PDA

View Full Version : Final SEC End-of-Season Scenario Prediction

dawgday166
10-23-2022, 12:00 AM
TN wins SEC East. Saban gets his revenge big time in SEC Title Game. No argument who is better team then.

Sorta gives illusion that it isn't so scripted since GA won't be in SEC Title Game. Makes it appear legit and mixes it up a little too.

Or .. if GA does win East by beating TN, Bama blows past them in SEC Title Game. Still shows who's dominant.

I also think that Lane may lose by only 10 to 14 against Bama. Those OM lawyers/doctors have a lot of influence with ESPN and SEC. That won't hurt Bama's ranking none. OM still highly ranked.

Let's see what happens.

ETA: Either GA or TN will only have one loss too ... and get in CFP with Bama.

Goldendawg
10-23-2022, 12:03 AM
I don't think bama has a dominate team this year. Maybe with continued ref help and two hand touch on Young.

dawgday166
10-23-2022, 12:08 AM
I don't think bama has a dominate team this year. Maybe with continued ref help and two hand touch on Young.

I don't either. But that hasn't stopped a similar scenario to mine before. Only year since 1st CFP Title game in 2015 Bama hasn't made CFP Title game was 2019 when Joe Burrow was a great SEC story. And Tua getting hurt was a good excuse for a Bama "down" year so SEC let it slide. If Tua doesn't get hurt, Bama in CFP too. Probably in title game rematch against LSU. JMHO.

WhiskeyPirate
10-23-2022, 12:14 AM
TN wins SEC East. Saban gets his revenge big time in SEC Title Game. No argument who is better team then.

Sorta gives illusion that it isn't so scripted since GA won't be in SEC Title Game. Makes it appear legit and mixes it up a little too.

Or .. if GA does win East by beating TN, Bama blows past them in SEC Title Game. Still shows who's dominant.

I also think that Lane may lose by only 10 to 14 against Bama. Those OM lawyers/doctors have a lot of influence with ESPN and SEC. That won't hurt Bama's ranking none. OM still highly ranked.

Let's see what happens.

ETA: Either GA or TN will only have one loss too ... and get in CFP with Bama.

Probably close, they have to have as much drama as possible. Once daddy war bucks UT gets in the sec and saban retires they will have to redraw the scenarios.

I’ll tell you what’s a joke and that’s Clemson as the fourth play off team. They are not good and would not have a good record in the sec.

College basketball does the same thing with NCAA tourney and television markets. One year I watched as Wichita state was blowing Uk out, the winner faced duke or unc the next round, Wichita has a tiny viewer share...so the second half the refs hit Wichita with like 19-21 fouls and Kentucky came vpback from a huge deficit to win in an obviously fixed game. That was all about scripting a uk duke matchup and television revenue. Same deal in football.

dawgday166
10-23-2022, 12:25 AM
Probably close, they have to have as much drama as possible. Once daddy war bucks UT gets in the sec and saban retires they will have to redraw the scenarios.

I’ll tell you what’s a joke and that’s Clemson as the fourth play off team. They are not good and would not have a good record in the sec.

College basketball does the same thing with NCAA tourney and television markets. One year I watched as Wichita state was blowing Uk out, the winner faced duke or unc the next round, Wichita has a tiny viewer share...so the second half the refs hit Wichita with like 19-21 fouls and Kentucky came vpback from a huge deficit to win in an obviously fixed game. That was all about scripting a uk duke matchup and television revenue. Same deal in football.

It's creeping into the other sports too, besides football and men's hoops. I didn't watch much baseball this year but ... OM winning year after we won when they couldn't hardly make tourney in years before that .. very coincidental. It is more difficult to fix baseball like football & hoops can be fixed tho.

ETA: I'm not saying baseball is fixed ... just saying it's really coincidental OM won this year.

WhiskeyPirate
10-23-2022, 12:31 AM
There a whole lot on the nfl out there, some guys have youtube videos on very suspicious plays/calls. Nfl lines and officiating are a no brainer. I don’t care if the game is fixedor not, the officials will make sure the over and under and the line is tight in way too many games. When I was younger I realized not to bet on nfl games because of this , college is/was much easier.

It’s entertainment.