PDA

View Full Version : My Conversation with an Oklahoma Fan Tonight

Goldendawg
10-29-2022, 08:29 PM
My son and I ate at a local pizza place tonight. A lot of out of state people travel through to get warranty work done on their motor home at a local industry. Guy was sitting across from us in a Boomer Sooner t-shirt, told him I was a State fan and we talked has we watched the OM/aTm game. His thoughts on joining the SEC:

A. Hopes they can join before 2025.
B. Interested in seeing how schedules work out.
C. Knows their games will be much tougher week in and week out.
D. Thinks TX is a paper tiger who think they are much better than they are and will fit in great again with aTm.
E. Congrats to me on our winning the championship in baseball this year. Me,"that was OM". Him, Oh yeah, yours was year before last.
F. See E., we still have identity problems in a lot of the nation vs. OM.

msu15
10-29-2022, 09:11 PM
I can't wait for them and Texas to join, especially if it means 9 game conference schedule. The 6-1-1 rotation has gotten so stale.

Quaoarsking
10-29-2022, 09:13 PM
I'm going to go out on a small limb and say that Leach beats Oklahoma the first time they come to Starkville

... and the first time we go to Norman.

Homedawg
10-29-2022, 09:20 PM
I'm going to go out on a small limb and say that Leach beats Oklahoma the first time they come to Starkville

... and the first time we go to Norman.

Brave take. But ok. I'll go w there's more chance he never coaches once against them than plays them twice. And zero that he beats them twice.

Saltydog
10-29-2022, 09:23 PM
My son and I ate at a local pizza place tonight. A lot of out of state people travel through to get warranty work done on their motor home at a local industry. Guy was sitting across from us in a Boomer Sooner t-shirt, told him I was a State fan and we talked has we watched the OM/aTm game. His thoughts on joining the SEC:

A. Hopes they can join before 2025.
B. Interested in seeing how schedules work out.
C. Knows their games will be much tougher week in and week out.
D. Thinks TX is a paper tiger who think they are much better than they are and will fit in great again with aTm.
E. Congrats to me on our winning the championship in baseball this year. Me,"that was OM". Him, Oh yeah, yours was year before last.

Makes the guy look like an idiot that he didn't know who his team played in the CWS finals.......

Goldendawg
10-29-2022, 09:30 PM
Makes the guy look like an idiot that he didn't know who his team played in the CWS finals.......

Season ticket holder in OK football. Not many programs love baseball like many of our fans.

State82
10-29-2022, 09:37 PM

And we always will. Anyone that thinks the population outside of the southeast footprint knows the difference between us and UM is delusional. They don't.

Activated Alpha
10-29-2022, 09:58 PM
Brave take. But ok. I'll go w there's more chance he never coaches once against them than plays them twice. And zero that he beats them twice.

Hmmmm what do you know? 👀

Bothrops
10-29-2022, 10:02 PM
What happened to the Sooners losing to K-State again today***

Reunion Dog
10-30-2022, 05:29 AM
KState beat OK State today

Bothrops
10-30-2022, 06:56 AM

I know but I get the two Oklahoma schools confused***

Goldendawg
10-30-2022, 01:23 PM
I know but I get the two Oklahoma schools confused***

So we and OM aren't the only ones?****

dawgoneyall
10-30-2022, 01:32 PM

Nice...well done.

Jack Lambert
10-30-2022, 05:11 PM
Season ticket holder in OK football. Not many programs love baseball like many of our fans.

Well they better learn.

IMissJack
10-30-2022, 08:00 PM
You should have said I remember when Barry Sanders played for y?all. Maybe that would help him with school identity.

Goldendawg
10-30-2022, 08:11 PM
You should have said I remember when Barry Sanders played for y?all. Maybe that would help him with school identity.

I did have to ask him what their record was this year, as I didn't know. He said 5-3 and made a response about their starting QB getting hurt against someone that led to a loss. Heck, it was an informed, nice discussion. I wasn't even "mean" to him like I was to those aTm fans after we beat them at State!****** Hail State! He did say that they will be tested in all SEC games and he looked forward to visiting all the SEC stadiums, as he had been to all the Big 12 and some of the B10. Enjoyed conversation,