PDA

View Full Version : Baseball score

BuckyIsAB****
10-22-2022, 01:20 PM
Does anybody know the baseball score from last night vs Bama? State posted a Hancock home run highlight but nothing else

HoopsDawg
10-22-2022, 01:27 PM
Game 1: 7-3 Alabama
Game 2: 4-0 MSU

BuckyIsAB****
10-22-2022, 01:33 PM
Thanks man

Goldendawg
10-22-2022, 01:59 PM
Thanks man

Free articles on both games on genespage. Hail State!

HoopsDawg
10-22-2022, 02:21 PM
My lineup:

1. Larry, 2B
2. Ledbetter, CF
3. Hines, 1B
4. Hancock, C
5. Alford, 3B
6. Clark, RF
7. Jordan, LF
8. Hujsak, DH
9. Mershon, SS

BuckyIsAB****
10-22-2022, 02:33 PM
My lineup:

1. Larry, 2B
2. Ledbetter, CF
3. Hines, 1B
4. Hancock, C
5. Alford, 3B
6. Clark, RF
7. Jordan, LF
8. Hujsak, DH
9. Mershon, SS

Anybody but that dude we used as a DH and pinch hitter last year. The bigger dude

The Federalist Engineer
10-24-2022, 11:01 AM
Looking at the box score and outcome, you really can't say much right now - is the team drastically better, no telling.

We will know what we really have by March 5, 2023. That's after 3 games with Arizona State, Trustmark vs USM, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Cal-Berkeley.

(1) Cinjitne was the Friday night guy, rough start with walks. But when was the last time MSU had a Freshman Friday night guy. Cade is the Friday guy by SEC play, but maybe they wait until the weather is better to start Cade again.
(2) Gartman was the Saturday guy, threw a combined no-hitter.
(3) Stinnett struck out the side in relief.
(4) Holcombe struck out 2, but walked a guy, then hit a guy, but got out of his inning, no damage
(5) Texas transfer, Aaron Nixon had a rough outing. The game was 4-3 late, then became 7-3.
(6) Alabama got 7 hits on the weekend, 6 were on Cinjitne and the Nixon.
(7) Coach 34 is not going to like this, but MSU used a 5-8 165 lb athlete as DH in Game-1.
(8) Kellum Clark and Aaron Downs, two big lads did not play. Downs is a long-term injury I gather from another post.
(9) Nate Dohm was used in relief, would be good to know his MPH. Is he really 98/99 MPH?

Personally feels like the 2016 preseason to me. The 2016 season was ultimately successful with an SEC Championship and Super Regional but fans had no clue about the team until they won a series in Nashville. After that big weekend at Vandy, D1 Baseball wrote an article saying that MSU was Elite, then it became safe to have hope.

AlSwearengen
10-24-2022, 05:20 PM
Just throwing out a somewhat educated guess, I think we can have a decent lineup when we get Larry and Hines back. Pitching wise, it sounds like potential is there but a few of the guys are a little spotty with their command and we are going to need some folks to improve. It sounds like Nixon has gotten hit around a good bit during Fall, which is dissapointing.

We can finish 5th in the west and still be a pretty good team. We just need to get back to post season. A super regional will make me ecstatic.

What is the word on Mershon?