PDA

View Full Version : So.. you are coach today, what?s your game plan?

Bdawg
10-22-2022, 12:19 PM
Offense: I say we have to try to run a little more to keep the pass rushers honest. I want to see some RB screens to Woody(not just tunnel screens). Will has to take some chances when sees man to man and throw it deep to RaRa and Ducking and hope the big receivers come up for big for you. Can?t be scared of throwing a pick. I want to at least make a showing today.

Defense: We have to get our man card back. We got pushed around last week. I don?t want us to look intimidated today and come out hitting somebody. I?m tired of us blitzing and not getting home. It just kills us on the back end when we do because we put safeties on great slot guys(this has to stop and it?s Arnette?s job to figure it out. Also it seemed our blitzes against the run on KY put our LBs out of position(plus the tackling was weak as hell too). Let?s just play with some intensity!!

PikeDawg15
10-22-2022, 12:22 PM
Mike Leach gets paid 5.5 million dollars per year to coach football. Hopefully he can have a good gameplan.

Bdawg
10-22-2022, 12:26 PM
Ha. I’m afraid he doesn’t like to deviate from the plan too much

EdwardDrayton
10-22-2022, 12:27 PM
Sunglasses
Coffee
Lawn chair
Something good to eat
Bloody Marys
A good TV setup

I mean might as well because nothing else I could coach would affect the outcome today.

Bdawg
10-22-2022, 12:33 PM
Man just trying to see what’s on people’s mind and what they would like to see today. I know it’s an almost impossible task but…. Just sparking some convo

EdwardDrayton
10-22-2022, 12:45 PM
Man just trying to see what’s on people’s mind and what they would like to see today. I know it’s an almost impossible task but…. Just sparking some convo

Sorry Bdawg. No intent of trying to kill the discussion. Just the first time in a long time I have felt it is indeed an almost impossible task. So thought Leach might as well enjoy some of the things he said he would bring to a game.

msstate7
10-22-2022, 12:52 PM
Call in sick. Say I'm having Covid symptoms

parabrave
10-22-2022, 12:53 PM
No Johnson hurts. So that means QB Draws, Trap runs for Price and Marks. Have to keep someone in to help block, not whiff, but block and WR is going to have to Roll out. WR is going to have to extend the field to at least open up the 10m -15 yard passes. But since we don't do none of that pray that Forbes has 4-5 pick sixes.

Homedawg
10-22-2022, 12:56 PM
No Johnson hurts. So that means QB Draws, Trap runs for Price and Marks. Have to keep someone in to help block, not whiff, but block and WR is going to have to Roll out. WR is going to have to extend the field to at least open up the 10m -15 yard passes. But since we don't do none of that pray that Emerson has 4-5 pick sixes.
We do now of that correct. And Emerson is in the nfl. But your choices will equal the success we are going to have tonight. And crazily I think we are going to play Georgia close. But tonight is going to be ugly. Very.

HoopsDawg
10-22-2022, 01:01 PM
Mike Leach gets paid 5.5 million dollars per year to coach football. Hopefully he can have a good gameplan.

Leach doesn't game plan

Maverick91
10-22-2022, 01:11 PM
This is the type of thread we need, good stuff!

Yeah, it is obviously an up hill climb today, but it can be done. Bama is not their usual self and State is taking the steps forward that they need to take, they just have to be consistent.

I honestly don?t think there is much of a different game-plan that needs to change offensively. We have lost this year due to lack of execution by our players. That is it on the offensive side. That rides on Will, Will has to make the correct reads which he is capable of doing if he doesnt get in his head.

Defensively: I really want to see banks playing slot, if I see Duncan covering someone in the slot I will always think that ball is going to be thrown and caught by that receiver.

So, I will keep saying it. If we come out and play focused, sound football. Catch the balls you are supposed to catch, tackle well, don?t be out of position and don?t commit stupid penalties. I havent seen anything from this team when we play like that, that we cannot make this a game. And if a few balls bounce our way we might win. Again bama hasn?t done anything all year that scares me. But the team just has to show freaking up!

