PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- We Can't Even Beat Off Edition

Coach34
10-30-2022, 11:30 AM
1. Rainy day eliminated the grill from being an option which made Little 34 mad because he wanted a thick ol ribeye like his brother got last week. Forced me to have to go to his favorite- spaghetti- for the big meal of the day. 6'3 at 13 and cant gain weight. Damn basketball player.

2. Not sure of the outcome on Cohen but it sounds as if he is gone or this wouldnt have leaked and we wouldnt already be talking to candidates. Heard all that was left was a couple of details of his contract. There may be some Auburn pushback- but the ones that matter already knew about Cohen. Auburn doesnt make a move without their Big Tiger/Eagle/Plainsmen knowing. So it appears we are losing our AD on an off week. I dont believe for a second he was told to look around or his job was tied to Leach. He was probably just mad about the Drag Show being cancelled. Bert Stare may not know anything- but he is right that this could lead to the Pirate heading to Key West for good. New AD's lead to coaching changes way more often than not.

3. How about Tennessee? They are 2022's real deal. Their D really showed up last night and closed out the game when Kentucky was driving before half to tighten the game up. Best offense in the country. Physical. Can toss it around. Great speed at WR. Better O than Georgia. Georgia has the better D. Georgia is at home. Should be a great game. I lean Tennessee but this game is a toss-up.

4. Mississippi wins again. Not sure why some of you keep doubting Lame. Lame is doing a great job at that shitty school. They are going to get B2B 10 wins. Has them overperforming. Thats what you are looking for when you make a hire. Heup and Lame have been HR hires.

5. Road Kentucky and Home Kentucky are two different animals.

6. UPig put it on Auburn in a battle of physical football teams. Auburn will be physical with us if they dont quit. But I dont think they can muster enough offense to beat us.

7. A&M is hating life right now. Nice job Jimbo. I do think he has finally found his QB tho. Weigman should have started before now. Dumbo said he simplified the O and went to the Freshman. Should have done that a month ago.

8. Bama/LSU and Georgia/Tenn next week. UPig/Liberty wont be bad to watch either. Fla at A&M in the Loser will really hate Life game. Great weekend of football coming up. Mississippi gets an off week at the right time to get healthier and work on some things. Wont help them for Bammer but they will likely compete with them better than we did.

9. SC choked at home yesterday. Tough loss for the Cocks. Fortunately they get Vandy next to make them feel better.

10. My college playoff guess today would be Tenn, Georgia, Clemson, and Ohio State. TCU could possibly sneak in over a 1 loss Tenn or Georgia and that would be a shame.

Hail State

AlSwearengen
10-30-2022, 11:51 AM
What is this “drag show” business that I keep seeing referred too?

PikeDawg15
10-30-2022, 11:53 AM
What is this “drag show” business that I keep seeing referred too?

The cohen family are big liberals

Their daughter is now their son

John?s wife is a big person in the Starkville LGBT club

DownwardDawg
10-30-2022, 11:56 AM
I disagree on the thread title. We didn't just beat off, we absolutely crushed off!!!! What should have been a boring Saturday for us turned out to be potentially really good for the football program and better yet for this board!!! This board was extremely entertaining yesterday!!!

DownwardDawg
10-30-2022, 11:57 AM

I knew about number 1. Surely you're joking about the other two?!?!

parabrave
10-30-2022, 12:03 PM
On number 4, Dart is on a Relf level of passing but they have something that I noticed last night that should concern us. They have a 1 - 2 punch at RB with Junkins hammering between the tackles and Evans on the ends. Now TAMs run defense is bad but as we have seen our run D can be gashed.

Santiago
10-30-2022, 12:04 PM
I don't know why, but I read on another board Rosebowl is hanging out on the Auburn 247 board post clarifications about Cohen to their fanbase. He seems a little too involved in supporting Cohen, but he is over there posting about his good relationship with Butch and Pearl, and the good hires he has made, etc.....and yet this is not even official yet.

AlSwearengen
10-30-2022, 12:14 PM

I knew about all of this.

Santiago
10-30-2022, 12:18 PM
Wasn't there some posts here a couple years ago about how his wife was "woking" up the place in the athletic department.

Coach34
10-30-2022, 12:22 PM
I don't know why, but I read on another board Rosebowl is hanging out on the Auburn 247 board post clarifications about Cohen to their fanbase. He seems a little too involved in supporting Cohen, but he is over there posting about his good relationship with Butch and Pearl, and the good hires he has made, etc.....and yet this is not even official yet.

Rosey and Cohen have been buddies for awhile.

WhiskeyPirate
10-30-2022, 12:28 PM

Maybe Leach will be allowed to tweet uncensored now

Dawgface
10-30-2022, 12:36 PM
Rosey and Cohen have been buddies for awhile.

Rosey can kiss my stinky ass. Scratch that.....I don't want him anywhere near me. Can't stand that guy. He's about as bad of a look as the face of the bulldogs as Fienbaum is the face of the SEC.

