PDA

View Full Version : Dr Tara E Sutton at State is mad about drag shows

Coach34
10-27-2022, 08:36 PM
being halted at some kind of festival in Oktibbeha County. This should get interesting. She teaches at State it appears. Please make your feelings known to our administration both pro and against. This is how democracy works- make your views known to the leaders.

This is what makes America great. Voice your opinion

Johnson85
10-27-2022, 09:10 PM
being halted at some kind of festival in Oktibbeha County. This should get interesting. She teaches at State it appears. Please make your feelings known to our administration both pro and against. This is how democracy works- make your views known to the leaders.

This is what makes America great. Voice your opinion

Not sure about Sutton, but there is a stink over the cotton district arts festival canceling a drag show.

?Starkville Pride said in part; ?Such celebrations would benefit festival attendees of all ages and promote inclusivity. These performances are works of art and should be treated as such.??

msstate7
10-27-2022, 09:29 PM
Not sure about Sutton, but there is a stink over the cotton district arts festival canceling a drag show.

?Starkville Pride said in part; ?Such celebrations would benefit festival attendees of all ages and promote inclusivity. These performances are works of art and should be treated as such.??

Did the arts festival schedule it to start with? Why did they cancel?

Goldendawg
10-27-2022, 09:32 PM

You can put lipstick or a lot of makeup and frilly clothes on a pig, but it's still a,........... Oh, never mind!*******

starkvegasdawg
10-27-2022, 10:16 PM

Seeing drag queens dance around benefits all ages...someone please explain to me the benefits of a group of preschoolers benefiting from seeing that? If you're 15+ and want to go to one...knock yourself out. But cut the all ages BS.

Maroonthirteen
10-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Thanks Coach.

Also, Dave of Dave's dark horse tavern was instrumental in scheduling the drag show for the festival. Just fyi.

I just want to say good job to the aldermen of Starkville that put a stop to this.

Johnson85
10-28-2022, 08:57 AM
Seeing drag queens dance around benefits all ages...someone please explain to me the benefits of a group of preschoolers benefiting from seeing that? If you're 15+ and want to go to one...knock yourself out. But cut the all ages BS.

That's exactly why I quoted that. I don't have a problem with drag shows just like I don't have a problem with strippers. Probably not the healthiest thing but I dont' think it's very productive to spend a lot of time trying to prohibit adults from doing stuff on private property that everybody involves agrees to.

But what in the hell was the CDAF thinking scheduling this at a public, supposed to be family friendly event. And why are so many of these people hell bent on exhibiting their kinks for minor children? As much as gay men had to fight the stereotype of gay men being pedophiles, it really sucks for somebody associated with an LGBTQ advocacy group to be using their position to push their interests in grooming kids.