PDA

View Full Version : 3-1 in the next 4 games

KOdawg1
10-24-2022, 12:21 PM
Auburn
Georgia
ETSU
@ OM

Gotta win 3 of those. It has to happen. 8-4 would be a good season, especially if one of those was vs. Mississippi. But 7-5 with what we had returning would be underwhelming especially coming off a 3rd straight Egg Bowl loss.

These are my expectations to finish this season out. And I don't think they're unrealistic. Time to get to work, nut up, and get it done.

WhiskeyPirate
10-24-2022, 01:00 PM
7-5/8-4, 8-5/9-4 with a bowl win, I’m good with it

All this hot seat stuff is internet bullshit

KOdawg1
10-24-2022, 01:05 PM

Where did I say anything about a hot seat? Point that out for me.

PikeDawg15
10-24-2022, 01:06 PM
Beat auburn, ETSU, and OM.

If you go 8-4 with those wins and not get killed by georgia, you will finish the regular season in the top 25 and will probably get the gator bowl or the music city bowl.

Go there and beat Purdue, Minnesota, NC state, Florida state, or Michigan state and you will be 9-4 and you will have a lot of momentum and should have gotten a good recruiting class and maybe a good transfer portal class.

Not to mention the momentum boost if Kiffin leaves OM

PikeDawg15
10-24-2022, 01:07 PM

If he goes 6-6 , yes he is on the hot seat. We fired a coach who went 8-4 then 6-6 and won both egg bowls.

Cooterpoot
10-24-2022, 01:07 PM

Not if we lose 6. We lose 6 and Leach is done.

Commercecomet24
10-24-2022, 01:09 PM

If you go 8-4 with those wins and not get killed by georgia, you will finish the regular season in the top 25 and will probably get the gator bowl or the music city bowl.

Go there and beat Purdue, Minnesota, NC state, Florida state, or Michigan state and you will be 9-4 and you will have a lot of momentum and should have gotten a good recruiting class and maybe a good transfer portal class.

This is what needs to happen. If it does, it'll be a very good year.

BeardoMSU
10-24-2022, 01:09 PM

This needs a like button, lol.

WhiskeyPirate
10-24-2022, 01:12 PM

I’m not directing that at you but at the imbeciles who post every week “win this week or he’s gone” for an entire season. Probably typing while eating government cheese in their underwear.

msstate7
10-24-2022, 01:15 PM
Not if we lose 6. We lose 6 and Leach is done.

If that does happen, a transition to a normal offense would be brutal.

Coach34
10-24-2022, 01:16 PM
7-5 and a trip to the Bourbon Bowl or Saspirilla to play an AAC team

Commercecomet24
10-24-2022, 01:16 PM
I’m not directing that at you but at the imbeciles who post every week “win this week or he’s gone” for an entire season. Probably typing while eating government cheese in their underwear.

REP!

TrapGame
10-24-2022, 01:36 PM

I want to beat all four. Make a ****ing statement about the future of this program.

Then, if Kiffin goes to Corn Country go after all of their top recruits.

PikeDawg15
10-24-2022, 01:52 PM
I want to beat all four. Make a ****ing statement about the future of this program.

Then, if Kiffin goes to Corn Country go after all of their top recruits.

I do too . Badly. going 9-3 and beating georgia and ole miss to end the season and going to the citrus bowl would be amazing for the program and its future

I just dont see it at all.

This team is too up and down I dont know what to expect from them at any moment.

If I was forced to bet money. I say 7-5 losing the egg bowl.

I would not be confident in that either because Ole Miss doesnt scare me and I wouldnt be confident in putting money on ole miss to win any game except for texas a&m who is a dumpster fire.

If we blow auburn out of the water , then we will get a little momentum for that Georgia game and that game could get "interesting"

We can get 8-4 with an egg bowl win if this team plays like it should and can.

But I see 7-5 beating auburn and ETSU. Im not gonna bank on that but I want the team to change my mind

Quaoarsking
10-24-2022, 02:30 PM
If he goes 6-6 , yes he is on the hot seat. We fired a coach who went 8-4 then 6-6 and won both egg bowls.

For off the field issues. He would have gotten a third year without them and almost did anyway.

Commercecomet24
10-24-2022, 02:38 PM
For off the field issues. He would have gotten a third year without them and almost did anyway.

Yeah he was coming back but the willie gay punch during bowl practice, the issues that happened when the team was at the bowl game, and the myriad of problems caused jomo demise, not his record.