WhiskeyPirate
10-30-2022, 12:38 PM
Rosey can kiss my stinky ass. Scratch that.....I don't want him anywhere near me. Can't stand that guy. He's about as bad of a look as the face of the bulldogs as Fienbaum is the face of the SEC.

That whole site is bad trash. Circle jerk of epic proportions.

Santiago
10-30-2022, 12:41 PM

He is definitely doing the bidding for his buddy Cohen on getting Auburn fans on board for him.

PikeDawg15
10-30-2022, 12:45 PM

Not joking about any of that at all.

Saltydog
10-30-2022, 12:54 PM

No, he's not joking. This has been well known for some time. I am a bit confused though. I thought their son was now their daughter? Could Leach and Cohen be any further apart on the political labeling line?

HoopsDawg
10-30-2022, 01:00 PM
That whole site is bad trash. Circle jerk of epic proportions.

we finally agree on something

State82
10-30-2022, 01:10 PM
I thought their son was now their daughter?

Other way around. So to speak.

Santiago
10-30-2022, 01:24 PM
Now on the Auburn 247 site they are starting to discover Mrs. Cohen's politics and posting about it. Cohen starting to get a backlash now. I think they are more about not wanting anyone politically active.

msstate7
10-30-2022, 01:36 PM
Now on the Auburn 247 site they are starting to discover Mrs. Cohen's politics and posting about it. Cohen starting to get a backlash now. I think they are more about not wanting anyone politically active.

If Cohen ends up neither job, I'm gonna lmao

WhiskeyPirate
10-30-2022, 01:37 PM

Cohen is going to be hired there. Their advocacy and woke politics won’t be popular at Auburn. Politics has been a player under the surface for a while.

Saltydog
10-30-2022, 01:39 PM
If Cohen ends up neither job, I'm gonna lmao

Maybe he can take Polk's old job at UAB.....

Todd4State
10-30-2022, 01:39 PM

Is Auburn that much more liberal than Starkville though? I kind of doubt it.

dawgday166
10-30-2022, 01:41 PM

A somewhat educated guess is most likely not. Alabama as a whole is much more staunchly red than MS is. Very conservative state.

DownwardDawg
10-30-2022, 01:45 PM
No, he's not joking. This has been well known for some time. I am a bit confused though. I thought their son was now their daughter? Could Leach and Cohen be any further apart on the political labeling line?

I guess I haven't paid attention or don't care really, but I didn't know about any of that other than him being a liberal. Interesting.
Either way, I wish him and his family well but I'm ready for another Greg Byrne or better.

R2Dawg
10-30-2022, 03:00 PM
Your #5 point, South Carolina says hello to UK at home. UK ain't that good. They have played some suck football at home too.

R2Dawg
10-30-2022, 03:02 PM

Starkville has some liberal leadership but I think as a whole not crazy liberal, maybe I'm wrong. Aub is a larger area so as a whole, I'd say Cohen will be more at home.

msstate7
10-30-2022, 03:12 PM
A somewhat educated guess is most likely not. Alabama as a whole is much more staunchly red than MS is. Very conservative state.

University town though. They rarely conservative

parabrave
10-30-2022, 03:12 PM
One thing that some may be overlooking is the NIL situation, MSU VS Aubbie. MSU doesn't have a golden cash cow. Aubbie has one big one and probably a few others. Heck we have to rob peter to pay paul for NIL deals.

BuckyIsAB****
10-30-2022, 03:25 PM
Im shocked yall haven?t put OM in the playoff

Todd4State
10-30-2022, 03:26 PM
One thing that some may be overlooking is the NIL situation, MSU VS Aubbie. MSU doesn't have a golden cash cow. Aubbie has one big one and probably a few others. Heck we have to rob peter to pay paul for NIL deals.

Yeah. But Cohen isn't suddenly going to know how to handle that because he isn't at MSU anymore.

WhiskeyPirate
10-30-2022, 03:34 PM

Agree.

Santiago
10-30-2022, 03:37 PM
Your #5 point, South Carolina says hello to UK at home. UK ain't that good. They have played some suck football at home too.

Kentucky had to play the backup QB the whole game. Was a drop off from Levis.

Coach34
10-30-2022, 03:44 PM

They played that one without Levis. Get a pass for that. Like if we played an SEC team at home without Rogers.

William Tecumsah Sherman
10-30-2022, 04:15 PM
Female trans to male in this situation.

KOdawg1
10-30-2022, 04:22 PM
He's probably still going to Auburn but if for some reason he doesn't, there's no way he can come back right? I mean that's like me telling the world "Hey I'm leaving my wife for this other woman." and then the other woman turns me down and I come back to my wife like "uhhh so hey honey."

But I'm not freaking out over this like some are. I didn't hate Cohen but I'm not going to act like he was this dynamite AD that can't be replaced. The idea of a fresh face with fresh ideas for our athletic department is exciting for me. For the first time in years, we'll (hopefully) have an AD without MSU connections.

