PDA

View Full Version : Huskers Talk | 𝙉𝙚𝙗𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙠𝙖 𝙎𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙨... A Sunday trip

BlackSailsDawg
10-20-2022, 08:39 PM
https://twitter.com/unnecroughness/status/1583158564343844866?s=46&t=6z8g-W_FhCvh5MhYO8gqPQ

Well Well Well............ Shopping again

TrapGame
10-20-2022, 08:42 PM
If he actually leaves ole miss for Nebraska I'm gonna die laughing.

msu15
10-20-2022, 08:42 PM
That's a step down unless they pay him Jimbo or even Saban money.

BlackSailsDawg
10-20-2022, 08:44 PM
No Idea. He may see it as a step up with less stress, OR Nebraska has had enough and willing to pay a large amount. OR it could be Kiffin's agent trying to get more money.

Commercecomet24
10-20-2022, 09:03 PM
Maybe Larry the Cable Guy writing him a big check lol!

basedog
10-20-2022, 09:42 PM
He is from Lincoln. Kiffin annual salary is a little over 7 million. As much as he has moved around nothing would surprise me. I’m not seeing this move but…….

PikeDawg15
10-20-2022, 09:43 PM
Nebraska can give him whatever he wants.

I?ve seen where Nebraska is serious about winning and will shovel out 100 million for a coach , kiffin was born in Lincoln , Nebraska .

That would be a dream scenario because he doesn?t just leave ole miss but he actually leaves the SEC west and goes to the big 10 west .

With Nebraska?s money , his recruiting ability , and his portal Savy tactics , they would be in the big 10 title game every year and be competing for a national title within 3-4 years , but kiffin just doesn?t seem like a Nebraska man but 100 million dollars will make a man do things

smootness
10-20-2022, 09:46 PM
Wait, he supposedly flew out of Oxford on a jet to go interview for another job? Lulz.

Commercecomet24
10-20-2022, 09:47 PM
Wait, he supposedly flew out of Oxford on a jet to go interview for another job? Lulz.

Sounds reasonable right? Lol

basedog
10-20-2022, 10:05 PM
I’m not buying he flew to Lincoln to interview but I bet his agent has or will be in talk. Kiffin is a hot coaching item, 47 years old and he ain’t gonna retire at Ole Dixie.

Commercecomet24
10-20-2022, 10:15 PM
I?m not buying he flew to Lincoln to interview but I bet his agent has or will be in talk. Kiffin is a hot coaching item, 47 years old and he ain?t gonna retire at Ole Dixie.

I'm guessing his agent is talking to every team with big money to spend on a coach. Yeah he ain't retiring there. I would love for him to go to Nebraska. That would be such a blow to the bears egos

BlackSailsDawg
10-20-2022, 10:17 PM
I'm guessing his agent is talking to every team with big money to spend on a coach. Yeah he ain't retiring there. I would love for him to go to Nebraska. That would be such a blow to the bears egos

I would like for him to go because I would like to see Nebraska be in the conversation again

Catfish
10-20-2022, 10:24 PM
I would like for him to go because I would like to see Nebraska be in the conversation again

Tom Osborne would too.

Homedawg
10-20-2022, 10:56 PM

Just stupid. Who believes this??

Matt3467
10-21-2022, 12:57 AM
Regardless if true or not I don't buy Nebraska being a step down. Maybe a lateral move but they actually have a winning history and I think the right coach there can win a lot of games.

msu15
10-21-2022, 01:02 AM
Regardless if true or not I don't buy Nebraska being a step down. Maybe a lateral move but they actually have a winning history and I think the right coach there can win a lot of games.

It's a step down from Ole Miss. Nebraska hasn't been relevant in 20 years.

Todd4State
10-21-2022, 01:50 AM
It's a step down from Ole Miss. Nebraska hasn't been relevant in 20 years.

Yeah. But I bet they're thinking that he can just get a bunch of guys in the portal and fix everything.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-21-2022, 05:48 AM
Sounds reasonable right? Lol
Its pretty sad that MSU fans best hope for success is that Kiffin leaves Ole Miss.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2022, 08:17 AM
Its pretty sad that MSU fans best hope for success is that Kiffin leaves Ole Miss.

Not long ago, ole Miss's only hope was for Dan Mullen to leave State. Or so all their fans thought. Cycles......

Santiago
10-21-2022, 08:29 AM
His dad coached under Osborne, so I can see the ties he would have to go back.
Have to say, that fan base shows up for games.

