10-30-2022, 02:04 PM
Or should I say the fighting Cohens?

msstate7
10-30-2022, 02:04 PM
We cover, 31-17

Quaoarsking
10-30-2022, 02:09 PM
We cover, 31-17

I think we do better than that, honestly. We'll beat them harder than we beat Arkansas or A&M. Will Rogers tends to take out his frustrations on bad teams in games like this.

Coach34
10-30-2022, 02:09 PM
Bama -13 vs LSU
Georgia -8.5 vs Tenn

State82
10-30-2022, 02:10 PM
That's more than I thought it would be.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-30-2022, 02:13 PM
If the offense is working we will win by a lot. If not we will lose. Cant be a repeat of KY game. Have to establish the run and have a little tempo.

Leroy Jenkins
10-30-2022, 02:16 PM
Or should I say the fighting Cohens?

Not touching that line. I've seen our defense try to feebly chase a mobile QB. We have the slowest LB corps in the SEC, and there is no one on the scout team to give them a good look anyway.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2022, 02:17 PM
We've been a different team at home this year and I expect a score similar to how we've beat every team at home this year. We'll be in the 40s and they'll be 14-20

State82
10-30-2022, 02:22 PM
If the offense is working we will win by a lot. If not we will lose. Cant be a repeat of KY game. Have to establish the run and have a little tempo.
Yeah probably all or nothing. We either cover or lose.

R2Dawg
10-30-2022, 02:32 PM
Game is now the Cohen Bowl.

Quaoarsking
10-30-2022, 02:35 PM
Game is now the Cohen Bowl.

We should have a halftime ceremony where Cohen changes from a maroon jacket to an orange one and spends the rest of the game on the Auburn sideline. Then he can ride back with his new team.

R2Dawg
10-30-2022, 02:37 PM
If Aub has quit, we'll cover assuming we do our typical show up at home performance. If Aub hasn't quit or we don't play to our potential at home, game will be a tough.

WhiskeyPirate
10-30-2022, 02:38 PM
Auburn is not a passing threat at all. Their O line is also not that good. Teams stack the box on them.

I’d take LSU and the points right now, unless the officials make it two hand touch rules against Bryce again because he’s got a sore shoulder.

msu15
10-30-2022, 02:54 PM
I still think Derrick Hall is going to be a huge deciding factor.

parabrave
10-30-2022, 03:32 PM
Bama -13 vs LSU
Georgia -8.5 vs Tenn

Wow. I'll take LSU and Tenn plus the points and UGA to win. Bama LSU gonna be close.

KOdawg1
10-30-2022, 04:24 PM
Well we're at home so that's probably about right.

We'd probably 17 around and lose this if it were on the road

Coach34
10-30-2022, 05:00 PM
our line is already down to -10.5

Cooterpoot
10-30-2022, 05:37 PM
We lose to Auburn and there's a good chance Cohen won't be the last person leaving this year.

99jc
10-30-2022, 06:01 PM
Bama -13 vs LSU
Georgia -8.5 vs Tenn

TAKE TENN.. I tried to tell you last week on Kentucky pay attention.

Quaoarsking
10-30-2022, 06:06 PM
We lose to Auburn and there's a good chance Cohen won't be the last person leaving this year.

You really want us to lose to Auburn, but you're not going to get your wish.

WhiskeyPirate
10-30-2022, 06:11 PM
You really want us to lose to Auburn, but you're not going to get your wish.

Leach could lose to auburn and he is still not going any where. Very unlikely we will, which is why the line will keep moving.

I think we give Georgia a good shot but I’m counting that as an L. I think the officials would stop the game if we were going to beat Georgia somehow.

Goldendawg
10-30-2022, 06:15 PM
I think we do better than that, honestly. We'll beat them harder than we beat Arkansas or A&M. Will Rogers tends to take out his frustrations on bad teams in games like this.

So he (and the team), have frustrations against good teams? This is why we can't build momentum and keep our fans on a roller coaster. See LSU and especially KY.

WhiskeyPirate
10-30-2022, 06:20 PM
So he (and the team), have frustrations against good teams? This is why we can't build momentum and keep our fans on a roller coaster. See LSU and especially KY.

LSU is a top 10 team, losing to LSU and Alabama on the road is really not something I’m upset about. I don’t think we are a top 10 team. We are probably around #20.

Kentucky we laid an egg.

Goldendawg
10-30-2022, 06:37 PM
LSU is a top 10 team, losing to LSU and Alabama on the road is really not something I’m upset about. I don’t think we are a top 10 team. We are probably around #20.

Kentucky we laid an egg.

#20 if we finish 8-4.

WhiskeyPirate
10-30-2022, 06:46 PM
#20 if we finish 8-4.

