PDA

View Full Version : So

Cooterpoot
10-29-2022, 09:00 AM
John Cohen might be retiring. Hmm
This really could be a great November!

msstate7
10-29-2022, 09:08 AM
Retiring? He thinking of coaching again?

BeardoMSU
10-29-2022, 09:19 AM
Who's the lucky (and very qualified) soul that will be promoted from in-house?***

Cooterpoot
10-29-2022, 09:22 AM
Apparently he's after the AU job. I can't see it happening. Looks like it's just message board talk, because AU ain't hiring Cohen.

BeardoMSU
10-29-2022, 09:26 AM
Apparently he's after the AU job. I can't see it happening. Looks like it's just message board talk, because AU ain't hiring Cohen.

Lolz

Quaoarsking
10-29-2022, 09:27 AM
I support Cohen getting the Auburn AD job. Not because I don't like Cohen, and certainly not because I think there's even the slightest chance that he will get it (or even wants it honestly), but I think having "Mississippi State guys" in 2 other SEC AD jobs in addition to our own would be a good thing.

Basically any time the ADs vote, we would have 3 of 16 voters looking out for us instead of just 1 (maybe 4 if Byrne still loves us). Let's place our people all over the conference.

RiverCityDawg
10-29-2022, 09:52 AM

I think it's more that he wouldn't take the job. Why would anyone take on that mess that can get equal money somewhere else? Expectations versus reality and obstacles is way out of wack there more than anywhere else.

Hambone
10-29-2022, 09:55 AM
John Hartwell will be Auburns next AD.

CaptainObvious
10-29-2022, 09:55 AM
Poppycock. Auburn is a mess but they ain?t that desperate to take on an AD that has literally been learning on the fly by the seat of his pants process. They CAN do better. So CAN WE!

CoachT14
10-29-2022, 10:24 AM

We wouldn’t be this lucky

Cooterpoot
10-29-2022, 10:26 AM
No damn body with any sense is hiring John Cohen for AD. The guy is not good at his job. Heck, I'd love for AU to hire him but they aren't doing that. He's going to Mullen it into a raise from our stupid people.

Saltydog
10-29-2022, 10:41 AM

Move Leach to AD and hire a football coach***

PGHBulldogBG
10-29-2022, 10:56 AM
I get the impression that Cohen must be using this for leverage. I am by no means a Cohen hater and I think he has done a decent job, but he is not getting the Auburn job unless Auburn is crazier than I thought. I would hope that we don’t give him any kind of raise or extension. He has not performed well enough to do that.

Hambone
10-29-2022, 11:15 AM
No damn body with any sense is hiring John Cohen for AD. The guy is not good at his job. Heck, I'd love for AU to hire him but they aren't doing that. He's going to Mullen it into a raise from our stupid people.

You were saying?

Hambone
10-29-2022, 11:16 AM
https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1586390203270397953?s=46&t=0pZy6BMEs5aNtJIHxl-PTA

civildawg
10-29-2022, 11:19 AM
This reeks of him trying to leverage us into a raise. Let him walk and go hire an actual experienced AD

Leeshouldveflanked
10-29-2022, 11:27 AM
YES! YES! YES!

confucius say
10-29-2022, 11:28 AM
Not sure why y'all view Cohen so negatively. He hired a coach who has us as a 7-5 annual program, which is great here when viewed by people outside of here. He made a good baseball hire. And people are high on Jans.

I don't like his marketing though

Hambone
10-29-2022, 11:29 AM
https://twitter.com/rossdellenger/status/1586391219369746434?s=46&t=0pZy6BMEs5aNtJIHxl-PTA

Liverpooldawg
10-29-2022, 11:33 AM
Poppycock. Auburn is a mess but they ain?t that desperate to take on an AD that has literally been learning on the fly by the seat of his pants process. They CAN do better. So CAN WE!

NO, he would be the PERFECT hire for Auburn. They need to make it happen!

Leeshouldveflanked
10-29-2022, 11:36 AM
MSU needs someone who can motivate and expand the MSU Fanbase. Auburn needs someone who can control theirs.

Saltydog
10-29-2022, 11:38 AM
Not sure why y'all view Cohen so negatively. He hired a coach who has us as a 7-5 annual program, which is great here when viewed by people outside of here. He made a good baseball hire. And people are high on Jans.

Agreed. We can do a lot worse than JC. Now, let's go get some "up and comer" who is greener than a grasshopper and drive our baseball program into the ground.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-29-2022, 11:53 AM
This reeks of him trying to leverage us into a raise. Let him walk and go hire an actual experienced AD
Auburn reporter John Hokanson is reporting MSU has told Cohen to be looking at open opportunities as MSU is planning on moving on from Cohen.

Saltydog
10-29-2022, 12:00 PM
Auburn reporter John Hokanson is reporting MSU has told Cohen to be looking at open opportunities as MSU is planning on moving on from Cohen.

Typical State, devour our own......

