Coach34
11-26-2013, 12:44 PM
interesting with us throwing a true freshmen 3rd stringer to da wolves

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
11-26-2013, 12:50 PM
interesting with us throwing a true freshmen 3rd stringer to da wolves

You mean da bears.

I expected -6 or 7 myself.

If we're in a 3 point game, thank goodness our field goal kicking is so clutch.**

CJDAWG85
11-26-2013, 01:01 PM
I smell public trap

scottycameron
11-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Hate to brag but I called -3 Sunday. This ain't hard.

Jack Lambert
11-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Maybe Vegas has some inside info we don't know about. If Dak was going to be our starter would they still be favorite?

thunderclap
11-26-2013, 01:21 PM
This line bodes well for us.

spiritual_machine2005
11-26-2013, 01:22 PM
I thought they would be favored by a touchdown or more since all signs point to Dak being out. Strange that it is just -3. Maybe our home field is helping us and their Mizzou lost really hurt their national perception. I rewatched the Mizzoo/UM game, and the score really doesn't show just how much Mizzou dominated them from start to finish.

Pollodawg
11-26-2013, 01:32 PM
I thought they would be favored by a touchdown or more since all signs point to Dak being out. Strange that it is just -3. Maybe our home field is helping us and their Mizzou lost really hurt their national perception. I rewatched the Mizzoo/UM game, and the score really doesn't show just how much Mizzou dominated them from start to finish.

They try to tell people that they gave Bama a good game too. No, they didn't. If you watch that game, you know the second half was entirely Bama's, and the Tide never checked up. At no point where they ever as close to making it a game as we were.

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2013, 01:49 PM
What confuses me about this line is the over/under, not the spread.

With 52 over under, and OM being -3, Vegas thinks the final score will be something like 27-24, which is very interesting to me.

Here is why:

1. I truly believe we would be favored if Vegas knew Dak was going to play.

2. We are at home, at night, in an emotional game, where two weeks ago, under similar circumstances, we held Bama to 20 points.

3. They really expect us to score 24 points with a true freshman QB?

My thought is that, if we score 24 points, we are going to win the game because we will, no doubt, try to pound the football.

It's just an interesting spread and over/under. Not sure what to completely make of it.

HancockCountyDog
11-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Guys we are winning this game. Enjoy your Thanksgiving - we are winning this game.

MarketingBully01
11-26-2013, 01:58 PM
I think we will win this game because Ole Miss has not beat us in Starkville since 2003. The home team always makes it tough in this game. Heck, if they didn't beat us in 2009 with the team they had then they certainly won't win this year. I still think it's a close game. I am picking 31-28 with a finish like the 2001 game. Really, what does Ole Miss have to play for? We have everything to play for. We should come out like we did against Alabama on defense and we should have a very Relf like game plan for Williams.

hometowndawg
11-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Why do people still think Dak is going to play. I heard it from the horses mouth itself, "Dak will not play in the egg bowl"

Check all the MSU media's articles and tweets

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Why do people still think Dak is going to play. I heard it from the horses mouth itself, "Dak will not play in the egg bowl"

Check all the MSU media's articles and tweets

Don't look at their tweets and articles, because in the actual interviews and press conferences Dan's actual quotes are very controversial about what he was actually saying.

Again, I am not expecting Dak to play, but Dan hasn't been clear about it, no matter what the media's tweets and articles said. I listened to the same things they did, and what Dan said, wasn't black and white clear.

I'll put it this way, if Dak plays Thursday night, the media cannot call Dan a liar.

ED_Walk_On
11-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Dan hasn't been clear about it

He said that Dak isn't playing until at least a bowl game. Then he confirmed that the egg bowl was not the bowl game he was speaking of. Damian Williams is listed as the starter on the depth chart with Cowart at #2. If Dak starts, it's a straight up lie by Dan, and I'm all for it if it happens. But don't act like Dan hasn't stated that Dak isn't playing.

UMCDawg16
11-26-2013, 02:39 PM
I hope Dan is lying. Please lie Dan.

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2013, 02:40 PM
He said that Dak isn't playing until at least a bowl game. Then he confirmed that the egg bowl was not the bowl game he was speaking of. Damian Williams is listed as the starter on the depth chart with Cowart at #2. If Dak starts, it's a straight up lie by Dan, and I'm all for it if it happens. But don't act like Dan hasn't stated that Dak isn't playing.

He didn't exactly say it that way, and he was even more vague on Dawgs Talk last night.

quickstrike2
11-26-2013, 02:41 PM
I am a little surprised that its just 3, especially with a freshman qb in his first start. I don't want to think to much into the meaning of that line. I don't expect Dak to play, but Mullen has been a little coy when talking about it. Wishful thinking probably has got all us reading to much into the "he won't play till the bowl game" line. I really hope CDM was being clever and the real meaning behind that is the "Egg Bowl" but i doubt it is.

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2013, 02:52 PM
I am a little surprised that its just 3, especially with a freshman qb in his first start. I don't want to think to much into the meaning of that line. I don't expect Dak to play, but Mullen has been a little coy when talking about it. Wishful thinking probably has got all us reading to much into the "he won't play till the bowl game" line. I really hope CDM was being clever and the real meaning behind that is the "Egg Bowl" but i doubt it is.

Completely agree. I personally don't think Mullen is even remotely smart enough to be this clever, and I seriously doubt he plays as well. However, that doesn't change the fact that he has been really weird in the way he has handled this situation this week, and has yet to conclusively say that Dak won't play in this game.

AROB44
11-26-2013, 03:47 PM
Completely agree. I personally don't think Mullen is even remotely smart enough to be this clever, and I seriously doubt he plays as well. However, that doesn't change the fact that he has been really weird in the way he has handled this situation this week, and has yet to conclusively say that Dak won't play in this game.

Why do people think Mullen is dumb? Is it because he doesn't call the plays they would in a game or play the personnel they would? I just don't think he comes accross as dumb. But.....maybe I am dumb and therefore, cann't recognize dumb.

quickstrike2
11-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Why do people think Mullen is dumb? Is it because he doesn't call the plays they would in a game or play the personnel they would? I just don't think he comes accross as dumb. But.....maybe I am dumb and therefore, cann't recognize dumb.

I don't think he is dumb. I'm in the Mullen camp, but do disagree with some of his personnel decisions. I would lean more him possibly being stubborn instead of dumb.

AROB44
11-26-2013, 04:07 PM
I don't think he is dumb. I'm in the Mullen camp, but do disagree with some of his personnel decisions. I would lean more him possibly being stubborn instead of dumb.

I can agree with this. But....name me a coach at this level that is not. Never had one here that wasn't.

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2013, 04:07 PM

I didn't say that he dumb. I am a Mullen supporter. However, it will very much surprise me if it turns out that he actually formulated a plan to say. "Dak could play in the bowl game.", and it mean the Egg Bowl instead of the more common bowl. I don't think Dan is dumb, but this would be on a different level.

Dan does like to outsmart people though.

quickstrike2
11-26-2013, 04:48 PM
I can agree with this. But....name me a coach at this level that is not. Never had one here that wasn't.

Well... This is true. Being stubborn is one thing, but being stubborn and possibly losing games because of it is another. In order for us to compete at a high level in the SEC, we can't get in our own way.

preachermatt83
11-26-2013, 05:21 PM
I agree with shotgun, dan has just acted strange not to mention Why would he say Dak is out when he hasn't let the opponent know all yr what the qb situation was.