PDA

View Full Version : Auburn, the collapse is near

TheLostDawg
10-26-2022, 04:12 PM
Sports Illustrated: SOURCE: Bryan Harsin is telling players that want to redshirt that they must enter the transfer portal or quit the team.
https://www.si.com/college/auburn/football/source-bryan-harsin-is-telling-players-that-want-to-redshirt-that-they-must-enter-the-transfer-portal-or-quit-the-team

Question is will they go ahead and fire Harsin to keep those guys/let them redshirt

Catfish
10-26-2022, 04:53 PM
"BREAKING NEWS"........ Bryan Harsin has entered the transfer portal.****

State82
10-26-2022, 04:53 PM
It is unfathomable how a program with their resources can fall into this kind of dumpster fire.

BeardoMSU
10-26-2022, 04:54 PM
Sports Illustrated: SOURCE: Bryan Harsin is telling players that want to redshirt that they must enter the transfer portal or quit the team.
https://www.si.com/college/auburn/football/source-bryan-harsin-is-telling-players-that-want-to-redshirt-that-they-must-enter-the-transfer-portal-or-quit-the-team

Question is will they go ahead and fire Harsin to keep those guys/let them redshirt

Zoinks, yo...

Pancho
10-26-2022, 04:58 PM
I always doubted he'd make it to november...........

Santiago
10-26-2022, 05:05 PM
i can actually agree with him on this. If a player wants to redshirt this late just to quit, then they should leave

parabrave
10-26-2022, 05:36 PM
So next week you will be able to add Texas AM to this thread/

Goldendawg
10-26-2022, 05:40 PM
It is unfathomable how a program with their resources can fall into this kind of dumpster fire.

Happens to the "best" of them, see aTm, another dumpster fire.

BankerDog
10-26-2022, 06:08 PM

The reasoning behind that was Auburn was starting to have kids who actually play decide after four games they were wanting to redshirt in order to retain eligibility and enter transfer portal. Cole Cubelic had a pretty big segment yesterday on it a few weeks back on morning radio show. He was disgusted with the fact that the players, nationwide, have gotten to this point.

BuckyIsAB****
10-26-2022, 06:43 PM
The reasoning behind that was Auburn was starting to have kids who actually play decide after four games they were wanting to redshirt in order to retain eligibility and enter transfer portal. Cole Cubelic had a pretty big segment yesterday on it a few weeks back on morning radio show. He was disgusted with the fact that the players, nationwide, have gotten to this point.

But but but the coach is the bad guy

msu15
10-26-2022, 06:50 PM

Like they said in Moneyball, Adapt or Die.

WhiskeyPirate
10-26-2022, 06:51 PM

Yea I don’t blame Harsin, but notice the media spin to make Harsin look bad

At first glance most people don’t put two and two together

LC Dawg
10-26-2022, 06:52 PM
I'd like to see a side by side comparison of Harsin's buyout vs the player's buyout.

Percho
10-26-2022, 10:16 PM
Question

's

When God created Adam was life suppose to be lived, just looking for loopholes, relative to everything that comes down the pike?

Statements: Looks like that is what everyone seams to do. Coaches look for loopholes. Players look for loopholes. Everyone tries to look for and or create loopholes.

BTW there is a loophole everyone should look for.

What is the greatest loophole of all?

Jarius
10-27-2022, 07:54 AM
This is pretty damn pathetic by the student athletes. This kind of shit ruins college football. Good for Harsin. He knows he's about to get fired but at least he's standing his ground. Just an awful look for his players and anyone else who does this around the country is a punk as well.

Pancho
10-27-2022, 08:00 AM
It's par for the course in the era of the NIL. Be more worried about the name on back of the jersey than the front. I am not surprised.

Jarius
10-27-2022, 08:03 AM
It's par for the course in the era of the NIL. Be more worried about the name on back of the jersey than the front. I am not surprised.