Cooterpoot
10-29-2022, 12:02 PM
Agreed. We can do a lot worse than JC. Now, let's go get some "up and comer" who is greener than a grasshopper and drive our baseball program into the ground.

No we couldn't. Anyone else with AD experience would be an upgrade. Cohen struggles big time! And now that all the national press is on it, looks like he's being told to look around. Keenum just earned my respect big time if true.

calidawg
10-29-2022, 12:04 PM
PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN. ITS TIME

msstate7
10-29-2022, 12:04 PM
Maybe he'll steal leach

R2Dawg
10-29-2022, 12:13 PM

It ain't just message board talk. Its on the SECN and ESPN ticker now. There is smoke and some smoldering embers.

Saltydog
10-29-2022, 12:14 PM
No we couldn't. Anyone else with AD experience would be an upgrade. Cohen struggles big time! And now that all the national press is on it, looks like he's being told to look around. Keenum just earned my respect big time if true.

We hire, then fire and say, "we can do better" but as history shows we typically don't over the long haul. It's rather, rinse, repeat......

KOdawg1
10-29-2022, 12:14 PM
This is great news.

confucius say
10-29-2022, 12:16 PM
Benko

Ranchdawg
10-29-2022, 12:16 PM
We hire, then fire and say, "we can do better" but as history shows we typically don't over the long haul. It's rather, rinse, repeat......

Greg Byrne?

msu15
10-29-2022, 12:22 PM

Football is the only sport in regards to college athletics. I couldn't care less about our baseball program.

CoachT14
10-29-2022, 12:22 PM

Translated:

We Po Ole Mittippi State. We need to know our place and stay with the mediocre AD cause the next guy might be worse

Homedawg
10-29-2022, 12:25 PM
Football is the only sport in regards to college athletics. I couldn't care less about our baseball program.

Well, to be quite frank, you're a dumb ass. Capital ASS.

KOdawg1
10-29-2022, 12:25 PM
Benko , Currie

Goldendawg
10-29-2022, 12:26 PM

What marketing?

Saltydog
10-29-2022, 12:26 PM

Then you're going to be disappointed your whole life because we are who we are and that's just the way it is.......The sooner you relegate yourself to accepting the truth, the happier you'll be....

Goldendawg
10-29-2022, 12:32 PM

Proud of our baseball program, but outside the SEC and a few other conferences, very few college fans nationally care about college baseball. Football pays the bills. Give it the proper focus, 88% capacity at Davis Wade and the game day experience continues to suffer. Time for a successful, experienced AD.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-29-2022, 12:40 PM
Then you're going to be disappointed your whole life because we are who we are and that's just the way it is.......The sooner you relegate yourself to accepting the truth, the happier you'll be....
As far as the future of MSU Athletics success and relevance is concerned the success of the MSU Football heavily outweighs success of MSU Baseball. Football pays for everything. If you dont have Dak Dan and 2014 you dont have the new Dude.

MaroonFlounder
10-29-2022, 01:03 PM
If you dont have Dak Dan and 2014 you dont have the new Dude.

Complete fkn BS.

MaroonFlounder
10-29-2022, 01:06 PM
Proud of our baseball program, but outside the SEC and a few other conferences, very few college fans nationally care about college baseball. Football pays the bills. Give it the proper focus, AD.

We could give it 100% of the focus and completely ignore everything but football, and still be middle pack SEC at best.

I wish that were not true, but it is.

HoopsDawg
10-29-2022, 01:07 PM
What is Auburn thinking? I guess there are only so many AD's that would leave their current position for AU. But still...LOL.

HancockCountyDog
10-29-2022, 01:44 PM
What is Auburn thinking? I guess there are only so many AD's that would leave their current position for AU. But still...LOL.

I just don?t like the optics.

I?m fine with him leaving.

PikeDawg15
10-29-2022, 01:46 PM
We could give it 100% of the focus and completely ignore everything but football, and still be middle pack SEC at best.

If we start winning in football , that will create Walmart fans .

Walmart fans make you money by buying tickets and buying merchandise and making the trip to starkville to watch

You think bama?s fans are Alum?

Bama fans were created from always winning.

I remember in 2014 in south ms people who now wear LSU shirts in Walmart , were wearing maroon.

msstate7
10-29-2022, 01:48 PM

Eh, who cares? Not like recruits are gonna say well their AD chose auburn.

Our last 2 ADs might have moved on to better athletic programs, so maybe we attract some up and comer

Cooterpoot
10-29-2022, 01:55 PM
Looks like it's pretty close to done! Looks like we picked up a win in the off week.

HoopsDawg
10-29-2022, 01:57 PM

The optics are come to MSU to be the AD. Do a mediocre job. And you will get offered by UF, Alabama or AU. That's not really true, Byrne did a great job other than messing up the Hump's atmosphere.

R2Dawg
10-29-2022, 02:00 PM
If we start winning in football , that will create Walmart fans .

Walmart fans make you money by buying tickets and buying merchandise and making the trip to starkville to watch

You think bama?s fans are Alum?