Quaoarsking
10-30-2022, 05:07 PM
Why someone would care about the political beliefs of their Athletic Director's wife is beyond me. Are people really that deluded and tribalistic that they can't have someone administrate their sports teams who happens to be married to someone who votes differently than them? Do they also make such demands in their personal lives, jobs, schools, etc.? Do they demand their dentist's spouse conform to their political beliefs, or that the person who helps them at Home Depot align their votes?

I can't remember anyone ever discussing Stricklin, Byrne, LT's wives like this, from any side of the aisle.

DownwardDawg
10-30-2022, 05:28 PM
Why someone would care about the political beliefs of their Athletic Director's wife is beyond me. Are people really that deluded and tribalistic that they can't have someone administrate their sports teams who happens to be married to someone who votes differently than them? Do they also make such demands in their personal lives, jobs, schools, etc.? Do they demand their dentist's spouse conform to their political beliefs, or that the person who helps them at Home Depot align their votes?

I can't remember anyone ever discussing Stricklin, Byrne, LT's wives like this, from any side of the aisle.

I'm not sure anyone on this board held any of that against him. Maybe that did. IDK
I certainly don't hold that stuff against anyone. I was just interested in the topic because I had never heard any of it before.
I know there's people that dislike Leach because of his politics. I'm not a big Leach fan but it certainly ain't because of his political beliefs.

PGHBulldogBG
10-30-2022, 05:56 PM

Unfortunately, I really believe people are that deluded to care. That is what happens when you have 2 politically corrupt parties and politicians that don’t want to unite the country.

Homedawg
10-30-2022, 06:39 PM

None of their wives were posting what she was posting. In her position just keep your mouth shut.

msu15
10-30-2022, 06:46 PM

It's the two party system that has long outlived it's usefulness in America.

R2Dawg
10-30-2022, 07:13 PM
They played that one without Levis. Get a pass for that. Like if we played an SEC team at home without Rogers.

Yeah. I still think Levis is over rated. How many picts he throw this year? He's had several pick 6s.

Also Levis don't play defense. USC put 24 on UK.

Every SEC school is better at home.

Catfish
10-30-2022, 07:15 PM
Every SEC school is better at home.[/QUOTE]

This.

BeardoMSU
10-30-2022, 07:36 PM
just keep your mouth shut.

Clearly married^^^^*****

War Machine Dawg
10-30-2022, 07:51 PM

Like I said in another thread, we hired a Commie to run our athletic department. Get him the hell out yesterday and put in someone who believes in reality.

schddog72
10-30-2022, 08:04 PM
None of their wives were posting what she was posting. In her position just keep your mouth shut.

Not to mention the fact that she supposedly tried to push her liberal agenda/beliefs on to other coaches on staff. See: Vic Schaeffer.

BeardoMSU
10-30-2022, 08:21 PM
Like I said in another thread, we hired a Commie to run our athletic department. Get him the hell out yesterday and put in someone who believes in reality.

You call Cohen a commie (a COMMIE!?!?), while also accusing HIM of somehow being disconnected from reality in the same sentence, lol. Talk about galaxy brain, lol.

Holy shit.

Coach34
10-30-2022, 08:27 PM
Not to mention the fact that she supposedly tried to push her liberal agenda/beliefs on to other coaches on staff. See: Vic Schaeffer.

Vic dug his own grave with his family aka his daughter forcing his ouster.

Coach34
10-30-2022, 08:29 PM
Yeah. I still think Levis is over rated. How many picts he throw this year? He's had several pick 6s.

Also Levis don't play defense. USC put 24 on UK.

Every SEC school is better at home.

We all know a terrible offense can contribute to points being scored on the D. Kentucky’s did that night.

Levis is a top 10 pick so while you may say he is overrated- an NFL team with football scouts are going to draft him Top 10.

Quaoarsking
10-30-2022, 08:33 PM

I'm fairly sure that was just a joke someone put on a message board. How would she be able to do that anyway? Does your boss's wife get to come in and "push an agenda" on you at work?

BeardoMSU
10-30-2022, 08:34 PM
We all know a terrible offense can contribute to points being scored on the D. Kentucky’s did that night.

Levis is a top 10 pick so while you may say he is overrated- an NFL team with football scouts are going to draft him Top 10.

Agreed. Also, his offensive scheme isn't really going out of it's way to feature his skills, also to the detriment of their season.

Goldendawg
10-30-2022, 08:36 PM
Agreed. Also, his offensive scheme isn't really going out of it's way to feature his skills, also to the detriment of their season.

Stoops is very over rated. His success is mainly from playing in the East. He is 0-11 vs. West teams on the road.

BeardoMSU
10-30-2022, 08:42 PM
Stoops is very over rated. His success is mainly from playing in the East. He is 0-11 vs. West teams on the road.

True, but I do think he's a good defensive coach, and he's recruited pretty well considering its at Kentucky. He's done a good job, but him not being poached yet by a bigger boy probably gives credence to your point.

