PDA

View Full Version : Who?s it going to be?

Hambone
10-29-2022, 05:04 PM
Now that Cohen is officially gone, who do we bring on?

Sitting AD from somewhere?

Take a chance on a young Byrne type?

msu15
10-29-2022, 05:06 PM
My heart wants to say promote Rhett since we went to state together but he's just too young and not ready for it in my opinion. John Currie would be a good fit.

CadaverDawg
10-29-2022, 05:07 PM
I feel like at worst we can get Benko, who is really solid but inexperienced at actually being an AD. However, that seems to be our mantra, so he would be good.

But I think we should go after Currie

Leeshouldveflanked
10-29-2022, 05:10 PM
Currie, Benko, Hartwell

dawgday166
10-29-2022, 05:10 PM
When Cohen gets to AU ... I imagine Moorhead could be hired away from Akron to replace Harsin.

CadaverDawg
10-29-2022, 05:14 PM
When Cohen gets to AU ... I imagine Moorhead could be hired away from Akron to replace Harsin.

I laughed. Moorhead says to you...."pound sand!"

BrunswickDawg
10-29-2022, 05:15 PM
I feel like at worst we can get Benko, who is really solid but inexperienced at actually being an AD. However, that seems to be our mantra, so he would be good.

But I think we should go after Currie

Benko did a great job with the Helton hire at GSU

dawgday166
10-29-2022, 05:18 PM
I laughed. Moorhead says to you...."pound sand!"

I'm still pounding sand from 2018 ... that motherf***er.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Will Cohen go the Savant, Genius, or Hookers route when hiring the new football coach?

dawgday166
10-29-2022, 05:44 PM
Will Cohen go the Savant, Genius, or Hookers route when hiring the new football coach?

LMAO ... good one!

BayouDawg
10-29-2022, 10:17 PM
So is it true that Cohen and state relationship has soured and thats why he is taking the job?
I cant say Im sad to see him go.

Bothrops
10-29-2022, 10:30 PM
Whoever it will be, you can bet we'll want him gone in 3 years, unless he's actually good, which means we lose him within that time period. Lol wish I was kidding.

PikeDawg15
10-29-2022, 10:36 PM
So is it true that Cohen and state relationship has soured and thats why he is taking the job?
I cant say Im sad to see him go.

From what I?ve seen and heard from people . The story is that he pissed off the wrong people .

msu15
10-29-2022, 10:41 PM
From what I?ve seen and heard from people . The story is that he pissed off the wrong people .

I'm ecstatic that we actually have people with some balls.

Dawgology
10-29-2022, 10:46 PM
I was not going to say anything but I applied for it. Expecting an interview call any day now.

BayouDawg
10-29-2022, 10:51 PM

I never understood the hire in the first place.

LC Dawg
10-29-2022, 10:53 PM
I was not going to say anything but I applied for it. Expecting an interview call any day now.

Me too. I'm an alum so I meet the first requirement.

EdwardDrayton
10-29-2022, 10:57 PM
Thank the Lord. Didn’t think this would happen until 2030.

maroonmania
10-29-2022, 11:25 PM
I'm ecstatic that we actually have people with some balls.

I was actually surprised he got our job when he got it and am even more surprised that another SEC school wants him. Seems very different than the Stricklin situation where he had been a part of several athletic departments. Cohen has no AD experience outside the few years he's been ours. And it made more sense for him to be our AD since he's an alum but I just think it shows how dysfunctional Auburn is to take a guy with such little experience that has never been a part of the Auburn environment. Cohen should have LOTS of fun dealing with the Auburn folks that run things behind the scenes.

Goldendawg
10-29-2022, 11:28 PM
Me too. I'm an alum so I meet the first requirement.

Have you coached baseball and are you always the smartest person in the room?

maroonmania
10-29-2022, 11:32 PM
Have you coached baseball and are you always the smartest person in the room?

OK, I guess Ron Polk will be our next AD. He meets the criteria and is already in Starkville.

War Machine Dawg
10-30-2022, 12:04 AM
OK, I guess Ron Polk will be our next AD. He meets the criteria and is already in Starkville.

Don't even put that idea into the universe. With our "leadership," a few with enough stroke would think it's a good idea and make it happen.

PikeDawg15
10-30-2022, 12:13 AM
Phuck

You have spoken it into existence

NOOOOOOOO

MaroonFlounder
10-30-2022, 08:58 AM
Whoever it will be, you can bet we'll want him gone in 3 years, unless he's actually good, which means we lose him within that time period. Lol wish I was kidding.

This may be the truest statement in message board history.

Maroonthirteen
10-30-2022, 09:07 AM
I hope the new AD is John David Wicker. We need an Ad that can get the BIL up and going. We need an AD that is a strong fund raiser and experienced with large capital improvements. He has the experience.

Read the bio..

https://goaztecs.com/staff-directory/john-david-wicker/3

EdwardDrayton
10-30-2022, 09:10 AM
LOL!! Hey Coach, we blinked and 2030 is actually here!!!