Maroonthirteen
10-22-2022, 01:12 PM
Me? Offense, play conservative. Run run run to burn the clock. Shorten the game. However I fully expect us to throw every down and hope for a big play. Alabamas DBs looked average v UT.

Defense: play conservative and they'll get 5 yards a carry. However that shortens the game. I expect Arnett to gamble big and blitz and blitz.

Vandownbytheriver
10-22-2022, 01:14 PM
Try not to get anyone hurt. Play for the rest of the season. No way in hell we can beat Bama, their fans, the refs and the SEC offices. If it's close they are not going to let Bama lose to lowly Mississippi State.

parabrave
10-22-2022, 01:18 PM
Me? Offense, play conservative. Run run run to burn the clock. Shorten the game. However I fully expect us to throw every down and hope for a big play. Alabamas DBs looked average v UT.

Defense: play conservative and they'll get 5 yards a carry. However that shortens the game. I expect Arnett to gamble big and blitz and blitz.

And hopefully Bama plays like Clemson and turns the ball over 3 times.

Bdawg
10-22-2022, 01:45 PM
And hopefully Bama plays like Clemson and turns the ball over 3 times.

It will be a must. And for us to not commit dumb penalties like Syracuse just did to give Clemson life.

Ranchdawg
10-22-2022, 02:59 PM
3rd down and punt

Dawgology
10-22-2022, 03:05 PM
I would tell Will don?t throw a pass under 20 yards. He needs to get used to pushing the ball down the field. It doesn?t matter if it an INT or incomplete. It is what it is.

Goldendawg
10-22-2022, 03:10 PM
This is the type of thread we need, good stuff!

Yeah, it is obviously an up hill climb today, but it can be done. Bama is not their usual self and State is taking the steps forward that they need to take, they just have to be consistent.

I honestly don?t think there is much of a different game-plan that needs to change offensively. We have lost this year due to lack of execution by our players. That is it on the offensive side. That rides on Will, Will has to make the correct reads which he is capable of doing if he doesnt get in his head.

Defensively: I really want to see banks playing slot, if I see Duncan covering someone in the slot I will always think that ball is going to be thrown and caught by that receiver.

So, I will keep saying it. If we come out and play focused, sound football. Catch the balls you are supposed to catch, tackle well, don?t be out of position and don?t commit stupid penalties. I havent seen anything from this team when we play like that, that we cannot make this a game. And if a few balls bounce our way we might win. Again bama hasn?t done anything all year that scares me. But the team just has to show freaking up!

So, if we play a perfect game we have a chance?**

Maverick91
10-22-2022, 03:14 PM
So, if we play a perfect game we have a chance?**

Umm, no! Just play a competent game. Perfect is no penalties, no dropped passes etc.

Mjoelner34
10-22-2022, 03:16 PM
Either run 5 wide or keep a back in to block which should prevent us from throwing unnecessary premature 2yard check downs again and again.

Goldendawg
10-22-2022, 03:39 PM
My game plan against bama under these circumstances. Enjoy my $5.5 annual salary and know Key West is a day closer.** I hope I am proved wrong asap!

schddog72
10-22-2022, 07:41 PM
Offense: I say we have to try to run a little more to keep the pass rushers honest. I want to see some RB screens to Woody(not just tunnel screens). Will has to take some chances when sees man to man and throw it deep to RaRa and Ducking and hope the big receivers come up for big for you. Can?t be scared of throwing a pick. I want to at least make a showing today.

Defense: We have to get our man card back. We got pushed around last week. I don?t want us to look intimidated today and come out hitting somebody. I?m tired of us blitzing and not getting home. It just kills us on the back end when we do because we put safeties on great slot guys(this has to stop and it?s Arnette?s job to figure it out. Also it seemed our blitzes against the run on KY put our LBs out of position(plus the tackling was weak as hell too). Let?s just play with some intensity!!

Arrange for the equipment truck to catch on fire and burn to the axles somewhere on Hwy 82 just east of Columbus.