PDA

View Full Version : Just for the record

Percho
10-23-2022, 04:54 PM
All of you got to witness the greatest coaching job in the history of the game.

Took the third most penalized team is football and in one week made it the least most penalized.

How do you do that, with a phone call?

Commercecomet24
10-23-2022, 04:55 PM
You know it's all coaching, Nick got that stuff cleaned up in one week!*****

Catfish
10-23-2022, 04:59 PM
Burton threatened to slap the refs.****

Commercecomet24
10-23-2022, 05:03 PM
The thing is bama beats us without the penalties or non calls against them, but it would've been much closer which doesn't look good for them. I've seen it for to many years. And when it happens people don't pay any attention to it because it's us, and that bugs me. You don't think if that kinda crap happened against lsu or Florida it wouldn't been all over the place? Heck just look at how much whining bama did after Tennessee last week and see what happens? When we say something though we get the same ol, "well you wouldn't have won anyways". The point is it's not being called honestly and that's a serious issue because it's a question of integrity at that point. Once again because it's us though it doesn't matter. I would just like in my lifetime see one game with bama called square.

ScooterDog
10-23-2022, 05:23 PM
Amen Commerce. I?ve seen this alabama referee crap since 1976 and it hasn?t changed one bit. At least I enjoyed the Tenn game.

Commercecomet24
10-23-2022, 05:50 PM
Man I just watched jimmy garropolo get pushed harder than
young got pushed last night after a pass and amazingly no roughing the passer, wow!

dawgday166
10-23-2022, 06:18 PM
young got pushed last night after a pass and amazingly no roughing the passer, wow!

Saban doesn't coach San Fran and hasn't whined to NFL about his QB taking a lick or two the previous week ****

RocketDawg
10-23-2022, 06:34 PM
All of you got to witness the greatest coaching job in the history of the game.

Took the third most penalized team is football and in one week made it the least most penalized.

How do you do that, with a phone call?

Amazing - one minor 5-yard penalty early on, then nothing until a minute or so left in the game when there were a couple of pass interferences (if I recall correctly). And no offensive holding calls, of course.

PikeDawg15
10-23-2022, 06:42 PM
LSU will beat Alabama in Death Valley.

Mark it down.

LSU vs Tennessee sec west title

Tennessee wins

Playoff gonna be

1. Tennessee
2. Ohio state
3. Clemson
4. Georgia

Bama is gonna be in massive trouble next year when Bryce Young and Will anderson leave .

dawgday166
10-23-2022, 07:01 PM
Amazing - one minor 5-yard penalty early on, then nothing until a minute or so left in the game when there were a couple of pass interferences (if I recall correctly). And no offensive holding calls, of course.

Yep ... those PIs and D holding weren't happening the rest of game. Bama just got a little sloppy in last 2 mins when it didn't matter ****

LC Dawg
10-23-2022, 07:11 PM
And after Saban got his wish for this game he threw his little tantrum at the end to posture for the LSU game.

Commercecomet24
10-23-2022, 07:13 PM
And after Saban got his wish for this game he threw his little tantrum at the end to posture for the LSU game.

Yeah that tantrum at the end last night reminded me of a spoiled little kid that needed his butt whipped! Screw
Little nicky and bama

dawgday166
10-23-2022, 07:18 PM
LMAO CC ... Dammit tho, I still gotta spread more rep.

Bdawg
10-23-2022, 09:22 PM
Yeah that tantrum at the end last night reminded me of a spoiled little kid that needed his butt whipped! Screw
Little nicky and bama

Yeah I can’t stand that! Tried to rep. How does he sit over there all game and watch that BS being called on us, then throw a hissy fit over 2 calls against them with with less than 2 mins in the game. What a little bitch. Screw that guy! He supports players hitting a woman anyway!

Goldendawg
10-23-2022, 09:37 PM

Watched a lot of NFL games today while reading and posting here and haven't seen a targeting call yet. Guess NFL players get it while college guys still learning what they can't do. However, after watching the two hand touch protection on Young last night how can a college D player know how to legally hit a QB? Sure Chris Jones has felt the same way recently.

Todd4State
10-23-2022, 09:41 PM

Yeah. That was a bit confusing to me. If we're up on Mercer or whoever 56-0 and they score on the last play of the game with a TD I'm probably more likely to stand up and applaud them for not quitting than I am to throw a temper tantrum.

