PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana vs Southern Miss

TrapGame
10-27-2022, 07:21 PM
Since me and 7 are obviously bored here's a thread.

I didn't know USM had the youngest DC in the country (29).

PikeDawg15
10-27-2022, 07:23 PM
I got my MBA from USM

Will Hall is a damn good coach, sucks that Nobody goes to the games there anymore , usm is doing very good getting the players state and ole miss Didn?t want and transferred . That?s why their defense is very good now.

They got a lot of former MSU transfers on there

TrapGame
10-27-2022, 07:28 PM
I got my MBA from USM

Will Hall is a damn good coach, sucks that Nobody goes to the games there anymore , usm is doing very good getting the players state and ole miss Didn?t want and transferred . That?s why their defense is very good now.

Yep, my wife and I got our English degrees from USM. Good school. Beats the hell out of the snooty rich kids up north.

Saltydog
10-27-2022, 07:36 PM
I got my MBA from USM

Yes, yes he is......Their offense is fun to watch.........Right now they're spanking the Ragin' Cajuns......

TrapGame
10-27-2022, 07:44 PM
Madison Central probably has a bigger athletic budget than USM. It's good to see Will Hall actually do something.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-27-2022, 07:46 PM
Hardy Street High.

PikeDawg15
10-27-2022, 07:57 PM
Their defense is one of the best in the G5 this year

If arnett leaves, I?d give this guy a look.

PikeDawg15
10-27-2022, 07:58 PM
As I say that they score a TD LOL, still though, their defense has been great all season

FISHDAWG
10-27-2022, 07:59 PM
I remember living on campus there in married housing while my dad was getting his masters ... they were building Reed-Green collesium ... I would walk down and watch the construction and be gone most of the day then go home and take my spanking for disappearing at age 4 and go right back again the next day ... saw my first college football game there ... they were called The Southerners then ... good memories and growing up in Jones county made me a longtime fan

msstate7
10-27-2022, 08:15 PM
I remember living on campus there in married housing while my dad was getting his masters ... they were building Reed-Green collesium ... I would walk down and watch the construction and be gone most of the day then go home and take my spanking for disappearing at age 4 and go right back again the next day ... saw my first college football game there ... they were called The Southerners then ... good memories and growing up in Jones county made me a longtime fan

Age 4? Damn dude, who was watching you?

MaroonFlounder
10-27-2022, 08:26 PM
Might be the level of competition, but I see some sure-handed USM WRs that I wish were in StarkVegas

State82
10-27-2022, 08:29 PM
disappearing at age 4 and go right back again the next day

Damnit boy

TrapGame
10-27-2022, 09:04 PM
Their defense is one of the best in the G5 this year

If arnett leaves, I?d give this guy a look.

He was at Georgia for a little while on the defensive staff. He must have picked up some things from Kirby.

BrunswickDawg
10-27-2022, 09:11 PM

Had to have been a kid in the 70s - we were free range back then. At 6 I was allowed to roam a 2900 acre national battlefield on my bmx bike - just had come home when I got hungry or before the street lights came on.

FISHDAWG
10-27-2022, 09:20 PM

I would give mom the fake out ... head out back then turn hard to starboard... thus the spanking. Times were different then.

Goldendawg
10-27-2022, 09:29 PM
Heard any ex-State players mentioned or seen any make plays?

DownwardDawg
10-27-2022, 09:33 PM
Had to have been a kid in the 70s - we were free range back then. At 6 I was allowed to roam a 2900 acre national battlefield on my bmx bike - just had come home when I got hungry or before the street lights came on.

Some of my worst beatings were when I'd show up from fishing way after dark.

Goldendawg
10-27-2022, 09:40 PM
I asked by Mom once has an adult why she would let me ride my bike about half a mile up the street to the Ashland town square alone to my Dad's office when I was in early elementary. She replied, "Son, I was on the phone with every neighbor checking your progress on that ride." Early 60's, my how times have changed. I did catch it one day when I didn't make it to the office and she found me in the pool hall. Baptist, you know. Sore ear and butt for a few days!

CaptainObvious
10-27-2022, 10:45 PM
I asked by Mom once has an adult why she would let me ride my bike about half a mile up the street to the Ashland town square alone to my Dad's office when I was in early elementary. She replied, "Son, I was on the phone with every neighbor checking your progress on that ride." Early 60's, my how times have changed. I did catch it one day when I didn't make it to the office and she found me in the pool hall. Baptist, you know. Sore ear and butt for a few days!
Well, to be fair the phones were party lines so every neighbor knew everything about everyone.

FISHDAWG
10-28-2022, 07:43 AM
Heard any ex-State players mentioned or seen any make plays?

Transfer from state was one of their running backs ... can't remember his name but he was #28 - looked OK but that was against a Sunbelt team... they also had a DB playing that transferred from OM

Matt3467
10-28-2022, 08:25 AM
Transfer from state was one of their running backs ... can't remember his name but he was #28 - looked OK but that was against a Sunbelt team... they also had a DB playing that transferred from OM

Janari Dean. I remember people being really high on him when he signed here.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2022, 08:51 AM

Different time then 7. We roamed all over the place back in those days. Out all day and didn't come home til it got dark.

tcdog70
10-28-2022, 08:56 AM
Brownlee-from West Point-and Scooba Tech--wanted to come here but we signed ole Malik. he was better in JUCO than Malik.

PCHSDawg
10-28-2022, 03:26 PM
Brownlee-from West Point-and Scooba Tech--wanted to come here but we signed ole Malik. he was better in JUCO than Malik.

Would love to buy a State jersey with Brownlee on the back.

RocketDawg
10-28-2022, 07:48 PM
Different time then 7. We roamed all over the place back in those days. Out all day and didn't come home til it got dark.

Definitely different times back then. Not a lot of the crazies like we have just about everywhere now. I grew up in Meridian, a nice town back then. I'd walk to elementary school alone almost every day, about a mile away from the house. Schools were good then too.