PDA

View Full Version : GameDay aftermath

TheLostDawg
10-30-2022, 08:56 AM
https://www.wlbt.com/2022/10/29/windows-busted-out-multiple-parked-cars-during-jsu-football-game/

I think everyone saw this coming

Catfish
10-30-2022, 08:59 AM
https://www.wlbt.com/2022/10/29/windows-busted-out-multiple-parked-cars-during-jsu-football-game/

Doesn't surprise me. Could have been a lot worse though.

Lord McBuckethead
10-30-2022, 09:08 AM
Big Whoopty Doo. Why don?t you guys just come out and say what you are thinking? Seems to me, the Jackson community loves to steal from their own. It?s like, we forgot to remind people, hey 17n play it cool and stop committing crimes against your fellow citizens.

The failure here is that parents do not take the time with their kids. Also Failure to invest money in education, but without parents having time and being engaged, this type of society issues will persist.

There is a reason why Starkville kids that are the top of their class are white or professor kids on the vast vast vast majority. Same teachers, same funding, etc. the difference is parents doing their jobs. Unless you are raising a sociopath?.. then there is nothing you can do.

So this was totally obviously going to happen in Jackson, but instead of pointing and basically laughing about it, better to discuss the underlining society issues.

Bdawg
10-30-2022, 09:25 AM
Big Whoopty Doo. Why don?t you guys just come out and say what you are thinking? Seems to me, the Jackson community loves to steal from their own. It?s like, we forgot to remind people, hey 17n play it cool and stop committing crimes against your fellow citizens.

The failure here is that parents do not take the time with their kids. Also Failure to invest money in education, but without parents having time and being engaged, this type of society issues will persist.

There is a reason why Starkville kids that are the top of their class are white or professor kids on the vast vast vast majority. Same teachers, same funding, etc. the difference is parents doing their jobs. Unless you are raising a sociopath?.. then there is nothing you can do.

So this was totally obviously going to happen in Jackson, but instead of pointing and basically laughing about it, better to discuss the underlining society issues.

It’s really tragic that the family structure is so broken in this world today. We are seeing the breakdown of society and it coincides with the breakdown of the 2 parent family. Moral, values, and personal responsibility have been in sharp decline and it’s really sad.

msstate7
10-30-2022, 09:28 AM
We invest a crap load in education.

Hambone
10-30-2022, 09:31 AM
We stayed in a Hilton across from Busch Stadium in St Louis and the exact same thing happened to us. Cop told us we were the 250th break in that weekend.

Big Cities suck. (Well, the petty crime at least)

Bdawg
10-30-2022, 09:32 AM

Yep. That’s not the problem. It’s the people running it and the parents producing these children that are not brought up properly.

Lord McBuckethead
10-30-2022, 11:09 AM
Yep. That’s not the problem. It’s the people running it and the parents producing these children that are not brought up properly.

We do invest money in education, but it is all undone if parents are not directly engaged in the education of their kids.

Too much time and energy is wasted on kids that literally do not know how to mind their manners in public. Too much time and energy wasted on kids that are not ready to show up and learn. Half of life?s success is simply being engaged and ready to do the thing people are telling you to do. Seriously. From 1st grade through graduating college, you do what your supposed to do and be engaged and you will succeed. It literally is that easy.

Now with parents that are working two jobs with too many kids, where is the time? That is why I fully support all measures to control when and how you build a family. Birth control, education, abortion before 23 weeks, etc. get women educated and it helps with this. The issue is dumb people passing on their stupid ass ways of life to the next generation over and over.

My daughter is the kid of two college graduates. We push her all the time on concepts of life beyond what she is currently working on at school. She understands the value of a dollar. She understands higher levels of math far beyond what she is being taught in school. Why? Because I was teaching her multiplication on a white board during COVID as the teachers were teaching adding and subtracting. She goes to Starkville Public schools. Tax dollar per student the same as the 40% minorities in her class. She is light years ahead of them, because of her parents, not the school board and not because of the administration or teachers. Same for probably 95% of the top performers in the entire state.

Breaking the cycle of poverty has never been solved on a large scale in our country. Until parents understand they are equally if not more important than the teachers in their kids education it is never going to change.

There are things that the State can do to help. But it is a partnership with the care givers at home. It is less than half in control by local/state/federal administrations.

We have kids showing up hungry to school. We have parents that refuse to discipline their kids and get them ready to be a normal kid ready to learn at school. We have teachers being forced to spend half their damn time on kids that refuse to do what they are being asked to do. The system is 17ed. Until we get kids to behave, they will grow up and continue to victimize their own communities, because they are stupid and basically a waste of time in our society.

Long story short. Parents have to do their job, so teachers can do theirs. Teachers are not there to get your kid ready to learn. They are there to teach. Asking teachers to teach your kid to sit down and shut up and respect their teachers, IS NOT THEIR JOB.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2022, 11:18 AM

No success can compensate for failure in the home. Societies problems all start with failures at home. Breakdown of society is from breakdown of the family.

Pancho
10-30-2022, 01:49 PM
thus the reason all coaches nowadays must preach the "family" mantra to the players. often this is the closest thing to an actual family some kids even see.

Pancho
10-30-2022, 01:56 PM
Doesn't surprise me. Could have been a lot worse though.

and they wondered why the espn folks didn't stay downtown..........parking lots full of cars is like shooting fish in a barrel at the county fair for the jackson criminal element.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2022, 02:11 PM
thus the reason all coaches nowadays must preach the "family" mantra to the players. often this is the closest thing to an actual family some kids even see.

