PDA

View Full Version : Go 8-4 or get out

PikeDawg15
10-22-2022, 08:58 PM
^

1 of those 8 is required to be the egg

msu15
10-22-2022, 09:04 PM
I'd settle for 7-5 and an egg win at this point with how terrible we have looked the past two weeks, but I won't argue with you for sure. Our program is a joke right now.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-22-2022, 09:22 PM
6-6

PikeDawg15
10-22-2022, 09:26 PM
6-6

Then he goes Bye Bye

Him
Keenum
Cohen

Get them tf out of starkville and disown them all

parabrave
10-22-2022, 09:39 PM
6-6 with this "experienced" team and a weak SEC is unacceptable. And Cohen needs to join the Pirate in Key West for good.

civildawg
10-22-2022, 09:43 PM
Honestly if getting beat by ole miss this year means we can fire Cohen then count me in. I still can?t believe we let an ex baseball coach with ZERO AD experience take over an SEC program. That was such a Mississippi good ol boy hire.

BuckyIsAB****
10-22-2022, 09:44 PM
^

I am in this camp too. But this team fought their ass off tonight. Lot bigger stuff than football going on at the moment

Johnson85
10-22-2022, 10:44 PM
^

So if we finish up beating auburn, UGA, Etsu, and lose to ole miss you say fire him? That?s bold.

Goldendawg
10-22-2022, 10:46 PM
6-6

So ETU win and that's it? If so, the year is a failure.

ScoobaDawg
10-22-2022, 11:41 PM
Honestly if getting beat by ole miss this year means we can fire Cohen then count me in. I still can?t believe we let an ex baseball coach with ZERO AD experience take over an SEC program. That was such a Mississippi good ol boy hire.

But..but.
We won a Baseball NC with him as the AD...
An NC for the first time in sports history..
Doesn't he have a lifetime contract for that?

ScoobaDawg
10-22-2022, 11:41 PM
So ETU win and that's it? If so, the year is a failure.

That's where I'm at.. maybe Auburn but I don't believe it right now.

ScoobaDawg
10-22-2022, 11:43 PM
So if we finish up beating auburn, UGA, Etsu, and lose to ole miss you say fire him? That?s bold.

No way we beat UGA and lose to UM... get that out of here.

Quaoarsking
10-23-2022, 12:08 AM
No way we beat UGA and lose to UM... get that out of here.

So we can consider some hypothetical scenarios but not others?

ScoobaDawg
10-23-2022, 12:44 AM
So we can consider some hypothetical scenarios but not others?

Fine.. it could happen. because leach pulls a crazy crap out of his butt.
But he loses to UM 3 times in a row... I really don't care about any other wins.
A change is needed.
I'm not big on putting emphasis on the egg bowl. but 3 straight is just not acceptable. no matter what

Cooterpoot
10-23-2022, 07:41 AM
We should go 7-5. Problem is, one of those 7 ain't Ole Miss. if we lose to AU, I'd fire Leach after the game.

basedog
10-23-2022, 07:45 AM
7 wins is our ceiling. Lose to Auburn and the fan base will turn ugly, year 3 and 18 returning starters.

bulldawg28
10-23-2022, 07:56 AM
But he loses to UM 3 times in a row... I really don't care about any other wins.
A change is needed.
I'm not big on putting emphasis on the egg bowl. but 3 straight is just not acceptable. no matter what

We're not beating Ole Miss. Their defense is built to stop a short passing game.

PikeDawg15
10-23-2022, 09:11 AM

With the team that you have rn with the amount of junior and seniors ,

You should beat auburn who is going to fire their coach and ole miss ain?t nothing too tall to tackle.

The defense can slow down ole miss, hell they played their asses off against the heisman winner and their offense couldn?t do a ****ing thing

PikeDawg15
10-23-2022, 09:13 AM
A change is needed.

Mississippi state athletics may not give a crap about being 6-6 or 7-5 , this school may not care about being competitive in the west but This university will not accept losing to Ole Miss 3 times in a row. They just won?t.

No coach in the egg bowl rivalry , msu or OM , has ever survived losing 3 in a row, many get fired after back to back losses.

vindastra
10-23-2022, 10:09 AM

I don't get this hatred for the AD.

There are "experienced" ADs out there that sign up coaches with $100 Million guaranteed. Go figure.

IMissJack
10-23-2022, 10:59 AM
I don't get this hatred for the AD.

There are "experienced" ADs out there that sign up coaches with $100 Million guaranteed. Go figure.

If you can?t see how our football program has gone under his leadership, I don?t know what to tell you. In the SEC that is what gets it done. The past 3-4 years the internal turnover and job placements in the ath dept have been blah. Only Hobart coming back this year has helped with game day and some marketing.