Goldendawg
10-30-2022, 08:47 PM
True, but I do think he's a good defensive coach, and he's recruited pretty well considering its at Kentucky. He's done a good job, but him not being poached yet by a bigger boy probably gives credence to your point.

Maybe he's not as smart as our "current" AD!******

BeardoMSU
10-30-2022, 08:51 PM
Maybe he's not as smart as our "current" AD!******

https://media.tenor.com/runDZmrFmmIAAAAM/oh-well-fine.gif

CaptainObvious
10-30-2022, 08:59 PM

Auburn is a lot more like Ole Miss as far as still holding vestiges of the old south. UAT is the more liberal of the two schools when it comes to political acumen. But on one front Bama is more like Ole Miss. A heavy dose of out of state students from all over the country. Difference being Ole Miss out if staters are there for the party and Bama out of staters are there for football. Alabama probably has more Fans from in state that have never set foot in Bryant Denny than any other School in the nation.

BrunswickDawg
10-30-2022, 09:21 PM
Vic dug his own grave with his family aka his daughter forcing his ouster.

Yeah, you can't put family over the incredible liability created for the university.

Quaoarsking
10-30-2022, 09:21 PM
I don't know that this means a whole lot, because they're not THAT different, but these were the 2020 results of the college counties in AL/MS:

Lee County, AL: Trump 59, Biden 59
Tuscaloosa County, AL: Trump 57, Biden 42
Lafayette County, MS: Trump 55, Biden 43
Oktibbeha County, MS: Biden 52, Trump 46

Starkville and Tuscaloosa have Democratic mayors, Oxford has a former Democrat who's apparently now an Independent, and Auburn has a Republican mayor.

So no, I think it's safe to say Auburn is less liberal than Starkville. However, most people aren't going to use that as a major factor in deciding where to live, especially if they're used to living in the Deep South.

Lord McBuckethead
10-30-2022, 09:33 PM
Well drag shows can happen somewhere else, not during the arts festival.

EdwardDrayton
10-30-2022, 09:33 PM
Auburn’s AAD-Communications probably thinking he does not get paid nearly enough to have to deal with that family dynamic.

BeardoMSU
10-30-2022, 09:38 PM
Well drag shows can happen somewhere else, not during the arts festival.

Don't ever go to New Orleans during Mardi Gras (or anytime, really)...would hate for your life to be ruined...best stay home and watch Veggie Tales re-runs...**

BrunswickDawg
10-30-2022, 09:42 PM
Don't ever go to New Orleans during Mardi Gras (or anytime, really)...would hate for your life to be ruined...best stay home and watch Veggie Tales re-runs...**

I recommend "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything". Seems appropriate for MSU fans.

Todd4State
10-30-2022, 10:33 PM

So many people are dressed up during Mardi Gras it's almost impossible to tell who is and who isn't in drag or not. LOL.

Todd4State
10-30-2022, 10:37 PM
He's probably still going to Auburn but if for some reason he doesn't, there's no way he can come back right? I mean that's like me telling the world "Hey I'm leaving my wife for this other woman." and then the other woman turns me down and I come back to my wife like "uhhh so hey honey."

But I'm not freaking out over this like some are. I didn't hate Cohen but I'm not going to act like he was this dynamite AD that can't be replaced. The idea of a fresh face with fresh ideas for our athletic department is exciting for me. For the first time in years, we'll (hopefully) have an AD without MSU connections.

I don't think we would let Cohen come back- maybe let him stay until Christmas or something. But long term- no.

Reunion Dog
10-30-2022, 11:46 PM
Oxford?s mayor is as Republican as it gets?

msstate7
10-31-2022, 07:00 AM

If you loading up the kids to go to NOLA, you pretty much know what you getting. I would think going to the cotton district in most people's mind is something completely different. I don't care if the cotton district has drag shows, but they are 2 totally different places.

Maroonthirteen
10-31-2022, 08:33 AM
Why someone would care about the political beliefs of their Athletic Director's wife is beyond me.

She made herself and politics known in 2020. She took a shot at MSU fans back in 2020 with a Facebook post. Something about being ashamed of some msu fans or people blah blah blah blah blah.

Maroonthirteen
10-31-2022, 08:35 AM
If you loading up the kids to go to NOLA, you pretty much know what you getting. I would think going to the cotton district in most people's mind is something completely different. I don't care if the cotton district has drag shows, but they are 2 totally different places.

Good post.

Maybe Starkville doesn't want the Cotton District Arts festival to become Mardi Gras. However I digress. Anyone that would compare the two, isn't being logical.

WhiskeyPirate
10-31-2022, 08:54 AM

Apparently the welfare of kids is not a priority for those who want to push woke politics on everybody else.

Quaoarsking
10-31-2022, 08:58 AM
She made herself and politics known in 2020. She took a shot at MSU fans back in 2020 with a Facebook post. Something about being ashamed of some msu fans or people blah blah blah blah blah.

Can you embed the post in question? I suspect 2+ years of "telephone game" has greatly exaggerated what she actually said.

