View Full Version : Last 10 quarters in sec road football = 3 offensive TDs

msstate7
10-23-2022, 07:26 AM
We did have 2 TDs in first half vs lsu.

Total offense in these road games...
LSU - 289
Kentucky - 225
Bama - 293

We are not a good team, and we are flat out terrible on the road. Where's the egg this year?

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-23-2022, 07:42 AM
Counterargument:

LSU is much better than OM

Kentucky should have beaten OM inOxford, would have won on a neutral field. We played them in Lexington.

Bama is Bama, and the refs screwed us over repeatedly. OM won't beat them either

Looking at our performances vs common opponents, I'm not seeing that they are the better team.

basedog
10-23-2022, 07:46 AM

LSU - 289
Kentucky - 225
Bama - 293

We are not a good team, and we are flat out terrible on the road. Where's the egg this year?

Can't disagree 7.

Maroonthirteen
10-23-2022, 08:00 AM
I agree Real. LSU and Alabama have much better athletes than State. That's the difference in those games. Also Saban defense > Leachs offense.

Kentucky.... no explanation. UK must have a few more players on the LOS and we are slow on defense. Plus again, you have Stoops a defensive coach that game plans well for Leachs offense.

We need more weeks to project what will transpire in the Egg Bowl. Obviously today, I'd say OM will out score us. However ..... maybe the "Air raid" gets better in the next few weeks. Maybe.......

Activated Alpha
10-23-2022, 08:01 AM
OM will boat race State this year. I'm talking liked 45-0 type game

parabrave
10-23-2022, 10:46 AM

not with that defense. They will win but not by more than 3 TDs. If we stick to a running game maybe less.

Quaoarsking
10-23-2022, 10:58 AM

Sorry, but that's just completely out of touch with reality. We're probably better than 50-50 to lose :mad::(, but it won't be like that.

msstate7
10-23-2022, 10:59 AM
38-27 OM is my guess right now

Quaoarsking
10-23-2022, 11:01 AM
38-27 OM is my guess right now

That's a reasonable guess. They're better than us and at home, but I do think we'll be motivated.

State82
10-23-2022, 11:06 AM
We will get beat but not like that. That is Croom-like.

DownwardDawg
10-23-2022, 11:06 AM
That's a reasonable guess. They're better than us and at home, but I do think we'll be motivated.
I don't think Leach allows them to get motivated for a specific game. That's why he sucks in rivalry games. He tries to treat it like any other game.
It'll be interesting to see what happens at the end of the season.

Quaoarsking
10-23-2022, 11:12 AM
I don't think Leach allows them to get motivated for a specific game. That's why he sucks in rivalry games. He tries to treat it like any other game.
It'll be interesting to see what happens at the end of the season.

I don't think a head coach can disallow players from getting motivated. It was pretty obvious that our players were extra motivated against Arkansas after we should have won in both 2020 and 2021 and it slipped through our fingers. Hopefully we feel the same way about Ole Miss.

Activated Alpha
10-23-2022, 11:32 AM
Sorry, but that's just completely out of touch with reality. We're probably better than 50-50 to lose :mad::(, but it won't be like that.

Obviously it won't be like that, but we have performed abysmal offensively in our road games outside of the 1st half of LSU. I don't foresee that changing in Oxford

Activated Alpha
10-23-2022, 11:37 AM
Also, since he has been here Leach is 5-10 in away games. Not really a inspiring away record....

Pinto
10-23-2022, 01:01 PM
42-17 Ole Miss

Goldendawg
10-23-2022, 04:05 PM

LSU - 289
Kentucky - 225
Bama - 293

Maybe our O has problems with SEC D's that have a pulse and physical DB's.

Goldendawg
10-23-2022, 04:08 PM

You mean like a "I didn't see that coming", 48-0, Croom type loss? He got fired for such. Just saying.

CaptainObvious
10-23-2022, 11:33 PM
I think it will be 65-6 ole Miss with State scoring on the last play of the game and some of our fans saying there is no quit in this State team.

yjnkdawg
10-23-2022, 11:42 PM

You know this for a fact or just a wag?