Yea, I’m just saying in my opinion we are in that #20-#25 range as a team. Whether we finish 7-5 or 8-4 that’s about how good we are. If we go 7-5 we probably don’t get ranked unless we win a bowl game.

Quaoarsking
10-30-2022, 07:27 PM
I think we give Georgia a good shot but I’m counting that as an L.

Just looking at the 3 resumes and taking the emotion out of it, I'm pretty comfortable saying we're more likely to beat Georgia than lose to Auburn.

CoachT14
10-30-2022, 07:33 PM

Kentucky we laid an egg.

Top 10 teams don’t get blown out at home.

Quaoarsking
10-30-2022, 07:40 PM
Top 10 teams don’t get blown out at home.

Except when they do, right?

Jack Lambert
10-30-2022, 07:52 PM
Maybe not having a home game in three weeks and game at night the crowd will be big. Give these guys a true home field advantage.

WhiskeyPirate
10-30-2022, 08:14 PM
Big drop off from top four of Georgia, Bama, Ohio State and Tennessee to the number ten team. Is LSU better than TCU , UCLA, USC, Utah,Oregon, Ole Miss , Kansas State ? You bet they are. Clemson is not that good and I don’t think Michigan would win at LSU right now. Michigan and Clemson are ranked number four and five.

ETA : most of those teams in that 7-12 range could not beat us at home. And I think Clemson would really struggle.

BeardoMSU
10-31-2022, 11:58 AM
Aaaaaand, Auburn fires Harsin....

Wonder how that will effect the game, lol.

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1587125851593793536?s=20&t=2XsRaiUwHrjmC9UkV1tXPA

Coach34
10-31-2022, 12:34 PM
line on our game went from -10.5 last night to -13.5 now

msstate7
10-31-2022, 12:40 PM

I don't understand that. Maybe I'm selectively remembering, but it seems interim coaches almost always see a bump in team performance

HancockCountyDog
10-31-2022, 12:46 PM
I don't understand that. Maybe I'm selectively remembering, but it seems interim coaches almost always see a bump in team performance

Nah - they may play hard for a quarter, but the first bad thing that happens and they quit.

Plus, with the portal you are going to have kids that want to protect their body so they can have all the transfer options.

msstate7
10-31-2022, 12:53 PM
Nah - they may play hard for a quarter, but the first bad thing that happens and they quit.

Plus, with the portal you are going to have kids that want to protect their body so they can have all the transfer options.

Only 2 examples this season I can think of is Nebraska and GT. Both interims won their first 2 games. Now they've both lost their last 2.

DownwardDawg
10-31-2022, 01:18 PM
We're coming off a bye week. We'll look like crap in the first half. I think we win but not a blowout.

WhiskeyPirate
10-31-2022, 01:32 PM
If we are healthy We will be in control the whole game, interim or no interim. We aren’t good enough to play without sharp and Johnson.

Bothrops
10-31-2022, 01:37 PM
We're coming off a bye week. We'll look like crap in the first half. I think we win but not a blowout.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game was damn near tied at the half. We always look shitty after bye weeks

State82
10-31-2022, 03:40 PM

Tom Luginbill said this morning he thought we would cover that with some to spare.

NCDawg
10-31-2022, 03:43 PM
Auburn is not a passing threat at all. Their O line is also not that good. Teams stack the box on them.

I?d take LSU and the points right now, unless the officials make it two hand touch rules against Bryce again because he?s got a sore shoulder.

I heard Kentucky's OL wasn't that good either, and they knocked us around and physically beat us. I don't take any team we play for granted.

RezDog7
10-31-2022, 03:46 PM
Only 2 examples this season I can think of is Nebraska and GT. Both interims won their first 2 games. Now they've both lost their last 2.

Cadillac Williams named interim. We're doomed. I still have nightmares about that guy gashing our defense.

HancockCountyDog
10-31-2022, 03:49 PM

Frost was fired after 3 games - the fourth game they lost 49-14 after putting up a small fight in the first quarter.

AU is a mess - my guess is the line gets up to 14.5 by kickoff.

msstate7
10-31-2022, 03:55 PM
Cadillac Williams named interim. We're doomed. I still have nightmares about that guy gashing our defense.

Cadillac? I didn't even know he was coaching. He was so much fun to watch in college.

msstate7
10-31-2022, 03:56 PM
Frost was fired after 3 games - the fourth game they lost 49-14 after putting up a small fight in the first quarter.

AU is a mess - my guess is the line gets up to 14.5 by kickoff.

Good catch. I thought he started 2-0

Commercecomet24
10-31-2022, 05:44 PM
At the rate they're firing coaches there won't be anyone left to coach Saturday. They fired 4 more assets today including the oc

EdwardDrayton
10-31-2022, 07:47 PM
We should have a halftime ceremony where Cohen changes from a maroon jacket to an orange one and spends the rest of the game on the Auburn sideline. Then he can ride back with his new team.