And even if it hasn't, should one ill advised post from years ago be enough to dislike and cancel someone today, and even affect their spouse's employment?

Maroonthirteen
10-31-2022, 09:42 AM
No. I'm not going back two years in her Facebook. You can. Also she has been very open about who and what she supports

I, myself, haven't let her affect my support of MSU athletics. But I can see how being so open about one's politics would create a reaction from others.

With that said, you know good and well. We live in a different time. When every little thing is politicized. Take for example a man wanting to compete in woman's sport in college. What if that issue came to your school? Or conference for you to compete against? How would you want your AD to address that? (All rhetorical Qs). My point is politics are front and center in all things now a days. Unfortunately.

PikeDawg15
10-31-2022, 10:01 AM
I hope Mrs. Cohen enjoys her/his/they's/weirdo's/pedophile stay in the well known liberal stronghold which is Auburn,Alabama

BeardoMSU
10-31-2022, 10:06 AM
I hope Mrs. Cohen enjoys her/his/they's/weirdo's/pedophile stay in the well known liberal stronghold which is Auburn,Alabama

And we've graduated from "commie" to "pedophile"...great job, everyone.

AROB44
10-31-2022, 10:15 AM
I can understand attacking John Cohen.....he is the AD. But, why attack his family? I guess that's what the internet has done to society. I find it to be pretty disgusting.

msstate7
10-31-2022, 10:29 AM
I can understand attacking John Cohen.....he is the AD. But, why attack his family? I guess that's what the internet has done to society. I find it to be pretty disgusting.

I agree with this. Now I don't follow her on Twitter, and apparently there was some hell raised about the cotton district canceling the drag Queen show. If she was one of the ones raising hell, she put herself in the line of fire

DownwardDawg
10-31-2022, 10:56 AM
I agree with this. Now I don't follow her on Twitter, and apparently there was some hell raised about the cotton district canceling the drag Queen show. If she was one of the ones raising hell, she put herself in the line of fire

I agree. If she did that, then she jumped into the fray unfortunately.

Quaoarsking
10-31-2022, 11:09 AM
I agree. If she did that, then she jumped into the fray unfortunately.

Did she? It seems like we (as a community, not either of you personally) are doing her a huge disservice by making up something she might have done and then attacking her for it.

Coach34
10-31-2022, 12:41 PM
While I was obviously joking about Cohen leaving over the drag show- NIL is almost assuredly one of the reasons. At Auburn they will have the money and people in place to handle it. That's been a headache of his since it exploded. There are SEC schools that have raised more money for baseball NIL than we have total for all sports.

msstate7
10-31-2022, 12:46 PM
While I was obviously joking about Cohen leaving over the drag show- NIL is almost assuredly one of the reasons. At Auburn they will have the money and people in place to handle it. That's been a headache of his since it exploded. There are SEC schools that have raised more money for baseball NIL than we have total for all sports.

That last sentence is concerning

WhiskeyPirate
10-31-2022, 01:15 PM

What I have seen from someone who would know, Cohen is not a people person or glad handler and hated to raise money or meet with donors. He basically neglected/refused NIL. That caused some grumbling in the admin.

Auburn is awash with NIl and booster money, it’s on autopilot as far as fund raising. Cohen can just focus on traditional AD duties there and that’s one of the reasons he wanted out.

This is good for MSU if they can bring someone in who is an aggressive NIL guy/fundraiser.

MrCoachKlein
10-31-2022, 03:34 PM
I'm not sure anyone on this board held any of that against him. Maybe that did. IDK
I certainly don't hold that stuff against anyone. I was just interested in the topic because I had never heard any of it before.
I know there's people that dislike Leach because of his politics. I'm not a big Leach fan but it certainly ain't because of his political beliefs.

I don't either until you mutilate children against the will of their parents or advocate children with not fully developed brains to mutilate themselves. That's pure evil to me, and I don't want you or anyone that would put up with you around something I take pride in.

MrCoachKlein
10-31-2022, 03:39 PM

Exactly. Having that stuff in a supposedly 'family friendly' venue is unacceptable. Mardi Gras....you bought the ticket.

Quaoarsking
10-31-2022, 04:01 PM
So in this thread alone, I've learned that John Cohen is a Communist, a pedophile, and he mutilates children against their parents' will. What other skeletons is he hiding? Did he fire the shot on the grassy knoll? Did he help hijack the planes on 9/11? Did he set the fire at Summerhall?

dawgman15
10-31-2022, 04:04 PM
So in this thread alone, I've learned that John Cohen is a Communist, a pedophile, and he mutilates children against their parents' will. What other skeletons is he hiding? Did he fire the shot on the grassy knoll? Did he help hijack the planes on 9/11? Did he set the fire at Summerhall?

He's actually DB Cooper

Catfish
10-31-2022, 04:13 PM

He had a few guest appearances on The X Files too. Dude is scary.

Johnson85
10-31-2022, 04:21 PM

To be fair, I think the pedophile was in reference to his wife, not him?