Quaoarsking
10-24-2022, 12:24 AM
I think it will be 65-6 ole Miss with State scoring on the last play of the game and some of our fans saying there is no quit in this State team.

I think we will win 95-0, converting the extra point on 11 of our 14 touchdowns.

BulldogBear
10-24-2022, 12:54 AM
No one has won more than two in a row when the other one had a pulse since Vaught. We are winning the Egg Bowl. They are a paper Tiger. The Egg Bowl is never a Tru home game. It's not 50/50 or anything but neither team ever plays a game in their home stadium with anything even close to being close to being close to the number of visiting fans present than in the Egg Bowl. It's not like other home games. They are no more impressive on either side of the ball than we are. Good grief with little brother crap on this one. Open your eyes and watch them play.

yjnkdawg
10-24-2022, 12:20 PM
You didn't mention Bama had just 290 total yards with some of that being due to phantom no calls on holding.

msstate7
10-24-2022, 12:47 PM
You didn't mention Bama had just 290 total yards with some of that being due to phantom no calls on holding.

Our defense was outstanding. Our offense was not

Commercecomet24
10-24-2022, 12:52 PM
Our defense was outstanding. Our offense was not

This. Defense played balls out all night. They fought, they hit hard(sometime to hard according to officials,lol), and were not intimidated. Holding bama to a fg after that muffed punt was outstanding!

PikeDawg15
10-24-2022, 01:02 PM
What gives me hope for the egg bowl is that ... Well a couple things

1. Last year Ole Miss's defense got better as the year progressed, this year its getting worse every game.

2. We have an excellent defense

3. Matt Corrall doesnt play for them anymore

4. They are running a 3 man front in every single game, all 7 of their games are 3 man fronts, we can have success against a 3 man front.

5. Crumedy should be back vs Auburn and so should sharp and the others like dillion johnson.

This next 4 game stretch will define Leach's tenure at MSU.

The players should take this week to rest and get mentally prepared for this stretch and beat auburn. We have a night game against them so it should be a better crowd than an 11am.

Commercecomet24
10-24-2022, 01:10 PM

1. Last year Ole Miss's defense got better as the year progressed, this year its getting worse every game.

3. Matt Corrall doesnt play for them anymore

4. They are running a 3 man front in every single game, all 7 of their games are 3 man fronts, we can have success against a 3 man front.

5. Crumedy should be back vs Auburn and so should sharp and the others like dillion johnson.

This next 4 game stretch will define Leach's tenure at MSU.

The players should take this week to rest and get mentally prepared for this stretch and beat auburn. We have a night game against them so it should be a better crowd than an 11am.

Good post and so glad we're getting a night game against auburn. We are different team at home and a night game will be electric.

Catfish
10-24-2022, 01:39 PM
Good post and so glad we're getting a night game against auburn. We are different team at home and a night game will be electric.

Leach needs to show the team the second half of us and auburn from last year.

Coach34
10-24-2022, 01:49 PM

We are 8th in the SEC in total D almost tied on the nose with Mississippi.

basedog
10-24-2022, 02:03 PM
This. Defense played balls out all night. They fought, they hit hard(sometime to hard according to officials,lol), and were not intimidated. Holding bama to a fg after that muffed punt was outstanding!

Yes, they did, what was bad a just bad decision making was not kicking or at least attempting the FG very early in the game, we had a decent drive and not gaining some confidence was not good. My deal, when you are playing a team such as Bama you take whatever scoring you can get every time. Our defense was put in several bad spots with gambling and not converting. Not only that but the play calling was awful. Just saying.

Commercecomet24
10-24-2022, 02:08 PM
Yes, they did, what was bad a just bad decision making was not kicking or at least attempting the FG very early in the game, we had a decent drive and not gaining some confidence was not good. My deal, when you are playing a team such as Bama you take whatever scoring you can get every time. Our defense was put in several bad spots with gambling and not converting. Not only that but the play calling was awful. Just saying.

Can't argue with much. I was torn on that first 4th down call. In most situations I would say take the points but with the way our kicking game has been I can see why Leach didn't have much confidence in kicking it there and the play call was perfect we just didn't catch the ball. Now the 4th down from our own 30, not smart and not calling running plays on 2 different drives on third and one and 4th and one, not smart either.