PDA

View Full Version : How many Qb's are here in Summer 2023 If Leach is still Coach?

ScoobaDawg
10-22-2022, 11:17 PM
I don't see anyway Will get's overtaken. If... Leach is still around.
But... the fact is Will can't throw it past 25 yards. To be successful in Leach's offense YOU HAVE TO STRETCH THE FIELD....

We currently have Green (3*) and Robertson (4*)playing backup. Someone won't stay... will either stay? Sawyer has gotten meaningless reps and is 4 for 5 and 18 yards so far on the season.
Not to mention Locke from this previous class that's another top 25 3*
follow that up and looks like we get Chris Parsons another top 25 Qb... and the most dual quality from what I've seen.

Do you give leach another year to give Parson's the keys?
That ain't happening. Will was the exception to start at FR.

I just don't think if Leach finishes the year like we are expecting (3 loses to UM) we can keep him. You don't keep him. we lose most of that QB room.

I'm pissed. Why can't we develop one of those under classman that can sling it.

Dawgology
10-23-2022, 12:56 AM
But... the fact is Will can't throw it past 25 yards. To be successful in Leach's offense YOU HAVE TO STRETCH THE FIELD....

We currently have Green (3*) and Robertson (4*)playing backup. Someone won't stay... will either stay? Sawyer has gotten meaningless reps and is 4 for 5 and 18 yards so far on the season.
follow that up and looks like we get Chris Parsons another top 25 Qb... and the most dual quality from what I've seen.

I just don't think if Leach finishes the year like we are expecting (3 loses to UM) we can keep him. You don't keep him. we lose most of that QB room.

Leach isn?t going anywhere. Cohens fate is tied to Leach becoming a success and Keenums fate is tied to Cohens success. It will be another couple years at least. We will finish this season 7-5. We will have a slightly easier schedule next year but still no walk in the park. If we finish with 8-9 wins next season he will stay on. Anything less than that I think you have to start looking.

ScoobaDawg
10-23-2022, 12:59 AM
Leach isn?t going anywhere. Cohens fate is tied to Leach becoming a success and Keenums fate is tied to Cohens success. It will be another couple years at least. We will finish this season 7-5. We will have a slightly easier schedule next year but still no walk in the park. If we finish with 8-9 wins next season he will stay on. Anything less than that I think you have to start looking.

3 losing seasons to UM and he needs to head to key west. if that ties Cohen to it. so be it. Keenum ain't going nowhere. he's too tied and connected. for good or bad.
Show me how we win 8-9 when Will can't hit beyond 20 yards... this isn't the offense of Tech with crabtree.

Todd4State
10-23-2022, 01:49 AM
3 losing seasons to UM and he needs to head to key west. if that ties Cohen to it. so be it. Keenum ain't going nowhere. he's too tied and connected. for good or bad.
Show me how we win 8-9 when Will can't hit beyond 20 yards... this isn't the offense of Tech with crabtree.

If Will is the true issue and we're bringing in more talented QB's why fire Leach? Constantly rebuilding and re-installing probably wouldn't be a good move for us at this point.

Pinto
10-23-2022, 07:44 AM
This is my frustration with Leach. Will is not the answer. He has hit his ceiling and it?s not sec level. If we want a chance at more than 6 wins we have to hand someone else the keys. Use these last 4 games as tryouts and to get someone else ready. Otherwise Leach is just being lazy.

MetEdDawg
10-23-2022, 08:36 AM
This is my frustration with Leach. Will is not the answer. He has hit his ceiling and it?s not sec level. If we want a chance at more than 6 wins we have to hand someone else the keys. Use these last 4 games as tryouts and to get someone else ready. Otherwise Leach is just being lazy.

Yeah Will was not the issue last night. Walley on the 4th drop, RaRa on the sideline with a toe out, Tulu on the goal line, couple other critical drops.

If you think Will is the problem, you just aren't watching the game. Will played well enough last night. We continue to have WR issues with getting open against decent defenses and catching the ball.

Our OL played well enough to win last night without Sharp. But our WRs continue to play poorly in big situations and big games. And we ran 87 plays last night.