I'm fine with them getting paid. They are making the schools millions. This is complete bullshit though. You got people paying you good money to wear that Auburn jersey and play football. They are also paying your room and board and oh by the way giving you a free education. Take your ass out there on that field and play when the head coach tells you to or take your ass to the transfer portal. Good for Harsin.

basedog
10-27-2022, 08:32 AM
I'm fine with them getting paid. They are making the schools millions. This is complete bullshit though. You got people paying you good money to wear that Auburn jersey and play football. They are also paying your room and board and oh by the way giving you a free education. Take your ass out there on that field and play when the head coach tells you to or take your ass to the transfer portal. Good for Harsin.

I agree, there should be no "crying" in football. What a bunch of pu$$ies!

TheLostDawg
10-27-2022, 08:36 AM

Agree but the school gives them an opportunity to make that money unless your last name is manning. That's why I think it needs to be regulated a lot more and everyone on the team should make some money, doesn't have to be much.

Jarius
10-27-2022, 08:45 AM
Agree but the school gives them an opportunity to make that money unless your last name is manning. That's why I think it needs to be regulated a lot more and everyone on the team should make some money, doesn't have to be much.

Everyone on the team already gets a stipend from the school. Everything NIL related is merit based or recruiting based. The people that don't get anything from NIL are generally being overpaid by what they are already getting because the market dictates what they are receiving and if you're an SEC football player not getting anything extra you are generally a bench warmer bringing nothing to the table for the school. Everyone on these teams lives ten times better than the average college student and the ones actually bringing in the money for the schools by playing well are getting a shit ton of money from the boosters. I don't mind having a cap on things to regulate it, but i don't think the ones that aren't receiving NIL money should be given anything more than they already are.

Quaoarsking
10-27-2022, 08:53 AM
Easy solution: abolish all redshirting and just give players a 5 year clock to play 5 years. If you get hurt for a year or just can't crack the depth chart, tough.

NWADAWG
10-27-2022, 12:52 PM
i can actually agree with him on this. If a player wants to redshirt this late just to quit, then they should leave

To fix the culture, he may need to take away their options and just remove them from the team now.

MagicDawg
10-27-2022, 01:10 PM
Heaven help us all if we somehow crap the bed against AU this year.

TrapGame
10-27-2022, 02:10 PM
Sounds like there is going to be a mass exodus of AU players in the portal come December.

Goldendawg
10-27-2022, 03:08 PM
This is pretty damn pathetic by the student athletes. This kind of shit ruins college football. Good for Harsin. He knows he's about to get fired but at least he's standing his ground. Just an awful look for his players and anyone else who does this around the country is a punk as well.

I doubt that AU has or has had many "student" athletes in many years.

Johnson85
10-28-2022, 09:04 AM

It's not that the school gives them the opportunity to make money, it's that the school creates the value. Minor league athletes generally aren't well paid. IF they are well paid, it's because somebody is paying them for their rights in the future. It's not the minor league organization that pays them. Scholarship football players generally live a pretty good life for a minor league athlete. Certainly they could up the stipend for P5 players. Or they could let schools have a pot of money to distribute to the players as they see fit so the better players could get more money. But with NIL a lot of value created by loyalty to the university is being siphoned off by the athletes. Not necessarily worse than it being dumped into coaches salaries and facilities, but there is nothing wrong with them only getting paid like other minor league athletes.

TrapGame
10-28-2022, 09:42 AM
Tom Green from AL.com was on SEC Radio yesterday. He said Harsin is gone and knows he's gone. They are hiring the new AD first. The top candidate is the AD at Utah State. They expect it to be announced within the next week.

DownwardDawg
10-28-2022, 09:55 AM
Heaven help us all if we somehow crap the bed against AU this year.

I have a sinking feeling in my gut.

TrapGame
10-28-2022, 09:59 AM

They have a fired coach walking, a spotty defense that breaks down in the second half of games and a guy named Tank is their only offense.

We lose this one and all hell breaks loose. This needs to be another Arkansas/A&M level performance.

parabrave
10-28-2022, 09:59 AM

Naw this one is in the bag. I will put 1 mil of my VCash on us/

DownwardDawg
10-28-2022, 10:05 AM
Y'all are probably right. I think the Kentucky game just took the wind out of my sails. I'll certainly be watching and cheering regardless.

parabrave
10-28-2022, 10:07 AM
Y'all are probably right. I think the Kentucky game just took the wind out of my sails. I'll certainly be watching and cheering regardless.

LSU took me out/