Dawgology
10-30-2022, 10:09 AM

Update: just got a call from an administrator named Bert Stare. He says I?ve basically got the job.

WSOPdawg
10-30-2022, 10:39 AM
I was actually surprised he got our job when he got it and am even more surprised that another SEC school wants him. Seems very different than the Stricklin situation where he had been a part of several athletic departments. Cohen has no AD experience outside the few years he's been ours. And it made more sense for him to be our AD since he's an alum but I just think it shows how dysfunctional Auburn is to take a guy with such little experience that has never been a part of the Auburn environment. Cohen should have LOTS of fun dealing with the Auburn folks that run things behind the scenes.

Agree. I'm not complaining b/c I've never liked Cohen as our AD. IMO, our athletic department is the weakest it's been in a long time. I'm also of the opinion that many Auburn fans will be like "WTF is this, surely we an do better."

I definitely think we've gotten an early Christmas present.

No BS Dawg
10-30-2022, 10:51 AM
John David Wicker?. I agree with this 100%..

DownwardDawg
10-30-2022, 11:19 AM
Byrne

Saban is about to retire and become the AD at Bama. He will make the hire for his replacement. Byrne is ready to come back to a place that he can actually make decisions and people respect what he does.

PikeDawg15
10-30-2022, 11:59 AM
If we have balls. Hire another power 5 AD like John Currie or a proven G5 AD like that guy at Georgia southern.

But most likely we will hire from within and promote a good ole boy and continue the same process and be even further behind ole miss

I blame john Cohen for everything wrong in athletics rn

In 2017 we were positioned to leave ole miss in the dust for a long time but he effed up the hire.

Quaoarsking
10-30-2022, 12:03 PM
Remember that Currie tried to hire Leach at Tennessee, so there's probably a good connection there.

TheLostDawg
10-30-2022, 01:24 PM
Utah state ad Hartwell? I know Auburn was looking at him hard. He knows how ole miss works.
However I think they might have been looking at him to bring freeze over and maybe Auburn was told no to freeze so they went with Cohen.
Either way, the guy has experience running a big program, has done well, would be closer to home.

Catfish
10-30-2022, 01:35 PM
So is the Cohen hire dead now?

Pancho
10-30-2022, 01:45 PM
I am told that some "big boosters" at Auburn are very against the timing as well as the hire. just speculation from some low level auburn fans?

Catfish
10-30-2022, 01:47 PM
I am told that some "big boosters" at Auburn are very against the timing as well as the hire. just speculation from some low level auburn fans?

Well this has turned into a train wreck.

WSOPdawg
10-30-2022, 01:51 PM

Please, please, pretty please... no take-backs (or give-backs). Keeping my fingers crossed we are moving on from Cohen.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-30-2022, 01:52 PM

Big boosters being unhappy is genuinely the line that comes out every time anything happens at Auburn.

Catfish
10-30-2022, 01:53 PM
Please, please, pretty please... no take-backs (or give-backs). Keeping my fingers crossed we are moving on from Cohen.

Hasn't he, "screwed the pooch," here? If Auburn says no then he's probably out of a job.

Pancho
10-30-2022, 01:53 PM
I was told the press conference was today at 2pm, so maybe it fell through if they ain't fixin to step up to the mic.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-30-2022, 01:55 PM
Hasn't he, "screwed the pooch," here? If Auburn says no then he's probably out of a job.

Yeah we absolutely can't take Cohen back. If he isn't at Auburn too bad. Pack your bags.

dawgday166
10-30-2022, 01:55 PM

The more I read and learn ... this is the option I'm pulling for now.

LC Dawg
10-30-2022, 02:02 PM
I might not know anything about anything but I know Auburn wasn't this far in the process without their "big boosters" being in the loop.

DEDawg
10-30-2022, 02:10 PM
So is the Cohen hire dead now?

Their message board people are still saying it a done deal

R2Dawg
10-30-2022, 02:45 PM
Byrne

Saban is about to retire and become the AD at Bama. He will make the hire for his replacement. Byrne is ready to come back to a place that he can actually make decisions and people respect what he does.

I think I wish that were true but don't see it happening.

Dawgology
10-30-2022, 04:59 PM
I know it doesnt mean a lot but I was over in Tuscaloosa at a conference and randomly ran into a ?big time booster? who said he was cut out of the loop shortly after Cohen took over. He said several were and that most of them lessened or withheld their donations. I thought he was full of bullshit until he started showing me texts on his phone from Cohen. This was about a year ago.

schddog72
10-30-2022, 07:46 PM
My heart wants to say promote Rhett since we went to state together but he's just too young and not ready for it in my opinion. John Currie would be a good fit.

IF this is the same John Currie (sp?) who was at Tennessee, then NO WAY JOSE!! That guy was a disaster at UT and they couldn't wait to get rid of him!! Heard this directly from a big UT fan from Knoxville. I understand most of the fan base felt about him about the same we ours feels about Cohenz.