Quaoarsking
10-23-2022, 11:00 AM
If you can?t see how our football program has gone under his leadership, I don?t know what to tell you. In the SEC that is what gets it done. The past 3-4 years the internal turnover and job placements in the ath dept have been blah. Only Hobart coming back this year has helped with game day and some marketing.

We are 8th in FPI in the SEC since Cohen took over as Athletic Director.

We do need better marketing for sure.

IMissJack
10-23-2022, 11:07 AM
We are 8th in FPI in the SEC since Cohen took over as Athletic Director.

We do need better marketing for sure.

Do you see us trending up or down? I do not see reasons for optimism. Recruiting is the only variable that significantly changes from year to year when you have an experienced stable staff, and I don?t see that getting better. Our whole admin seems to be happy.

Quaoarsking
10-23-2022, 11:10 AM
Do you see us trending up or down? I do not see reasons for optimism. Recruiting is the only variable that significantly changes from year to year when you have an experienced stable staff, and I don?t see that getting better. Our whole admin seems to be happy.

Slightly up from the Moorhead Era, but not as fast as I want.

I want us to be better than we are, but I think we beat Auburn and hope we can at least split the Georgia and Ole Miss games to get to 8-4, which is an improvement on last year.

BrunswickDawg
10-23-2022, 11:25 AM
Slightly up from the Moorhead Era, but not as fast as I want.

I want us to be better than we are, but I think we beat Auburn and hope we can at least split the Georgia and Ole Miss games to get to 8-4, which is an improvement on last year.

Something impacting recruiting is the lack of highly rated MS recruits. There hasn't been a 5 star from MS since the 2019 class (which had Nakobe Dean, Charles Cross and Jarrion Ealy). MS isn't producing the talent it was in the 2010s.

bulldawg28
10-23-2022, 11:31 AM
Something impacting recruiting is the lack of highly rated MS recruits. There hasn't been a 5 star from MS since the 2019 class (which had Nakobe Dean, Charles Cross and Jarrion Ealy). MS isn't producing the talent it was in the 2010s.

We don't have to rely on high school kids alone. The portal us our friend if we'll use it.

BrunswickDawg
10-23-2022, 11:37 AM
We don't have to rely on high school kids alone. The portal us our friend if we'll use it.

But we aren't going to get a whole class in the portal. High school will always be our base.

Quaoarsking
10-23-2022, 11:54 AM

Yes, we need to do that more. There have to be plenty of players out there who would want to play and contribute in the SEC.

Goldendawg
10-23-2022, 04:54 PM
With the team that you have rn with the amount of junior and seniors ,

You should beat auburn who is going to fire their coach and ole miss ain?t nothing too tall to tackle.

The defense can slow down ole miss, hell they played their asses off against the heisman winner and their offense couldn?t do a ****ing thing

Many of our 18 returning Jr's and Sr's would be at best be backups on other SEC West teams. Therein lies much of the problem.

Goldendawg
10-23-2022, 04:57 PM

Hey, he's getting on the job training. Give it 5 more years.*****

parabrave
10-23-2022, 05:02 PM

We need to hit Louisiana more. Remember when we got slot of kids from Georgia. Then Merld started getting Louisiana hard? We need to start again esp in the river parishes.

TrapGame
10-23-2022, 05:10 PM
6-6 and Leach should be heavily encouraged to retire. That's unacceptable in year three with this much experience returning. Cohen should be on the chopping block too. It's time to go in a different direction.

PikeDawg15
10-23-2022, 06:50 PM
6-6 and Leach should be heavily encouraged to retire. That's unacceptable in year three with this much experience returning. Cohen should be on the chopping block too. It's time to go in a different direction.

I?m praying this team uses this bye week to get healthy . Offensive staff changes some things up with their play calling ?.. throwing the ball twice with 1 yard to go is absurd.

It?s not much to ask to go 8-4 this year and beat auburn and ole miss.

Ole Miss?s defense doesn?t have Sam Williams and the pass rushers they had last season.

We have to win that game this year. No excuses.

PikeDawg15
10-23-2022, 06:52 PM
We need to hit Louisiana more. Remember when we got slot of kids from Georgia. Then Merld started getting Louisiana hard? We need to start again esp in the river parishes.

We have been trying but A&M , Texas , and bama are creeping into Louisiana and taking a lot of the recruits that LSU has always had for themselves . For example , we would have normally got nabers but because Alabama came in and took the 5 star receiver they wanted, LSU came in and took the 4star Nabors who 10 years ago , we woulda got