PDA

View Full Version : Guys - MsState is 5-3. Can we let the CML stuff drop until the end of the season?

Lord McBuckethead
10-27-2022, 03:36 PM
Seriously, are we disappointed, yes. Win Auburn, ETSU, and Ole Miss and this is a pretty good looking season. Follow that up with a bowl win, and that is 9 wins. Not too shabby.
We have to compete against UGA, yep. We have to stuff the run against Auburn and UM, yep. Do it and we will be alright.

R2Dawg
10-27-2022, 03:55 PM
Seriously, are we disappointed, yes. Win Auburn, ETSU, and Ole Miss and this is a pretty good looking season. Follow that up with a bowl win, and that is 9 wins. Not too shabby.
We have to compete against UGA, yep. We have to stuff the run against Auburn and UM, yep. Do it and we will be alright.

Agree. We could finish strong and feel better about the year even if other things don't maybe.

At least quit with the poster insults. OK for everyone to have an opinion and disagree.

Here is the challenge. Win or lose, both sides say I told you so. Win or lose, we always want to critique the performance and everything about the game as what fans and boards do. With that comes the over the top feelings - we suck or we are best MSU ever.

For me, if we can get some consistency, and start to show real progress (getting better and competing every week). I'm OK. We don't have to win them all. We feel stuck in average at best and not making any moves to me which is striking too many the wrong way week to week.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2022, 04:12 PM
I agree with Lord McB and R2, 100%!

I tried to rep both of you!

Hambone
10-27-2022, 04:37 PM
How? We don’t have an SEC quarterback.

We don’t have SEC caliber assistants

We have a coach that’s checked out

Our NFL head coach message posters can all tell you that.

But, you are spot on 100%

Catfish
10-27-2022, 06:14 PM
I agree also. One game at a time. Stay positive.

99jc
10-27-2022, 08:08 PM
I still think we can win 10 games...run the table.

MaroonFlounder
10-27-2022, 08:17 PM
The dinosaur arm speech by pirate head did the trick.

The WRs won't drop another ball the rest of the season.

Or maybe it's just another cool sound bite.

lastmajordog
10-27-2022, 08:21 PM
om is banged up and will probably lose at LEAST one more game if not several......CML ABSOLUTELY HAS TO BEAT om and LK.......Mandatory ....

Cowbell
10-27-2022, 10:37 PM
This is a message board - and he is getting paid enough to take some criticism

NCMSTFAN
10-28-2022, 09:05 AM
Good post, this is about where we normally are around this time of year in terms of our record. As much as we love to dream big and expect big things out of our football program, we are pretty much on par to what we normally are. That's not an excuse to accept being in the middle of the pack, its just reality.

Our recent records after 8 games the past 10 years:
2021....5-3 - finished 7-6
2020....2-6 - finished 4-7
2019....3-5 - finished 6-7
2018....5-3 - finished 8-5
2017....6-2 - finished 9-4
2016....3-5 - finished 6-7
2015....6-2 - finished 9-4
2014....8-0 - Our magical Dak year, finished 10-3
2013....4-4 - finished 7-6
2012....7-1 - finished 8-5

Other than 2014, we are pretty much on pace to finish in the range we typically do, Im not saying its a good thing or acceptable... its just who we are

Political Hack
10-28-2022, 04:50 PM
Mike Leach is a national treasure. So long as he has a winning record (and doesn't lose to Ole Miss constantly), he's the guy.

That Will Rogers guy is pretty good too. If you complete 30-40-50 passes a game, it's up to the WRs to break a tackle or two.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2022, 04:58 PM
Mike Leach is a national treasure. So long as he has a winning record (and doesn't lose to Ole Miss constantly), he's the guy.

That Will Rogers guy is pretty good too. If you complete 30-40-50 passes a game, it's up to the WRs to break a tackle or two.

Where the heck you been man? Getting worried about you!

Political Hack
10-28-2022, 05:14 PM
Where the heck you been man? Getting worried about you!

Lol. I'm doing good. Just working and chasing kids to ball fields every hour of every day. But it's totally worth it and a ton of fun!

Good to see some familiar "faces" here.

TUSK
10-28-2022, 05:53 PM
Slacker.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2022, 06:00 PM
Lol. I'm doing good. Just working and chasing kids to ball fields every hour of every day. But it's totally worth it and a ton of fun!

Good to see some familiar "faces" here.

I hear ya! Glad to hear you're well! These are good times enjoy every minute of it! You need to post more though lol!

PikeDawg15
10-28-2022, 07:42 PM

Yep

Dude makes 5.5 million per year, I would do a lot more than get shit talked on a message board for a quarter of that money.