Until we have WRs that consistently can get open, catch the ball, and win some more matchups, it will not change. But Will, the OL, the RBs, and even the defense played what I thought was a fairly solid game last night. Best all around performance we've had in Tuscaloosa in a long time.

Pinto
10-23-2022, 08:46 AM
So Will wasn?t throwing off his back foot all night? He didn?t duck down when the pocket got tight? He didn?t overshoot several guys? He didn?t throw into triple coverage several times? He didn?t check into the wrong play that even made Leach cuss on camera?

You?re right I watched the wrong game.

I?ll admit there were atleast 4 crucial drops and the WRs played soft. Answer me this though How does Will make this team better? What does he add to the offense that makes other teams have to game plan just for him?

Yeah Will was not the issue last night. Walley on the 4th drop, RaRa on the sideline with a toe out, Tulu on the goal line, couple other critical drops.

If you think Will is the problem, you just aren't watching the game. Will played well enough last night. We continue to have WR issues with getting open against decent defenses and catching the ball.

Our OL played well enough to win last night without Sharp. But our WRs continue to play poorly in big situations and big games. And we ran 87 plays last night.

Until we have WRs that consistently can get open, catch the ball, and win some more matchups, it will not change. But Will, the OL, the RBs, and even the defense played what I thought was a fairly solid game last night. Best all around performance we've had in Tuscaloosa in a long time.

Homedawg
10-23-2022, 11:09 AM

So play a guy that isn't as good at this point?? Talk about making no sense. none.

MetEdDawg
10-23-2022, 11:17 AM
So Will wasn?t throwing off his back foot all night? He didn?t duck down when the pocket got tight? He didn?t overshoot several guys? He didn?t throw into triple coverage several times? He didn?t check into the wrong play that even made Leach cuss on camera?

You?re right I watched the wrong game.

I?ll admit there were atleast 4 crucial drops and the WRs played soft. Answer me this though How does Will make this team better? What does he add to the offense that makes other teams have to game plan just for him?

He made some mistakes sure. So will most every QB that plays Alabama, especially if you throw it 60 times.

Will has experience in this offense and for the most part can get the ball where it needs to go. But let's not blame Will for a couple bad throws when WRs drop balls and Bama gets to pin their ears back and come full tilt on you on 3rd/4th down and long.

Will almost always makes the right throw. In this offense that's going to win us 6-7 games almost guaranteed. But risk taking is not his forte and if we want to beat a Bama, we will have to take some risks. So sure we can upgrade from Will, but that QB isn't on our roster right now so there's no point having the conversation honestly.

WRs cost us last night period. Couldn't get open consistently and dropped critical throws that were catchable. That has to change and that's not on Will at all.

Goldendawg
10-23-2022, 04:18 PM

I guess reading here that we had our best WR room in years was comparing them to our own past years/results.

Maverick91
10-23-2022, 04:29 PM

Sing this till the cows come home!

Maverick91
10-23-2022, 04:30 PM
I guess reading here that we had our best WR room in years was comparing them to our own past years/results.

Talent on roster, yes. Are they playing up to their talent? Absolutely not! They all seem to be loafing around. And that I cannot answer as to why.

Percho
10-23-2022, 04:45 PM
Let me put it this way. Presently AW is still our best receiver and is the least athletic, therefore he should not be, yet is.

IMHO if you can't go catch the ball, we do not need you.

Todd4State
10-23-2022, 05:00 PM
So play a guy that isn't as good at this point?? Talk about making no sense. none.

That will solve it because of his "ceiling".

Todd4State
10-23-2022, 05:01 PM

We do. Did you forget about Guidry and Osiris? The year we had like one WR over 6'0" with Dan.

Homedawg
10-23-2022, 05:02 PM
That will solve it because of his "ceiling".

Right. And we won't win but one more game for sure then. But swell he will "be ready" for next year... smh

Coach34
10-23-2022, 05:07 PM
almost assuredly see someone transfer after this season.

Todd4State
10-23-2022, 05:11 PM
Right. And we won't win but one more game for sure then. But swell he will "be ready" for next year... smh

Yeah and then when that guy doesn't work out well really the guy behind him was the real deal all along.

