PDA

View Full Version : Week 8 Prediction Thread-I Just Hope Both Teams Have Fun Edition

StarkVegasSteve
10-20-2022, 11:53 AM
Well last week sucked and this week is not promising to say the least. Bama early and Bama often 41-14.

Rogers- 230 yds
Combined rush yds- 30 yds
Bryce Young TDs- 5

Coach34
10-20-2022, 12:18 PM
King Gump 44 Pegleg 9

StarkVegasSteve
10-20-2022, 12:26 PM
King Gump 44 Pegleg 9

If we get close enough to and actually make 3 FGs I might consider that a small victory

Commercecomet24
10-20-2022, 12:28 PM
If we get close enough to and actually make 3 FGs I might consider that a small victory

Naw man it's a td, xp and safety, lol.

PikeDawg15
10-20-2022, 12:32 PM
We will be anally annilated.

The Mustard Gumps : 51
Limp Leach: 13

But what I am about to say will be controversial.

This bama team isnt normal bama.

If bryce young gets sent out of the game in the 1st quarter , I would gurantee Mississippi State wins.

Bryce Young is Alabama right now. And he's that damn good to whoop our ass by himself. But without him , they aint shit.

StarkVegasSteve
10-20-2022, 12:32 PM
Naw man it's a td, xp and safety, lol.

Well since the last time we scored a TD in Bryant Denny was 2014 I will consider that a victory as well.

BlackSailsDawg
10-20-2022, 12:41 PM
Us, Not enough...

Hopefully no new injuries.

basedog
10-20-2022, 12:42 PM
45-19 Elephants running wide up

DownwardDawg
10-20-2022, 12:47 PM
52-12 Bama

parabrave
10-20-2022, 12:52 PM
42 - 3
WR 250 yds 3 picks. 16 atts less than 5 yds
The other Will 6 sacks.

Maverick91
10-20-2022, 02:52 PM
Gosh you people are agonizingly sad!

I will agree, if State comes out like we have on the road this far Bama 51-6. I will be mad I made myself watch it and then even more made that I had to wait two weeks for something to change hopefully with Auburn.

Let?s assume though we get the State that plays at home this season. Which I think is a top 10-15 team. I will take Bama 38-31.

You never know what could happen with a few opportunistic bounces.

TrapGame
10-20-2022, 02:55 PM
Them: Oh, Shit!
Us: Well, damn.

Regroup during the bye week and beat Auburn.

Commercecomet24
10-20-2022, 05:58 PM
Boys I'm going down with the ship! I believe the kids are gonna play hard Saturday with bama winning like 38-24 and pulling away late. I think the team is gonna do us proud Saturday and compete hard. I know maybe I'm just getting old and going crazy.

starkvegasdawg
10-20-2022, 06:41 PM
One huge factor is how close to even the refs call it. I'm not saying I expect it to be called fairly...let's not kid ourselves. But if it's only moderately one sided we may score a touchdown or two, but if Birmingham has decreed they need to win and win convincingly to get back up in the polls then it'll be a textbook prison gang rape.

Catfish
10-20-2022, 07:07 PM
Dawgs 38
Tide 35

Activated Alpha
10-20-2022, 07:30 PM
The Tidlings: 70

Bulldogs: 6

Will sacked: 18 times

Me throwing the F bomb at the refs while watching at the hospital: Well let?s just say I'll be called into HR with the nuns ready to cast out judgment

Coach34
10-20-2022, 09:01 PM
Dawgs 38
Tide 35

Awesome. Leach has yet to even score a TD on Saban but he is going to throw up 5 TD's Saturday. LOL

Catfish
10-20-2022, 09:02 PM
Awesome. Leach has yet to even score a TD on Saban but he is going to throw up 5 TD's Saturday. LOL

Gotta believe!

Commercecomet24
10-20-2022, 09:10 PM

You're killing the vibe coach,lol!