I mean, I do think AD is one of those positions that is public enough and paid enough that it's not unreasonable to expect the spouse to be a team player and not be throwing grenades in public. But I've also never seen any of her statements reported on, and they've never showed up in any social media that I've see. Hell, I don't even know what she looks like. So that makes me think maybe she isn't out there doing bat shit crazy stuff in public? Other than here or sixpack, I'm not sure where people are seeing or hearing about these positions she is taking.

Jarius
11-01-2022, 10:56 AM
As someone who has and never will vote democrat in my life, I want the Starkville nightlife to be much closer to New Orleans than any small-time republican town in the country. We need our bar scene to be legit, and quite frankly it sucks. Now drag shows during the middle of the day I can do without, but I am all for doing whatever it takes to grow our nightlife in the town.

Johnson85
11-01-2022, 11:09 AM
As someone who has and never will vote democrat in my life, I want the Starkville nightlife to be much closer to New Orleans than any small-time republican town in the country. We need our bar scene to be legit, and quite frankly it sucks. Now drag shows during the middle of the day I can do without, but I am all for doing whatever it takes to grow our nightlife in the town.

To be clear, it's not I think about the drag show being in the middle of the day as much as it was about it being in public. If the CDAF had gotten a bar with an 18+ requirement to enter to host a drag show during CDAF at 2pm, then I doubt it would have been that big of a deal. I'm sure some people would have complained and boycotted over it, but if you take out the grooming part of it, it just doesn't move the needle much with most people.

DeputyDawg94
11-01-2022, 09:46 PM
I have not seen anything Mrs. Cohen has supposedly tweeted or posted on other social media. I just got back on twitter because Elon may do it right. I don’t care what she posted! If she posted anything about liberal politics it’s her right. What bothers me is if CMLs wife posted something the exact opposite of what I’m hearing Mrs. Cohen posted he would probably be run out of town and would never be allowed to coach again because apparently political opinion is worse than calling hookers for recruits. That’s what’s dividing our country. It’s OK to have different views. Again, I don’t care what his or hers politics are. Just win baby!

I’m also shocked this thread has not been shut down yet.

Catfish
11-01-2022, 09:52 PM
I have not seen anything Mrs. Cohen has supposedly tweeted or posted on other social media. I just got back on twitter because Elon may do it right. I don’t care what she posted! If she posted anything about liberal politics it’s her right. What bothers me is if CMLs wife posted something the exact opposite of what I’m hearing Mrs. Cohen posted he would probably be run out of town and would never be allowed to coach again because apparently political opinion is worse than calling hookers for recruits. That’s what’s dividing our country. It’s OK to have different views. Again, I don’t care what his or hers politics are. Just win baby!

I’m also shocked this thread has not been shut down yet.

Good post and you're spot on, especially about CML's wife posting something conservative.

Quaoarsking
11-01-2022, 11:20 PM
I have not seen anything Mrs. Cohen has supposedly tweeted or posted on other social media. I just got back on twitter because Elon may do it right. I don’t care what she posted! If she posted anything about liberal politics it’s her right. What bothers me is if CMLs wife posted something the exact opposite of what I’m hearing Mrs. Cohen posted he would probably be run out of town and would never be allowed to coach again because apparently political opinion is worse than calling hookers for recruits. That’s what’s dividing our country. It’s OK to have different views. Again, I don’t care what his or hers politics are. Just win baby!.

Good post and you're spot on, especially about CML's wife posting something conservative.

Are you fuсking kidding? He's not even close to being right. Few if anyone would care if Mike Leach's wife or even Mike Leach himself posted something conservative onto Twitter.

Case in point, this Tweet from Dan Mullen's own official account while he was our head coach:
https://twitter.com/CoachDanMullen/status/756286350140334080

I like many of our fans disagreed with this Tweet and didn't think it was exactly appropriate for a head football coach to be making partisan Tweets in any direction, but nobody tried to "run him out of town" or whatever for posting that. Mrs. Mullen never received the vitriol or hatred from the left side of our fanbase like Mrs. Cohen does from the right side of it (even though no one can seem to even find what she supposedly said, it's all just rumors and innuendos), because the indignant anger over the idea of someone having a different political viewpoint is concentrated a lot more on the Mullenѕ' side of the aisle than it is on side that the Cohens are reportedly on.

Jarius
11-02-2022, 09:09 AM
Are you fuсking kidding? He's not even close to being right. Few if anyone would care if Mike Leach's wife or even Mike Leach himself posted something conservative onto Twitter.

Case in point, this Tweet from Dan Mullen's own official account while he was our head coach:
https://twitter.com/CoachDanMullen/status/756286350140334080

I like many of our fans disagreed with this Tweet and didn't think it was exactly appropriate for a head football coach to be making partisan Tweets in any direction, but nobody tried to "run him out of town" or whatever for posting that. Mrs. Mullen never received the vitriol or hatred from the left side of our fanbase like Mrs. Cohen does from the right side of it (even though no one can seem to even find what she supposedly said, it's all just rumors and innuendos), because the indignant anger over the idea of someone having a different political viewpoint is concentrated a lot more on the Mullenѕ' side of the aisle than it is on side that the Cohens are reportedly on.