Saltydog
10-21-2022, 08:37 AM

Yeah they have a winning history but CFB has changed so much since they were last relevant. Their recruiting base is extremely small and they no longer have the national brand or image like they did in the 70's-90's. They'll continue to be a mid-tier team in the Big 10.

PikeDawg15
10-21-2022, 03:00 PM
Yeah they have a winning history but CFB has changed so much since they were last relevant. Their recruiting base is extremely small and they no longer have the national brand or image like they did in the 70's-90's. They'll continue to be a mid-tier team in the Big 10.

Lane wouldnt turn down 100 million from Nebraska. Nebraska is super desperate. They are going to get a big name coach that can recruit and get guys from the portal. The big 10 west is absolute garbage, he would win it year 1

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2022, 04:31 PM
Nebraska is NOT a step down from Ole Miss.

Goldendawg
10-21-2022, 06:11 PM
His dad coached under Osborne, so I can see the ties he would have to go back.
Have to say, that fan base shows up for games.

No Grove in Nebraska. Heck do they even have any trees, lots of corn!

RocketDawg
10-21-2022, 06:27 PM

I would consider it a pretty big step up, or at least it was at one time.

Santiago
10-21-2022, 06:34 PM
No Grove in Nebraska. Heck do they even have any trees, lots of corn!

He gets total fan support, though, and more media attention in the Big 10. That division would be his to own.

lastmajordog
10-21-2022, 08:56 PM
I do not see Lane leaving om. He is a VERY good coach. He is a perfect personality fit, If he needs more money it?s apparently easy to file a new class action frivolous lawsuit. More beautiful cougar's he can put in his porsche and winning 8 to 10 a year is a given now in ox besides he seems to own the DOGS......I just don?t see him leaving unfortunately. CML HAS TO WIN this year.

TUSK
10-21-2022, 09:57 PM
1. Currently, Nebraska IS NOT a more attractive job than OM. NE is in a black hole for talent, and the move to the B1G was a colossal eff up on their part.

2. OM is peeling off $7.25M for Kiffin, now. After OM wins 10 games this year, he's gonna get a raise. NE will hafta approach $10M just to get his attention, IMO.

3. Kiffin wants a "much better" gig than he currently has, and NE ain't that, AU, either.

4. I think he and Sexton will tread water 'til a legit, bigtime position opens up. (like Oklahoma, Bammer, OH St, USC, MI, Florida, A&M, UGA, LSU, Clemson, Miami, FSU, etc).

Homedawg
10-21-2022, 10:21 PM

It's not a step up either in 2022.

Homedawg
10-21-2022, 10:23 PM
1. Currently, Nebraska IS NOT a more attractive job than OM. NE is in a black hole for talent, and the move to the B1G was a colossal eff up on their part.

2. OM is peeling off $7.25M for Kiffin, now. After OM wins 10 games this year, he's gonna get a raise. NE will hafta approach $10M just to get his attention, IMO.

3. Kiffin wants a "much better" gig than he currently has, and NE ain't that, AU, either.

4. I think he and Sexton will tread water 'til a legit, bigtime position opens up. (like Oklahoma, Bammer, OH St, USC, MI, Florida, A&M, UGA, LSU, Clemson, Miami, FSU, etc).

Good post. And true. He might entertain auburn. We shall see. But it's not a jump and bail like it would have been 10-20 years ago

Westdawg
10-21-2022, 11:03 PM
Interesting?.

Bothrops
10-22-2022, 08:16 AM

Great post. Spot on

Tripp McNeely
10-22-2022, 09:14 AM
Can anyone else read page 2 of this thread? Every time I hit the button for page 2, it takes me back to the top of page 1!

Catfish
10-22-2022, 09:39 AM
Can anyone else read page 2 of this thread? Every time I hit the button for page 2, it takes me back to the top of page 1!

We're on page 2

Saltydog
10-22-2022, 10:32 AM
I was having the same issue on my iphone TMc.........Not having it on the pc though.........

StarkVegasSteve
10-22-2022, 10:45 AM
Nebraska has one advantage over OM, easier path to the playoffs. They play in a much easier division so they only have to get up for 2-4 games a year. The biggest problem that Nebraska currently has is that their administration and boosters still think it is 1997 and them and Tennessee are the only two programs on national tv every week. They have yet to evolve and realize that Lincoln is a s***hole and the only reason top talent came there was for exposure. Now you can get the same exposure at Mississippi State or Ole Miss. I say all that to bring up the point that they need to find a program builder like Leipold or even Rhule. Kiffin would be a grand slam for them, but there is a ZERO percent chance of it happening. Lane is headed in a pine box to the Plains. Lowder and Rayne will outpay Scruggs and Nutt for this one