My alternative version is we beat them by 40 and Leach rails in the on-field postgame interview we will never have unisex bathrooms at Dawg U.

WhiskeyPirate
10-31-2022, 07:51 PM
My alternative version is we beat them by 40 and Leach rails in the on-field postgame interview we will never have unisex bathrooms at Dawg U.

Rep

Pancho
11-01-2022, 07:05 AM
where will cohen sit at davis wade on saturday for the game?

Leroy Jenkins
11-01-2022, 07:11 AM
This will be his best shot at a sellout.

basedog
11-01-2022, 07:33 AM
Teams in this situation go two ways with a major change in the staff, but in this situation and the times that have changed with NIL and portals, I see Auburn being not prepared to play Saturday.
Some players could care less, some are hurt and then some are glad. Way too much distraction, we should roll and be much more prepared and we are playing for more than what Auburn is playing for.

42-17

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 08:17 AM
Right, sometimes teams circle the wagon and play above their heads. I think the problem is we have also circled the wagons and come out with the same hard nosed attitude we came out with at Alabama.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2022, 08:49 AM
Teams in this situation go two ways with a major change in the staff, but in this situation and the times that have changed with NIL and portals, I see Auburn being not prepared to play Saturday.
Some players could care less, some are hurt and then some are glad. Way too much distraction, we should roll and be much more prepared and we are playing for more than what Auburn is playing for.

42-17

Y'all listen to Base, he's right.

State82
11-01-2022, 08:55 AM
This will definitely create chaos in the AU locker room. Will it be controlled chaos or bottom falling out chaos? Who knows. But it won't affect our locker room at all. The players probably don't give two damns about John Cohen because they don't deal with him. All of their coaches are in place and it's business as usual. Handle that business and there should not be a major problem. Go out and half ass everything then you will get beat just like you would in most games against a conference foe.

LC Dawg
11-01-2022, 12:23 PM

42-17

If it doesn't happen somewhat close to this our staff and players have done something really wrong.

TrapGame
11-01-2022, 12:48 PM
This will definitely create chaos in the AU locker room. Will it be controlled chaos or bottom falling out chaos? Who knows. But it won't affect our locker room at all. The players probably don't give two damns about John Cohen because they don't deal with him. All of their coaches are in place and it's business as usual. Handle that business and there should not be a major problem. Go out and half ass everything then you will get beat just like you would in most games against a conference foe.

An Auburn beat writer was on Chuck Oliver and he said Cadillac Williams was told to at least keep it competitive in these last few games. He said it's bad. They've lost most of the Boise State people Harsin brought with him. It's a skeleton crew coaching.

parabrave
11-01-2022, 01:00 PM
An Auburn beat writer was on Chuck Oliver and he said Cadillac Williams was told to at least keep it competitive in these last few games. He said it's bad. They've lost most of the Boise State people Harsin brought with him. It's a skeleton crew coaching.

Trap just remember we won a Gator Bowl with an interm Coach and not even a skeleton staff with a freshman QB.

msstate7
11-01-2022, 01:06 PM
Firing basically a whole staff midseason is one of the craziest things I've ever saw

TrapGame
11-01-2022, 01:11 PM
Trap just remember we won a Gator Bowl with an interm Coach and not even a skeleton staff with a freshman QB.

Quite true PB, but, we had a month to prepare for Louisville. They've got a week to prepare for us. And I dare say our locker room was much more sound at that time than theirs' is right now.

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 01:17 PM
Firing basically a whole staff midseason is one of the craziest things I've ever saw

Rich inmates(boosters) are running the asylum

parabrave
11-01-2022, 01:28 PM
We are about to see Tank break a SEC record for Rushes Sat.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2022, 01:30 PM
Quite true PB, but, we had a month to prepare for Louisville. They've got a week to prepare for us. And I dare say our locker room was much more sound at that time than theirs' is right now.

Not even a week, they have 4 days and no oc and most of staff gone.

TrapGame
11-01-2022, 01:33 PM
Not even a week, they have 4 days and no oc and most of staff gone.

If Cadillac Williams can control the locker room and put together a game plan in 4 days that beats us at home, after a bye, at night then hire him ASAP.

PikeDawg15
11-01-2022, 01:37 PM
I dont think Auburn will beat us Saturday

Maybe it will be closer than some of us think

38-28 State

Commercecomet24
11-01-2022, 01:38 PM
If Cadillac Williams can control the locker room and put together a game plan in 4 days that beats us at home, after a bye, at night then hire him ASAP.