Sad but true! I have a son that's a teacher and coach and a daughter that's a teacher. They tell me about how disrespectful a lot of these kids are now and I tell them work with them and be patient with them because their home life is more than likely not good and they need help, love and direction and you may be the only way they get that help and love!

Dawg2003
10-30-2022, 02:18 PM

Anyone who has worked in secondary education will tell you that they can't really hold kids accountable. A high school degree is a participation trophy at best.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2022, 02:19 PM
Anyone who has worked in secondary education will tell you that they can't really hold kids accountable. A high school degree is a participation trophy at best.

Fact about accountability and it's sad.

WhiskeyPirate
10-30-2022, 02:21 PM
Sad but true! I have a son that's a teacher and coach and a daughter that's a teacher. They tell me about how disrespectful a lot of these kids are now and I tell them work with them and be patient with them because their home life is more than likely not good and they need help, love and direction and you may be the only way they get that help and love!

Very true

R2Dawg
10-30-2022, 02:25 PM

No we invest in indoctrination of the wrong/bad kind. Not a lot of educating going on in most places.

We are teaching in our First Year Experience class that the kids can't call their mother and father - mom and dad. Breakdown of the family is the foundation which has crumbled and the house of cards come down

R2Dawg
10-30-2022, 02:26 PM
No success can compensate for failure in the home. Societies problems all start with failures at home. Breakdown of society is from breakdown of the family.

Truth

Bdawg
10-30-2022, 02:40 PM
We do invest money in education, but it is all undone if parents are not directly engaged in the education of their kids.

Too much time and energy is wasted on kids that literally do not know how to mind their manners in public. Too much time and energy wasted on kids that are not ready to show up and learn. Half of life?s success is simply being engaged and ready to do the thing people are telling you to do. Seriously. From 1st grade through graduating college, you do what your supposed to do and be engaged and you will succeed. It literally is that easy.

Now with parents that are working two jobs with too many kids, where is the time? That is why I fully support all measures to control when and how you build a family. Birth control, education, abortion before 23 weeks, etc. get women educated and it helps with this. The issue is dumb people passing on their stupid ass ways of life to the next generation over and over.

My daughter is the kid of two college graduates. We push her all the time on concepts of life beyond what she is currently working on at school. She understands the value of a dollar. She understands higher levels of math far beyond what she is being taught in school. Why? Because I was teaching her multiplication on a white board during COVID as the teachers were teaching adding and subtracting. She goes to Starkville Public schools. Tax dollar per student the same as the 40% minorities in her class. She is light years ahead of them, because of her parents, not the school board and not because of the administration or teachers. Same for probably 95% of the top performers in the entire state.

Breaking the cycle of poverty has never been solved on a large scale in our country. Until parents understand they are equally if not more important than the teachers in their kids education it is never going to change.

There are things that the State can do to help. But it is a partnership with the care givers at home. It is less than half in control by local/state/federal administrations.

We have kids showing up hungry to school. We have parents that refuse to discipline their kids and get them ready to be a normal kid ready to learn at school. We have teachers being forced to spend half their damn time on kids that refuse to do what they are being asked to do. The system is 17ed. Until we get kids to behave, they will grow up and continue to victimize their own communities, because they are stupid and basically a waste of time in our society.

Long story short. Parents have to do their job, so teachers can do theirs. Teachers are not there to get your kid ready to learn. They are there to teach. Asking teachers to teach your kid to sit down and shut up and respect their teachers, IS NOT THEIR JOB.

Yep. 100% of the blame falls on the parents at an early age and then diminishes slightly as the kids get older and they have to have a bit of responsibility themselves. A lot of people treat school as a daycare to get kids out of their hair and take responsibility off of them because they are lazy pieces of crap instead of a good parent.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2022, 02:46 PM
No we invest in indoctrination of the wrong/bad kind. Not a lot of educating going on in most places.

We are teaching in our First Year Experience class that the kids can't call their mother and father - mom and dad. Breakdown of the family is the foundation which has crumbled and the house of cards come down

Nail on head!

Commercecomet24
10-30-2022, 03:00 PM
I'll tell y'all I've got a special place in my heart for young people. I've coached youth for years I've worked with youth in church for years and I just love their energy and spirit. So many have zero guidance and direction and love at home and it's sad. So much potential for good in our youth but the family unit being destroyed has taken its toll. As Mr Miyagi said no bad student, only bad teacher! Kids mirror what they see at home, good or bad.

State82
10-30-2022, 03:18 PM
I'll tell y'all I've got a special place in my heart for young people. I've coached youth for years I've worked with youth in church for years and I just love their energy and spirit.

That is very admirable. It is really impressive to see people with that gift work their influence on youth these days. Kudos to you. Two grandkids will wear on my patience! Ha!

Commercecomet24
10-30-2022, 03:45 PM
That is very admirable. It is really impressive to see people with that gift work their influence on youth these days. Kudos to you. Two grandkids will wear on my patience! Ha!

Thanks man just trying to share some of what I've been blessed with. I only have one grand kid right now and she's busy, busy!

MagicDawg
10-30-2022, 04:06 PM
parents

That the plural noun above is vastly unrealistic is also part of the problem.

bulldawg28
10-30-2022, 04:15 PM
The school systems curriculums are broken. 60% of the things taught are used. Kids change when they are exposed to different things. Some of you are praising a particular ethnic group and degrading another. The #1 difference in the two is exposure. Contrary to false statistics black families have a high involvement. It's a social economic problem which entails limits exposure. I'm a living witness that once a kid is exposed to better it sparks a difference. Even things as simple as field trips and different cities brings changes.