We've seen this story play out and it always ends the same for us.

MetEdDawg
10-23-2022, 06:15 PM
almost assuredly see someone transfer after this season.

I'm concerned someone will come after RaRa. Auburn is the one that concerns me the most there considering how much NIL they shell out and how that would put him much closer to home.

Need our freshmen to stay too. Concerned we will lose one or two of them.

3rdGen
10-23-2022, 06:17 PM

Parson is the answer that we are all looking for here... I believe it and if we have to stay with Leach until we see what he can do then so be it. Boy can sling it and I feel like he will be athletic enough to get into space.

CaptainObvious
10-23-2022, 06:54 PM
Parson is the answer that we are all looking for here... I believe it and if we have to stay with Leach until we see what he can do then so be it. Boy can sling it and I feel like he will be athletic enough to get into space.

Oh boy! The next savior is still in high school guys.

Hmm.. 2 years ago the next savior was Sawyer Robertson, a High 4 star, who couldn?t beat out a 3 star from a Mississippi HS in a State where most coaches still agree with Woody Hayes about the forward pass.

Last year, the savior was Brayden Locke, another High 4 star signed to sit on the bench for at least 3 years.

This year, the hero and savior is a composite High 3 star from a Tennessee HS where QBs are rarely highly recruited these days.

Who will be the 23 future savior of MSU football who is just a Junior in high school?

Heck, Pearl High has a Freshman QB starter. Maybe we can get him committed.

SMDH!

Reunion Dog
10-24-2022, 02:40 AM
Someone needs to say it? so I will.

Out assistant coaches SUCK. Spurrier Jr could coach his way out of a wet paper bag? because our receivers haven?t showed any real progress. Same with OL and Def backs. And let?s not even talk about special teams. Let?s go spend some money and get some game changers that CAN make a difference instead of just getting a pay check. Hope them accountable also.

Can?t recruit or coach and we are STUCK with them.

Lord McBuckethead
10-24-2022, 07:31 AM
Can?t get open if the defense only has to guard 15 yards downfield. Sit back and Tee off on every play.

Johnson85
10-24-2022, 08:44 AM

Out assistant coaches SUCK. Spurrier Jr could coach his way out of a wet paper bag? because our receivers haven?t showed any real progress. Same with OL and Def backs. And let?s not even talk about special teams. Let?s go spend some money and get some game changers that CAN make a difference instead of just getting a pay check. Hope them accountable also.

You serious Clark? We're still not where we need to be, but we've generally upgarded across the board. We used to have a drop off from Austin Williams, who is just barely athletic enough to play in the SEC and probably isn't outside of the air raid. Now we wouldn't have a drop off if he was out except that he probably is the best at finding the soft spot of a zone and the most on the same page with Will. Ducking is a JUCO transfer that has more TD catches this year than he had receptions last year. Other than Polk, who transferred in to play for Leach, RaRa is as good or better than anybody else we had.

I will say it's been disappointing that Walley and Tulu haven't reached anywhere near their potential. At this point I wish we had made Tulu a CB. I know he'd be small for CB but but he's just too damn athletic to waste him as a WR that can't be trusted to catch the ball.

tcdog70
10-24-2022, 08:51 AM
look , Sharp and Dillon didn't play--they might be our two best offensive players. Sure some QBs will be gone--shit so will some running backs-wrs-Ol--that is what happens when you can't play--they move on-wtf? I'll bet we will have plenty of QBs on our roster.

Commercecomet24
10-24-2022, 08:53 AM
look , Sharp and Dillon didn't play--they might be our two best offensive players. Sure some QBs will be gone--shit so will some running backs-wrs-Ol--that is what happens when you can't play--they move on-wtf? I'll bet we will have plenty of QBs on our roster.

