PDA

View Full Version : Commercialatron backlash - tweet stricklin thursday

Apoplectic
11-26-2013, 12:44 PM
saw this on another board and plan to follow through on the idea. It was suggested that every time one of those damn blaring greed ads pops on the jumboturd to tweet stricklin and tell him how much it sucks. i'm a new twitterer - is it possible to send him a video also? I think i'll throw mullen and keenum in the list also?.just to keep them informed.

Apoplectic
11-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Bad idea?

preachermatt83
11-26-2013, 07:09 PM
I think tons of people are doing this

Quaoarsking
11-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Not a bad idea per se, but do you want to spend the whole game typing Tweets?

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2013, 07:12 PM
Does the cell service in the stadium work well enough to do this?

Problem is, people will abuse this and tweet him about every commercial that comes on, starting 1 hour before kick-off. I urge you, that if you choose to do this, only tweet him for legitimately bad commercial. If not, all the good tweets will lose credibility.

Just saying

Apoplectic
11-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Does the cell service in the stadium work well enough to do this?

Problem is, people will abuse this and tweet him about every commercial that comes on, starting 1 hour before kick-off. I urge you, that if you choose to do this, only tweet him for legitimately bad commercial. If not, all the good tweets will lose credibility.

Just saying

IMO every commericial during game time is a bad commercial.

AROB44
11-26-2013, 07:30 PM
Why would you tweet Mullen? He will be busy with the game. Besides, what does he have to do with ads on the jumbotron

notsofarawaydawg
11-26-2013, 07:59 PM
Did you whiny bitches not read the comments Stricklin made after the last game at home? He said, "nothing can be done this season because of the contracts for advertisements that the University had with sponsors", BUT this was going to change next year. Damn you people are just plain stupid and don't pay attention to anything except what goes with your opinion.

Apoplectic
11-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Did you whiny bitches not read the comments Stricklin made after the last game at home? He said, "nothing can be done this season because of the contracts for advertisements that the University had with sponsors", BUT this was going to change next year. Damn you people are just plain stupid and don't pay attention to anything except what goes with your opinion.

He said the same thing last year dbag! Did it change?

archdog
11-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Why not give them their money back for 1/6th this year and only use the jumbotron for pump up videos, instant replays highlighting the holding penalties when UM does the WR screens and jet sweeps and constant pump up music before every defensive stand. Just give them their damn money back. We need the best energetic atmosphere and we could easily.

11-27-2013, 09:44 AM
He said the same thing last year dbag! Did it change?

This!^

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?4288-Live-chat-with-Scott-Stricklin

1:17
Comment From Andrew
How will the in game commercials and advertisements be different this year? I saw you mention it was being addressed last week some time I think.
Scott Stricklin: Bulldog Sports Properties and our marketing staff have reduced all in-game commercials from 30 seconds to 15 seconds, effectively cutting the amount of commercial time in half on gameday. The time that is gained will be utilized to provide more interaction (music, videos, band, etc) for our fans.

Apoplectic
11-27-2013, 06:30 PM
This!^

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?4288-Live-chat-with-Scott-Stricklin

Comment From Andrew
How will the in game commercials and advertisements be different this year? I saw you mention it was being addressed last week some time I think.
Scott Stricklin: Bulldog Sports Properties and our marketing staff have reduced all in-game commercials from 30 seconds to 15 seconds, effectively cutting the amount of commercial time in half on gameday. The time that is gained will be utilized to provide more interaction (music, videos, band, etc) for our fans.

Is there anyone that agrees this has happened?