IMO trade schools should take place, investing, money management, trading, how to grow wealth, etc. Who cares about Mississippi history. How did it benefit me? It was a waste of time.

Pancho
10-30-2022, 07:59 PM
Some school districts do utilize partnerships with area businesses to expose students to particular fields but this takes cohesion from the school as well as the businesses. I personally know plenty supposed parents of different races who are pure trash individuals when it come to rearing a child. It is very sad. Some of their kids grew up and still wallow in the mire but some did get out and never return.

Apoplectic
10-30-2022, 08:22 PM
No more money for education. Build more prisons and fill them up. Chicago learned that the biggest factor for a reduction in crime many years ago was ease of abortion. Well that?s changing so be prepared for further escalation

parabrave
10-31-2022, 12:08 AM
Reminds me when I parked on a lot near Ladd Stadium. Guy on the street was taking 5 bucks to let you park there. The money was for "security". Guess these patrons forgot to pay up.

TUSK
10-31-2022, 01:25 AM
No more money for education. Build more prisons and fill them up. Chicago learned that the biggest factor for a reduction in crime many years ago was ease of abortion. Well that?s changing so be prepared for further escalation

This correct... Abortion def reduces crime...

While I'm not down with baby killin', from an economic standpoint, it helps us all.

msstate7
10-31-2022, 09:18 AM

I'm not arguing our education system is good. I'm arguing our education system is funded well... more money isn't gonna fix it.

Johnson85
10-31-2022, 09:44 AM
I'm not arguing our education system is good. I'm arguing our education system is funded well... more money isn't gonna fix it.

More money would make a difference in some places. There are some schools where there is enough parental involvement that more money isn't needed. There are some schools where parental involvement is so bad that any realistic sum of money won't make a difference. There are schools with a mix where some better funding could make a difference if spent wisely.

I don't think the state government is capable of reliably identifying those schools. They can't politically devote extra resources to those schools anyway. And even if they could, they wouldn't be able to ensure the money is spent in a way that matters.

Johnson85
10-31-2022, 09:49 AM

I actually had some obviously idiotic hope that knowing this was a certainty if there wasn't some sort of security presence monitoring the parking areas, that somebody would have security patrol the area. I kind of knew the city of Jackson wouldn't do it, but was hoping maybe the chamber of commerce or downtown partners would chip in to pay just to avoid another black eye.

I guess the good thing is that I don't guess this is really abnormal enough to catch the interest of non-local news, but it still sucks for the City of Jackson because next time there is an event like this, people are going to have to decide if they're willing to deal with the hassle of having their window broken just to go to the event.

Lord McBuckethead
10-31-2022, 10:07 AM

I disagree with this. In my experience, there is no indoctrination going on.

Lord McBuckethead
10-31-2022, 10:09 AM
More money would make a difference in some places. There are some schools where there is enough parental involvement that more money isn't needed. There are some schools where parental involvement is so bad that any realistic sum of money won't make a difference. There are schools with a mix where some better funding could make a difference if spent wisely.

I don't think the state government is capable of reliably identifying those schools. They can't politically devote extra resources to those schools anyway. And even if they could, they wouldn't be able to ensure the money is spent in a way that matters.

The government can identify those schools, if the population would let one dollar go to those schools without a Quid-Pro-Quo

Lord McBuckethead
10-31-2022, 10:14 AM

While I'm not down with baby killin', from an economic standpoint, it helps us all.

Bingo. Not to get political.

I want babies born to people that are positioned in life that are ready to love and support a child. Forcing unwanted pregnancies is going to plummet this country into a very bad place. Matter of fact, the sooner we come to a consensus on abortion, the sooner we can focus on much more important issues facing our country. Too much political time and energy is wasted on this stupid discussion. Illegal or not, they will continue. Changing the law only makes it way more dangerous and hard to obtain.

Lord McBuckethead
11-01-2022, 10:50 AM
To whomever sent the message saying Jackson spends 2X the amount of money per student than Desoto or Madison, well no shit. You are proving my point exactly. Parents are the single biggest influence on kids success. I don't care how much you spend on per student education. If parents are not engaged actively in what their student is learning, helping on the side, teaching the student how to behave, setting expectations, tracking assignments, etc.....
It doesn't flipping matter how much money people spend. 1 dollar or 2500 dollars per term.

Johnson85
11-01-2022, 11:16 AM

I want babies born to people that are positioned in life that are ready to love and support a child. Forcing unwanted pregnancies is going to plummet this country into a very bad place. Matter of fact, the sooner we come to a consensus on abortion, the sooner we can focus on much more important issues facing our country. Too much political time and energy is wasted on this stupid discussion. Illegal or not, they will continue. Changing the law only makes it way more dangerous and hard to obtain.

There are lots of evil things we can do that statistically would be pretty likely to lower crime. But I think most people are still not willing to sign off on killing babies based on their statistical likelihood of committing crimes.

R2Dawg
11-01-2022, 11:28 AM

Totally agree. I have multiple close connections in money trails in education in my family. It is sickening to see the waste going on.

R2Dawg
11-01-2022, 11:32 AM

No abortion kills in more ways than one. It is an economic disaster. If no abortion, we could have 60 million more taxpayers and workers today - not a shortage of either. Abortion is a disaster on every front.

The same morals that thinks abortion is right also sees no issue with killing others or stealing from others. Abortion is an indicator of what our culture values. Abortion solves nothing but creates destruction in its path.

Tater
11-01-2022, 11:38 AM

Just eliminate private schooling for 18 and under and watch the public school system magically be quality with funds used in appropriate manners and teachers well compensated and actually quality educators.