This, it happens to every team, every year. It's the landscape of cfb now.

yjnkdawg
10-24-2022, 11:36 AM
I think because Will knows CML's system and CML trusts him. CML is going to play the QB that he feels will give us the best chance to win (which makes sense). Why another QB can't pick this system up and run with it I don't know. I think CML wants a mobile type QB that can scramble and run his system. (he has even mentioned this) but right now Will knows it better than anybody on the roster. I think the losses also had something to do with the DB's we were playing against more like a NFL DB pass defense and our receivers couldn't handle the physicality. Did the DB's hold some and/or PI? Yep, but as long as you don't get called for it why change.

ScooterDog
10-24-2022, 08:25 PM
My worry is this - what good is it to get Parsons if Leach isn?t going to let him run in certain situations ? Like 4th & 1 for example.

Commercecomet24
10-24-2022, 08:28 PM
My worry is this - what good is it to get Parsons if Leach isn?t going to let him run in certain situations ? Like 4th & 1 for example.

Leach didn't stop Minshew from running when needed to. Heck you can go all the way back to Kliff Kingsbury and he used his feet well. Leach had a guy at Valdosta State and I can't remember his name but that kid was a heckuva runner.

R2Dawg
10-25-2022, 07:15 PM
Can?t get open if the defense only has to guard 15 yards downfield. Sit back and Tee off on every play.

If I were an opposing team and my DC couldn't stop Leach's O, he'd be on firing block. It ain't hard. The good one's stop us cold, the bad ones well look bad trying. There are enough bad DC out there that keep many thinking Leach is the answer.

CaptainObvious
10-25-2022, 07:51 PM
I?m not convinced Chris Parson will be on our roster next year. He seems like the type of guy who would not like to be on the sidelines watching Herman Munster in lead boots try to avoid a pass rush while waiting for a receiver to come open 5 yards down field.

Hambone
10-25-2022, 08:50 PM
Herman Munster doesn’t run a spead option for a first down.

Some of you just hate Will. Always will. Doesn’t matter what he does. You just won’t like him. Multiple posters have already pointed out that on key situations he made the throws that needed to be made and the ball wasn’t caught. Just three weeks ago national media was raving about how he escaped the pocket and made a dime of a throw for a TD.

There are so many experts on here that it’s amazing they have time away from their NFL head coaching jobs to post on the Mississippi State message board.

Catfish
10-25-2022, 09:20 PM

Some of you just hate Will. Always will. Doesn’t matter what he does. You just won’t like him. Multiple posters have already pointed out that on key situations he made the throws that needed to be made and the ball wasn’t caught. Just three weeks ago national media was raving about how he escaped the pocket and made a dime of a throw for a TD.

There are so many experts on here that it’s amazing they have time away from their NFL head coaching jobs to post on the Mississippi State message board.

Rep!

parabrave
10-25-2022, 10:14 PM
Oh boy! The next savior is still in high school guys.

Hmm.. 2 years ago the next savior was Sawyer Robertson, a High 4 star, who couldn?t beat out a 3 star from a Mississippi HS in a State where most coaches still agree with Woody Hayes about the forward pass.

Last year, the savior was Brayden Locke, another High 4 star signed to sit on the bench for at least 3 years.

This year, the hero and savior is a composite High 3 star from a Tennessee HS where QBs are rarely highly recruited these days.

Who will be the 23 future savior of MSU football who is just a Junior in high school?

Heck, Pearl High has a Freshman QB starter. Maybe we can get him committed.

SMDH!

Ocean Springs has a highly rated QB but he be heading to Bama. And our so called "best ever" receiver corps sucking; well that's coaching!!! Whatever your duthers with the country club they could develop players. This staff can't.

yjnkdawg
10-25-2022, 10:45 PM

Rep given

RezDog7
10-25-2022, 10:47 PM

I might agree with you on WR's, how could I not, but DB's and OL have continued to improve the last two years.

RezDog7
10-25-2022, 10:52 PM
Ocean Springs has a highly rated QB but he be heading to Bama. And our so called "best ever" receiver corps sucking; well that's coaching!!! Whatever your duthers with the country club they could develop players. This staff can't.

