PDA

View Full Version : SEC ranking recruit budget and NIL money by team

WhiskeyPirate
10-19-2022, 12:57 PM
It would be interesting to look at this. I will add some information as I find it, if others could add numbers and ranks I?d appreciate it.

I think the old days of overcoming the odds by recruiting pitch and a handshake are gone. Schematics and coaching while still the difference maker in evenly matched teams, is going to decrease in importance for the have nots.

WhiskeyPirate
10-19-2022, 01:52 PM
Forbes gets 500k, Will 400k, dollar Bill 175 k, Watson 150 K . Ole Miss has 13 guys making over 130k, 17 making 58k and above.

D cam and Ra ra get 35 k each

I’m scared to look at LSU, Georgia and Bama. This is off of on3 if I’m reading it right.

BlackSailsDawg
10-19-2022, 01:56 PM
Forbes gets 500k, Will 400k, dollar Bill 175 k, Watson 150 K . Ole Miss has 13 guys making over 130k, 17 making 58k and above.

I’m scared to look at LSU, Georgia and Bama. This is off of on3 if I’m reading it right.

We need to recruit the 4 stars for a little and hit the portal larger for plug and play.

WhiskeyPirate
10-19-2022, 01:58 PM
Nfl practice squad is paid week to week and it is not guaranteed money. If you are cut from 2-3 practice squads which is common, you are out of football. 14-19k a week is the salary and teams get 16 players per practice squad. That is not a safety net for any thinking person.

If we can come up with nil money, most of the players who are unlikely to be drafted will return excluding Forbes and wheat. Unless some team outbids us and they go in the portal.

BrunswickDawg
10-19-2022, 02:00 PM

on3's NIL value is not a reflection of what they are making - https://www.on3.com/nil/news/about-on3-nil-valuation-per-post-value/

WhiskeyPirate
10-19-2022, 02:02 PM
on3's NIL value is not a reflection of what they are making - https://www.on3.com/nil/news/about-on3-nil-valuation-per-post-value/

Thanks, I may not be reading it correctly, any info is appreciated. I think some general ideas can be gleaned though, we pay Forbes, will, bubba and dollar the most. Also you can see who ole miss is paying to get to Oxford.

It’s probably a bit of a grey area, I’m going to keep looking into it and comparing teams.

BlackSailsDawg
10-19-2022, 02:11 PM
JSU has a QB making 1.3 Million. 2 other players make 635K and 515K

Their QB is ranked #7 in NIL!

An issue for the future... Drew Sanders is making MORE than KJ. WAY more. Sanders is pushing a mil, 875K ABout 300K more than KJ. Who is more important to that team?

PikeDawg15
10-19-2022, 02:26 PM
I dont know how it can be fixed but cant sort of a salary cap come into play? I know that under the table shit will still happen but itll make it harder to do.

Can each team only be allowed to have 1 million dollars of total NIL collection from the entire team happen? So that could create a situation to where its similar to SMU having each player make 50k per year?

PikeDawg15
10-19-2022, 02:27 PM

An issue for the future... Drew Sanders is making MORE than KJ. WAY more. Sanders is pushing a mil, 875K ABout 300K more than KJ. Who is more important to that team?

Barstool sports is helping Jackson State massively because Deion works there from time to time.

Barstool is the one who paid the #1 recruit to flip to Jackson state. Paid him a million dollars.

If Deion ever got to a power 5 school he would change their recruiting drastically.

If Georgia Tech got deion, Clemson and Georgia would shit their pants.

Catfish
10-19-2022, 03:13 PM
There was cheating going on before NIL, there will be cheating going on during NIL, there will be cheating going on after NIL. Too much money involved for the trophy.

Commercecomet24
10-19-2022, 03:46 PM

Right, I've got 2 of my former players on the roster and they have a pretty sweet deal. They're doing just fine and happy as they can be and both were flipped from other sec schools because we outbid them. I'm not saying we have AM money, but we seem to have picked up a little steam with nil and it's getting better. Let's hope so anyway.

Goldendawg
10-19-2022, 04:01 PM
How can this not cause present or future locker room issues among 18 to 24 year old "Student athletes"? What a balancing act for coaches, athletic department, and the University. Do some of these players actually carry the deal with them if they transfer? Is this open records and is the IRS now involved?