That's the real problem. People with enough power / money to cause change in public school systems and keep corruption out / improve standards just go to a private institution instead.

Furthers the gap at an earlier age.

Tater
11-01-2022, 11:42 AM
No abortion kills in more ways than one. It is an economic disaster. If no abortion, we could have 60 million more taxpayers and workers today - not a shortage of either. Abortion is a disaster on every front.

The same morals that thinks abortion is right also sees no issue with killing others or stealing from others. Abortion is an indicator of what our culture values. Abortion solves nothing but creates destruction in its path.

Lol if you think having MORE mouths to feed and MORE competition in the workforce is good for 99% of America then you're an idiot.

The market being undersaturated with workers means workers are more valuable and they have to get compensated enough or they have options.

The market being oversaturated with workers means people are going jobless, working out of fear of joblessness, and people have to commit crime to get their next meal.

This is such a brain dead take, I don't know how you even got there. That's astonishingly bad. There's finite amount of resources on this planet. Go learn Thermo 101 man. This is DUMB

Duckdog
11-01-2022, 11:56 AM

What a load of shit!

Johnson85
11-01-2022, 12:03 PM
Just eliminate private schooling for 18 and under and watch the public school system magically be quality with funds used in appropriate manners and teachers well compensated and actually quality educators.

That's the real problem. People with enough power / money to cause change in public school systems and keep corruption out / improve standards just go to a private institution instead.

Furthers the gap at an earlier age.

Instead of guaranteeing a lot of government abuse, maybe take the alternative route and fund students instead of organizations?

msstate7
11-01-2022, 12:09 PM
Lol if you think having MORE mouths to feed and MORE competition in the workforce is good for 99% of America then you're an idiot.

The market being undersaturated with workers means workers are more valuable and they have to get compensated enough or they have options.

The market being oversaturated with workers means people are going jobless, working out of fear of joblessness, and people have to commit crime to get their next meal.

This is such a brain dead take, I don't know how you even got there. That's astonishingly bad. There's finite amount of resources on this planet. Go learn Thermo 101 man. This is DUMB

"Normal Americans don?t think abortion is a way to fix our economy," said Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C. "People who put politics first think like that."

Johnson85
11-01-2022, 12:16 PM

You are making some pretty big assumptions about the people who are aborted. Generally, people are an asset to a country, at least in the US. And Thermo is not the relevant question when you are talking about resources being finite. We are no where near running out of assets in a thermo sense. What is relevant right now are resources that are economic. We would have more energy needs with more people and also more resources would be economic to meet those needs.

All that to say, I'm pretty sure the take you call brain dead would be closer to consensus among economists than your take.

Apoplectic
11-01-2022, 02:59 PM
You are making some pretty big assumptions about the people who are aborted. Generally, people are an asset to a country, at least in the US. And Thermo is not the relevant question when you are talking about resources being finite. We are no where near running out of assets in a thermo sense. What is relevant right now are resources that are economic. We would have more energy needs with more people and also more resources would be economic to meet those needs.

All that to say, I'm pretty sure the take you call brain dead would be closer to consensus among economists than your take.

Contributing people is an asset to a country. Bad people are not. Measure through the lens of evolution?..most of these deadweights have been nurtured to be takers only. They would never make it in the wild.

Tater
11-01-2022, 03:49 PM
It's sad. I started typing out a well thought out response, but there just isn't one with some of you.

You just want to feel like you're right about something rather than learn something. It shows through the tone of your posts. It's sad really. When did discourse become so shitty.

There's nothing anyone can say here to even move your minds an inch. Mental flexibility leads to more growth than stubbornness.

Pancho
11-01-2022, 03:57 PM
What going on Tater? Are you now saying that aborting a child is good for that particular child ? You are always so enlightening.

Johnson85
11-01-2022, 04:52 PM
It's sad. I started typing out a well thought out response, but there just isn't one with some of you.

You just want to feel like you're right about something rather than learn something. It shows through the tone of your posts. It's sad really. When did discourse become so shitty.

There's nothing anyone can say here to even move your minds an inch. Mental flexibility leads to more growth than stubbornness.

Well, part of the problem is you've got people bringing discourse like this to the table:

Out of curiosity, what would you tell that poster about how to make his discourse less shitty?

msstate7
11-01-2022, 04:56 PM
Well, part of the problem is you've got people bringing discourse like this to the table:

Out of curiosity, what would you tell that poster about how to make his discourse less shitty?

Lol

Bdawg
11-01-2022, 05:34 PM

Well played.

Abortion to me is a moral matter. The lack of morals, character, and responsibility of parents is the downfall of kids and society today, imo. Killing babies could never be a good option for anything. If you don’t want a baby, take the necessary precautions between the 2 partners to prevent becoming pregnant. There are plenty of ways of prevention.

Apoplectic
11-01-2022, 08:47 PM
Well played.

Abortion to me is a moral matter. The lack of morals, character, and responsibility of parents is the downfall of kids and society today, imo. Killing babies could never be a good option for anything. If you don’t want a baby, take the necessary precautions between the 2 partners to prevent becoming pregnant. There are plenty of ways of prevention.

Bro now you meddling in someone?s street cred and a check. You betta chek yo self

TUSK
11-02-2022, 12:16 AM
Bro now you meddling in someone?s street cred and a check. You betta chek yo self

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Apoplectic again.

Pancho
11-02-2022, 05:13 AM
I'm still trying to see how some criminals broke out some car windows during a JSU game in the wonderful capital city has anything to do with abortion.

Catfish
11-02-2022, 07:25 AM
I'm still trying to see how some criminals broke out some car windows during a JSU game in the wonderful capital city has anything to do with abortion.

