PDA

View Full Version : Thursday hype: I hate living in Bama edition

Maverick91
10-20-2022, 02:11 PM
It has been 15 years since we have tasted the sweat nectar of Bama blood and watching their sorry trunks waller home. 15 years of misery and pretty much just not looking forward to this weekends game, ineptitude on all sides of the ball is what comes to my mind, State weathered the storm of Bama glory years, now we have a proven winning coach, senior laden team, 3 year starters everywhere, and a Bama team that is really good but doesnt seem to match up with the greats of past.

I will never think we cannot win the game, is it an uphill battle? Absolutely! Will we have to actually to play 60 minutes of State football? Yep!

Do I think we can do it? Yep!

So, my hype for this week is believing that these guys woke up had a great week of practice and they saw what is still before them and finally get locked in and focused, my hype this week is that Will turns the corner in his leadership and ability to control the game no matter how big the stage is, it is his time and it has to happen. If these boys do that, Bama is open for another lose and I would love nothing more than to hand it to them.

As many have said, we should know in the first 5 minutes how this game is going to go.

HAILSTATE

MaroonFlounder
10-20-2022, 05:36 PM
I'm afraid this team will sleepwalk thru this game after the death of their teammate.

Bama in a rout.

RocketDawg
10-20-2022, 06:23 PM
It has been 15 years since we have tasted the sweat nectar of Bama blood and watching their sorry trunks waller home. 15 years of misery and pretty much just not looking forward to this weekends game, ineptitude on all sides of the ball is what comes to my mind, State weathered the storm of Bama glory years, now we have a proven winning coach, senior laden team, 3 year starters everywhere, and a Bama team that is really good but doesnt seem to match up with the greats of past.

I will never think we cannot win the game, is it an uphill battle? Absolutely! Will we have to actually to play 60 minutes of State football? Yep!

Do I think we can do it? Yep!

So, my hype for this week is believing that these guys woke up had a great week of practice and they saw what is still before them and finally get locked in and focused, my hype this week is that Will turns the corner in his leadership and ability to control the game no matter how big the stage is, it is his time and it has to happen. If these boys do that, Bama is open for another lose and I would love nothing more than to hand it to them.

As many have said, we should know in the first 5 minutes how this game is going to go.

HAILSTATE

Not so sure - maybe it's just paranoia, but it seems to me that Bama can explode and score 2 or 3 touchdowns without us or any other team hardly even knowing it. I suppose though that this weekend, we have a better chance of winning than in most recent years. Playing in Starkville would certainly help, but it should be a good game. I think.

maroonmania
10-20-2022, 06:54 PM
Seriously, if we played Bama a thousand times does anyone think we could beat them once? Its to the point where I wish we would just forfeit this game and save injuries and prepare for the next game.

Maverick91
10-20-2022, 07:38 PM
Seriously, if we played Bama a thousand times does anyone think we could beat them once? Its to the point where I wish we would just forfeit this game and save injuries and prepare for the next game.

You seriously think that if we walked in there Saturday with the team that played A&M and arky that we wouldn?t make that a game?

Commercecomet24
10-20-2022, 08:17 PM
I could be wrong I just have a feeling the kids are gonna have play their butts off and compete and make us proud. Not saying we win just saying they ain't rolling over and will keep it close.

msu15
10-20-2022, 08:43 PM
49-10 Bama

maroonmania
10-20-2022, 08:52 PM
You seriously think that if we walked in there Saturday with the team that played A&M and arky that we wouldn?t make that a game?

That really has no bearing on the situation, last year we beat TA&M on the road and still lost to Bama in Starkville 49-9.

EdwardDrayton
10-21-2022, 08:36 AM
Only way we have a shot is Bubba Wallace taking out Bryce Young on the way to the game.

Maverick91
10-21-2022, 08:51 AM
That really has no bearing on the situation, last year we beat TA&M on the road and still lost to Bama in Starkville 49-9.

You could trust a fart after eating chili more than you could that team to play at a consistently high level. This team would boat race last years not even comparable.

ScooterDog
10-21-2022, 11:36 AM
We might outplay Bama, but the Bama referees will never allow it. I doubt that I watch the game due to blood pressure concerns.

MaroonFlounder
10-21-2022, 02:10 PM
We might outplay Bama, but the Bama referees will never allow it. I doubt that I watch the game due to blood pressure concerns.

I haven't watched the Bama game in years. There is no little to no chance to win.

PikeDawg15
10-21-2022, 02:56 PM
Only way we have a shot is Bubba Wallace taking out Bryce Young on the way to the game.

I think we are going to get killed tommorow night but

If Bryce Young Breaks his leg in the 1st quarter before they score any points, We win. I would gurantee it. Bryce is the only reason they only have 1 loss.

This bama team is Quinn Ewers not getting hurt and Jimbo Fisher not being the worst coach in the sec away from 3-3.

With that being said

Bama by atleast 30.

Bothrops
10-22-2022, 05:06 AM
49-10 Bama

Yup

Gypsy_RoadDawg
10-22-2022, 10:06 AM
I just hope we make it thru the 1 QTR without self-destructing.