Cancel culture is almost 100 % democrat driven. I personally agree with a lot of ideas from that side of the aisle (and disagree with some as well), but your last sentence is nowhere near reality. Everyone in this country is walking around on eggshells trying not to offend anyone because of that side of the aisle, not "Mullen's side".

Quaoarsking
11-02-2022, 09:32 AM
Cancel culture is almost 100 % democrat driven. I personally agree with a lot of ideas from that side of the aisle (and disagree with some as well), but your last sentence is nowhere near reality. Everyone in this country is walking around on eggshells trying not to offend anyone because of that side of the aisle, not "Mullen's side".

That's the narrative, but nothing about this board or SPS backs it up. Dozens of people across the boards have complained about the Cohens' politics, called Nelle a bitch and worse, called John a Communist and a pedophile, said that he should be fired for that reason alone, said that liberals should not be allowed to even have that job, etc., all over something that was supposedly put on Facebook but no one can even remember or produce exactly what was said.

Similarly, our wbb coach tweets out that she's proud to live in a country that's willing to elect a black woman to be VP (yes that's technically political, but it's pretty innocuous for a political Tweet) and dozens of people across the boards are enraged, some wanting her fired and/or promising never to support the team again.

On the other hand, Mullen and Leach are clearly more publicly political than Cohen or NMP ever have been, but I don't recall anyone on these boards ever attacking them for that, if someone ever did it was an isolated incident and much smaller magnitude. Case in point, I love both of them and don't care in the slightest that they don't vote like I do.

Maybe the narrative is wrong. At the very least it's flipped when it comes to the online Mississippi State fanbase.

dawgman15
11-02-2022, 09:43 AM
I saw Nelle Cohens tweet a couple years ago was it real I dont know. If it was real then the only thing I took from it was that they failed as parents by raising a transgender child.

Quaoarsking
11-02-2022, 09:55 AM
^^

I think I can rest my case. You just don't see liberals on these boards making personal attacks on Mullen or Leach's family like that. I think it's a total difference in mindset.

Johnson85
11-02-2022, 09:56 AM

This is apples and oranges. Nobody cares that Cohen or his wife is a democrat. Nobody cared that Megan was a republican. If Leach's wife posted something along the lines of "only women can have babies" or "transgenderism is a mental health issue that needs to be addressed and we shouldn't mutilate people because they have meantl health issues" there absolutely would be people going ape shit to have Leach fired. At Mississippi state, he'd be completely safe (I think). But as much vitriol as you may see on a message board (which is not real life), I'm not aware of anybody trying to get Cohen fired over his wife and if she was openly and strongly in favor of abortion, nobody would be trying to fire cohen. If you move to a strongly leftist state, the pro transgenderism or abortion tweets wouldn't have any negative impact, but the same likely could not be said for tweets questioning surgery as a treatment for transgenderism.

Johnson85
11-02-2022, 09:57 AM
^^

I think I can rest my case. You just don't see liberals on these boards making personal attacks on Mullen or Leach's family like that. I think it's a total difference in mindset.

You are comparing a message board in one of the most socially conservative areas of the country to real life in general. Random posts on sports message boards don't get people fired.

Quaoarsking
11-02-2022, 10:00 AM
Nobody cares that Cohen or his wife is a democrat.

Apparently people do, judging by the posts on this board and SPS.

Quaoarsking
11-02-2022, 10:02 AM
You are comparing a message board in one of the most socially conservative areas of the country to real life in general. Random posts on sports message boards don't get people fired.

The population of these 2 particular message boards is only slightly more conservative than the national average if that. But even if you want to contest that, the vitriolic political attacks per capita are strongly concentrated on the right.

Maybe we just have above average liberals and below average conservatives here?

PGHBulldogBG
11-02-2022, 11:23 AM
As long as the coach or AD is not doing anything against the law, I really could careless about their political views or anything that happens in their personal life or family. Just find a way to win football games as the coach and as the AD find a way to hire a winner on the field, court, etc.

Johnson85
11-02-2022, 11:44 AM
The population of these 2 particular message boards is only slightly more conservative than the national average if that. But even if you want to contest that, the vitriolic political attacks per capita are strongly concentrated on the right.

Maybe we just have above average liberals and below average conservatives here?

Just being primarily men from Mississippi would make it much more conservative than the national average. Being more college educated than average would swing it back some, but not that much.

This board has more political commentary from the right because that's the composition of its members. Just like conservatives on campus keep their mouth shut even though they are a significant minority. Very few people enjoy arguing over politics, so people with a minority position in a setting are going to be much less vocal typically.

LC Dawg
11-02-2022, 11:44 AM
I hope next week's Sunday Morning QB is this good!*****

Jarius
11-02-2022, 12:21 PM
That's the narrative, but nothing about this board or SPS backs it up. Dozens of people across the boards have complained about the Cohens' politics, called Nelle a bitch and worse, called John a Communist and a pedophile, said that he should be fired for that reason alone, said that liberals should not be allowed to even have that job, etc., all over something that was supposedly put on Facebook but no one can even remember or produce exactly what was said.