Agreed

Lord McBuckethead
11-02-2022, 11:09 AM
There are lots of evil things we can do that statistically would be pretty likely to lower crime. But I think most people are still not willing to sign off on killing babies based on their statistical likelihood of committing crimes.

But, they are not babies. That is the point. And you are not the one signing off on killing babies anyway. It is that woman's choice on whether to terminate an embryo they do not want to become a baby.

If you believe different... fantastic. You don't have to have an abortion. You, as a 13 year old girl can choose to carry it to term. You as a 35 year old woman that just had a miscarriage can choose to carry the dead fetus to term. You as a 21 year old college student that entire life is going to wrecked by a baby at this moment, can choose to carry a embryo at 10 weeks to term, if you want. Great. For the rest of society, and women in particular, should have the choice when and how they have a baby, under which circumstances, etc.

If men had this burden, we would not even be discussing it.

Lord McBuckethead
11-02-2022, 11:10 AM

It has plenty to do with abortion, and any other topic involving family life and impacts education levels in the surrounding areas.

Lord McBuckethead
11-02-2022, 11:15 AM
Well played.

Tons of ways of prevention, but the cycle of bad choices continues from generation to generation. So yes, abortion fits into the equation. Along with education, family dynamics, family structure, and raising children for success. Abortion to me, as a successful white male that will pay more in taxes this year compared to my mother for her entire life combined, is a moral issue. I have the means to do anything I want, yet I still see the pitfalls in our society that bears on the less fortunate and understand things are not as easy as...... "There are plenty of ways of prevention".

TUSK
11-02-2022, 11:25 AM
Why can't we all just meet in the middle...

I say we legalize abortion up til the 300th trimester... and, as a "collective", all have a say in it...

PMDawg
11-02-2022, 11:27 AM

Rep added.

PMDawg
11-02-2022, 11:30 AM
But, they are not babies. That is the fallacy that many people choose to accept, even though it's not supported by science.

FIFY

Johnson85
11-02-2022, 11:46 AM
But, they are not babies. That is the point. And you are not the one signing off on killing babies anyway. It is that woman's choice on whether to terminate an embryo they do not want to become a baby.

If you believe different... fantastic. You don't have to have an abortion. You, as a 13 year old girl can choose to carry it to term. You as a 35 year old woman that just had a miscarriage can choose to carry the dead fetus to term. You as a 21 year old college student that entire life is going to wrecked by a baby at this moment, can choose to carry a embryo at 10 weeks to term, if you want. Great. For the rest of society, and women in particular, should have the choice when and how they have a baby, under which circumstances, etc.

Hear Hear!!! I don't understand why society si so worried about babies and toddlers. If the mother gets tired of taking care of them, better to just off them. WHy is it anybody else's business. Same with homelss people. If you don't know them, why do you care if people occasional use them for the most dangerous game type activities. Just live and let live. Except for the babies and homeless people of course, they don't get a vote.

This is just demonstrably stupid. Men are on the hook for 18 years. If it was about men's burdens, they would have the unilateral right during pregnancy to disclaim responsibility for future child support because they dont' want to keep the baby.

I mean, I can understand people having a different opinion on when a human is entitled to rights (which is why it is the role of government to draw the line when a person is entitled to protection of law), but so many talking points are just detached from reality.

PMDawg
11-02-2022, 11:51 AM
Hear Hear!!! I don't understand why society si so worried about babies and toddlers. If the mother gets tired of taking care of them, better to just off them. WHy is it anybody else's business. Same with homelss people. If you don't know them, why do you care if people occasional use them for the most dangerous game type activities. Just live and let live. Except for the babies and homeless people of course, they don't get a vote.

I can't add rep to you again, but I would for this, if I could. Also - I reported one of my own post's in this thread in an attempt to get a mod to lock it and move it already. Abortion discussions are 100% political and bring out the worst in people. It has NO PLACE on this board.

Extendedcab
11-02-2022, 11:53 AM

Well, if a woman could get pregnant on her own with out the need of a male, it would be more plausible for the choice to be the woman choice only! In reality, it takes two to create a baby and where is the father's voice in all of this? Doesn't he get a voice in this? The baby is not some lump of flesh that is part of the woman but a separate life with its own heart, brain and blood type (blood type of the baby can be different from the mothers). The mother is the host until the baby can survive outside the womb! A baby is its own being, they don't ask to be conceived, but yet they are the most vulnerable and the ones who suffer in this birth control battle! Why punish the innocent?

If you want a choice on having a baby and under what circumstances, then take the necessary precautions to not have a baby in the first place. There are plenty of birth control methods available today including abstinence!

Political Hack
11-02-2022, 11:57 AM
People disagreeing on abortion? Weird.

When does life start? Intercourse? Conception? Heartbeat? Birth? First breath? If you ask a million people you'll get a million different answers. Nobody can agree on this. And if nobody agrees when the right to life even begins, it probably shouldn't be something the gubbermant gets overly involved with, making laws and enforcement policies, etc... Big brother and all... it'll change constantly every time the other political party takes office. New laws, new health impacts, new population impacts, legal consequences, judicial/penal system impacts, etc... It's a never ending cycle over an argument that the government needs to stay away from until we either become super enlightened as an entire society and an obvious answer slaps us in the face and/or we have new science and technology developments that impact the argument (e.g., all of a sudden there are no more accidental pregnancies).

I am a personally pro-life. I don't think I could sanction it or agree with it if it were a personal issue... but I also don't think everyone should be pro life just because I am. So, from a policy perspective I've always leaned a little more pro-choice because I'm generally supportive of "pro-less government-involvement" in most social dilemmas...

