PDA

View Full Version : Two Hand Touch on College and NFL QB's

Goldendawg
10-24-2022, 09:24 PM
Almost lost my religion watching SEC "refs" protect Young Saturday Night and am now watching Bears/Patriots. Justin Fields, 6'3", 228 lbs has taken off on numerous called QB runs and if he can't get out of bounds, is allowed to slide as he faces contact downfield, yet a RB of even less stature has to take the hit and pounding. Game has changed and stuff like this is ruining it. As the original Jack Lambert said "might as well put a dress on them". JHO. BTW, announcers just noted how NE stopped the run last week, but can't tonight and Fields has over 100 yards himself.

WhiskeyPirate
10-25-2022, 06:22 PM
Almost lost my religion watching SEC "refs" protect Young Saturday Night and am now watching Bears/Patriots. Justin Fields, 6'3", 228 lbs has taken off on numerous called QB runs and if he can't get out of bounds, is allowed to slide as he faces contact downfield, yet a RB of even less stature has to take the hit and pounding. Game has changed and stuff like this is ruining it. As the original Jack Lambert said "might as well put a dress on them". JHO. BTW, announcers just noted how NE stopped the run last week, but can't tonight and Fields has over 100 yards himself.
Fields sucks as a passer. I can see his value running but I don’t know if they ever have a good offense there. That organization is snake bit for firing Ditka.
S

parabrave
10-25-2022, 06:34 PM
Thats about right. Like Lambert said make them wear TuTus, or something like this, and he was talking about Bradshaw.

Maroonthirteen
10-25-2022, 10:17 PM
We have to get accustomed to QBs getting the punter and Kicker treatment. So much as a brush or touch, penalty. Take angles to avoid contact.

Sarcasm but not really.

yjnkdawg
10-25-2022, 10:38 PM
Yeah that was really a very hard hit on Young when Davis was called for that personal foul.****** But all that scrambling by Young and no holding or a linemen down field was ever called so.......... :rolleyes:

parabrave
10-26-2022, 12:26 AM
Whats hard is that you can't hit a QB even when he has the ball the shoulders and above and below the groin area. Thats dam near impossible to do.