PDA

View Full Version : Cohen has left

PikeDawg15
10-29-2022, 04:55 PM
https://twitter.com/jonsokoloff/status/1586470055520489473?s=46&t=KhCwcf3iUYdgucAi940jQw

Papers signed

Leeshouldveflanked
10-29-2022, 04:56 PM
He Gone!

msu15
10-29-2022, 05:05 PM
An early Christmas present for me!! Maybe he will take Leach with him and we can have a much needed reset as a program!

Saltydog
10-29-2022, 05:10 PM
What does it tell you when your last two AD's (both MSU alums) leave to go to rival conference schools?

dawgday166
10-29-2022, 05:13 PM
What does it tell you when your last two AD's (both MSU alums) leave to go to rival conference schools?

Yea ... I get that too. I don't know any of the backroom stuff but from where I'm sitting it don't promote optimism. Especially cause I thought one of the main reasons Cohen was hired was how devoutly loyal he was to MSU.

Leroy Jenkins
10-29-2022, 05:13 PM

Tells me you need new favorites.

FISHDAWG
10-29-2022, 05:14 PM
An early Christmas present for me!! Maybe he will take Leach with him and we can have a much needed reset as a program!

Or he could come after Lemonis ... either way we're vulnerable

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-29-2022, 05:15 PM
Yea ... I get that too. I don't know any of the backroom stuff but from where I'm sitting it don't promote optimism. Especially cause I thought one of the main reasons Cohen was hired was how devoutly loyal he was to MSU.

Yeah Cohen was a lazy hire. I don't see any reason why we can't make a much better hire this go around.

662dawg
10-29-2022, 05:16 PM

Maybe the problem isn't the AD, but instead the ones above him?

Hambone
Will Cohen fire Harsin tomorrow and hire Kiffin by Friday??

Eric Nies Grind Time

That makes zero sense for multiple reasons.

BrunswickDawg
10-29-2022, 05:17 PM
That makes zero sense for multiple reasons.

No way he fires Butch right now

Homedawg
10-29-2022, 05:22 PM

That they left for better jobs.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-29-2022, 05:22 PM
No way he fires Butch right now

Lol yeah it would be insane.

Homedawg
10-29-2022, 05:23 PM

Hahahahaahahahahahahahhha funnniest shit I've read today. Comical. You are this gullible are you?

LC Dawg
10-29-2022, 05:23 PM
Y'all all said Cohen wasn't good at marketing and here he is getting everybody to talk about Mississippi State on our bye week.

Cooterpoot
10-29-2022, 05:25 PM

Stop it. That's stupid as 17.

MetEdDawg
10-29-2022, 05:26 PM
I think it shows me how stupid some of our fans are.

Auburn is bringing in Cohen knowing they are going to make a football hire. And if you really pay attention, outside of football, Auburn has one of the strongest performing athletic departments in the country.

The primary sports are solid. The secondary sports are really good.

And they trust Cohen to make a football hire and run the rest of it. But some of our fans are really not smart and think Cohen should be fired. But he's being hired by a division rival and being entrusted to make their football hire.

So this tells me we have a lot of folks that don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Lord McBuckethead
10-29-2022, 05:32 PM
Maybe the problem isn't the AD, but instead the ones above him?

Bingo.

Leroy Jenkins
10-29-2022, 05:35 PM

Auburn is bringing in Cohen knowing they are going to make a football hire. And if you really pay attention, outside of football, Auburn has one of the strongest performing athletic departments in the country.

And they trust Cohen to make a football hire and run the rest of it. But some of our fans are really not smart and think Cohen should be fired. But he's being hired by a division rival and being entrusted to make their football hire.

So this tells me we have a lot of folks that don't know what the hell they are talking about.

They trusted the last guy too.

CoachT14
10-29-2022, 05:41 PM

https://c.tenor.com/X2Y2mSQOGHsAAAAd/lmfao-rofl.gif

Why would Lemonis go to a step down baseball program?

Even if he did. I feel pretty confident that whoever the new AD was would hire an even better coach considering what our program is.

Mississippi State is now better for this regardless of how many times some of you play your Po Ole Mittippi Tate diatribes

Coursesuper
10-29-2022, 05:43 PM
That they left for better jobs. Better jobs with more $$ and resources to work with than will ever be seen here.