What happened to states rights? Is that still a thing? The citizens of Mississippi and the citizens of California may have very different, deeply entrenched cultural beliefs on this issue. Why can't Mississippi have different laws than California? Why is this a federal government issue now? If it's a national issue, why isn't a global issue?

Please play nice in the sandbox when discussing.

PMDawg
11-02-2022, 12:49 PM

Here's the thing, he's a Nate Silver liberal. What does that mean? It means that he thinks he's a liberal because he's smart, and you (or anyone) are a conservative because you're stupid. Life experiences? World views? Personal thoughts or beliefs? Meaningless! It's all about intelligence to them (it's really about egos).

Point of proof is that the new favorite demographics to point out are "college education and above" and "High school education or less". The quiet part is that they think that is "smart" vs. "stupid".

It used to be white collar vs blue collar, but they realized that didn't carry enough of the negative connotation they were looking for. But, I have news for those smart people. I have a degree in mechanical engineering. I breezed through it with a 3.6 without studying much or really applying myself. My Dad dropped out of State after 3 semesters to go serve in Vietnam. I made a 31 on my ACT, my Dad made a 19. But guess what? That sucker can run circles around me when it comes to working on engines or building/fixing pretty much anything. He ran a farm for 30 years. He can do anything. He may not have a degree, or even an above average IQ. But that man is smart. Smarter than a TON of people I've met running around with degrees.

But I digress. It's never about ideas, discourse, discussion, or being open minded. They want YOU to be open minded, because you're stupid (in their mind). They say they don't like generalizations, stereotypes, and close-mindedness, because saying that makes them sound smart! Unfortunately, they don't care that they're always doing that to people/groups who don't agree with them.

That's not all liberals. That's why I say Nate Silver liberals. If you ever read his stuff, you'll know what I'm talking about. The funny thing is he believes he's being sneaky about it. Lol

BeardoMSU
11-02-2022, 12:52 PM
Here's the thing, he's a Nate Silver liberal.

The 538 guy?

Tater
11-02-2022, 01:40 PM

Nothing wrong with calling a dumbass a dumbass.

People don't learn when you engage with stupidity and "both-sides" a debate that someone is horribly wrong about. Everyone has a platform to say and have idiots follow whatever they want these days. They just need to be told they are dumb and an idiot.

What would you say about Charles Barkley's discourse on Kyrie Irving? Most of America agrees with him and he called Kyrie and idiot for what he said. Most of America respects that's the right way to go about it. Guess what pockets of America don't agree? The echo chamber wall-built-up safe space idiots who can't have a good faith debate because they're incredibly wrong and therefore block out anyone who thinks differently than them. If you're an idiot and you never hear that you're being an idiot, why would you ever stop?

People need to be told they're being stupid more. Would fix a lot of stupidity in this country.

Tater
11-02-2022, 01:53 PM
Here's the thing, he's a Nate Silver liberal. What does that mean? It means that he thinks he's a liberal because he's smart, and you (or anyone) are a conservative because you're stupid. Life experiences? World views? Personal thoughts or beliefs? Meaningless! It's all about intelligence to them (it's really about egos).

Point of proof is that the new favorite demographics to point out are "college education and above" and "High school education or less". The quiet part is that they think that is "smart" vs. "stupid".

It used to be white collar vs blue collar, but they realized that didn't carry enough of the negative connotation they were looking for. But, I have news for those smart people. I have a degree in mechanical engineering. I breezed through it with a 3.6 without studying much or really applying myself. My Dad dropped out of State after 3 semesters to go serve in Vietnam. I made a 31 on my ACT, my Dad made a 19. But guess what? That sucker can run circles around me when it comes to working on engines or building/fixing pretty much anything. He ran a farm for 30 years. He can do anything. He may not have a degree, or even an above average IQ. But that man is smart. Smarter than a TON of people I've met running around with degrees.

But I digress. It's never about ideas, discourse, discussion, or being open minded. They want YOU to be open minded, because you're stupid (in their mind). They say they don't like generalizations, stereotypes, and close-mindedness, because saying that makes them sound smart! Unfortunately, they don't care that they're always doing that to people/groups who don't agree with them.

That's not all liberals. That's why I say Nate Silver liberals. If you ever read his stuff, you'll know what I'm talking about. The funny thing is he believes he's being sneaky about it. Lol

1. Nate Bronze is not a liberal. He's just a data guy.

2. When people vote constantly for things that negatively affect them and their country, they are by definition an idiot. Doesn't have anything to do with how much schooling you got. Most of us all went to State here and got degrees. And quite a lot of those that did, are still being idiots.

You're stupid to believe that Roe v. Wade being overturned was good for citizens in America.
You're stupid to believe that the Patriot Act was a good thing.
You're stupid to believe that the War in Iraq wasn't about money and oil rather than a "war on terror".
You're stupid to believe that a Drag Show is inherently sexual yet a Beauty Pageant is not.
You're stupid to believe that tax breaks are always a good thing.
You're stupid to believe that Ronald Reagan wasn't the worst president ever.
You're stupid to believe that the President directly controls gas prices.
You're stupid to believe that voting for a party that has no platform and props up snake oil salesmen and walking CTE is going to look out for your best interests.

It's not about being open minded. It's about you actually being stupid and most people who know how to apply a shred of critical thinking saying I will not have discourse with you until you TRY ANY AMOUNT OF EFFORT to not be a walking, talking sucker. All because someone tells you to based on a book you didn't actually read. It's why I refuse to have religious debates with people who can't prove they've read and understood the Bible / Quran / Torah / etc. They're, quite simply, parroting what they've been told instead of critically thinking.