That QB is going to bama to play DB. If you're going to run your mouth, at least know the facts.

yjnkdawg
10-25-2022, 11:14 PM

The receiving corps aren't physical enough when the DB's are playing physical on them is what CML says. He was really frustrated with that and says they have hands but they are not using them. He also said if you have a body part that you don't use over a period of time then you lose it. It's certain things coaches can do and certain things players have to do. The country club didn't fare too well at UF though did they. I'm not sure where you got the country club could develop players but nobody on this staff can, but whatever.

parabrave
10-26-2022, 12:32 AM
That QB is going to bama to play DB. If you're going to run your mouth, at least know the facts.

I know that. And he isn't going to end up playing DB. more than likely sit the bench so some other team doesn't grab him. He is a very good QB.

Homedawg
10-26-2022, 07:36 AM

Bama isn't taking him as a qb.

BrunswickDawg
10-26-2022, 08:27 AM
Leach didn't stop Minshew from running when needed to. Heck you can go all the way back to Kliff Kingsbury and he used his feet well. Leach had a guy at Valdosta State and I can't remember his name but that kid was a heckuva runner.

It was either Chris Hatcher or Lance Funderburk - I'm pretty sure those are the only 2 QB's at VS during the Mumme/Leach era

HancockCountyDog
10-26-2022, 08:39 AM

I don't understand why people are clamoring for the backup. Will runs this offense very well. The offense with a running game is really good.

With no running game, well it just isn't good.

TrapGame
10-26-2022, 08:41 AM
I don't understand why people are clamoring for the backup. Will runs this offense very well. The offense with a running game is really good.

And getting Dillon and Sharp back for AU will get the running game back on track.

NWADAWG
10-26-2022, 10:00 AM

I don't think I will ever be in favor of a coach telling the team (not literally but with actions) that he is giving up on them and moving on the the next season. That would the personification of a loser attitude. You fight with all you have until the end. If your team is 0-11, you fight to end the year 1-11 instead of 0-12.

Now, splitting practice reps a little more evenly or some other practice adjustment may make sense but not just throwing in the towel.

Johnson85
10-26-2022, 11:05 AM

Yea, I get Will didn't look good against LSU or UK (not sure how that blame should be allocated between him and his surrounding cast), but how often have we had a QB that looked good enough that we could win every game? Basically Dak and that's it. When the next Dak gets here, I'm perfectly happy to sit Will on the bench, but he seems like a pretty good plan B until then.

SilentSteel16
10-26-2022, 11:25 AM
Will Rogers is a plan B quarterback… in the NFL. He is going to make millions and if I was him I will continue to ice my “noodle arm” so that I can insure that living that he will have in NFL as a backup.

There are so many “never could hack it” types on this forum that run their mouth out of pure hate it is astounding.

Sometimes I have a hard time distinguishing the Ole Miss fan from some of our own.

Will Rogers is the best option IF you truly want to compete this year. Next year who knows, Rogers will still be here and unless some of these “saviors” on our bench grow a pair and take the job, Will Rogers will be your QB1 next year. After next year, Will Rogers will be sitting so comfortably that he will read ED posts just for laughs.

HancockCountyDog
10-26-2022, 12:02 PM
I genuinely don't think our fans appreciate what Will does bring to the table in this offense.

If we are going to run this offense, Will is our guy. If we simply incorporate a run game, the offense can work at a high level.

Hopefully we won't learn the hard way how valuable Will is. If we had to play a backup QB in any SEC game this year, I think we lose it.

The reason we lost against UK is the lack of a run game. We lost to Bama, because they are better than us, and we played poorly overall.

Commercecomet24
10-26-2022, 12:43 PM
I genuinely don't think our fans appreciate what Will does bring to the table in this offense.

If we are going to run this offense, Will is our guy. If we simply incorporate a run game, the offense can work at a high level.

Hopefully we won't learn the hard way how valuable Will is. If we had to play a backup QB in any SEC game this year, I think we lose it.

The reason we lost against UK is the lack of a run game. We lost to Bama, because they are better than us, and we played poorly overall.