Similarly, our wbb coach tweets out that she's proud to live in a country that's willing to elect a black woman to be VP (yes that's technically political, but it's pretty innocuous for a political Tweet) and dozens of people across the boards are enraged, some wanting her fired and/or promising never to support the team again.

On the other hand, Mullen and Leach are clearly more publicly political than Cohen or NMP ever have been, but I don't recall anyone on these boards ever attacking them for that, if someone ever did it was an isolated incident and much smaller magnitude. Case in point, I love both of them and don't care in the slightest that they don't vote like I do.

Maybe the narrative is wrong. At the very least it's flipped when it comes to the online Mississippi State fanbase.

Well the MSU fanbase is probably about 80 % conservative, so obviously it's going to be more that way. In the real world where people are actually getting fired for their controversial comments, it's almost all people saying things that offend democrats that are getting fired. Sure, the other side complains. The other side usually doesn't have the ability for those complaints to get someone fired though. It's just them being mad.

Jarius
11-02-2022, 12:24 PM
^^

There aren't many liberals on MSU boards, but the ones that are on them have attacked Leach for his political beliefs. Many wanted him fired for his noose tweet, which was completely innocent (although he should have known in today's climate people can't take a joke).

BeardoMSU
11-02-2022, 12:37 PM
There aren't many liberals on MSU boards, but the ones that are on them have attacked Leach for his political beliefs. Many wanted him fired for his noose tweet, which was completely innocent (although he should have known in today's climate people can't take a joke).

Huh? On this board? You sure about that?

BeardoMSU
11-02-2022, 12:41 PM

Lol, I mean I know I've done neither...I've never given a shit about Mike's politics; and I'm 100% sure Quaosarsking hasn't either, as he's been a Leach fanboy for years and years.

Who are you referring to?

Quaoarsking
11-02-2022, 12:47 PM
There are a lot of liberals and left-leaners here and SPS, way more than 20%, and not single one of them called for Leach's firing or even really thought he'd done anything seriously wrong for the noose Tweet. It's revisionist history to suggest otherwise.

Johnson85
11-02-2022, 01:14 PM
Lol, I mean I know I've done neither...I've never given a shit about Mike's politics; and I'm 100% sure Quaosarsking hasn't either, as he's been a Leach fanboy for years and years.

Who are you referring to?

There were a few people critical. No clue if they were liberal or not. I don't think anybody called for him to be fired, but there are moronic statements everyday on a message board, so I think I tend to not pay attention to them enough to remember them.

Johnson85
11-02-2022, 01:22 PM
There are a lot of liberals and left-leaners here and SPS, way more than 20%, and not single one of them called for Leach's firing or even really thought he'd done anything seriously wrong for the noose Tweet. It's revisionist history to suggest otherwise.

Depends on what you mean by left-leaners. There are certainly left of center people and I would think we have significantly more than 20% of the board that consider themselves democrats,, but I suspect our population of democrats are significantly more centrist than the democratic party as a whole. I suspect you'd have relatively few people that think surgery on minors for transgender reasons is good policy. Relatively few that think drag shows for children are good ideas. Relatively few that think discrimination against asians is an appropriate or moral response to discrimination against black people. Relatively few that think abortion should be allowed up until the head is beginning to crown. Relatively few that think just supporting a live and let live approach to matters of sexuality between adults rather than full throated support should make somebody unfit for polite society, relatively few that believe the way to improve minority neighborhoods is to police them less. Basically any of the hot button cultural issues, and particularly the ones that cancellation tends to come up on, I suspect people on this forum that consider themselves democrats, as a whole, will look significantly more "conservative" than the democratic party as a whole.

ETA: All that to say, we have plenty of democrats, but I would guess very few people that are leftists or "progressives".

Jarius
11-02-2022, 01:32 PM
Huh? On this board? You sure about that?

I know for a fact that they have on Genespage. Here and 6pack I don't visit quite as often and I can't say for sure. It was a huge ordeal that had people on that site hot and bothered.

BeardoMSU
11-02-2022, 01:34 PM
I know for a fact that they have on Genespage. Here and 6pack I don't visit quite as often and I can't say for sure. It was a huge ordeal that had people on that site hot and bothered.

Isn't GP generally a looney bin, tho?**

Homedawg
11-02-2022, 04:40 PM
I do find it interesting that JC took down his pinned pic of his family on Twitter. It was there forever. To be fair, he could have taken it down prior to taking the auburn job, but he had one there for a few years.

LC Dawg
11-02-2022, 07:51 PM
I do find it interesting that JC took down his pinned pic of his family on Twitter. It was there forever. To be fair, he could have taken it down prior to taking the auburn job, but he had one there for a few years.

He probably had not personally been on Twitter for a few years but decided to check it out since he was swapping jobs.