Goldendawg
10-24-2022, 03:18 PM
Yeah he was coming back but the willie gay punch during bowl practice, the issues that happened when the team was at the bowl game, and the myriad of problems caused jomo demise, not his record.

Some fast talking people like JoMo exceed their station in life. Check out his Akron record to date, 1-7 & 0-4 in the conference. He is a good OC, IF. he has Barkley and McSorley types. Otherwise, you need patient O players and fans waiting for him to outsmart the opposing DC and get the play in with about 2 seconds to go on the play clock as DL then tees off on QB.

msudawglb
10-24-2022, 03:33 PM
All of this ?gotta win these games? bull is ridiculous. We just finished two road games where we looked terrible. Consequently, we also didn?t play against 2nd team quarterbacks. It?s time to face the music, we just aren?t very good. We will most likely lose on the road to ole miss. They look pretty decent, Their RB will gash our slow LB?s and thei QB will have all day to throw. I hate to say it but it?s just true. And we won?t beat Georgia either. The ceiling now is 7-5.

coachnorm
10-24-2022, 04:23 PM
Auburn
Georgia
ETSU
@ OM

Gotta win 3 of those. It has to happen. 8-4 would be a good season, especially if one of those was vs. Mississippi. But 7-5 with what we had returning would be underwhelming especially coming off a 3rd straight Egg Bowl loss.

These are my expectations to finish this season out. And I don't think they're unrealistic. Time to get to work, nut up, and get it done.

It depends what we work on. If we work on swing and check down passes we will get shut down no matter how hard we work. We can nut up but that will be futile if we insist on throwing swing and check down passes also. The team giving great effort will be useless if CML does not go to work and nut up himself and figure out some substitutes for swing and check down disease within his scheme. We can be good for the rest of the season if CML gets a swing and check down vaccine.

EdwardDrayton
10-24-2022, 06:25 PM

Oh good. You’ve almost made it to the Emerald City.

lastmajordog
10-24-2022, 08:20 PM
I don’t see LK leaving om......just don’t.

KOdawg1
10-24-2022, 08:50 PM
All of this ?gotta win these games? bull is ridiculous. We just finished two road games where we looked terrible. Consequently, we also didn?t play against 2nd team quarterbacks. It?s time to face the music, we just aren?t very good. We will most likely lose on the road to ole miss. They look pretty decent, Their RB will gash our slow LB?s and thei QB will have all day to throw. I hate to say it but it?s just true. And we won?t beat Georgia either. The ceiling now is 7-5.

Ok. What a loser mentality you've got there.

WhiskeyPirate
10-24-2022, 08:52 PM
Ok.

I’m not thinking Ole Miss looks pretty decent. They look bad, like the worst run defense I’ve seen in the country bad.

KOdawg1
10-24-2022, 08:54 PM
I’m not thinking Ole Miss looks pretty decent. They look bad, like the worst run defense I’ve seen in the country bad.
Yeah idk how you can watch OM Saturday and say they look decent.

They played LSU worse than we did

Commercecomet24
10-24-2022, 08:59 PM

Their defense is not good. And they're getting thin.

PikeDawg15
10-24-2022, 08:59 PM
Oh good. You?ve almost made it to the Emerald City.

Honestly until I see otherwise, I think we lose the egg bowl.

I see us going 7-5 and being in a very weird spot.

But, Ole Miss aint good. We can beat them, they arent this great team that hits on all cylinders.

Our offense plays like shit. Their Defense plays like shit.

It will come down to who is shittier.

WhiskeyPirate
10-24-2022, 09:02 PM

I’d give DJ 35 carries against that Swiss cheese defense. Troy Brown looks like he is out for a while with a shoulder. Finley is out this week with a concussion.

Do you remember that Mason Brooks from WKU ole Miss outbid us for ? He only plays on punt and kicking special teams. Wasted his last year in college. He would have played a lot for us.

PikeDawg15
10-24-2022, 09:03 PM
Their defense is not good. And they're getting thin.

They dont have sam williams and those linebackers they had last year.

People forget the sheer amount of players they lost last year on both sides of the ball.

Not mentioning losing both starting RB's, a heisman level QB, and multiple receivers and Your star Center. And also both coordinators.

Lane is doing one hell of a job considering all of that he lost.

Last year their defense was not good for the first half but after losing to bama, their defense got better every single week.