PikeDawg15
10-28-2022, 07:45 PM
Good post, this is about where we normally are around this time of year in terms of our record. As much as we love to dream big and expect big things out of our football program, we are pretty much on par to what we normally are. That's not an excuse to accept being in the middle of the pack, its just reality.

Our recent records after 8 games the past 10 years:
2021....5-3 - finished 7-6
2020....2-6 - finished 4-7
2019....3-5 - finished 6-7
2018....5-3 - finished 8-5
2017....6-2 - finished 9-4
2016....3-5 - finished 6-7
2015....6-2 - finished 9-4
2014....8-0 - Our magical Dak year, finished 10-3
2013....4-4 - finished 7-6
2012....7-1 - finished 8-5

Other than 2014, we are pretty much on pace to finish in the range we typically do, Im not saying its a good thing or acceptable... its just who we are

I thought we would have been better in 2014 than 8-4 in the regular season.

Thinking back , we would have been HORRIBLE without dak.

Like Losing to Southern Miss in hattiesburg horrible.

I was at that game, Dak won us that game, Dak won us all those games himself. That defense was awful that year.

PikeDawg15
10-28-2022, 07:47 PM
Agree. We could finish strong and feel better about the year even if other things don't maybe.

At least quit with the poster insults. OK for everyone to have an opinion and disagree.

Here is the challenge. Win or lose, both sides say I told you so. Win or lose, we always want to critique the performance and everything about the game as what fans and boards do. With that comes the over the top feelings - we suck or we are best MSU ever.

For me, if we can get some consistency, and start to show real progress (getting better and competing every week). I'm OK. We don't have to win them all. We feel stuck in average at best and not making any moves to me which is striking too many the wrong way week to week.

Its not that we lose games , its how we lose

We look like we arent even in the same league as some of these teams

Now granted, all 3 of our losses were on the road to teams currently ranked in the top 25 this week.

But crap, the only game I can say we didnt embarrass ourselves in was the LSU game for the first 3 quarters

If We had won the LSU or Kentucky game a lot of the complaining would be cut in half, or had won 1 of the last 2 egg bowls.

Catfish
10-28-2022, 09:40 PM

And you've been doing it since he was hired.

Todd4State
10-29-2022, 01:54 AM
Really the only disappointing game to me this year has been Kentucky. LSU is always difficult in Baton Rouge. Alabama is Alabama and I was actually pleased that we did some things better this year especially without Johnson and Sharp in the lineup. Of course, we've lost to Kentucky every year since 2014 in Lexington.

Todd4State
10-29-2022, 01:57 AM
Its not that we lose games , its how we lose

We look like we arent even in the same league as some of these teams

Now granted, all 3 of our losses were on the road to teams currently ranked in the top 25 this week.

But crap, the only game I can say we didnt embarrass ourselves in was the LSU game for the first 3 quarters

If We had won the LSU or Kentucky game a lot of the complaining would be cut in half, or had won 1 of the last 2 egg bowls.

We had a lead going into the fourth quarter against LSU. We had a lead on Kentucky as well in the second half. We actually outgained Alabama on offense. I don't get the "we don't look like we belong when we lose" comment.

WhiskeyPirate
10-29-2022, 02:07 AM
We had a lead going into the fourth quarter against LSU. We had a lead on Kentucky as well in the second half. We actually outgained Alabama on offense. I don't get the "we don't look like we belong when we lose" comment.

It’s kind of dumb. LSU is probably going to finish a top ten team. So you lose to Bama and LSU on the road, waaaa waaa. Like how many times in this programs history does it beat BAma and LSU on the road. The only game you can really bitch about is UK, and they are still a ranked team.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2022, 02:11 AM
It?s kind of dumb. LSU is probably going to finish a top ten team. So you lose to Bama and LSU on the road, waaaa waaa. Like how many times in this programs history does it beat BAma and LSU on the road. The only game you can really bitch about is UK, and they are still a ranked team.

It's kind of funny but a lot of folks think when we beat an sec team it's because they're bad and when we lose to an sec team it's because they're bad and we should've won. Kinda crazy. Smh

WhiskeyPirate
10-29-2022, 02:15 AM
It's kind of funny but a lot of folks think when we beat an sec team it's because they're bad and when we lose to an sec team it's because they're bad and we should've won. Kinda crazy. Smh

Losers mentality. It also denies historical perspective.

LSU is a really talented team. How many teams in the country could beat them in Death Valley right now ? Five ? How many times has this program won there ?

We’ve won twice there in the last 31 years, and one of them was by Leach in 2020.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2022, 02:25 AM
Losers mentality. It also denies historical perspective.

LSU is a really talented team. How many teams in the country could beat them in Death Valley right now ? Five ? How many times has this program won there ?