Coach34
10-20-2022, 09:29 PM
The line should be 30. We dont like physical football. They play physical. And their QB and WR's are pretty good.

parabrave
10-20-2022, 09:54 PM
The line should be 30. We dont like physical football. They play physical. And their QB and WR's are pretty good.

Add in a very very mobile QB who will make plays. And CC we can have team full of Rudys but hell we couldn't even beat a team of Gimps last week. Regarding the Aflac thread I hope Will has bought plenty of it cause he is gonna need it.

bulldawg28
10-21-2022, 02:46 AM
If Bama plays man and Will isn't a chicken seeing ghosts we'll score points. Bama just isn't that elite guys. Bryce doesn't want to get hit and Bama is going to protect him by encouraging him to stay in the pocket and not run. They have possession WR's all over the field. Our CB's will be fine. The problem becomes playing safeties on slot WR's which I still don't understand with this defense. Arnett blitzes too much to create his own mismatch by safeties on WR's. If he ever plugged a 3rd corner for the slot WR this defense would be really really good.

Commercecomet24
10-21-2022, 08:54 AM
If Bama plays man and Will isn't a chicken seeing ghosts we'll score points. Bama just isn't that elite guys. Bryce doesn't want to get hit and Bama is going to protect him by encouraging him to stay in the pocket and not run. They have possession WR's all over the field. Our CB's will be fine. The problem becomes playing safeties on slot WR's which I still don't understand with this defense. Arnett blitzes too much to create his own mismatch by safeties on WR's. If he ever plugged a 3rd corner for the slot WR this defense would be really really good.

Man that's a great assessment on all counts! And the thing that bothers me is we have the guys that can play the slot corner. You just can't play a safety on a slot receiver at any level.

msudawg1200
10-21-2022, 09:19 AM
State 6
Bama 3

Maverick91
10-21-2022, 09:19 AM

Best comment thus far, yeah I have no understanding as to why Banks doesnt see the field in slot. Heck they dont have a bruiser at running back this year, I would just come out with all corners covering maybe have green in back. That gives you the speed to get Gibbs on the outside and cover the WR.

I just want this stupid win so stupid bad!

Tater
10-21-2022, 09:46 AM
State 49
Bama 31

Tide score two TDs late in a game that wasn't that close.

So what if it's 10 am on Friday, I'm off work and started drinking for the game early. Hail State

bulldawg28
10-21-2022, 09:51 AM
Man that's a great assessment on all counts! And the thing that bothers me is we have the guys that could play that slot corner position. You just can't play a safety on a slot receiver at any level.

Indeed, it's crazy.

bulldawg28
10-21-2022, 09:52 AM
Best comment thus far, yeah I have no understanding as to why Banks doesnt see the field in slot. Heck they dont have a bruiser at running back this year, I would just come out with all corners covering maybe have green in back. That gives you the speed to get Gibbs on the outside and cover the WR.

I just want this stupid win so stupid bad!

Banks should have been placed in the game last week with all of the holding penalties.

Duckdog
10-21-2022, 10:11 AM
State 21
Gumps 10

Bama players rush the stands and punch college aged gals repeatedly. Saban has a stroke on the field. End of the Bama domination

PMDawg
10-21-2022, 11:42 AM
Banks should have been placed in the game last week with all of the holding penalties.

Richardson was about as bad as you can be at SEC CB last week.

Tater
10-21-2022, 11:56 AM

Didn't matter what he did. We teach pressing at the line. Officials were throwing the flag on that but not the other way around. Wouldn't have made a difference for a different player. And likely we'll run into the same bs this week.

mparkerfd20
10-21-2022, 12:44 PM
58-0 Gumps

hopemsu
10-21-2022, 02:57 PM
42-17

never really a close game, but somehow our offense looks "busy" running 81 plays, gaining 320 yards.

NCDawg
10-21-2022, 03:10 PM
I don't think our DL is strong enough to put pressure on Young, and he will kill us passing. We can't even seem to put very much pressure on the QB when we blitz. I think that will primarily be the difference in the game.