It's not "well I'm just competitive". That was completely idiotic on Saban's part.

Todd4State
10-23-2022, 09:42 PM
Yeah I can’t stand that! Tried to rep. How does he sit over there all game and watch that BS being called on us, then throw a hissy fit over 2 calls against them with with less than 2 mins in the game. What a little bitch. Screw that guy! He supports players hitting a woman anyway!

Thankfully Will wasn't scared for his life when he saw that Alabama event worker who needed help. And why does our QB have to help their staff when Saban's program is supposed to have everything covered?

Commercecomet24
10-23-2022, 09:43 PM
Yeah. That was a bit confusing to me. If we're up on Mercer or whoever 56-0 and they score on the last play of the game with a TD I'm probably more likely to stand up and applaud them for not quitting than I am to throw a temper tantrum.

It's not "well I'm just competitive". That was completely idiotic on Saban's part.

He honestly looked like a little freaking spoiled child!

Bdawg
10-23-2022, 09:49 PM
Thankfully Will wasn't scared for his life when he saw that Alabama event worker who needed help. And why does our QB have to help their staff when Saban's program is supposed to have everything covered?

Yeah they supposedly have it all covered. Like the BEST medical staff the world has ever seen. I know the announcer made sure we knew this!

Todd4State
10-23-2022, 09:54 PM
He honestly looked like a little freaking spoiled child!

When it happened I was like "enjoy your heart attack Nick."

Yeah they supposedly have it all covered. Like the BEST medical staff the world has ever seen. I know the announcer made sure we knew this!

Nick is invincible. Except for the one game he blows every year when the officials swallow their whistles.

Bdawg
10-23-2022, 10:02 PM
Wonder if all other fan bases feel the same way we do? Because it sure seems to be the worst against us for some reason.

Commercecomet24
10-23-2022, 10:04 PM
Wonder if all other fan bases feel the same way we do? Because it sure seems to be the worst against us for some reason.

Well I will say I've seen it happen to others besides us. Many have got the short end over the years

Bdawg
10-23-2022, 10:15 PM
Well I will say I've seen it happen to others besides us. Many have got the short end over the years

We seem to be the worst, imo. But maybe it’s just me. I know there have been some blatantly bad calls on us though. It like we are the SEC whipping post so Saban can get his team back right.

WhiskeyPirate
10-23-2022, 10:15 PM

I think they honestly treat the upper tier, wealthy schools with winning tradition much differently. If you are trying to climb your way up or beat a ranked team with playoff potential.....you are going to get screwed. Not just our program but similar programs in this conference. I do think ole miss has gotten much more benefit than us, but this may change if they lose a few games in this stretch.

Commercecomet24
10-23-2022, 10:20 PM
When I used to take my teams to play in Louisiana I used to tell them
you have to throw out every runner by 2 steps and have to beat every throw by 2 steps because teams from Mississippi ain't getting no calls here, lol! One thing though they hated teams from Texas worse than Mississippi though so if we played a Texas team there we'd get a few call!

Same thing when we play bama in football or uk in basketball

yjnkdawg
10-23-2022, 11:22 PM
Seems like any time SEC referees officiate they have their own agenda when they can sometimes either help or hurt a team with certain calls or no calls.

Saltydog
10-24-2022, 06:14 PM
Yeah I can?t stand that! Tried to rep. How does he sit over there all game and watch that BS being called on us, then throw a hissy fit over 2 calls against them with with less than 2 mins in the game. What a little bitch. Screw that guy! He supports players hitting a woman anyway!

Hate to say it but Jimbo was right. The guy is an egotistical, narcissistic asshole and I will be so glad when he gets his comeuppance.

Commercecomet24
10-24-2022, 06:36 PM
Hate to say it but Jimbo was right. The guy is an egotistical, narcissistic asshole and I will be so glad when he gets his comeuppance.

Yep, he's that on steroids. Lot of great coaches are though. Screw saban and bama.

Biguglyjoe
10-24-2022, 07:27 PM

Saban gets fighting mad over a PI call but is totally fine with a player striking a female fan of the opposing team. Priorities.

BulldogBear
10-24-2022, 10:24 PM
Little nicky and bama

I remember thinking something similar. I was like wow, what an entitled whiny little titty baby.

NCDawg
10-24-2022, 10:32 PM
Little nicky and bama

Yeah, he's a hothead. Just one time, I wish we could beat the crap out of Alabama while he is coach.