WhiskeyPirate
10-19-2022, 05:47 PM

Unbelievable, this how Arkansas bought a free agent lb/edge in the off season for a million. hogs have lots of money I’m sure they will buy a few safeties for next year. This is just like nfl free agency.

This crap has to be regulated.

Catfish
10-19-2022, 06:24 PM
Unbelievable, this how Arkansas bought a free agent lb/edge in the off season for a million. hogs have lots of money I’m sure they will buy a few safeties for next year. This is just like nfl free agency.

Don't think we want that. The only schools they'll regulate will be us and schools like us.

drummerdawg
10-19-2022, 08:06 PM
A college draft would solve most of these issues. Kids could still get NIL deals, but nobody would have to pay players to come play for their team. Let kids be traded if they want to leave. That way the current school gets something in return. Then put a salary cap on coaches and college football would be damn near perfect.

Coaches and players wouldn't bounce around and nobody would have to worry about being behind in NIL money.

WPS
10-20-2022, 01:38 PM
Unbelievable, this how Arkansas bought a free agent lb/edge in the off season for a million. hogs have lots of money I?m sure they will buy a few safeties for next year. This is just like nfl free agency.

Most Arkansas fans still wish we would put more toward football like we seem to be doing with basketball though. Arkansas' football NIL is pretty tame compared to what most of the blue blood programs are paying or will start doing.

WhiskeyPirate
10-20-2022, 01:47 PM
Most Arkansas fans still wish we would put more toward football like we seem to be doing with basketball though. Arkansas' football NIL is pretty tame compared to what most of the blue blood programs are paying or will start doing.

Arkansas is very wealthy though with Walmart and Tyson. They can put about as much money into NIL as they want. They have a ton of wealthy boosters, Jim Lindsey, Jerry Jones etc...

WPS
10-21-2022, 11:32 AM
Arkansas is very wealthy though with Walmart and Tyson. They can put about as much money into NIL as they want. They have a ton of wealthy boosters, Jim Lindsey, Jerry Jones etc...

True but so far Jerry Jones hasn't done anything, Walmart doesn't care about athletics and Tyson donates to facilities but not much else. The JB Hunt family is the only one supporting big time for NIL and it's 100% basketball.

Commercecomet24
10-21-2022, 11:40 AM
True but so far Jerry Jones hasn't done anything, Walmart doesn't care about athletics and Tyson donates to facilities but not much else. The JB Hunt family is the only one supporting big time for NIL and it's 100% basketball.

WPS speaks the truth. Have a good friend who lives in Ft Smith who's a big arky booster and he's told me exactly the same thing. Jones only cares about his cowboys, walmart don't give a hoot about sports and just what you said about tyson. It frustrates him but is what it is.

Somehow people get the impression because a school has some big name alumni that they're just throwing money left and right at these athletes, when that's not really the case. A lot of those folks aren't willing to throw their money into something where they get no real monetary return.

BlackSailsDawg
10-21-2022, 11:58 AM

Corps that are national are not going to get involved in NILs. It's the individuals. The Walton heirs that will have to get involved...etc.

Percho
10-21-2022, 12:05 PM
Actually makes me sick to read this. Am presently near 80 but as a little kid thought Jim Thorp was shafted by the Olympics but who really knows.

If only Adam had not taken a bite of that apple!

Nothing but lust which results in lies in order to cover it up.

For the love of the game.

BlackSailsDawg
10-21-2022, 12:07 PM
Actually makes me sick to read this. Am presently near 80 but as a little kid thought Jim Thorp was shafted by the Olympics but who really knows.

I hate the direction myself. We did it to ourselves though.

WhiskeyPirate
10-21-2022, 01:10 PM

Good post

I think if you look around you see societal corruption at every level, I guess you have to accept it would infect amateur athletics.

WhiskeyPirate
10-21-2022, 01:31 PM

The Sam Walton school of business is coordinating a lot of NIL deals, Jerry basically hired Chad didn?t he ?

I know a booster for Arkansas, not a billionaire but a pretty wealthy older guy who gives regularly. I also am good friends with one of the Ark Players parents. They have lots of resources we don?t have. They may not be Texas or Ohio State but I don?t think money will ever be an issue for the Hawgs.

Bothrops
10-22-2022, 08:02 AM
Good post

I think if you look around you see societal corruption at every level, I guess you have to accept it would infect amateur athletics.

I feel like I'm Kevin Lomax in Devil's Advocate in the present times.