PDA

View Full Version : The On3 Auburn guy is saying AU boosters pushing back on Cohen...

CadaverDawg
10-29-2022, 11:15 PM
This would be the most State thing ever. Most State fans are finally ok with losing one of our key athletic department pieces, and the damn AU boosters are going to send his ass back to us. Lol

https://i.imgflip.com/6ytzjv.jpg

msu15
10-30-2022, 12:00 AM
If we let him come crawling back to us......

War Machine Dawg
10-30-2022, 12:07 AM
If we let him come crawling back to us......

You know we will. It's what we do. Accept our place as the conference bottom bitch and just be happy to be there.

PikeDawg15
10-30-2022, 12:07 AM
You can?t let him come back

If you wanna talk about bad optics

That?s even worse than him leaving .

Todd4State
10-30-2022, 12:37 AM
He may or may not be at Auburn- but I can't see us letting him come back.

Would be the last in a number of embarrassing moments for Cohen. Everything he has done has been amateur hour as our AD- Moorhead, Cann who had issues that were known about before we hired him- think about it- there was a good reason why Tulane didn't want him, and even the search for Lemonis was poorly done. Talking about the Schlossnagle thing and going on the radio and talking about how we were going to get someone with all of this Omaha experience.

Beyond that marketing has suffered greatly and MSU staffers immediately got noticeably lazy because Cohen had no clue if they were doing their job well or not.

Everything he has done it has felt like we hired a baseball coach to be our AD and he just had this massive learning curve that he only grasped on a small scale.

Our NIL would be a disaster had it not been for Charlie Winfield as Cohen's boy failed miserably. And after Cohen's NIL failed we just threw our hands in the air and said forget it.

And then he pulls this with Auburn? Ummm....no.

Todd4State
10-30-2022, 12:45 AM
Furthermore, we need to hire a real AD with AD experience. And we need to get away from the Larry Templeton circle of MSU groomed AD's. Which is the biggest reason I hope we get Currie over Benko.

Plus I'm not worried about Currie with baseball considering that he is the guy that hired Tony Vitello.

Right now we need to improve our football recruiting by pumping in more money to it and facilities- close in the stadium and IPF. Our marketing needs to get back to where it was under Byrne and Stricklin. And we need to focus on building up our NIL resources.

We need to stop thinking about how we can do more with less except for baseball and start utilizing our resources.

And maybe figure out how to get out of these P5 contracts that run through 2032 or something ridiculous like that and start playing in Kickoff Classics instead.

War Machine Dawg
10-30-2022, 01:07 AM
Furthermore, we need to hire a real AD with AD experience. And we need to get away from the Larry Templeton circle of MSU groomed AD's. Which is the biggest reason I hope we get Currie over Benko.

Plus I'm not worried about Currie with baseball considering that he is the guy that hired Tony Vitello.

Right now we need to improve our football recruiting by pumping in more money to it and facilities- close in the stadium and IPF. Our marketing needs to get back to where it was under Byrne and Stricklin. And we need to focus on building up our NIL resources.

We need to stop thinking about how we can do more with less except for baseball and start utilizing our resources.

And maybe figure out how to get out of these P5 contracts that run through 2032 or something ridiculous like that and start playing in Kickoff Classics instead.

Aw HELLLLL no! We're on the verge of a 9 or 10 game SEC schedule. The absolute last thing we need is to play a big name P5 team as one of our 2 or 3 OOC games. We should be scheduling the SWAC and the 2 easiest G5 teams possible, unless you're happy with 6-6 as our ceiling, but more realistically 4-8.

msu15
10-30-2022, 02:01 AM

Agree with everything you said except for that last sentence. Nothing has worn out it's welcome more than those lame week one neutral site games. Give me home and homes all day over them. Bama-Texas, Georgia-Notre Dame, Auburn-Penn State etc were great games and atmospheres to watch.