CoachT14
10-29-2022, 05:44 PM

More like Auburn hired a guy they knew was looking to leave because he was sub par here and they know he?s desperate so they hired someone their Boosters can make a puppet.

CaptainObvious
10-29-2022, 05:48 PM
More like Auburn hired a guy they knew was looking to leave because he was sub par here and they know he?s desperate so they hired someone their Boosters can make a puppet.

Well he has had good practice at this the past 7 years so he should feel comfortable at AU.

BeardoMSU
10-29-2022, 05:57 PM
Bingo.

Ouch.

What assistant secretary are we about to promote to AD, lol?

Saltydog
10-29-2022, 06:01 PM
That they left for better jobs.

Exactly but it also tells you they were doing their jobs pretty well when the big boys of the league come after them. It also tells where we are and where we'll always be in the pecking order of the SEC. Again, at MSU we devour our own and have the "we can always do better " mentality only to find out in due time that the grass isn't always greener.

RocketDawg
10-29-2022, 06:04 PM
Didn't take long from rumor til done.

Dawg2003
10-29-2022, 06:05 PM
Exactly but it also tells you they were doing their jobs pretty well when the big boys of the league come after them. It also tells where we are and where we'll always be in the pecking order of the SEC. Again, at MSU we devour our own and have the "we can always do better " mentality only to find out in due time that the grass isn't always greener.

People wanted him gone so bad, but who will replace him? They must think we have a line of candidates.

Liverpooldawg
10-29-2022, 06:06 PM
The thing that some of you are missing is the AD at Auburn has always been rumored to be a figurehead.

civildawg
10-29-2022, 06:08 PM
I swear some of you would still have croom as our head coach because of the ?well who would we hire? line. Cohen was a lazy hire and now you think we can?t replace him with someone better? Please go to genespage with that line of thinking

CaptainObvious
10-29-2022, 06:12 PM
Don?t care if he goes or stays. Too many times at Mississippi State we make Favorite Son Alums bigger than they should be! Usually to our detriment. If people think he was in over his head at State, wait until he meets with the Auburn Money Men. Wait until Nell meets some of those Old Style Southern Ladies down at Auburn and gets explained the way things go down there.

dawgday166
10-29-2022, 06:13 PM
People wanted him gone so bad, but who will replace him? They must think we have a line of candidates.

We always have a list of excellent, top notch candidates lined up to come lead us to SEC and Natty titles. An SEC title & CFP in 3 years or less football coach is just around the corner. There are several that wanna come to MSU right now.

Activated Alpha
10-29-2022, 06:13 PM
Ok so trying to wrap my head around some of lines of thinking. Some of y?all are saying AU is a better program than us and that Cohen upgraded jobs. But then some have said that a lot of ADs have said no to AU because they are a dumpster fire. So is AU a better program?

Also if AU struggled to get an AD only to poach ours what does that say about our AD search?

Either AU is not a better program or some of y?all need to think realistically on who we get as our next AD

TheLostDawg
10-29-2022, 06:14 PM

I believe it's more for the fact that Cohen is tough and isn't going to let the boosters bully him into doing certain things. That's what got Auburn in this mess.
We on the other hand need someone aggressive and gets the fan base more involved, raise money. We should at least be matching what ole miss does with most things

dawgday166
10-29-2022, 06:17 PM
I believe it's more for the fact that Cohen is tough and isn't going to let the boosters bully him into doing certain things. That's what got Auburn in this mess.
We on the other hand need someone aggressive and gets the fan base more involved, raise money. We should at least be matching what ole miss does with most things

I can see all of this. I do think AU is a dumpster fire right now in football.

DudyDawg
10-29-2022, 06:18 PM
Ok so trying to wrap my head around some of lines of thinking. Some of y?all are saying AU is a better program than us and that Cohen upgraded jobs. But then some have said that a lot of ADs have said no to AU because they are a dumpster fire. So is AU a better program?

Also if AU struggled to get an AD only to poach ours what does that say about our AD search?

Either AU is not a better program or some of y?all need to think realistically on who we get as our next AD

one thought: Auburn is generally better than us in athletics.

My other thought: is there one tangible thing John Cohen initiated that improved our athletics?