GoDawgz
10-25-2022, 08:35 AM

This might be the worst Alabama o-line in quite some time, #65 right tackle for them is a holding call every other play and it never gets called. Im sure the SEC office took a beating week at the Tennessee loss on the number of penalties against Bama. They weren't about to let that happen again. Got to protect the cow$!

Commercecomet24
10-25-2022, 08:45 AM
Yeah, he's a hothead. Just one time, I wish we could beat the crap out of Alabama while he is coach.

Amen to that! Watching his melt and the bama fans whining would be absolute gold!

basedog
10-25-2022, 08:52 AM
Actually the "Blue Bloods" all over the country such as Ohio State, Clemson, Bama, Usc and many others get "royal treatment". It's always been this way and it will never change. You never see Vandy's of the World get favoritisms and never will. Perception plays a big part in sports.

Commercecomet24
10-25-2022, 09:00 AM
Actually the "Blue Bloods" all over the country such as Ohio State, Clemson, Bama, Usc and many others get "royal treatment". It's always been this way and it will never change. You never see Vandy's of the World get favoritisms and never will. Perception plays a big part in sports.

This is 100% true. I've seen it happen in every conference. It suck too. Big 10 is as bad as the sec for this.

PikeDawg15
10-25-2022, 10:38 AM

Arkansas feels the same way as us.

PikeDawg15
10-25-2022, 10:40 AM

When the 12 team playoff arrives, I think the officiating will get slightly better because they can allow for Alabama to lose 2 games in a regular season.

TrapGame
10-25-2022, 11:27 AM
When the 12 team playoff arrives, I think the officiating will get slightly better because they can allow for Alabama to lose 2 games in a regular season.

No way that happens. Part of the mystique of Saban is his roster of five stars and how the yellow flags seem to favor him in most games. I'm sure those guys that officiated the Bama/A&M game will NEVER ref another Bama game the rest of their careers. Saban's a great coach b/c he's got a three deep of potential NFL talent on both sides of the ball. When he has lesser talent - his entire tenure at Michigan State, the first couple of years at LSU, Alabama's first couple of years - he's not so godlike.

The 12 team expansion will benefit another tier of football teams. The additional money makers of the P5 conferences. We need to really strive to be a frequent member of that tier b/c it could mean some flags stay in the pockets of the refs which means more money, more exposure and expanding the recruiting footprint to where we could actually snag a five star or two every year.

PikeDawg15
10-25-2022, 12:47 PM
No way that happens. Part of the mystique of Saban is his roster of five stars and how the yellow flags seem to favor him in most games. I'm sure those guys that officiated the Bama/A&M game will NEVER ref another Bama game the rest of their careers. Saban's a great coach b/c he's got a three deep of potential NFL talent on both sides of the ball. When he has lesser talent - his entire tenure at Michigan State, the first couple of years at LSU, Alabama's first couple of years - he's not so godlike.

The 12 team expansion will benefit another tier of football teams. The additional money makers of the P5 conferences. We need to really strive to be a frequent member of that tier b/c it could mean some flags stay in the pockets of the refs which means more money, more exposure and expanding the recruiting footprint to where we could actually snag a five star or two every year.

When the 12 team playoff arrives, it will change college football. No longer can recruits only go to alabama, georgia, LSU, Ohio State, Michigan, and Clemson to get to the playoff.

That will open the door for teams that consistently finish near the top 12 to get some more recruits

TrapGame
10-25-2022, 01:05 PM
When the 12 team playoff arrives, it will change college football. No longer can recruits only go to alabama, georgia, LSU, Ohio State, Michigan, and Clemson to get to the playoff.

That will open the door for teams that consistently finish near the top 12 to get some more recruits

That's why we need to whatever it takes to stay around that top 12. And with us in the SECW we can lose 3 games and still be #12 or #11. If your 3 losses are all to top 10 teams landing 10-12 is very conceivable.

Barking 13
10-25-2022, 08:30 PM
And Ridley still stepped out of bounds….

tcdog70
10-26-2022, 01:35 PM
i read somewhere tat 50% of SEC Refs are from Alabama. Also if you knew that your DBs could hold and interfere and never get called--your defense would a lot better. When you do that on every play but only get a flag once in a blue Moon, you can win a few games. Hell, Ky's first Td drive we had 2 holding calls and a PI. then the talking heads said Will Levens lead them down the field---right.