep the forum from devolving into a shit hole.

That’s not really the case over there. You have 40-60 year old “staff” with multiple sock puppets posting nonsense and hyperbole around the clock. Mature intelligent discussion ? Impossible

You have the local high school beat writer and his fat meathead sidekick trashing the program and trying to be as outrageous as possible to promote their lame podcast. Then posting in the same thread talking to themselves under different handles, sometimes forgetting to switch accounts.

No I haven’t seen that happen on other sites with other programs.

Throw in rosebud and a few other misfits who think they are Edward R Murrow and it’s just hot garbage all the way around.

Coach34
11-01-2022, 01:27 PM
How else would we find out what pizza toppings Walley likes?

Maroonthirteen
11-01-2022, 01:32 PM
David Murray is a professional guy.

Robbie, I liked and had respect for until.... I saw he post on Genes Page and interacts with that crew. Come on man.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2022, 01:36 PM
You are being kind, but really it’s not that way at most schools.

I’ve lived in several different areas of the country including near different college campuses and followed several programs.

Most local media guys that run a forum covering a college program are neutral to positive about the program, usually try be professional and mature in the sense that they want to keep the forum from devolving into a shit hole.

That’s not really the case over there. You have 40-60 year old “staff” with multiple sock puppets posting nonsense and hyperbole around the clock. Mature intelligent discussion ? Impossible

You have the local high school beat writer and his fat meathead sidekick trashing the program and trying to be as outrageous as possible to promote their lame podcast. Then posting in the same thread talking to themselves under different handles, sometimes forgetting to switch accounts.

No I haven’t seen that happen on other sites with other programs.

Throw in rosebud and a few other misfits who think they are Edward R Murrow and it’s just hot garbage all the way around.

Look around some, you'll find a lot of this all over the country. Doesn't take make searching other. And yeah there are good and bad everywhere, but ours is not an isolated case by any stretch. I've got several good friends that are coaches at major D1 programs and they're not really fond of the "creepy" recruiting reporters.

PikeDawg15
11-01-2022, 01:41 PM
Look around some, you'll find a lot of this all over the country. Doesn't take make searching other. And yeah there are good and bad everywhere, but ours is not an isolated case by any stretch. I've got several good friends that are coaches at major D1 programs and they're not really fond of the "creepy" recruiting reporters.

The 2 most homer media schools in college football are in the SEC

Ole Miss and Tennessee

Both think they are going to win every game by 30 and that every recruit would sell their soul to come to their school.

The most biased shit ive ever seen has been from those 2 schools media

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 01:43 PM

The creepy recruiting dudes on most sites are just self-important pests , but when they interact with the fan base, they aren’t complete jerkoffs. In most cases you aren’t dealing with 80 sock puppets trashing the program and arguing with themselves to generate forum activity.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2022, 01:44 PM
The 2 most homer media schools in college football are in the SEC

Ole Miss and Tennessee

Both think they are going to win every game by 30 and that every recruit would sell their soul to come to their school.

The most biased shit ive ever seen has been from those 2 schools media

100% correct! Have some rep!

Vandownbytheriver
11-01-2022, 02:41 PM

I did it for a little bit and couldn't handle it. Between the 17-18 year old kids who want you to treat them like gods and the owners of these sites who just make stuff up to drive traffic, it's horrible. And depending on the program, some coaches will get you to outright lie to a kid just to keep him from committing to a school to try to get them to either walk on or be a last minute take. I had to back away.

Vandownbytheriver
11-01-2022, 02:44 PM

And when you add in the Barstool guys too, there's a ton of just crazy stuff out there that is mind boggling to me. It's like the more outlandish and insane you sound, the more traction you get. Every school needs their own Stephen A, Finebaum of Skip now.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2022, 02:52 PM
I did it for a little bit and couldn't handle it. Between the 17-18 year old kids who want you to treat them like gods and the owners of these sites who just make stuff up to drive traffic, it's horrible. And depending on the program, some coaches will get you to outright lie to a kid just to keep him from committing to a school to try to get them to either walk on or be a last minute take. I had to back away.

Smart move. College football and basketball is a dirty business and cutthroat at every level.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2022, 02:52 PM
And when you add in the Barstool guys too, there's a ton of just crazy stuff out there that is mind boggling to me. It's like the more outlandish and insane you sound, the more traction you get. Every school needs their own Stephen A, Finebaum of Skip now.

More over the top the better with these guys.