This year its the opposite, their defense gets worse every week.

I personally think we still lose the egg bowl because I think Lane is a better coach than Leach and its in oxford.

But I would not put any money on that at all because I am not confident in either team.

A&M is going to put up a final stand against OM saturday night with a true freshman QB starting. Lets see how they do, if they cant stop A&M's offense....

Commercecomet24
10-24-2022, 09:04 PM
Honestly until I see otherwise, I think we lose the egg bowl.

I see us going 7-5 and being in a very weird spot.

But, Ole Miss aint good. We can beat them, they arent this great team that hits on all cylinders.

Our offense plays like shit. Their Defense plays like shit.

It will come down to who is shittier.

I love that analysis! Cousin Eddie would be proud!

PikeDawg15
10-24-2022, 09:07 PM
I love that analysis! Cousin Eddie would be proud!

Shitters FULL!

Commercecomet24
10-24-2022, 09:08 PM
They dont have sam williams and those linebackers they had last year.

People forget the sheer amount of players they lost last year on both sides of the ball.

Not mentioning losing both starting RB's, a heisman level QB, and multiple receivers and Your star Center. And also both coordinators.

Lane is doing one hell of a job considering all of that he lost.

Last year their defense was not good for the first half but after losing to bama, their defense got better every single week.

This year its the opposite, their defense gets worse every week.

I personally think we still lose the egg bowl because I think Lane is a better coach than Leach and its in oxford.

But I would not put any money on that at all because I am not confident in either team.

A&M is going to put up a final stand against OM saturday night with a true freshman QB starting. Lets see how they do, if they cant stop A&M's offense....

Good post and they've still got a little gauntlet to run before they get to us. They're gonna continue getting beat up on defense. I'm interested to see what they do this weekend. If am beats them they'll be bailing water the rest of the year. Jimbo ain't gonna go down without a fight either

Commercecomet24
10-24-2022, 09:09 PM
Shitters FULL!

Lol that's exactly what came to mind when you said that about who was gonna be worse!

WhiskeyPirate
10-24-2022, 09:10 PM
Good post and they've still got a little gauntlet to run before they get to us. They're gonna continue getting beat up on defense. I'm interested to see what they do this weekend. If am beats them they'll be bailing water the rest of the year. Jimbo ain't gonna go down without a fight either

I’m not sure what they’ve done this year other than have an easy schedule.

Commercecomet24
10-24-2022, 09:14 PM
I’m not sure what they’ve done this year other than have an easy schedule.

I'll admit they're a good team but they're not world beaters by any stretch and if they lose 2-3 more before the egg they're psyche is gonna be hurting

WhiskeyPirate
10-24-2022, 09:21 PM
I'll admit they're a good team but they're not world beaters by any stretch and if they lose 2-3 more before the egg they're psyche is gonna be hurting

I don’t know if they are good or not, honestly I’d say about #20, just based on their running game. Their o line can get worn down, dart is nothing great and their defense is horrible. We’d have the same record with their schedule and we played LSU better than they did.

bulldawg28
10-24-2022, 09:27 PM

LSU has beaten teams with their Qb legs and running the ball. We don't have that luxury. We can't keep a run game because our Rb's get hurt during walk through. We need a big traditional MSU back. It would work with the 3 designed running plays We have.

Commercecomet24
10-24-2022, 09:28 PM
I don’t know if they are good or not, honestly I’d say about #20, just based on their running game. Their o line can get worn down, dart is nothing great and their defense is horrible. We’d have the same record with their schedule and we played LSU better than they did.

They're Good not great or elite. And as you said we'd have the same record with their schedule and I consider us good not elite or great.

bulldawg28
10-24-2022, 09:29 PM
I don?t know if they are good or not, honestly I?d say about #20, just based on their running game. Their o line can get worn down, dart is nothing great and their defense is horrible. We?d have the same record with their schedule and we played LSU better than they did.

We can't win a road game in the SEC. When was the last time that happened? However, they win at home. This has been typical Leach, consistently inconsistent.

WhiskeyPirate
10-24-2022, 09:31 PM
We can't win a road game in the SEC. When was the last time that happened? However, they win at home. This has been typical Leach, consistently inconsistent.

About as many road wins in the sec as ole miss.

PikeDawg15
10-24-2022, 09:38 PM

Last road win in the sec was @Auburn 2021.