PGHBulldogBG
10-21-2022, 03:28 PM
I do not really have a score prediction but I have an elitedawgs prediction. One of two things happen. We win and the entire board starts to love Leach again and people start talking about winning the west or we lose and we will have even more traffic of people saying how Leachs offense will never work and he is a bad fit and we will go 6-6.

Maverick91
10-21-2022, 03:50 PM
I do not really have a score prediction but I have an elitedawgs prediction. One of two things happen. We win and the entire board starts to love Leach again and people start talking about winning the west or we lose and we will have even more traffic of people saying how Leachs offense will never work and he is a bad fit and we will go 6-6.

This is a bet i will take all day long! Lol

I?m calling it, we will win out and pissville U will lose to LSU and someone else. The west is settled in oxfart on thanksgiving night with Leach getting the one that matters the most. We go to Atlanta.

Commercecomet24
10-21-2022, 03:58 PM

We have become some what of a broken record depending on if we win or lose. If we lose we're never winning another game. If we win we're going to atlanta. As the old saying goes nothing is ever as good or as bad as it seems.

bulldawg28
10-21-2022, 04:10 PM

He was really bad lady week. It was a bad match-up for him.

NCDawg
10-21-2022, 04:10 PM
We have become some what of a broken record depending on if we win or lose. If we lose we're never winning another game. If we win we're going to atlanta. As the old saying goes nothing is ever as good or as bad as it seems.

I think we've seen our one and only Atlanta visit in '98, at least for any time in the near future. Hope I'm wrong.

EdwardDrayton
10-21-2022, 05:01 PM

A win would just further solidify that we are about as inconsistent as a team could get. And we likely would experience another similar LSU/KY loss that would swing the seesaw back down again.

Goldendawg
10-21-2022, 05:57 PM

May be his scheme or lack of talent, but our safety play against the pass has been very poor for the last 3 years.

Maroonthirteen
10-21-2022, 06:16 PM
of people saying how Leachs offense will never work and he is a bad fit and we will go 6-6.

If the Air raid lays a goose egg or even less than 10, the critics will be harsh. That's not just State fans, SEC network, every analyst. It's time for this offense to show more.

BulldogBear
10-21-2022, 06:19 PM
I don't care score is so long as we take 8-10 shots downfield

parabrave
10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
I don't care score is so long as we take 8-10 shots downfield

This is the main thing we need to see tomorrow. Will is going to have to push it downfield no matter the consequences to have any chance at all, That means he will have to scramble because Bama will be bringing a whole lot of hurt.

NCDawg
10-21-2022, 07:25 PM
I think we miss Polk more than just about anybody. He was a reliable W/R.

parabrave
10-21-2022, 10:09 PM
I think we miss Polk more than just about anybody. He was a reliable W/R.

Ducking is reliable plus with his size he is very good at going up for contested balls as he has already shown.

bulldawg28
10-22-2022, 05:11 AM
May be his scheme or lack of talent, but our safety play against the pass has been very poor for the last 3 years.

Arnett asks them to play man against WR's. It's too much.

Bothrops
10-22-2022, 05:27 AM
Rogers will have 2 picks, one pick six. Bama runs and passes so easily they will be able to do either at will. Saban tries to call off the cannibals in the 4th, to no avail. 52-6

Bdawg
10-22-2022, 08:06 AM
Arnett asks them to play man against WR's. It's too much.

And sometimes it will be against one the opponents best receivers. It just makes no sense to me. Now I’m sure you don’t want to sub in Banks every time you go man on an all out blitz, because that would just be telegraphing. But he has to do something to not get caught with a safety one on one against their best WR.

bulldawg28
10-22-2022, 04:43 PM
And sometimes it will be against one the opponents best receivers. It just makes no sense to me. Now I’m sure you don’t want to sub in Banks every time you go man on an all out blitz, because that would just be telegraphing. But he has to do something to not get caught with a safety one on one against their best WR.

I agree.