Leeshouldveflanked
10-29-2022, 06:19 PM
The thing that some of you are missing is the AD at Auburn has always been rumored to be a figurehead.
Just like Florida.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-29-2022, 06:21 PM

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

MetEdDawg
10-29-2022, 06:28 PM

Anyone that thinks Auburn isn't a better job than us is stupid plain and simple. They have deeper pockets, larger reach, more national prominence, and I think top to bottom are only behind Bama in the conference as far as strength of athletic programs across the board.

He's going to have a lot of money to work with, an extremely passionate fan base, and alumni that will do whatever it takes to win. That's not us, which means it's a better job.

Activated Alpha
10-29-2022, 06:32 PM
Anyone that thinks Auburn isn't a better job than us is stupid plain and simple. They have deeper pockets, larger reach, more national prominence, and I think top to bottom are only behind Bama in the conference as far as strength of athletic programs across the board.

He's going to have a lot of money to work with, an extremely passionate fan base, and alumni that will do whatever it takes to win. That's not us, which means it's a better job.

Which means we need to realistically think how our own AD search is going to go....

Leeshouldveflanked
10-29-2022, 06:33 PM
If Cohen doesnt hire the right football coach he wont make it to Christmas 2023.

civildawg
10-29-2022, 06:34 PM
You can go hire a lower level conference AD who has done good things. Some of you make this way harder than it should be. Do I need to remind everyone that Cohen literally had ZERO AD experience anywhere and we still hired him.

MetEdDawg
10-29-2022, 06:39 PM
Which means we need to realistically think how our own AD search is going to go....

We need someone that can get us more money and improve our recruiting departments across all sports. Period. That's the name of the game now is money and recruiting

We need someone that can come in that understands what it means to get the money and facilities needed to compete and recruit. If we want to take a step up as a university, it starts there.

Liverpooldawg
10-29-2022, 06:43 PM

I guess we COULD mess up and hire a coach in a small sport that has absolutely ZERO experience in athletic administration.

State82
10-29-2022, 06:45 PM

Jimmy Rane & Co. are the AD at AU.

SDDawg
10-29-2022, 06:54 PM

Auburn hired Harsin (who had a floozy on payroll in the wings). Haven't been worth a damn in 10 years. Tell me again how much they know about football?!?

SDDawg
10-29-2022, 06:54 PM
We need someone that can get us more money and improve our recruiting departments across all sports. Period. That's the name of the game now is money and recruiting

We need someone that can come in that understands what it means to get the money and facilities needed to compete and recruit. If we want to take a step up as a university, it starts there.

Rhett Hobart for AD. IYKYK

SDDawg
10-29-2022, 06:55 PM
Anyone worried about Cohen leaving hasn't been paying attention the last 5 years.

SailingDawg
10-29-2022, 06:55 PM

It tells you that we bring in successful and capable people who can move on to the next level.

DudyDawg
10-29-2022, 06:57 PM
Rhett Hobart for AD. IYKYK

Run the show marketing/branding, not hiring. But yes, he needs to be important in the department.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2022, 06:57 PM

This exactly.

Pinto
10-29-2022, 06:59 PM
Why? He?s a good ole boy hire and the type of employee we need purged from the athletic department.

Run the show marketing/branding, not hiring. But yes, he needs to be important in the department.

LC Dawg
10-29-2022, 07:01 PM

In regards to big hires (football for most and basketball for some) most P5 ADs are.

CaptainObvious
10-29-2022, 07:08 PM
Why? He?s a good ole boy hire and the type of employee we need purged from the athletic department.

Pinto gets it. No more good Ol boy hires. Bring in a Elon Musk clone and let?s get this thing cleaned up and running like a well oiled machine.

LC Dawg
10-29-2022, 07:14 PM
Pinto gets it. No more good Ol boy hires. Bring in a Elon Musk clone and let?s get this thing cleaned up and running like a well oiled machine.

Hell, let's just bring in Elon. He doesn't seem to have much going on.***

Saltydog
10-29-2022, 07:17 PM

His nickname isn't the intense bastard for no reason.......He's nobody's puppet and rubs a lot of people the wrong way........

was21
10-29-2022, 07:30 PM
Everybody is somebody's puppet. Cohen is a puppet for the cigar boys at State and he will be the same at auburn...they just have more yellawood.