If you're just a parrot, you don't deserve anything more than being called an idiot in debate. Your thoughts aren't even your own.

PMDawg
11-02-2022, 02:36 PM
1. Nate Bronze is not a liberal. He's just a data guy.

2. When people vote constantly for things that negatively affect them and their country, they are by definition an idiot. Doesn't have anything to do with how much schooling you got. Most of us all went to State here and got degrees. And quite a lot of those that did, are still being idiots.

You're stupid to believe that Roe v. Wade being overturned was good for citizens in America.
You're stupid to believe that the Patriot Act was a good thing.
You're stupid to believe that the War in Iraq wasn't about money and oil rather than a "war on terror".
You're stupid to believe that a Drag Show is inherently sexual yet a Beauty Pageant is not.
You're stupid to believe that tax breaks are always a good thing.
You're stupid to believe that Ronald Reagan wasn't the worst president ever.
You're stupid to believe that the President directly controls gas prices.
You're stupid to believe that voting for a party that has no platform and props up snake oil salesmen and walking CTE is going to look out for your best interests.

It's not about being open minded. It's about you actually being stupid and most people who know how to apply a shred of critical thinking saying I will not have discourse with you until you TRY ANY AMOUNT OF EFFORT to not be a walking, talking sucker. All because someone tells you to based on a book you didn't actually read. It's why I refuse to have religious debates with people who can't prove they've read and understood the Bible / Quran / Torah / etc. They're, quite simply, parroting what they've been told instead of critically thinking.

If you're just a parrot, you don't deserve anything more than being called an idiot in debate. Your thoughts aren't even your own.

You could have saved a lot of typing and just said "I'm an arrogant butthole with an over-inflated sense of self worth, and I believe that I know everything".

Oh, and by the way, you just made the exact same argument Seth Dillon (owner of the Babylon Bee) made against cancel culture (the left wing hivemind). When something is absurd on it's face, you're not supposed to pretend like it's not. You make fun of it and highlight the idiocy of it. That's what comedy used to be. Now, there are too many liberal sacred cows that you can't make fun of without being canceled. Seth Rogan, Dave Chappelle, Elon Musk, Ricky Gervais, and a handful of other liberals have voiced this thought recently and have all had to live through attempts to be cancelled by their liberal peers because of it. Just more of that open mindedness liberals love.

msstate7
11-02-2022, 02:37 PM

From this to your tirade above. You sure exemplify an open mind

msstate7
11-02-2022, 02:39 PM

Tater didn't wanna defend his position when challenge by Johnson here.

Pancho
11-02-2022, 02:42 PM
It has plenty to do with abortion, and any other topic involving family life and impacts education levels in the surrounding areas.

So, we should kill off as many as we can before they are born just in case they grow up to live in a area with a bad school and most end up criminals? That is some good logic right there.

R2Dawg
11-02-2022, 07:45 PM
I disagree with this. In my experience, there is no indoctrination going on.

So CRT and telling our kids there is no such thing as male and female is not a leftist indoctrination?

OK then

R2Dawg
11-02-2022, 07:46 PM

Taking a life is wrong. To your concern, there are plenty of loving families waiting for adoption to take those unwanted little ones.

R2Dawg
11-02-2022, 07:56 PM

So if you can't win an argument, go to insults to get away from the topic.

The 60 million more is over 50 years, they are not dropped in at once like the 15-20 million illegals leaching on our system in one year. The 60 million happen in natural organic growth to match normal economic growth so supply and demand can grow and match together. That is how the world went from 2 to 9 billion today.

People don't have to commit crime. You work for a living. For thousands of years people on earth have worked for a living. Novel thing that most don't know much about. 330 million Americans and only 100million work. 40% of Americans don't pay any taxes. 60million more workers today would erase the federal deficit and there would be no labor shortage.

Again I repeat for those slow, if a person has no moral right and wrong to abort little humans what moral law of right and wrong will keep that same person from committing crime, other murders, or violent crime? Those that know right from wrong will not do that, plain and simple. Those folks get a job and work for their food. Anyone can do that today, everyone is hring. So why is there crime?
We haven't even dented the earth's resources.

I've had thermo, I know the science. Everything I've said is fact and doesn't violate one law of thermo.

I know the science but bigger than that I know the One who invented science and He created you too. Yep the dreaded God that so many try to deny.

Waiting for your reply on your logic.

BeardoMSU
11-02-2022, 08:08 PM

BeardoMSU
11-02-2022, 08:09 PM
So CRT and telling our kids there is no such thing as male and female is not a leftist indoctrination?

OK then

This isn't as widespread a phenomenon as you've been made to believe....

Pancho
11-03-2022, 07:18 AM
i figure ain't much gonna change on the inner city jackson crime scene. The ones who are busting out the car windows will continue. Thus, the reason the surrounding areas continue to thrive and grow. Any information as to why the espn folks were lodged in a different area than where the game was played?

Extendedcab
11-03-2022, 09:15 AM
From this to your tirade above. You sure exemplify an open mind

Except he has no moral standard to stand on. His thoughts shift in the wind wherever it blows. Like Israel back in the day of the Judges, where everybody did what was right in their own eyes. There was no moral standard at that time and they paid the price for it.

Now you know what is wrong with this country! His tirade is a classic example!

Pancho
11-03-2022, 11:57 AM
lawdie mercy. we done went from crime in jackson to abortion and now to the Israelites. dang skippy. what ya'll think the jackson mayor and police gone do bout all the severe car jackings and robbing and killing that goes on down there? Can Deion help em out? He obviously way smarter than they are.