If i had to guess I would think auburn comes out kinda fired up for the first quarter maybe and then loses steam and they fold up pretty quick. That happens as much or more often than the interim coach "pulling them all together"

basedog
11-01-2022, 01:45 PM
If i had to guess I would think auburn comes out kinda fired up for the first quarter maybe and then loses steam and they fold up pretty quick. That happens as much or more often than the interim coach "pulling them all together"

I agree, it could even be close at halftime which Auburn has played most teams ok for a half. I just don't see them caring too much about the rest of the year, it's late in the season and with all the firings many will be wondering who the new coach will be and what the future looks like for them moving forward. Auburn can't be too focused enough to beat us in Stark Vegas and don't think. This game is very important for us moving forward, if not then we got issues.

parabrave
11-01-2022, 01:46 PM
WR should break Costellos TD record Sat!

Commercecomet24
11-01-2022, 01:51 PM
I agree, it could even be close at halftime which Auburn has played most teams ok for a half. I just don't see them caring too much about the rest of the year, it's late in the season and with all the firings many will be wondering who the new coach will be and what the future looks like for them moving forward. Auburn can't be too focused enough to beat us in Stark Vegas and don't think. This game is very important for us moving forward, if not then we got issues.

Agreed on all. With the landscape of college football(i.e. transfers, nil, and such) there's gonna be a lot of their players that are just trying to finish the season without getting hurt and will be playing at half speed. These kids are making "business decisions" now instead of just playing football. 25-30 years ago you probably would've had a lot of them playing for school pride and such but those days are long gone.

Kingbarkus
11-01-2022, 02:29 PM
I dont think Auburn will beat us Saturday

Maybe it will be closer than some of us think

38-28 StateI'm inclined to agree with this post. I saw a sharp this morning saying Auburn had a chance and that we were on a season decline. I don't agree with that sentiment but we need to be focused Saturday. I can't process a broken Auburn team coming in and beating us. I know GaTech did well when their coach was canned (beating Pitt on the road), but we have a lot to play for. I would be extremely disappointed to lose this game.

RezDog7
11-01-2022, 02:45 PM
I'm inclined to agree with this post. I saw a sharp this morning saying Auburn had a chance and that we were on a season decline. I don't agree with that sentiment but we need to be focused Saturday. I can't process a broken Auburn team coming in and beating us. I know GaTech did well when their coach was canned (beating Pitt on the road), but we have a lot to play for. I would be extremely disappointed to lose this game.

If Leach loses this game he should be fired immediately. Hell, if it's close I would fire him.

TrapGame
11-01-2022, 02:50 PM
If Leach loses this game he should be fired immediately. Hell, if it's close I would fire him.

I'm a Leach Lover but I agree with this 100%. We should win by at least two touchdowns.

msstate7
11-01-2022, 02:54 PM
Just beat em. Looks like we gonna be dealing with 2 things we don't handle well - a bye and rain

parabrave
11-01-2022, 02:57 PM
Just beat em. Looks like we gonna be dealing with 2 things we don't handle well - a bye and rain

We have a run game now; if we utilize it properly. BTW what is the prognosis on Johnson and Sharp??

LC Dawg
11-01-2022, 03:56 PM

Damn, I didn't know about the rain until reading this. I was looking forward to a great day of tailgating and football.
What a shitty home slate so far with the rain and 11:00 kickoffs.

TrapGame
11-01-2022, 04:02 PM

We handled the rain during the Memphis game just fine.

msstate7
11-01-2022, 04:51 PM
We handled the rain during the Memphis game just fine.

Hopefully we do it again.

RocketDawg
11-01-2022, 06:34 PM
Us losing our AD is a lot less of an impact on this weekend's game for us as Auburn losing their coach is to them. I think. Half our fans probably don't even know who John Cohen is.

Catfish
11-01-2022, 06:39 PM
Us losing our AD is a lot less of an impact on this weekend's game for us as Auburn losing their coach is to them. I think. Half our fans probably don't even know who John Cohen is.

LOL, that is so true. The only way to keep up with who's going where is right here on ED. ****

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 06:43 PM
LOL, that is so true. The only way to keep up with who's going where is right here on ED. ****

This board has better discussion than any of the other boards by far. I am surprised to hear myself say that.

Catfish
11-01-2022, 06:46 PM
This board has better discussion than any of the other boards by far. I am surprised to hear myself say that.

That really is true. Rep, after I spread some more around.

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 06:47 PM
That really is true. Rep!!

Not much competition to be honest though

Lol, kind of like the tallest midget

Goldendawg
11-01-2022, 10:58 PM

The body language of their players got worse as the Arky game got out of hand.

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 11:02 PM
I think we come out more hard nosed than we have all year

Leroy Jenkins
11-07-2022, 08:58 AM
Not touching that line. I've seen our defense try to feebly chase a mobile QB. We have the slowest LB corps in the SEC, and there is no one on the scout team to give them a good look anyway.

Boys, if I tell you a rooster dips snuff, you better check under his wing for a can. *