What is weird is, looking back at 2021, We played great in all 4 road sec games

killed Vandy

Beat A&M

Beat Auburn

Offense played good against arkansas but everyone remembers what happened at the end of that game... And even after we had it stole from us, we still went down the field and got in field goal range.

The only thing I can think of is that all 3 road losses were to teams currently in the top 25. But even then the offense shouldnt have looked that bad against kentucky.

The reason most are pissed right now is not because of the bama game, we like myself, are still pissed about the Kentucky game.

I have finally realized something. We were lied too about the wide receiver room.

We are missing Malik Heath and Makai Polk MASSIVELY... Those guys would fight for the ball, even tho Heath would end up fighting the DB instead of fighting for just the ball.

Heath is ole miss's best receiver rn.

Goldendawg
10-24-2022, 09:43 PM

I went to Nafoom last night for the first time since they screenshot my post about how I felt we should be listed before them when showing all the team logos on the SEC network and they dubbed me "Psychotic Little Brother". They did not take their loss well at all. I hate to say it, but you could substitute State for OM in most of their comments on how their previous undefeated team is now maybe a 7-5 team.

Commercecomet24
10-24-2022, 09:47 PM
I went to Nafoom last night for the first time since they screenshot my post about how I felt we should be listed before them when showing all the team logos on the SEC network and they dubbed me "Psychotic Little Brother". They did not take their loss well at all. I hate to say it, but you could substitute State for OM in most of their comments on how their previous undefeated team is now maybe a 7-5 team.

Man nafoom that's a word I haven't heard in a long time. My son has a good friend who's all ole miss. Kid never played football in his life but he was so mad he emailed kiffin after the game Saturday on what changes he needed to make so this doesn't happen again lol!

dawgday166
10-24-2022, 10:04 PM

They got destroyed after the initial run of pts. But in our game with them anything can happen and their at home so I'm not taking them lightly.

WhiskeyPirate
10-24-2022, 10:08 PM
They got destroyed after the initial run of pts. But in our game with them anything can happen and their at home so I'm not taking them lightly.

Biggest concern I have is the officiating. If they have 4 losses we might get cheated badly but not drawn and quartered.

dawgday166
10-24-2022, 10:19 PM
Biggest concern I have is the officiating. If they have 4 losses we might get cheated badly but not drawn and quartered.

Agree.

Todd4State
10-24-2022, 10:33 PM
Last road win in the sec was @Auburn 2021.

What is weird is, looking back at 2021, We played great in all 4 road sec games

killed Vandy

Beat A&M

Beat Auburn

Offense played good against arkansas but everyone remembers what happened at the end of that game... And even after we had it stole from us, we still went down the field and got in field goal range.

The only thing I can think of is that all 3 road losses were to teams currently in the top 25. But even then the offense shouldnt have looked that bad against kentucky.

The reason most are pissed right now is not because of the bama game, we like myself, are still pissed about the Kentucky game.

I have finally realized something. We were lied too about the wide receiver room.

We are missing Malik Heath and Makai Polk MASSIVELY... Those guys would fight for the ball, even tho Heath would end up fighting the DB instead of fighting for just the ball.

Heath is ole miss's best receiver rn.

Our road schedule is much more difficult this year. Kentucky and Alabama are 2 and 3 points allowed per game in the SEC. LSU on the road is never easy. We did at least handle Arizona pretty easily.

Todd4State
10-24-2022, 10:36 PM

Biggest concern I have going forward- not just the Egg Bowl- is getting Sharp and Johnson back. Maybe Crumedy to a lesser degree. Our last four opponents are pretty run heavy and Crumedy could help us out a lot with that. Having Sharp and Johnson make our offense much better.

Need to get velcro for Walley and Tulu's hands.

WhiskeyPirate
10-24-2022, 10:43 PM
Biggest concern I have going forward- not just the Egg Bowl- is getting Sharp and Johnson back. Maybe Crumedy to a lesser degree. Our last four opponents are pretty run heavy and Crumedy could help us out a lot with that. Having Sharp and Johnson make our offense much better.

Need to get velcro for Walley and Tulu's hands.
I’m counting them as back, we don’t have a big enough margin of error to be missing those guys.

I think we come out ready to play against auburn and Georgia. If healthy we will play well. We can beat ole miss, not sure about ole miss and sec officials.

parabrave
10-24-2022, 11:32 PM

Thats still around. How many posters do they have'; 3.