TheLostDawg
10-29-2022, 07:44 PM
I guess we COULD mess up and hire a coach in a small sport that has absolutely ZERO experience in athletic administration.

Byrne coaches Cohen up just as he did with Strickland. Cohen was always the plan long term.
Rhett needs to be involved but if we hire within, I'm done. There is just no hope. They need new ideas, not just how to get by with spending less. We need new blood with fire and that's going to get people involved and buy in. Much like Mullen did when he initially got here with our football program

WhiskeyPirate
10-29-2022, 07:49 PM
Auburn hired Harsin (who had a floozy on payroll in the wings). Haven't been worth a damn in 10 years. Tell me again how much they know about football?!?

Which is why they are bringing in Cohen to make a football hire. Leach is seen as a good hire.

Goldendawg
10-29-2022, 07:57 PM

Read on here many times that Cohen has gutted our Athletic Dept and hired his people only. How many "yes men or women" does he carry with him to AU. I will not miss him.

Homedawg
10-29-2022, 08:14 PM
Read on here many times that Cohen has gutted our Athletic Dept and hired his people only. How many "yes men or women" does he carry with him to AU. I will not miss him.

Not a sole

Todd4State
10-29-2022, 08:14 PM
Byrne coaches Cohen up just as he did with Strickland. Cohen was always the plan long term.
Rhett needs to be involved but if we hire within, I'm done. There is just no hope. They need new ideas, not just how to get by with spending less. We need new blood with fire and that's going to get people involved and buy in. Much like Mullen did when he initially got here with our football program

This 100%

Which is why they are bringing in Cohen to make a football hire. Leach is seen as a good hire.

The perception about MSU is completely different between fans and outsiders.

Todd4State
10-29-2022, 08:15 PM

If I remember correctly he basically kept everyone. Maybe I'm wrong.

DudyDawg
10-29-2022, 08:15 PM

I don?t think being a state guy makes you a good ole boy. He?s been recognized within his field multiple times for being good at what he does, regardless of the school employing him. Still isn?t an AD, but good ole boy? Stop.

BeardoMSU
10-29-2022, 08:17 PM
Not a sole

Here's a great recipe for sole.**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZhf2__OMwE&ab_channel=MindofaChef

WhiskeyPirate
10-29-2022, 08:18 PM
This 100%

The perception about MSU is completely different between fans and outsiders.
The internet low iq crowd isn’t the MSU fan base. Most MSU fans are happy with leach. Just a few dumb loud mouths who think Bubba Faulk is a genius.

WSOPdawg
10-29-2022, 08:27 PM

"Hallelujah"

Dawgtini
10-29-2022, 08:31 PM
I love Cohen and leach. I hope this falls through.

CaptainObvious
10-29-2022, 08:56 PM
I love Cohen and leach. I hope this falls through.
I love Mississippi State University! I hope whatever happens works out for the University?s Athletics programs!

Goldendawg
10-29-2022, 09:02 PM
Since Elon has bought Twitter, if Cohen leaves does this mean Leach can post again?*****

PikeDawg15
10-29-2022, 09:08 PM
I love Mississippi State University! I hope whatever happens works out for the University?s Athletics programs!

Rep.

I?d be cool with 2 hobos running our Football program as long as we win games.

Bothrops
10-29-2022, 09:20 PM
Extremely baffling turn of events. Cohen was in over his head as AD, not that it was his fault, he just wasn't cut out for it. Now he runs to Auburn, who is desperate, to take on more responsibility and urgency. Wow

Goldendawg
10-29-2022, 09:24 PM
AU is a dumpster fire. They should have hired someone from Ole Miss. They have a fire extinguisher on their sideline.***

parabrave
10-29-2022, 11:23 PM

bring back Vic

Goldendawg
10-29-2022, 11:33 PM

You should be drawn and quartered for implying college baseball "a small sport"*****

Bothrops
10-30-2022, 06:53 AM
If Cohen doesnt hire the right football coach he wont make it to Christmas 2023.

Think Auburn already knows who they want, regardless of Cohen sitting at the desk. They just needed an AD in place.

R2Dawg
10-30-2022, 08:18 AM
Will Cohen fire Harsin tomorrow and hire Kiffin by Friday??

Ha, Cohen might be all Dawg if he does that. Do it right before the egg bowl and leak it out to CL.