Good post. The only real knock I have against Will is his lack of escapbility. The kid is extremely accurate, competes hard and gives us everything he's got on the field, really hard to ask more of a player. Down the road folks are gonna look back at what he did here and say, dang what a qb he was!

tcdog70
10-26-2022, 01:27 PM
Good post. The only real knock I have against Will is his lack of escapbility. The kid is extremely accurate, competes hard and gives us everything he's got on the field, really hard to ask more of a player. Down the road folks are gonna look back at what he did here and say, dang what a qb he was!

with Will-it is the same as with Fitz.. Fitz lead the SEC one year in total offense andsome of our idiot fans hated Him. Toughest SOB to ever put on the Maroon. Never fumbled and beat Ole Miss.

Jarius
10-26-2022, 01:36 PM

There is no excuse to lose to Ole Miss this year. When our OL is healthy, they can run block very well and Ole Miss can't stop a nosebleed. We should beat them to sleep. If we don't, we need to hope Leach voluntarily retires.

TrapGame
10-26-2022, 01:47 PM
There is no excuse to lose to Ole Miss this year. When our OL is healthy, they can run block very well and Ole Miss can't stop a nosebleed. We should beat them to sleep. If we don't, we need to hope Leach voluntarily retires.

The only excuse is if the dirty bastards do something to Will. If Will gets Fitzed there needs to be a bench clearing brawl.

Johnson85
10-26-2022, 01:49 PM
with Will-it is the same as with Fitz.. Fitz lead the SEC one year in total offense andsome of our idiot fans hated Him. Toughest SOB to ever put on the Maroon. Never fumbled and beat Ole Miss.

Well, I don't know how many of the fans hated Fitz, but spot on with the criticism of any QB that isn't a combination of the best parts of Joe Montana and Michael Vick. We even had some football "experts" on here criticizing Dak as "Check down Charlie" in 2015.

I also think people just assume that any Qb Leach puts in there is going to produce stats like Will does. In the PAC12 or Big12, I think that would probably be more or less true. I don't think that's true in the SEC. I am optimistic about Leach, at least on the offensive side of the ball (he appears to be able to develop OL and he attracts QBs and WRs; I think NIL is going to hurt us pretty badly on D), and I think we may have a string of QBs that look about as good as will. But I think that's going to depend on Leach doing an incredible job with recruiting and development; I don't think it would take much to go wrong for people to find out the hard way how much they should appreciate Will.

WhiskeyPirate
10-26-2022, 01:51 PM

How about if our receivers get held all night, and every time we breathe an ole miss receiver it’s PI. Throw in some bs holding calls, allow ole miss offensive line to hold all night, and then hit us with some questionable personal fouls/targeting if we look at Dart the wrong way.

That sounds about like what I’ve seen in several games this year.

FISHDAWG
10-26-2022, 02:19 PM
Herman Munster doesn?t run a spead option for a first down.

Some of you just hate Will. Always will. Doesn?t matter what he does. You just won?t like him. Multiple posters have already pointed out that on key situations he made the throws that needed to be made and the ball wasn?t caught. Just three weeks ago national media was raving about how he escaped the pocket and made a dime of a throw for a TD.
There are so many experts on here that it?s amazing they have time away from their NFL head coaching jobs to post on the Mississippi State message board.

Repped again... to be competitive takes way more than just one guy playing QB .... it takes an entire team with good coaching but the easy target is the QB

Goldendawg
10-26-2022, 02:49 PM
Reading the Commitment Tracker on Genespage, Chris Parson has not played in a month, hurt?

Jarius
10-27-2022, 09:54 AM
How about if our receivers get held all night, and every time we breathe an ole miss receiver it’s PI. Throw in some bs holding calls, allow ole miss offensive line to hold all night, and then hit us with some questionable personal fouls/targeting if we look at Dart the wrong way.

That sounds about like what I’ve seen in several games this year.

I think we had a lot of that going on against Alabama. Our head coach also went brain dead on his own 30 yard line and our receivers played like pussies all game as well. Ole Miss is going to lose enough games between now and then that they aren't going to be getting preferential treatment. They suck.

WhiskeyPirate
10-27-2022, 12:05 PM
I think we had a lot of that going on against Alabama. Our head coach also went brain dead on his own 30 yard line and our receivers played like pussies all game as well. Ole Miss is going to lose enough games between now and then that they aren't going to be getting preferential treatment. They suck.