I mean we beat someone and all we hear is "well they're bad this year" and then we lose to someone like lsu and it's "they suck this year and we should've won", same with uk. Can't have it both ways. Losing sucks, I get it, but no sec game is easy and every sec win is a good one and earned.

R2Dawg
10-29-2022, 07:42 AM
I mean we beat someone and all we hear is "well they're bad this year" and then we lose to someone like lsu and it's "they suck this year and we should've won", same with uk. Can't have it both ways. Losing sucks, I get it, but no sec game is easy and every sec win is a good one and earned.

That UK loss was as ugly as it gets and UK ain't no world beater this year. LSU has gotten better, glad we got them early. LSU and Bama are both down, they are still good teams. Both can be true.

I don't think it is the losses that many have issue, it is how we looked in them with all three being down compared to normal. UK is the one that really burns me.

I don't understand how everyone (media and MSU fans) elevate UK to LSUUGA status? This perplexes me. UK used to be MSU stepchild that others made fun of that we got to play every year like Vandy and OM. UK is better but they are still UK.

Political Hack
10-29-2022, 10:26 AM
Slacker.

Hahaha. You know it.

WhiskeyPirate
10-29-2022, 01:01 PM
That UK loss was as ugly as it gets and UK ain't no world beater this year. LSU has gotten better, glad we got them early. LSU and Bama are both down, they are still good teams. Both can be true.

I don't think it is the losses that many have issue, it is how we looked in them with all three being down compared to normal. UK is the one that really burns me.

I don't understand how everyone (media and MSU fans) elevate UK to LSUUGA status? This perplexes me. UK used to be MSU stepchild that others made fun of that we got to play every year like Vandy and OM. UK is better but they are still UK.

LSU and Bama are both down

Lol

Lord McBuckethead
11-01-2022, 10:54 AM
Gaining yards means next to nothing. Bama was giving yards because they knew we could not sustain a drive against them. Which they were correct, yet again.

R2Dawg
11-01-2022, 11:14 AM
LSU and Bama are both down

Lol

Ha, LOL.

If you can't see Bama and LSU are both not what they have been this year then I got some swamp land to sell you. I didn't say they are terrible teams but they ain't what they have been. Bama is worst Saban team since 07 & 08.

MrCoachKlein
11-01-2022, 12:40 PM
Ha, LOL.

If you can't see Bama and LSU are both not what they have been this year then I got some swamp land to sell you. I didn't say they are terrible teams but they ain't what they have been. Bama is worst Saban team since 07 & 08.

LSU is the best they've been by far since 19, no?

Dawgology
11-01-2022, 01:17 PM
I was upset but ok with the LSU loss. Its LSU in Baton Rouge. Not an easy place to get a win for anyone. Bama is a pass as well but would have liked to see us put up more points. Kentucky was a stinker and really pissed me off. That game is the difference in the season. A win there gives us a shot at 9-3 which is an excellent record against this schedule and a top 15 finish. Instead of a win we showed up unmotivated and unprepared and that is on coaching.

CML needs to finish 8-4 now or he will 100% be on the hot seat next year.

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 01:22 PM
Alabama is what ? The fourth best team in the country, and after those four there is a huge drop off. How many teams are winning on the road there ? I don’t see how you can say they are down , what they have 19 NFL players instead of 21 ? 23 5 stars instead of 25 ? That’s a crock. They could win the NC this year as easily as Georgia, Ohio state or Tennessee.

PikeDawg15
11-01-2022, 01:22 PM
Ha, LOL.

Without Bryce Young, Alabama is a 9-3 team.

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 01:23 PM
Without Bryce Young, Alabama is a 9-3 team.

What are they with Bryce Young ?

Tennessee without Hooker is an 8-4 team

PikeDawg15
11-01-2022, 01:24 PM
Alabama is what ? The fourth best team in the country, and after those four there is a huge drop off. How many teams are winning on the road there ? I don’t see how you can say they are down , what they have 19 NFL players instead of 21 ? 23 5 stars instead of 25 ? That’s a crock. They could win the NC this year as easily as Georgia, Ohio state or Tennessee.

Its also projecting the finish of the season and how things are going in recruiting in state

State is 5-3 right now which is fine

but considering you have georgia and at ole miss left, which are very likely losses

7-5 with 3 straight EB losses and Lane Kiffin working his magic putting us in the dust.

WhiskeyPirate
11-01-2022, 01:26 PM
Its also projecting the finish of the season and how things are going in recruiting in state

State is 5-3 right now which is fine

but considering you have georgia and at ole miss left, which are very likely losses

7-5 with 3 straight EB losses and Lane Kiffin working his magic putting us in the dust.

Could be 7-5/8-4 seems likely, and that’s what I and a lot of people said at the beginning of the year. You could also say we’d be 8-1 if we had ole miss schedule, which we get next year