PDA

View Full Version : Basketball starting 5...

HoopsDawg
10-26-2022, 08:32 PM
PG: Dashawn Davis
SG: Shakeel Moore
SF: DJ Jeffries
PF: Cam Matthews
C: Tolu Smith

Season starts 1 week from Monday.

I don't know much about the bench.

msstate7
10-26-2022, 08:41 PM
I really hope these guys have stepped up their 3-pt shooting. I feel like Moore and Jeffries are better than they showed last year in this area.

NCMSTFAN
10-27-2022, 06:13 AM
PG: Dashawn Davis
SG: Shakeel Moore
SF: DJ Jeffries
PF: Cam Matthews
C: Tolu Smith

Season starts 1 week from Monday.

I don't know much about the bench.

This was the starting lineup I predicted earlier. Davis and Moore together will both be nuisances and defense, Moore can get hot from deep on occasion as well. The real wild card player will be DJ Jeffries, if Jans can tap in to his potential that made him a top recruit coming out of high school, we have a shot at competing but we need that go to guy. I've heard that Cam Matthews has really stepped up this summer also. Tolu will be Tolu, I'm not too concerned with him. A big question is the bench and how good those transfer guys Jans brought in will be in the SEC.

Jarius
10-27-2022, 08:10 AM
What do our insiders here project for this year? I don't keep up with hoops all that much but am ready to see what Jans brings to the table. It's been a while since I cared about basketball.

gtowndawg
10-27-2022, 08:21 AM
I think Dashawn Davis is going to be a nice surprise for us.

msugolf
10-27-2022, 08:33 AM
What do our insiders here project for this year? I don't keep up with hoops all that much but am ready to see what Jans brings to the table. It's been a while since I cared about basketball.

Eric Reed is the best shooter on the team. He'll be the best 3 pt shooter since Jalen Steele, Barry Stewart or Ravern.

msstate7
10-27-2022, 08:39 AM
Eric Reed is the best shooter on the team. He'll be the best 3 pt shooter since Jalen Steele, Barry Stewart or Ravern.

I guess he's our 6th man then

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-27-2022, 08:46 AM
I got us 6th in the SEC behind Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama

Coach34
10-27-2022, 09:50 AM

People I've talked to give us absolutely no chance at making the NCAA Tourney. We'll see how they play under Jan

NCMSTFAN
10-27-2022, 11:52 AM
People I've talked to give us absolutely no chance at making the NCAA Tourney. We'll see how they play under Jan

Coaching is there, Jans knows how to coach so Im not concerned there. I worry about the talent and lack of SEC depth. We have a bench full of low rated mid major transfers, I'm sure a couple of them will adjust fine and be good solid but we won't know until the lights come on.

HoopsDawg
10-27-2022, 12:53 PM
I really hope these guys have stepped up their 3-pt shooting. I feel like Moore and Jeffries are better than they showed last year in this area.

What were the 3 pt shooting percentages for those guys last year excluding Tolu. Not very good I'm sure.

Homedawg
10-27-2022, 01:01 PM
What were the 3 pt shooting percentages for those guys last year excluding Tolu. Not very good I'm sure.

Moore shot 31% and dj shot 29%

smootness
10-27-2022, 01:07 PM
I got us 6th in the SEC behind Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama

That would put us as a fringe top-25 team, which seems like insanity to me.

Coach34
10-27-2022, 01:10 PM
That would put us as a fringe top-25 team, which seems like insanity to me.

yeah. If we finish in the top 10 of the SEC then Jan did a great job

KentuckyDawg13
10-27-2022, 01:43 PM
MSU continues to slam the door on itself with the lazy scheduling.

KentuckyDawg13
10-27-2022, 01:44 PM
Just my oblivious take on who the other productive players may be (3 deep except shooting guard):

PG: Dashawn Davis, Eric Reed, Shawn Jones
SG: Shakeel Moore, Jamel Horton
SF: DJ Jeffries, Kimani Hamilton, Tyler Stevenson
PF: Cam Matthews, KeShawn Murphy, Tyler Stevenson
C: Tolu Smith, Will McNair, KeShawn Murphy

KOdawg1
10-27-2022, 01:45 PM
Probably going to be a rough year. We'll play hard with good defense, but we won't be able to score