Of,course Ole Miss will get preferential treatment at home, it just depends on to what degree. If they have four losses it might just be sorta bad.

GoDawgz
10-27-2022, 12:45 PM
It never ceases to amaze how many people trash State's players on message boards that never see practices, never see workouts or never see film sessions but yet always think that the guy next in line is better than the starter. Do you actually think that ML is sitting a player that is better than a starter that gives him a better chance to win??
The reality is the players on the team are what he has to work with. Does ML need to do better at recruiting game changers, what coach not named Saban doesn't?
There is a ways still to go in completing this season and I hope that this team is able to change the negatives that have happened so far.
8-4 is realistically right there as a possibility.
Oh and it wouldn't surprise me if Mississippi loses the next 4 down the stretch. Let the implosion begin!
Carry on.

WhiskeyPirate
10-27-2022, 12:50 PM
It never ceases to amaze how many people trash State's players on message boards that never see practices, never see workouts or never see film sessions but yet always think that the guy next in line is better than the starter. Do you actually think that ML is sitting a player that is better than a starter that gives him a better chance to win??
The reality is the players on the team are what he has to work with. Does ML need to do better at recruiting game changers, what coach not named Saban doesn't?
There is a ways still to go in completing this season and I hope that this team is able to change the negatives that have happened so far.
8-4 is realistically right there as a possibility.
Oh and it wouldn't surprise me if Mississippi loses the next 4 down the stretch. Let the implosion begin!
Carry on.

Agree with all of that except i don’t expect us to lose to ETSU or even auburn.

Of course you will have Idiots claiming if we don’t beat #1 Georgia then Leach is a horrible coach, Lol

GoDawgz
10-27-2022, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=WhiskeyPirate;1460931]Agree with all of that except i don’t expect us to lose to ETSU or even auburn.

Yeah, got off with my math a bit there.... Georgia is the only game that State will be a heavy underdog.
I just wonder IF State finishes 9-3 if anything will change.
We will see.

Homedawg
10-27-2022, 02:40 PM

We've given up the most rushes over ten yards in sec play. They Pound the football. Matter of fact they are in the middle of the pack on runs over 10. Can see we can win that one, but i'm going in thinking it's a loss with the info I have at present.

Jarius
10-27-2022, 06:55 PM
We've given up the most rushes over ten yards in sec play. They Pound the football. Matter of fact they are in the middle of the pack on runs over 10. Can see we can win that one, but i'm going in thinking it's a loss with the info I have at present.

We get our best run stopper back this week. I can definitely see us losing the game but there’s no real excuse.

Reunion Dog
10-28-2022, 01:27 AM
It?s nothing new State getting out recruited. But these receiver we have now are weak and just not very good. Give me a Fred Ross, Bear or basically any off that 2014 team. We are instantly better. And I forgot his name but #6 for us as a receiver Dan?s last year and Dumbo?s first year would run circles around these wanna be receivers we have now.

Our recruiters suck too. To lazy to go do anything on their own to make something happen with some recruits. When you only have 2 folks at leadership positions on the team? well that?s not good either. And yes I have been to many practices this year and some of the 7on7 camps we have hosted.

It?s time Cohen asks his wife if he can finally put more into recruiting. Because in two more years? it IS GONNA GET UGLY.

WhiskeyPirate
10-28-2022, 08:55 AM
It?s nothing new State getting out recruited. But these receiver we have now are weak and just not very good. Give me a Fred Ross, Bear or basically any off that 2014 team. We are instantly better. And I forgot his name but #6 for us as a receiver Dan?s last year and Dumbo?s first year would run circles around these wanna be receivers we have now.

Our recruiters suck too. To lazy to go do anything on their own to make something happen with some recruits. When you only have 2 folks at leadership positions on the team? well that?s not good either. And yes I have been to many practices this year and some of the 7on7 camps we have hosted.

It?s time Cohen asks his wife if he can finally put more into recruiting. Because in two more years? it IS GONNA GET UGLY.
Glad to see you’re on top of it. Cerebral analysis