Bama fans were created from always winning.

I remember in 2014 in south ms people who now wear LSU shirts in Walmart , were wearing maroon.

Agree. The Walmart fans from winning though creates school alumni growth too. Bama has exploded since Saban has been there. I live in AL and every little kid is a Bama fan. That is a sure way to make sure you don't get made fun of at school for being a loser. I got Aub friends who battle that with their kids. Aub in a tough spot past 15 years.

Saltydog
10-29-2022, 02:01 PM

AND we have a WINNER!!!!! It's the absolute truth and a new AD will move the needle very little.......

PikeDawg15
10-29-2022, 02:09 PM
Agree. The Walmart fans from winning though creates school alumni growth too. Bama has exploded since Saban has been there. I live in AL and every little kid is a Bama fan. That is a sure way to make sure you don't get made fun of at school for being a loser. I got Aub friends who battle that with their kids. Aub in a tough spot past 15 years.

I?m afraid that?s going to happen in Mississippi

Ole miss trending up, state trending down

Growing up in south MS I had to take shit from losing to LSU every year then losing the egg bowl.

Those same LSU fans in south ms were wearing maroon in 2014. Not many people that are non alums want to root for a loser.

msstate7
10-29-2022, 02:09 PM
The optics are come to MSU to be the AD. Do a mediocre job. And you will get offered by UF, Alabama or AU. That's not really true, Byrne did a great job other than messing up the Hump's atmosphere.

3 sec programs... damn, forgot about him. We are now what ark st was with football coaches not long with ADs

Homedawg
10-29-2022, 02:12 PM

And the other side is, shows how tough that job is. If he goes, we've had not one but 2 alums leave the job here to go elsewhere. Other people see success here at whatever level and say - that's a tough ass job, he's bound to be pretty good. Imagine what he could do at our place.

Homedawg
10-29-2022, 02:13 PM

This guy gets it.

HoopsDawg
10-29-2022, 02:17 PM
And the other side is, shows how tough that job is. If he goes, we've had not one but 2 alums leave the job here to go elsewhere. Other people see success here at whatever level and say - that's a tough ass job, he's bound to be pretty good. Imagine what he could do at our place.

Yeah, that's like saying our Head Football Coach is a tough job. It's really not. Is it tough to win the SEC? Hell yes. But average 7-8 wins and you never get fired. Over half the fan base would take goober ass Dan Mullen back right now. And he was not good at UF.

Maverick91
10-29-2022, 02:19 PM

Bro? mathematically that doesnt even make sense. If you are going to lie make it believable.

Maverick91
10-29-2022, 02:31 PM
Yeah, that's like saying our Head Football Coach is a tough job. It's really not. Is it tough to win the SEC? Hell yes. But average 7-8 wins and you never get fired. Over half the fan base would take goober ass Dan Mullen back right now. And he was not good at UF.

Id take Mullen back when he was focused. I also felt a little disrespected when he coasted the tail end of every season.

Dawgface
10-29-2022, 02:38 PM
Looks like it's pretty close to done! Looks like we picked up a win in the off week.

Incredible. Never dreamed someone would hire Cohen. If true hope we get a good AD hire as whenever the Pirate boat sinks we need a fresh mind making that hire.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-29-2022, 03:10 PM
Incredible. Never dreamed someone would hire Cohen. If true hope we get a good AD hire as whenever the Pirate boat sinks we need a fresh mind making that hire.
Probably a better than 50% chance The Pirate is walking the plank November 25th.

Homedawg
10-29-2022, 03:11 PM

He went to 3 ny 6 bowls. Then one bad year. That's better than not good.

Homedawg
10-29-2022, 03:12 PM
Bro? mathematically that doesnt even make sense. If you are going to lie make it believable.

Sure it makes sense. Spending our entire budget doesn't do one thing to get better players. He's not wrong

Maverick91
10-29-2022, 03:21 PM
Sure it makes sense. Spending our entire budget doesn't do one thing to get better players. He's not wrong

Okay… so if I gave you an immediate upgrade to grow your staff and throw money at things that are under budget, it would make no difference? Yeah, that makes no sense.

HoopsDawg
10-29-2022, 03:22 PM
He went to 3 ny 6 bowls. Then one bad year. That's better than not good.

And they fired his ass. Yet 10 out 10 would say UF job better than MSU job.

TheLostDawg
10-29-2022, 03:26 PM
MSU needs someone who can motivate and expand the MSU Fanbase. Auburn needs someone who can control theirs.

This

msstate7
10-29-2022, 03:26 PM
And they fired his ass. Yet 10 out 10 would say UF job better than MSU job.

Florida is ruined bc they had spurrier and Meyer. Both are top 10 coaches of all time. They may never hit the lottery again

dawgday166
10-29-2022, 03:40 PM
Yea ... our fans are way more reasonable ****

HancockCountyDog
10-29-2022, 05:49 PM

Life comes at you fast.