Goldendawg
11-03-2022, 12:36 PM
lawdie mercy. we done went from crime in jackson to abortion and now to the Israelites. dang skippy. what ya'll think the jackson mayor and police gone do bout all the severe car jackings and robbing and killing that goes on down there? Can Deion help em out? He obviously way smarter than they are.

How in the world has this thread not been locked? I thought we were a MSU/Sports site. This reads like something on Sixpack.

Extendedcab
11-03-2022, 03:01 PM
Israel was mentioned as they are a historical figure of what not to do! We are supposed to learn from history, but apparently not given some of the posts!

Sorry this has wandered from spots related info.:confused:

ScoobaDawg
11-03-2022, 03:43 PM
I just got off the boat from my cruise to this mess....
Lovely.

Bdawg
11-03-2022, 09:09 PM
Tons of ways of prevention, but the cycle of bad choices continues from generation to generation. So yes, abortion fits into the equation. Along with education, family dynamics, family structure, and raising children for success. Abortion to me, as a successful white male that will pay more in taxes this year compared to my mother for her entire life combined, is a moral issue. I have the means to do anything I want, yet I still see the pitfalls in our society that bears on the less fortunate and understand things are not as easy as...... "There are plenty of ways of prevention".

How is paying more taxes because you make more money a moral issue? And morals are not determined by socioeconomic status. Either you are a good person and try your best to live the right way or you don?t. If people don?t live by their morals and exhibit good character, then people may find themselves caught up in the criminal element of society. It?s all about their decisions. Just like a decision to take precautions to prevent a pregnancy so you won?t have to abort. And yes, prevention should be easy because some methods are free or very cheap. Decisions decisions.

Bdawg
11-03-2022, 09:18 PM
People disagreeing on abortion? Weird.

When does life start? Intercourse? Conception? Heartbeat? Birth? First breath? If you ask a million people you'll get a million different answers. Nobody can agree on this. And if nobody agrees when the right to life even begins, it probably shouldn't be something the gubbermant gets overly involved with, making laws and enforcement policies, etc... Big brother and all... it'll change constantly every time the other political party takes office. New laws, new health impacts, new population impacts, legal consequences, judicial/penal system impacts, etc... It's a never ending cycle over an argument that the government needs to stay away from until we either become super enlightened as an entire society and an obvious answer slaps us in the face and/or we have new science and technology developments that impact the argument (e.g., all of a sudden there are no more accidental pregnancies).

I am a personally pro-life. I don't think I could sanction it or agree with it if it were a personal issue... but I also don't think everyone should be pro life just because I am. So, from a policy perspective I've always leaned a little more pro-choice because I'm generally supportive of "pro-less government-involvement" in most social dilemmas...

What happened to states rights? Is that still a thing? The citizens of Mississippi and the citizens of California may have very different, deeply entrenched cultural beliefs on this issue. Why can't Mississippi have different laws than California? Why is this a federal government issue now? If it's a national issue, why isn't a global issue?

Please play nice in the sandbox when discussing.

Well this is exactly what the Supreme Court ruling did. All it did was send the power back to the states to make their own laws in regards to abortion. It?s where it should be now.

Bdawg
11-03-2022, 09:35 PM
I just got off the boat from my cruise to this mess....
Lovely.

Ha ha. I try to keep it civil. Buts it’s like this: gameday to breaking windows, to bad parents, to no morals, to abortion, to God and Israelites. It all ties together!!! We have crime because of bad parents, no morals, or having God being the compass in our life!! Ha!!!!

Tater
11-03-2022, 09:51 PM
Well this is exactly what the Supreme Court ruling did. All it did was send the power back to the states to make their own laws in regards to abortion. It?s where it should be now.

No you have it backwards. The original ruling left it up to individual people to decide what's right. This ruling now stripped that decision and is opening the door for more government involvement.

You sound like a "the United States are" instead of a "the United States is" type of person and if that's the case then your state should just secede and see how long it lasts without Federal welfare distribution. Good luck.

Bdawg
11-04-2022, 02:45 PM
No you have it backwards. The original ruling left it up to individual people to decide what's right. This ruling now stripped that decision and is opening the door for more government involvement.

You sound like a "the United States are" instead of a "the United States is" type of person and if that's the case then your state should just secede and see how long it lasts without Federal welfare distribution. Good luck.

Sorry you are wrong. The original ruling brought the federal government into something it should have never been in the first place. You need to brush up on the constitution and enumerated powers. That’s the problem with the fed gov., they stick their nose into things they are not supposed to and just cause more problems. Why bring up succession? Not one person here has mentioned that. Would suit me if they got rid of welfare. Would put a lot of lazy people to work and make the states more responsible with money when it comes to hand outs. Would keep the federal gov from using programs to buy votes too.

Tater
11-04-2022, 06:57 PM
Sorry you are wrong. The original ruling brought the federal government into something it should have never been in the first place. You need to brush up on the constitution and enumerated powers. That’s the problem with the fed gov., they stick their nose into things they are not supposed to and just cause more problems. Why bring up succession? Not one person here has mentioned that. Would suit me if they got rid of welfare. Would put a lot of lazy people to work and make the states more responsible with money when it comes to hand outs. Would keep the federal gov from using programs to buy votes too.

The state of Mississippi would not survive without federal subsidies and welfare.

And again Roe v. Wade was the fed gov saying people have personal privacy and rights to their bodies (in more than just abortions). This blocked governments (fed, state, county) from intervening in these PERSONAL decisions.

I don't know how you see it as anything but opening the door for MORE government regulation. You have to be willfully misunderstanding it at this point.